Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to the Highlands, part I

Go down

Back to the Highlands, part I Empty Back to the Highlands, part I

Post by Julean Sat May 15, 2010 11:07 pm

The water splashed heavily against the ship, Ascension, the sun was slowly rising up in the horizon and men were singing, drinking and some were even dancing. There wasn't only men here in the crew, of course. There was some women, but there was only one who actually were standing out. The Captain. She walked and talked like a man, but she still had those features of a woman, and she was beautiful. Brown coloured skin, black hair that was hold back with a bandanna. Julean was quite surprised over seeing the captain being a woman. The men seemed to respect her. She surely was a strong woman.

“Hector! Come up 'ere and take over for me!” The captain yelled out as an order. She didn't have to wait long before a crewman came over and took the wheel for her. Julean looked up at her, holding her arms over her chest with a blanket. She wasn't used with travelling by ship for so long. It had already been a week and they still had long way to go. Anabel waved to Julean, walking down the stairs to the deck and nodded towards her cabinet. It was still early in the morning and neither of them had eaten just yet. Julean didn't hesitate and smiled, walking towards the cabinet too. She could hear Hector, the crewman that was the one holding the wheel under the absence of their captain, yelling out order to the crew. Inside the cabinet was Anabel busy with putting food and bottles on the table. Julean walked in and closed the door after her, it was better to have it quiet here. Her little son was still sleeping, or so she thought at least. Anabel soon looked up and sat down, stretching her legs and arms with a yawn.
“Good mornin' to ye Jules, I take it ye slept well?” The captain had been most generous with Julean under the journey towards Wetlands. It was the closest harbour they could get too that was close to the Highlands. Julean gave her a nod as she sat down and barely caught the apple that Anabel tossed to her.
“Aye, thank ye. T'was hard te sleep, but I managed some'ow. I am jus' glad tha' my son coul' get some sleep again. It have been long days for him.”

Anabel had taken a apple herself and bited off a piece and chewed on it, nodding. “Aye, Connor seems to like it here, nay? I'm thinking that we have 'bout a week- couple of days left maybe, until we reach the harbour. There been no problems so far?” Julean shook her head. The only problem she had was the lack of sleep. She was scared and had Connor with her. Even if Morgan had insisted to come with them so was he needed in Northrend. He couldn't go with them just yet. She still thought of that morning when they boarded Ascension. “Say, how long has it been since ye left for Northrend?”

They used have those talks, it could be for hours. But it was good, Julean felt more easy when they talked. She wasn't much of a sailor really, it was enough that she used to travel back and forth between the Eastern Kingdoms and Northrend. “ 'Bout two years. An' couple o' months since I gave birth te Connor.” Anabel nodded as she listened. So far had they been lucky with the weather. There hadn't been much of a storm so far, only a few small ones but nothing they couldn't handle.
“I miss the Highlands. I wonder how much 'ave changed. Maybe they even 'ave rebuilt Stromgarde? But that's just wishful thinkin'.” Anabel laughed quietly. She knew what Julean meant. There have been a lot of things that she had wished for, but alas she never got it. “Aye, but we all can dream of it, for sure.”

They ate a warm meal, shared stories that was left to be told and just killed some of their time. Connor had woken up and sat with them, giggling happily in his mothers arms. Outside the cabinet so were most of the crew up. There was music and singing on deck. They seemed to have a good time. “Well, nothin' lasts forever, eh? Will have to check on the crew. Feed the lil' pirate and come out after it, will you? Fresh air is good for ye both.” Lil' pirate. It was a name Anabel had given the little boy. He was almost like a pirate, taking his mother time when she was talking to her. Julean nodded with a smile.
“Aye and thank you, Ana.”
Julean
Julean

Character sheet
Name: Nukah Runetotem
Title: Druid of the Wild

Back to top Go down