Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aspiring new guild. [A] Undeath.

+7
erwtenpeller
Adry
siegmund
Officer High Morale
Lea
Eldiros
Valkirin/Cass
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aspiring new guild. [A] Undeath. Empty Aspiring new guild. [A] Undeath.

Post by Valkirin/Cass Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Brand new still working out the kinks with lore erc, going by the name it sounds like a cult but dont intend on it to ba a cult but more so a terrorist organisation although cult aspectcan and probably will be involved as its hard to avoid. Planning to bring the plague threat into the RP world and cause pressure to the existing guards guilds and possibly causing pressure to the existing Evil and Criminal guilds or just being allies with em.
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Aspiring new guild. [A] Undeath. Empty Re: Aspiring new guild. [A] Undeath.

Post by Eldiros Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:34 pm

You need to add A LOT more detail to this than what is described here no doubt to even form a base, though I must say, I appreciate the concept as the undead/scourge/plague plots in WoW have always been my favorite aspects of the lore. It's a welcomed concept if managed correctly.
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Yes well firstly plague wise it will be the old lich king style plague.. Not this new forsaken plague as its different as in i outright kills an i want panic when people think there gonna become undead.. You may remeber my little experiment last week with the plague hoax and execution.. I will also have the typical shadow nonsense: forced possesion, demon summoning etc. Regular crimes as in assaults and murder will be accepted but not a big part of guild, kidnap for ransom and experimentation and if people are willing to accept the odd character deaths i will have suicide bombing with plague and regular bombs etc.. The griund wirk still needs layed but will be working furiously on it.
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:09 pm

All i can say is we DO need more evil/criminal guilds to balance out all the good guy guilds. I mean, i have no problem with this concept - i think a few things need to be pointed out and maybe thought out a little more; but see what the interest is like. Eye of the Shadow went inactive and I know a few of their members would like something like this.. just wing it and see where it goes - thats what myself and Sali did with the Alliance Intelligence.. whats the worst that can happen?
Lea
Lea

Character sheet
Name: Lea Parker
Title: The Girl of a Thousand Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:12 pm

If it flops ill stick to being a guard but im lookin forward to attempting. But all in all it wont be a horrid loss if it does fail. Haha
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Well im sure Fally will be sad to loose his best Corporal, if only for a short while;) Im always supportive of you though Cass, as you were for me and Sali, so I will throw a character in the guild Wink
Lea
Lea

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:16 pm

Im sure the grumpy old wizard would support you too Wink huh Eldiros? *nudges*
Lea
Lea

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:17 pm

Haha don't make him angry
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:22 pm

*hides a gasoline tank behind his back*

"Hello, children.. hello.."

*smiles*
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:06 pm

I'll just say straight through it and say that the plague might just bore people. I had this idea of unleashing ghouls into the city, but the majority of people didn't seem to like the idea of ghouls because it was already used in Wotlk. Same with the plague, the forsaken, or even just those in Wotlk use/used it and it may not just be all that exciting. You could always create a new sort of poison tho, that imo would be much more original and better.

But whatever you do, I say good luck, we seriously need some more good evil RP around. Wink

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Gerard/Gramot wrote:I'll just say straight through it and say that the plague might just bore people. I had this idea of unleashing ghouls into the city, but the majority of people didn't seem to like the idea of ghouls because it was already used in Wotlk. Same with the plague, the forsaken, or even just those in Wotlk use/used it and it may not just be all that exciting. You could always create a new sort of poison tho, that imo would be much more original and better.

But whatever you do, I say good luck, we seriously need some more good evil RP around. Wink

I totally agree with Gramot.. we need a long term sustainable guild that can dish out the evil RP.
Having something short term like a plague which could be eradicated would be more an idea for an event, rather than the approach of a guild.

We all know that some people have a large dislike for the Forlorn Cartel, but i see that another criminal guild really is needed - and the void does need to be filled... soon enough guards will have to arrest eachother!
Lea
Lea

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:16 pm

soon enough guards will have to arrest eachother!

That already happens/happened a lot.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:22 pm

siegmund wrote:

Thats because we need more evil!

MOAAAAARRRR EVVIIILLLLLL
Lea
Lea

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Saraya wrote:
siegmund wrote:

Thats because we need more evil!

MOAAAAARRRR EVVIIILLLLLL

MOAR EVIL TO DB! YES!

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Ok well then i got alot more thinkin on what to do with this guild haha darn... Although i do like the idea of a new virus type thingy.
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:00 am

If you would like to make a cult that researches plague and how to use it to overthrow order, or have some other theme of a conduct in mind (demon summoning, blood rituals etc) I would highly suggest that you come up with a specific lore that makes it different from other cultist guilds, and that you get it started with a face as something harmless and innocent on the outside:

For an example, a larger trading company which is in fact just an outer appearance for what is a hideous organization of terror. You could talk about fine silks on the markets to uphold a different identity, though you in fact perform a vicious worship of some evil being. Just keeping the fasade adds a completely new level to it.
Today, (or possibly yesterday) I met someone who just came up to me IC and said "Hello there, Im an evil cultist, whatcha gonna do about it?".
That simply sums up my experience with various cultist guilds I have encountered. Its always been hard to have evil RP that lasts in this server. best of luck!
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:18 am

From the perspective of a roleplayer, a guild based around plague or something similar presents a number of issues. For one, plague or as you said some other type of pathogen is very difficult to roleplay around. People won't be willing to surrender their characters to this unless it isn't fatal, in which case there are a number of other issues such as what it does and why they even made it in the first place.

For another, it is a very niche ideal, something that should be used at best as a very minor device in some greater plot or scheme. You as the roleplayers behind a plague based guild will get very bored of it very fast.

Having played a plethora of shadowmages, warlocks, witches and other bizarre villains, I have a little bit of advice to offer on general evilness too. In playing an evil character, it's important to be proactive about your roleplay. Defeat is inevitable, so instead of working around defeat, work with it. Plan out some epic defeat, or even some daring and original escape (not some last-second emergency teleport to the nether). Knowing how to cope with defeat is what will keep everyone happy while you play an evil character.

On another note related to the guild itself, I like the idea of a terrorist cell as opposed to some sort of axis of evil, especially seen as axes of evil don't tend to work too well. We could use a proper gritty underground group hell-bent on causing real terror, just so long as it's executed right!
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:31 am

Isn't this already happening right now?

Adry wrote:It is a very niche ideal, something that should be used at best as a very minor device in some greater plot or scheme. You as the roleplayers behind a plague based guild will get very bored of it very fast.

Unless...

...You play forsaken! Your totally legit in-game faction for all things plague and undeath.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:47 am

if you need some help with the plague and all. My Death Knight gnome learned how to create plague. Dyoné is her name. Trow me a whisper ingame, and maybe we can meet.

(At the moment im in my buddy's RP guild Tides of rum, ain't gonna leave it. But would love to be a suportive character Smile )

Suffer Well,
Dyone
Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:02 am

Sounds lile a plan. Ill keep it in mind. Smile
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:05 am

Actually tides of rum are pirates arnt they... do they smuggle stuff would be good to sub let jobs to other guilds build good inter guild relations .
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:10 am

yeah, but make sure you can actually sustain the guild concept before you make an official guild.
Lea
Lea

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:14 am

Yeah for now its a lvling guild til ii fully decide on what to do. Terrorist cell is my aim... That way its more sustainable.
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:22 am

what activities would you terrorist cell get up to though, cassianda.. i dont get what could be sustainable with like blowing up buildings, as happened when the scarlets blowed up my building, it was of course a large effect but it was fixed pretty quick.. i agree with causing havoc but i think it would be most effective if you make a guild with an overall criminal concept alike the forlorn cartel, as we know most people dislike roleplaying with them, but then add some terrorist plot as some sort of side event other than a main guild plot... that way the guild is much more sustainable and a lot more long term other than just a short term terrorist plot that is going to just be extinguished `pretty fast by all the guards...

thats just my personal imput..  Very Happy 
Lea
Lea

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:10 pm

Target wise high profile people are the target such as yourself for kidnap ransom plots, slave trade but i dont think that will go down well so may scrap that, biological ad mechanical bombings not just specific to SW (need to find the dwarven guilds to talk to em), cult aspects but not alot, rune trade as in DK runes that amp power and become addictive, drug smuggling, a black market which will take alot of thought as i will need ironforge and ither citys to play along, a fence as in stolen goods fence if the black market dosnt quite work out, regular murder and assaults. More to come as they pop in my head as ive changed my plans several time.
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next