Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the Dwarven comunity.

+3
Izzifix
Skarain
Littlepip
7 posters

Go down

To the Dwarven comunity. Empty To the Dwarven comunity.

Post by Littlepip Mon May 26, 2014 10:06 am

Hang on, let me start by setting the mood by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Greetings brothers and sisters.

My name is Bavragor, I have played on this realm for one and a half year now and I feel that I finally have the "Right" to say what I'm thinking on the subject of dwarves.

We used to be a great community, we had a single guild to rule them all which brought rich roleplay to the realm, this guild lasted several years before finally falling, it has been a while now but it is clear that the dwarven guilds will not return as easily as I first had hoped, probably because most of the dwarven guilds keep on doing the same thing.
Do you know what true insanity is? It is repeating the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, yet what happens is the same, over and over again until finally you get tired off it and completely give up.

Now it is time to shed some light on the problem. Stop isolating the guild up north, it has happened twice now and there are still people trying to do it without the proper experience, there are only a few guilds out there that can survive without a role-playing hub and they know what they are doing. *Looks at the Horde and the wild tempest.*
I get that you want to live up north were dwarves usually is hanging out, but what happens is that you isolate yourself and the guild, the war up north is over and it is time to move on to greener patches. The only way to survive without a roleplaying hub is to have an active player-base and a guild leader with experience, here is a short list on what I personally think you need to hold  guild active.

- First and foremost, you need to give them a reason to come back online, give them events now and then, you should also have an event that happens each week on the same day, this could be PvP or PvE. Give them at least two events each week, one OOC and one for roleplay.
- Stay active in your guild! As a guild leader it is your responsibility to stay active and always be there for the guild. It is like a child, if you leave it alone for to long it will die.
- If you are leaving for a few weeks you need to place someone in charge, don't ever leave for a longer extent of time without leaving someone behind that you know you can trust and keep the guild active while you are gone.
- If you ever find yourself in a lack of dwarf members try inviting people from other realms, remember that there isn't a law against advertisement! Very Happy
- Timing, it is really important to know when to create a guild and when to create an event.
- Last advice to keep the guild active is to be kind, supportive and teaching to the fellow guild members, this goes for everyone.

I hope this help in someway to create both dwarf guilds and other guilds outside the Roleplaying hub, this is only a personal perspective since I'm not a guild leader myself.. (Yet.)

Last edited by Ariel on Mon May 26, 2014 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

To the Dwarven comunity. Empty Re: To the Dwarven comunity.

Post by Skarain Mon May 26, 2014 10:18 am

From what i recently talked with Cid, Clans of Khaz Modan are waiting for Warlords of Draenor before resubbing. There just isn't enough interesting going on in the game, from what i understood. Roleplaying only may not be enough for everyone.

Regardless, a nice read.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Mon May 26, 2014 10:25 am

Bavragor wrote:1. There used to be dwarves.
2. Now there are no dwarves.
3. All these current dwarves need to do as I say.
4. Focus on other things than RP.
5. All you other current dwarf RPers must be really active and not ever have breaks.

Can't really take your post too seriously, it's too similiar to "RP is dying, someone else, do something!"-posts.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Mon May 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Nobody tells a dwarf what to do!

As for the points on a dwarf guild and how to keep it going well those are the basic points of it all really, others being don't create "server lore" that over-rides Blizzard lore.

Advertising on other servers can lead to drama from the other dwarf guilds on that server if you're gonna advertise use the Rp forums or the proper recruitment forums available to you.

Events are important definetley gives a good structure to the guild and people know that their will be something on for them to take part in though it is good to have officers and members that will engage in spontaneous Rp with the local community though don't be surprised when someone comes along claiming they're a general and expecting you to do everything they say.

Isolation is a killer for guilds the Dwarven Rifle Squad of the past always made sure to stay a part of the community and visit Stormwind frequently as well as engage in Rp-PvP alongside such guilds as the Disciples of Light,Kingdom of Stromgarde and the friendship was generally quite good that they directed dwarven Rp'ers towards the Dwarven Rifle Squad.

As for the single guild to rule them all, that in my opinion as co-creator of the Ironforge Senate alongside such people as Deigra/Exaythe and Vopyna/Gahalla is something we set out to not have from the very start as TTH/DRS had a guild rule that no IC member of DRS/TTH could be a Senator, though that wrongfully got changed and allowed DRS/TTH to monopolise upon it whereas before it was made up of independants who could all have various views.(Kings veto rule was also put in place for the Rp community to put a stop to lore-breaking maneuveres done by the Rp'ers in the senate though this was later ignored and forgotten about.)
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:23 pm

I'm looking currently for some Dwarven RP Guild. Unfortunately, the link that lead to The Three Hammers forums is showing information about the guild disband.

Is there any other I could join with my alt?
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Secran Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Mallucis wrote:I'm looking currently for some Dwarven RP Guild. Unfortunately, the link that lead to The Three Hammers forums is showing information about the guild disband.

Is there any other I could join with my alt?

Clans of Khaz Modan
Secran
Secran

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Reposted Skarains post since for the 100th time... :

From what i recently talked with Cid, Clans of Khaz Modan are waiting for Warlords of Draenor before resubbing. There just isn't enough interesting going on in the game, from what i understood. Roleplaying only may not be enough for everyone.

Regardless, a nice read.

If they are already back, then *shrug* not sure
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down