Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moviemaking, need help - Xavalis

+8
Skarain
Ralegh
Sorayah
Cid
siegmund
Tantzui
Vaell
Xavalis
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Moviemaking, need help - Xavalis Empty Moviemaking, need help - Xavalis

Post by Xavalis Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Greetings rp community of Defias, Xavalis here from Dominion.

I am working on a PvP movie for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I need your help for a specific scene for the intro.

Inran and some paladins from I believe it was stormwind regiment helped me out getting a low level human character to New Hearthglen in Northrend.

I must admit that I have not written any detailed story about my character, what I have in mind and have already filmed so far is based on the music track I got for the intro, and sorta based the scenes around that. Basically, Xavalis was a mage exile and accepted apprentice under the independant archmage Theocritus residing in the tower of Azora. For some yet unknown reason, Xavalis is arrested and taken across the sea to New Hearthglen where he is executed in public. It is the execution scene I need help with.

Now before you actually find me irl and execute me for violation of the lore or aking liberties, I must say that I do not roleplay on a regular basis, and this backstory for my character is not meant to be taken seriously in game or anything in that matter. It is purely to create an interesting intro for my movie, so please treat this as OOC as possible, thank you.

Now for the scene I need a crowd of soldiers and guards to witness the execution, bring your finest mogs people. I know that New Hearthglen is controlled by the scarlet crusade, but we must pretend that the place is owned by Stormwind city. Because my character is low level, I need you guys to pull the mobs neaby away from the execution stage in the middle of New Hearthglen and kill them behind a tree or something.

For the execution itself the idea is for me to kneel while facing the crowd, Bismack walks up, does a /roar or /salute or whatever, and then execute me by sword.

Details:

Executioner = Bismack
Crowd = either simplified transmogs, or soldier/stormwind guard/marshal transmogs

Execution = challenge Bismack to a duel, have a rogue with subterfuge ambush me at the same time Bismack swings the blade and then use vanish before subterfuge ends, my character will then die properly.

Yes, I know that all this can be done with WoW model viewer and some fancy editing, but I have chosen a very simple style of editing, I dont want lots of effects, color correction, screen shakes and all that stuff that gives you a headache, I want a nice, clean and simple movie made more or less for Defias Brotherhood, and that is why I want you guys in it, because we are a community here on this server and it is more fun to spot yourself and friends somewhere in the movie =)

If you guys are willing to help me out with this OOC please let me know so that I can set a time and date for this to go down, thank you!

Shoot = 13th April 21:00 server time - tell me if this doesnt work out, can easily be moved to another time, thank you!

Last edited by Xavalis on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Xavalis

Back to top Go down

Moviemaking, need help - Xavalis Empty Re: Moviemaking, need help - Xavalis

Post by Vaell Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:52 pm

Please just don't put it to metal etc, it sounds so tacky and shit when put to action.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavalis Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:01 am

Vaell wrote:Please just don't put it to metal etc, it sounds so tacky and shit when put to action.

Well, the intro will not contain metal, but there will be metal music in the movie, not only metal ofc but there will definately be metal. Music is as always personal preferences.

Xavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:35 am

Your project sounds really interesting! Too bad i don't got any ally chars... Razz
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:15 am

Sure I can lend a hand, either with holding the mobs or being part of the crowd, shouldn't be too hard to just toss on some random piecies of armor and make one look as a simple peasant!

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:48 am

For the executionpart I suggest a hunter. It would be the best option with its "Feign Death" ability (learned around 35 or so). Make two look-a-like charaters and have the hunter perform the execution scene.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:06 am

I'd suggest using Ra'sha's Sacrificial Dagger for the execution myself. Far simpler than the idea with the rogue, and no need to roll a new hunter char.

I could possibly bring a random human over as part of the crowd also.
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:48 am

Just give me a day and a time and I will set up an event for the regiment to come help you film it.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavalis Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Thing is, when you lose a duel the animation will override feign death.

Ra'sha sacrificial dagger is possible, tho my character is low level and cannot obtain the item without getting summoned to the location and have someone kill the rare. The dagger also has a 30 minute cooldown, and thus leaves no room for error.

A horde rogue using ambush during subterfuge is something that can be repeated and easily coordinated, you can just kill me a couple of times until we get a nice clip.

Il set a time and date as soon as I get a rogue willing to help and hear something from Bismack as I'd like him to do the execution because of his marshal mog and worgen /roar

Xavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:07 pm

I will bring at least one humanoid to take part of the "crowd". Will also do what i can to drag others to make up a good scene.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:16 pm

If you'd like a dark robed mage in the background overlooking the excecution, just to have a suspicious person in the background that loks really dark and gloomy to add to a theme, I'd be more than happy to get to have Eldiros in the background, the Archmage must have witnessed many excecutions in his lifetime.

If that will not suffice, I can hopefully help you with my blazing Shields character, Trebatius. He does not have the best full plate standard gear yet, but I am yet to lvl him, (around 30 currently).

I'll see if I can help, if I am not too preoccupied IRL.
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavalis Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:03 pm

I talked to Sedah and Bismack, they are ready on sunday in the evening, so il just say:

Sunday - between 20:00 - 22:00 whenever people are ready =)

Lets try get everyone ready for 21:00

This scene should not take long to shoot, and if this time does not suit for you guys it can always be moved, np

Xavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavalis Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Eldiros you are welcome to stand around on whatever character you wish, as long as the mog is not completely yolo pink with spades n shit =D

Xavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:30 pm

this sunday then, Elder Fabulous Approves of this Excecution!!
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:40 am

I'll be there, and do what i can to drag more crowd to the place.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:45 am

I'll try to bring one of my humans in some standard boring gear! Love machinima Smile
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavalis Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:47 pm

Thank you so much to everyone that participated, such an awesome and helpful community, il link the fullpvp movie here once its done, thank you!

Xavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:33 am

Vaell wrote:Please just don't put it to metal etc, it sounds so tacky and shit when put to action.
So he should put your preferred genre of music in his video instead then?
I for one love metal in PvP videos especially in the fast paced ones, which Mage pvp is.

Again with the telling people what they should and shouldn't do...
Some of you people man.

Anyway, good luck with your video Xavalis.
I'll try to contact Skarain in-game and hear him out whether you guys needs more people or not.
Cheers, and good luck with your movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:45 am

I'll try to contact Skarain in-game and hear him out whether you guys needs more people or not.
To my knowledge we already got over the filming part, so no further aid will be needed. Thank you for the offer though.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:33 pm

HowlDuskmane wrote:
I for one love metal in PvP videos especially in the fast paced ones, which Mage pvp is.

I think that Vaell was simply giving out advise on how to make your videos stand out from the norm and make them interesting, which I agree with him on. Over the years and all PvP movies I've seen its usually very annoying trance music or very obnoctious metal. Its boring and done.

By using other generes and methods your movie could become more artful and more appealing to watch. I think that the guys in the old Roguecraft movies were great at making their PvP movies stand out by the format they used, which is why its seen as one of the best WoW machinema series/movies.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Helmut wrote:
HowlDuskmane wrote:

I think that Vaell was simply giving out advise on how to make your videos stand out from the norm and make them interesting, which I agree with him on. Over the years and all PvP movies I've seen its usually very annoying trance music or very obnoctious metal. Its boring and done.

By using other generes and methods your movie could become more artful and more appealing to watch. I think that the guys in the old Roguecraft movies were great at making their PvP movies stand out by the format they used, which is why its seen as one of the best WoW machinema series/movies.
^ This.

I'm only speaking from experience of making gaming videos before. Music is important! Adding your standard trance, DnB, Dubstep or Metal just makes it look generic and dull. Find an epic orchestral soundtrack, or something a bit odd and unusual and it'll stand out more.

Imagine Star Wars with dubstep fight scenes. It'd look like a kid has edited it.

And Howl, a forum is here for advice, opinions and discussion.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Vaell wrote:And Howl, a forum is here for advice, opinions and discussion.
And correcting so it would seem.

Both of you have valid points, but if he wants to put metal music in his video why should he not, just because the two of you find it "generic" or whatever.
Also, did you miss the part where I said "I for one love metal in PVP videos" ?
that wasn't something I said just to put a block in the doorway or be a pain in the ass, I legitimately like Metal music, and I believe they fit perfectly under fast paced action pvp videos. So am I to assume you believe I'm the only one that thinks that way?

And Xav already commented that "there will be metal music" in his video, so why not let him.
Again, because the two of you happen to dislike it or find it overdone doesn't mean that's the truth.
And I didn't mean to make it sound like I'm lashing out at you or anyone else for that matter.
I'm just tired of people acting like they know better just for the sake of putting their word out there.

You gave him "advice" I get it, it's your opinion and you are entitled to that.

Skarain wrote:Thank you for the offer though.
No worries. Shame that I was too slow, I would've enjoyed helping with a video project like that.

On a more constructive note.
Xavalis, in case you haven't already considered this, make sure your video contains music free of copyright.
You don't have to, but that way you can share it on Youtube without worrying about having it put down due to copyright infringement.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

^ really just an example, can't personally vouche for it, but yes it's just to make you aware in case you didn't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:16 pm

To be fair, Howl, you actually brought something that wasnt a big deal to the table and made it a big deal.

Vaell: You should not have metal music in it.

Xavalis: Its going to have some metal music in it.

It ended there. Had Vaell wanted to pick on it further, then he would (we all know Vaell) but he respected it from the beginning. You, however, are making it a big deal. Its YOU who are telling us that we won't let him use metal music. Its you who made us want to explain more clearly what we ment. As two who are educated about video and movie making we just elaborated further when you "necroed" that topic back to life.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Helmut wrote:To be fair, Howl, you actually brought something that wasnt a big deal to the table and made it a big deal.
Sure okay.
I'm sorry that my inexperience with movie making is completely useless to you and that automatically renders my argument unimportant, because you would know right?
It's not like I've worked in tv for two years, not all, because you know of course.

If you wanna play like that, then just say it as it is.
I never meant for it to be a pissing contest, I just responded with my input because the way I read it, it seemed as if Vael did in fact NOT respect Xavalis' choice of bringing metal music to his video.

I also said that I realized it's your opinion and that's that, but ok it's my fault, put it on my shoulders if that makes you feel better, Helmut.

Helmut wrote: As two who are educated about video and movie making we just elaborated further when you "necroed" that topic back to life
And no. We don't all know Vael. I don't know him personally so I wouldn't claim that I know of his way of arguing or leading an argument.

Its YOU who are telling us that we won't let him use metal music
I'm not speaking in absolutes, I wouldn't know of your intentions behind your message, that's just what it seemed like to me.
Why would you otherwise share your opinion on how generic you think it is.
That's how I saw it, but you told me otherwise.
As for "necroing" the thread, I didn't realize. I noticed it being one of the top threads and just thought it was a recent one.
What the fuck is your problem anyway?
I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and not look at you as an arrogant shit.
(because some people tend to take things more personal, when they are frustrated which I am right now with your response)

Let me clear something out here, I've noticed that people on these forums tend to talk down to others and generally sound like they know better even in situations where it's purely a matter of opinion and perspective and I've had it with that kind of behavior. I can't do anything about it, but I sure as hell can share my opinion on that sort of behavior.

Last edited by HowlDuskmane on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Writing too fast due to frustration.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:48 pm

In matters of Moviemaking, I do usually know more than others. That's not being arrogant, that's just because it's my most passionate trait.

Putting metal music to fight scenes is like chatting up a girl with a cheesy chat up line.

I didn't respond when he replied to me because I wasn't here to argue a point, simply to ask him not to do the biggest taboo of gaming videos. If he wants to do it, he can! I only replied when you acted like I had shamed his family and lineage.

No need to act like a baby.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next