Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Julean - Chapter one

2 posters

Go down

Julean - Chapter one Empty Julean - Chapter one

Post by Julean Sat May 15, 2010 11:04 pm

The sun were slowly going up, the light shining with it's presence all over the highlands. Clear windbreezes going through the grass, touching the hills of the highlands. It was a clear morning. The sky were bright, farmers had gone up early to begin taking care of their farms. Milking the cows, getting the eggs. This morning, there was an young girl who were helping out with the daily chores . She usually had her hair free, but not this morning. She had tied a strip of cloth around her thick hair, having one ponytail instead while taking her shirt on. Those days it usually wasn't that cold. Julean were humming on a tone as she walked to the stable to check on the horses and give them some food. She listened to the horses neighing and giggles, taking up a bucket.
”Aye aye, I'm comin' with yer food, dearies. Dun't ye worry. Tha's enoug' fer y'll.”
The horse seemed all more happier after getting their food and Julean went out from the stable after she had put it down in a corner. That morning when she had woken up she felt that it wasn't as the others days, something were bothering her but she couldn't put her finger on what it was, so she did her best to think on her daily chores. William called out her name which she responded too, telling him that she was at the stables.
”Julean! Ye gave the 'orses their food?!” Julean who walked to meet her father nodded for herself, yelling back to him, 'Aye, I gave 'em their food, father'. She had seen boys and girls been taken into training, away and called for. They'll were going to be trained to either be great warriors or healers. Or maybe just a knight in shining armor? Julean giggled to the thought of it.
”Someday, a knight in shinin' armor will get 'ere an' take me away.” She mumbled for herself as she picked up the pitchfork. She immediately turned around she heard Katharine.

”An' yer better 'ope tha' will take some time, dear.” Her mother said with an smile and Julean shrugged, leaning the pitchfork on her shoulder and looked with an questionly look at her mother. ”We need ye 'ere at the farm.” Had Katharine quickly explained and Julean just gave her a nod before they went back to their house to get some breakfast.
At the house Julean put down the pitchfork and leaned it against the wall, Katharine had prepared it all before she went to get Julean. Fried eggs, black coffee, which Julean didn't like at all, some bread, butter, honey. Most of what one could imagine for breakfast.
”I'm starvin'! Ye sure 'ave cooked somethin' good te breakfast, love.” William took a piece of bread, and put on some butter on it before he took an egg and put it on his numerous. Julean, however, started off with some warm tea and sipped on it, burning her own tongue. Muttering for herself about the tea she took a piece of bread aswell.
”Are we goin' te do anythin' special teday?” She peered at her parents who shrugged. Seemed nothing special would be going on today, except just keep the farm going then. ”I was thinkin' of seein' Saihna, y'see. Goin' te play 'round a little.”

After the breakfast had Julean ran out to the stable and picked her horse, Tempest. She wasn't sure on why he had gotten that name but she liked it. It suited that chestnut brown stallion. She leaded him out form his box and brushed him a little, preparing him to put on the sadle.
”Ye sure are lookin' good teday Tempest. Wha'da'ya say 'bout visitin' Saihna, hm? I bet she woul' like tha'.” Tempest neighed, seeming to be restless just by standing still and Julean giggled at him. ”Oh yeah big oaf! 'Rite, les' go then!” She leaded him out from the stable and on the farm and mounted up on him.
”Hiyaah!” She called out, shoving her heels in the side of Tempest and they soon came up into gallop. She smiled. It was always nice to ride on Tempest while feeling the wind against your face, just riding along for hours, not thinking of anything. She loved doing that. Best thing with this morning, there was no clouds in the sky, and the sun where shining brightly. It was warm, nice and cozy feeling. She holded the reins tight and pulled them backwards a little, Tempest got the hint from it and slowly went down in his pace untill they were down in a slow walking pace. Now she could have loose reins on him.
”Good boy, ye kno' wha' ye doin' 'least. Les' walk fer a bit an' then rest. Ye will 'ave time te run, we still 'ave many hours left until we're at Stromgarde, my friend. An' who kno'. Saihna might be busy.” Julean leaned forward over Tempest neck and patted his throat. She loved this horse.

At least an hour or two went, they gone up to trotting instead of walking now, a few clouds came by on the sky. ”Dosn't look like it will be any rain teday, Tempest.” She arched her back and stretched her arms. She wasn't that strong, but she gained some strength with working on the farm. And the thought hit her, would she stay there forever? Shrugging at her own question slided she off Tempest in the trotting pace and ran together with him. It wasn't for long but she had fun before she told him to slow down, she were getting exhausted from the running.
”Prooh, yer te fast fer me boy, tha's fer sure.” Could she say to him before she sat down on the grass next to the road, she leaned back, her arms supporting her to hold herself up. ”Maybe I shoul' 'ave taken somethin' te chew on with me.” Tempest neighed and Julean nodded. ”Aye! An' a big carrot fer ya, dear!” They sat there, or Julean sat there, looking up absent while Tempest were grazing on the grass. Julean opened her eyes, she must've falled asleep for a few minutes but she soon heard something call to her. It wasn't her name. And that voice, a man? She sat up slowly, seeing a man, about a head taller than her, chestnut brown hair down to his shoulder. The man had an gentle smile and some tight sitting clothes. She was about to say something but the man put his finger against his lips, making a hushing sound to her and soon kneeled down while leaning over her. He pressed his lips against her and Julean first seemed suprised but closed her eyes, feeling his gentle touch pushing her down and slowly removing her shirt. She wanted to complain but her mind were at another stage. His hands were all over her, and she enjoyed it. She didn't knew who he was or what was going on, until he took a forth a dagger, laying the cold steel against her throat and she swallowed, opening her eyes just to see a wicked grin on his face. Her clothes were ripped off and she screamed so high she could but her voice wasn't there!
With a start she woke up, screaming and laid a hand around her throat. Tempest were standing next to her with his head down, poking her gently. She understood he was worried and she patted him on the forehead.
”Nay te worry boy.. T'was jus' a dream.. nothin' more.” She mumbled, moving his head away so she could stand up. It probably already been two or three hours now, the sun had moved a bit. ”Les' move on te Stromgarde.”
Julean mounted once again up on Tempest and they were up in gallop again.

”William and Katharine Milner?” A woman, in a white robe, seeming in the middle of her twenties peered at both Juleans parents. Next to the woman were a man and a third horse. Katharine expected the worst. That woman with the scroll had a signet of Stormwind. And according to her clothing so was she most likely a priest. But what had the priest for business at the'ir farm?
”I'm Priestess Josetta and I've come here to get your daughter, Julean Milner, and taking in her as a novice priestess for the Brotherhood of Northshire. We hope that you'd understand our intentions. Whenever she's done with her training, will she be sent to Stormwind and continue her training for the Church of Light.” Josetta's voice were soft as honey and she were smiling at them both. They knew that a day like this would come. Julean were old enough as it is to start her training. She only knew a little how to fight, her father used to brawl around with her playfully, of course did he loose on purpose. Katharine's lip were trembling, she shook her head and one could see that she didn't want to leave her daughter over to them. William hold out his hand to her and shook his head, neither of them had any word in this. Julean was to be taken away from them. If they wanted it or not. He embraced Katharine within a hug, holding her tight to him as she cried on his chest. He turned his head to them both.
”I can't say tha' we dun't want te leave our only daughter away te ya... But if tha's 'ow it is.. Then so be it.” Josetta smiled and curtsied for them both, explained that they will take care of their daughter and that she will be named 'Droverson' instead, to avoid any possible trouble.

Julean and Tempest were getting closer to an training, she peered at the man in some heavy looking armor. He looked like an Commander. Probably was he that too aswell. He yelled out something, sounded as a name and walked over to a young man. He looked to be at her age. A year older maybe. ”CAMPBELL!” That man who looked like an commander had walked over to the younger one, dragging him up on his feet and were almost yelling at him. ”Wha'da'ya think yer doin'!? I tol' ya te take 'nother friggin' position but ye didn't listen te me, did ya?!” Julean snickered for herself and shook her head. ”Boys.. Tha' they nevah learn.” It looked like the young man were 'useless' for the Commander, which made him look slightly depressed but that was none of Julean's business so she moved on, hearing the man being ordered to run ten laps around the training ground. And it was huge! The man, however, seemed to still be a bit cocky said it was nothing so was ordered to do twenty instead. And now was it just for them both to find Saihna, and maybe stay here for an hour. Julean bought herself an apple and cut it into two pieces, handing half of it to Tempest who chewed gladly on it as good as he could and Julean giggled, helping him.

Hours passed, they were almost back at the farm again, and Julean had an bad feeling about this. There were three unknown horses infront of their house. She slided off Tempest and patted him on the forehead. ”I will be back in a second, my boy.” She murmured and walked into to the house. The atmosphere wasn't any happy as it was this morning. And at the table were her parents sitting, and her mother looked up, not really saying anything, A woman were sitting infront of them both, with a man standing next to her, as if he were her guard. Josetta looked over her shoulder, flashed a smile to Julean and stood up.
”Good evening, Julean. I'm Priestess Josetta, it's time for you to travel to Northshire abbey, to begin your training as a Priestess.” Julean, who didn't belive any of the words of this stared at her father who looked down at the table and Josetta got Juleans attention again.
”Now tha' explains tha' feckin' feelin' I 'ad this mornin'... Priestess.” Julean snarled, she surely didn't want to leave this farm. But she didn't have any choice. And Josetta explained that to her, which made Julean fall down on her knees, slowly accepting it that she had to go with them.

”We will ride immediately, miss Droverson. It's an long way to Northshire Abbey, and I can ensure you that there is no need for you to pack anything, now please stand up and get your horse.” Julean did as she said and stood up, glaring angry at Josetta. 'Droverson' she thought for herself. She didn't like the name, but was that her new name? Julean walked over to her parents and hugged them both tightly. She also said in Arathorian to them, ”I'm comin' back fer ya! Tha's a promise!
Both William and Katharine gave her a smile, but it was clear they would miss her. They all three walked outside and Julean mounted up on Tempest again.
”Looks like yer an' I are gettin' company, boy. 'S an lon' way te ride now..” Tempest only neighed to answer, and they soon got up in a walking pace, moving away from the farm. Julean were looking depressed, but yelled out, ”I'm comin' back fer ya! THA'S A PROMISE!” She knew that this promise would be hard to hold. But she would do anything to hold it.
Julean
Julean

Character sheet
Name: Nukah Runetotem
Title: Druid of the Wild

Back to top Go down

Julean - Chapter one Empty Re: Julean - Chapter one

Post by Shaelyssa Fri May 21, 2010 9:14 am

I really enjoyed the whole rustic vibe from this chapter Smile. Well done!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down