Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The journal of Julean Milner, Chapter Two

Go down

The journal of Julean Milner, Chapter Two Empty The journal of Julean Milner, Chapter Two

Post by Julean Sat May 15, 2010 11:06 pm

The smell of the herb tea Julean had prepared filled the room, it was quiet. The only sound she heard was the sparkles of the fire that filled warmth in the room. She closed her eyes and inhaled the smell of the tea. Wild flowers and honey, it was a recipe she had gotten from Morgan, it was also new to her but she was grateful that she had tried it out. She had written a letter that she was going to send home, it was signed to Saihna Trollbane. She didn't knew who else she would write too.

“Sai,

I hope that the ancestors are treating you well. I am sorry for not being in the Highlands together with you, I hope that I haven't let you down because of this. I do not know when I can return, things are a bit, I don't know. Things are just bad. Fortunately for me, I've met someone who I can live with. He's a gentle man, Morgan. We are both working for the Argent Crusade, even though things have been quiet. I pray for you all at home everyday. I don't know how long it will take for this letter to reach you, it may take months, but by the ancestors I hope it reaches you.

An dornu kel Fodrig,

Jules”

She read through the letter several times before she decided that it was good enough and sealed the letter. It was to be sent early in the morning. Julean took up her cup of tea and a sip of it, it was a sweet taste. Somewhat she was relaxed. It knocked on her door and Morgan peeked his head through.
“Ey, Jules. Thought I'd check up on ya. How 'bout some dinner?” She couldn't say no to him. She nodded with a smile and put the cup of tea down on the table.

Thick clouds had been gathering under the day, it was snowing yet again. Julean hated those months of the year, at the same time she loved it. There was lots of snow, she used to throw snowballs at her friends when she was just a kid. But now was she just freezing, and was really warm. She frowned in her sleep, turning to her left and a sweat drop were slowly falling down her cheek. She didn't sleep well at all. It was troubling her.
She opened her eyes slowly. Everything was so blurry but she could see good enough to understand that she weren't alone in the room. Someone was sitting on the end of her bed. Morgan was nowhere to be seen. Tiredly Julean rubbed her eyes and blinked a few times. She heard the person mumbling to someone in a very low voice. She couldn't hear what the person said, so she sat up in stead. “Who are ye an' wha' are ye doin 'ere?” She asked the person, whoever it was.
“... Never there when I needed ye at most. Ye left everything up te me te do all the chores. Why did ye do tha'?” The person repeated itself all the time before Julean shook her head and was about to lean forward when the person turned the head around and looked at Julean. It was her sister, Cymeth! She gasped and was stunned. But Cymeth was... dead!
“Why Jules!? Why did ye leave us alone!?” Cymeth hissed. Julean swallowed and felt a hard knot in her stomach. It was true that she had left, no she was forced to leave her family, including her sister Cymeth, on the farm. She tried to open her mouth to answer her but she just stuttered a few words. She didn't knew what to say. “If ye was there then ye maybe mother an' father didn't 'ave te sell the farm!” Cymeth shook her head dramatically and then smiled. “Nay, I'm sorry. Ye are nay te be blamed fer tha'. Ye had te leave with tha' priestess.” Cymeth continued. A sweat drop fell down from Julean's cheek and she bit her lip.
“I am so sorry, Cymeth! I wouldn't 'ave left ye all alone if I could have stayed there! I promise ye tha'!” To her relief was her sister nodding and turned around and climbed up to her bed and hugged Julean. She wrapped her arms around Cymeth and embraced her, she missed her sister so much! Then she could feel Cymeth's breath close to her ear.
“One second, Jules. Once second, it's all wha' it takes.” Julean didn't understand it at all, she blinked her eyes and was about to question her sister when she felt Cymeth's breath again when she whispered in her ear. “A breath, enough to change the course of life.” Julean laid her hands upon Cymeth shoulders and was about to pull her away to look at her when she saw black spots everywhere. The taste of blood filled her mouth and then the pain came. She couldn't scream. She could only her Cymeth hush at her. “Jus' give into it, Jules.” Cymeth pulled away from Julean with a big grin on her lips, blood on her hands. Blood was coming out from Julean's mouth and slowly ran down her lip. She could barely see the blade that was sticking out from her stomach. It wasn't fatal for her, but was to the one inside her. She coughed up blood and screamed.

“NAY!” She sat up with her hand on her stomach and looked down. Nothing. She was warm, so warm and sweaty. She was burning up and breathed so hard that she thought she would pass out if she didn't calm down. Morgan was there with her and had his hands on her shoulders.
“Jules! Jules, it's okay. Just a bad dream. Don't worry.” Morgan hugged her her close and she slowly wrapped her arms around him, still scared to death of the nightmare. He looked at her when she was a bit calmer She didn't look well at all. He suspected that she was sick and laid a hand on her forehead. He blinked. She was burning. “My god, ye're burnin' up! Here, lay down and I'll go get some water.” The sun shone from a cloudless sky into the room. Outside the window was it yet again snowing. Julean looked at Morgan who was about to leave the room and called his name.
“Morgan. Coul' ye.. jus' send a letter fer me? 'S on my table.” She said to him. He nodded with a 'of course' to her and took the letter before he left to get a bowl of water to her. She had a strong fever. She just hated the winter sometimes. She opened her journal and dipped the quill in the ink bottle, she wanted at least write something in it.

“February 1th.
A dream. Just a nightmare, about my sister Cymeth. I don't think I've been that scared in my whole life. I'm glad that it was just a dream. I ended up with having fever, not what I have expected. I've also written a letter to Saihna that Morgan will send. I hope it reaches her. A lot have happened since last time I wrote. Nothing I really want to think of right now, though. I promise to avenge my sisters death. Whoever did it, will be shown no mercy.”

Just a few lines, that was enough. Morgan came back, saying he had sent her letter and gave a quick glare when he saw her with the journal. She bit her lip tiredly, closed it and put it back to where it was. “Jus' wanted te write a few lines. Don't worry, I'll try an' sleep.” She coughed and Morgan put down the bowl of water with a wet towel in. He nodded and then moved the blanket up a bit and made sure she was comfortable before he laid the towel on her head.
“Good. Ye will need all the damn sleep ye can get, dear.” Julean couldn't help but smile to him and nodded vaguely before she closed her eyes, mumbling “aye I will do tha'. Thank ye.”The journal of Julean Milner, Chapter Two
Julean
Julean

Character sheet
Name: Nukah Runetotem
Title: Druid of the Wild

Back to top Go down