Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Average citizen roleplaying gear!

+16
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Dyone
Charlie Blazesong
Thondalar Stormleaf
Urièl
Skarain
Rmuffn
Ledgic
The Z
erwtenpeller
Iriel Silversong
Amaryl
Ixirar
CrusaderElly
Thelos
Littlepip
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Average citizen roleplaying gear! Empty Average citizen roleplaying gear!

Post by Littlepip Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:58 pm

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

Since some people are having difficulty... THIS IS A SUGESTION, NOT AN ORDER. There, now thats that been said lets get onward!

Welcome to a new thread, one of many thousands out there probably, however in this thread I will be discussing something important, something so important it might have helped a little bit in the destruction of criminal roleplay. I am talking about fashion.

One of the many small problems in Defias Brotherhood is that we sometimes, occasionally spot this one character with full conquest gear or maybe some epic ulduar gear that looks like it was created for kings and queens, this is a problem I will try to fix through best intentions only.

A simple fix for a simple problem, go to AH and start searching around for items that you think will fit your character the best, no one else can decide that better then yourself after all. However help from a friend is sometimes appreciated.

To give you a slight push in what normal people would use. This is a recent gear I got and have started using, you don't have to do the same thing as this is only a suggestion.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A simple set of clothes that doesn't chase people away, I like to variate a bit because I don't have twelve sets of the same clothes waiting in my closet, I actually have to wash them and fix them once they get damaged or dirty.

"But I worked really hard to get these clothes and it looks really awesome!" All tho I admit your giant shoulder-pads looks awesome, and the red wings shooting out from behind you looks stunning. I have a golden rule which I recently invented for myself, think like a civilian, act like a civilian.

That is my golden rule and you are in no way obliged to follow it under any circumstances no matter how much others pester you to do it.

Go get some simple clothes, set together your own set or look for one on the internet, show a bit of originality and creativity, show that Defias Brotherhood has a big enough backbone that they dare to be in their own city without wearing conquest gear!

And one last time for the slow learners.. This is a suggestion, don't take it so serious!

Last edited by Ariel on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Average citizen roleplaying gear! Empty Re: Average citizen roleplaying gear!

Post by Littlepip Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:58 pm

Simple Female Roleplay sets.
- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Simple Male Roleplay sets.

-
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:06 pm

The links don't work for me.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by CrusaderElly Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:51 pm

The current problem Defias Brotherhood has is that a lot of people out there uses heroic clothing which they get from conquest points, gear the says.. "Hey, I'm a bad ass.. Don't screw with me."

I don't see this issue at all, I see guard uniforms, I see simple dresses and every day shirts & trousers, 'fancy' hats.. Normal swords and shields, a walking stick perhaps. I have honestly no idea what you're talking about.
CrusaderElly
CrusaderElly

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Basicly.

I didn't say it involved everyone, I've seen a ton of people being creative in their fashion, except those few who wears the most epic armor that they can get their hands on that even the king would find difficult to get.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:05 pm

You claim that your pet project with this thread is to "Help criminal RP".

Well, let me tell you, not only did people wearing "heroic" (??) gear have nothing to do with the stagnation of criminal RP, your asking people to wear bland clothes will do exactly zilch to save it.

We have to remember that we are not hero's that have the luxury of the world, we might be adventurers seeking fame and fortune most of the time, that doesn't mean you should wear the most awesome clothes on the market!

Maybe -you- aren't. Plenty of people RP characters for who that actually -is- the case. And again, that is NOT a contributing factor to why criminal RP stagnated. There were, at the time that I was in the Cartel, plenty of people walking around in everyday clothes. And we did bully them.

This is a major problem as it makes thief less willing to attack the target and limits roleplay drastically, this has to be fixed and it is so easy all you need to do is go into AH and have a look around.

This doesn't "HAVE" to be fixed. What if I don't -want- to RP out the scenario of my character getting steamrolled by a bunch of thugs? Why would I gear down in that case? It doesn't limit roleplay at all. If the only interaction you can think of is "Thugs mugging me", you're part of the problem and you need to fix your outlook.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:10 pm

Oh my....

Oh my..

Look, There's nothing wrong with creating a collection of "normal" looking sets, to help people find cool stuff to wear that seems like a pretty sweet idea, But when its accompanied by most of text basically saying; IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, YOU'RE RUINING RP, then my gag reflect kicks in.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Why do people think that I'm ordering around when they read my texts, what happened with.. "Ooh that dude is suggesting something."

Since when did I start actually telling people what to do when to do it? Its starting to get rather annoying.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Ariel wrote:Hello ladies and gentlemen.

Welcome to a new thread, one of many thousands out there probably, however in this thread I will be discussing something important, something so important it might have helped a little bit in the destruction of criminal roleplay. I am talking about fashion.

The current problem Defias Brotherhood has is that a lot of people out there uses heroic clothing which they get from conquest points, gear the says.. "Hey, I'm a bad ass.. Don't screw with me."
This is a major problem as it makes thief less willing to attack the target and limits roleplay drastically, this has to be fixed and it is so easy all you need to do is go into AH and have a look around.

To give you a slight push in what normal people should use, here is what I am currently using.

A simple set of clothes that doesn't chase people away, I like to variate a bit because I don't have twelve sets of the same clothes waiting in my closet, I actually have to wash them and fix them once they get damaged or dirty.

"But I worked really hard to get these clothes and it looks really awesome!" All tho I admit your giant shoulder-pads looks awesome, and the red wings shooting out from behind you looks stunning.. We have to remember that we are not hero's that have the luxury of the world, we might be adventurers seeking fame and fortune most of the time, that doesn't mean you should wear the most awesome clothes on the market!

Go get some simple clothes, set together your own set or look for one on the internet, show a bit of originality and creativity, show that Defias Brotherhood has a big enough backbone that they dare to be in their own city without wearing conquest gear!

This is a problem. We need to fix it. If you don't do it, you're helping destroy criminal RP. Your character is not an awesome hero. If you don't do this, you're not original or creative and you don't have a backbone.

It's in your phrasing. If you don't want people to counterargue, don't present your suggestions in such a matter-of-fact way.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:24 pm

I already did fix it, read again and please stop being so serious all the time about stuff. I was only trying to help out through the few ways I know, suggestions.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:49 pm

You made a serious post.
So i will also be serious and write a serious answer. To your try on substituting some people's gear because to you it may look to fabulous to your eye, they may wear it because they think is what fits their character. There's nowhere in lore that stops them wearing that armor if they believe it fits their character .

Your way of helping out doesn't help you can't you say to them this is wrong do as I think.

In a less serious note luls croissants
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:41 pm

Ariel wrote:I already did fix it, read again and please stop being so serious all the time about stuff. I was only trying to help out through the few ways I know, suggestions.

Honestly, I know i'm a dick, but you have to understand; there's no room for nuance on the internet. That said, you're really taking the wrong approach to things. Being antagonistic, being hostile, and being quick to elevated states of emotions, will not make you many friends on this forum; and your "fix" Doesn't improve the tone of your post, it only worsens it. It reads like a forced apologie to your little brother under your parents gaze, nobody believes it, but apparently it is enough to suffice.

What you should have done from the get-go, is not add any remarks that attack the usage armour in RP, because that is pointless and will get you nowhere. Instead, and listen up since this is what we tend to call constructive criticism, and how you handle this that is a good indication of character, you should have made this thread firstly to promote civilian gear sets both on A. Civilians dress the best, and here's some cool sets, do you have cool sets too? what's your favourite cow milking outfit? and then go over to point B, hey soldiers; aren't you tired lugging that armour around all day? when in the city and heading to the tavern how about you look suave for once in this?

But you preferred having a negative post.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:04 pm

In Stormwind my characters usually wear some simple set of normal looking clothing, in contested territory I take out the bling transmog.

Everyone knows the more gold plates you have on your armor the more harder you can hit your enemies Wink

Maybe you could post screenshots of them too, so we can preview them without loading relatively heavy links. Not all laptops like those *cough cough*

Looking forward to seeing more sets appear!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Most people I see wear simple clothing and citizen like even my character of duty does too .

If dome roleplay es wears super armor is because they believe their characters goes with it.

Is a magical world of war
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:20 pm

My inner fashiongirlguy sometimes cries bloody tears over the fact of how poor clothing customizations are in WoW for that more "simple" type of clothing. Of course it's somewhat understandable that t-shirts and such would look completely out of place in the fantasy world of Warcraft, but maaaan, you can only pick from so many shirts and chests, before you start going for more "buffed up" gear that doesn't really look like it would sit on your average citizen.

That said, if I can't find "average" type of gear that would look good on my goblin, I just won't use it and transmog something together from gear that pleases my eye, though usually staying in the limits of no sparkly shoulderpads and such, at least if I'm a hunter. Can see those passable on magic users, if being honest.

...but of course, I'm on the Horde side. We can all wear [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and other such savage/classy gear in a tavern and be comfy with it.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:46 pm

This thread is just confusing. "Stop wearing heroic armour, civilians!" uh. I think you can take it that their character isn't your average joe if they've decided to dress them up like that.

As for the whole causing the stagnation of Criminal RP, that's just hilariously out of touch. Sorry, swing and a miss with this thread.

Edit: As for the tag at the bottom of the first post. Don't create silly threads and people won't react in-kind.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Only read the OP post but eh, some people are actually not average citizen but have served the army for most of their life or whatever and has maybe a reason to wear fancy shoulderpads instead of a dirty t-shirt
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:07 am

I will agree and disagree.

From what i summarized, the main post basically suggested people to get more "average citizen" sets to go around with, to bring a more "ordinary" atmosphere to be had around.

Thing is, in current roleplaying stage very few players opt to play the ordinary Civilians. Warcraft is a high-fantasy setting, with flying airships, floating cities and great heroes, so it is understandable that people want to play out the things they deem "cool".

The lack of ordinary civilian guilds may have a part in leading things into that direction, as unfortunately there have not been good long-term civilian guilds around for a very long time to support and promote roleplaying of that kind. However, it does raise up a question.... "what do civilians do?", what is there to roleplay out as an ordinary person? Not all can answer to that, so they rather take a sword to their hand, don some armor and claim to be a mercenary... or a hero, general, archmage, as their roles seem more "easy" to play out.

I personally have both sets worth of heroes and simple civilian alike. Which set i use depend on the occasion and place i am walking to. Also as a city Stormwind doesn't give off a very safe image, with frequent gunshots and people armed to the teeth.

Your suggestion for people to try to get more average civilian looking gear can be good in towards turning Stormwind a more "ordinary" city, but i doubt that anything really will happen unless a guild, project or otherwise shows people the beauty of civilian RP.

People will wear what gear they feel will suit for their character.

Also, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Urièl Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:09 am

but....but...im a belf!
Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:16 am

Belves should always look amazing.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:40 am

That feel when Charlie looks like a civillian who just happened to pick up a RUNEDMURDERSWORDOFFIRE!
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:37 am

I have like...3-4 different sets of gear in my back. 1 is my normal pve raiding gear..but i also carry arround a "decent" set. (simple robe..decent shoes...guild tabard)..then on the other hand...i have this..beautifull dress...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who i sometimes put on when i want to feel...sexy

And then there´s my battle armor. So hard even the king has trouble getting his hands on? I don't think so...Since it's the High Tinker Lookalike. Smile

Just want to say.. i get your point..people can do a bit more effort to gear appropiate. I always say it to the new RPers in my guild...Hey..are you marching into war or something?...No..loose that shoulderpads. weapons etc...

Greetings, Charkly Smile
Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:31 am

The last seven times Amaryl wore a dress in the capital city, she was shot twice, stabbed twice, and bombarbed with ice once.

Hence she wears a full suit of armour when taking a stroll along the canals.

Heck, she's been injured more often when in stormwind out of armour than, in the rest of the kingdom both in and out of armour.

Point being, you're stupid to put on civilian clothes, if your character values his/her safety.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:04 pm

I would happily dress my characters mundanely if I had better access to aforementioned pieces.

The fact of the matter is that so called "heroic, epic, spiky, deluxe" gear is far simpler to attain, than most good-looking transmog-ready green pieces, so naturally people are going to take the path of least resistance.

Good for you, you want to make yourself look simpler and less heroic.

Just don't passive-aggressively tell people what they should, and should not wear, because it ruins your immersion. Forced frailty and normality in a world of magic, dragons, and magical armour hurts mine.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:07 pm

I take a lot of pleasure in dressing my characters appropriately to the occasion :3
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next