Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Themes for YOUR Characters or Guild!

4 posters

Go down

Custom Themes for YOUR Characters or Guild! Empty Custom Themes for YOUR Characters or Guild!

Post by Dirge Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Hey everyone! I've seen the threads dedicated to 'Which song is your character's (un)official theme song?". Do you want a song all their own, not just something plucked off YouTube? Well, then. Let me introduce myself.

I'm Raven. I'm the founder of Sonic Dirge Records, professional composer, musician, recording/mix/mastering engineer. I wrote, performed, recorded and processed the soundtrack for TPK Games' d20 adventure The Bleeding Hollow, among other things. I was chatting with some fellow Pathfinder players about soundtracks for d20 games in general, when someone asked me, do you do songs for individual characters? And that got me thinking - it's not only D&D/Pathfinder players who are invested in their character and might like something like that. People like art of their characters but I'll be honest - I can't draw a bloody thing.

What I can do, however, is compose a full song as a theme for your character or guild, record it, mix and master it. Hell, if you want, this can be delivered to you ICly. I have toons on both factions, so that's not a problem.

If you feel my prices are a little steep, here's something to keep in mind: not only do I compose, produce, record, mix and master the track...it's done using resources that cost a large sum of money. For example, the software I use to record alone costs around 600 euro. The e-drums the percussion is done with cost about 1200 euro, the actual drum samples around 300. And that's just scratching the surface of what I use to create this stuff. This sort of thing would cost much, much, much more if you went and hired a studio crew to do this. A day in a studio, not counting composition, performance, mix or master, can run you 250. So please do keep in mind that the prices are pretty decent.

What you get:
- A full length (between 1 and 5 minutes, depending on your specs), professionally recorded, performed, produced, mixed and mastered instrumental theme song for your character based on your specifications.
- Full control over the sound. You want a medieval sounding, cinematic, epic track? Or maybe something more modern, a fast-paced heavy guitar-driven track? Dubstep, even? Whatever you want, I can do.
- Sound effects are fine too - a huge army clashing, or war horns, or demonic spellcasting... anything is possible.
- A constant overview of the process. After every major step, I'll send you a sample to make sure everything goes how you want it.
- Professional quality with a view to your character - as an RPer myself, I understand what you mean when you say you want something to reflect a certain aspect of the character or their story.

What I need:
- Any pertinent details of your character's personality, background story, current endeavors, etc. (Or guild backstory, concept, etc.)
- Details on what you want the music itself to be like. (How fast, any particular style such as celtic or egyptian etc., and so on).
- Preferably a way to contact you out of game, email for example, so that I can give you the progress tracks and such.
- Payment, of course. Via PayPal. The exact amount will depend heavily on what you're asking for - a 1-minute long track consisting of a few violins playing a simple melody or three is much less work than a fully layered string section with piano, a choir, and cinematic percussion that lasts 5 minutes.

Get in touch with me ingame at the BattleTag Dirge#2933 or at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

First Sample: "Tides of Rum" Guild Theme. A pirate-y shanty with some heavier guitar and percussion elements. It's a short one, at 40 seconds. It includes a double-tracked violin melody, piano underscoring, rock-esque drums, a double-tracked distorted guitar rhythm and an FX-laden twang guitar lead. The various elements were intentionally performed slightly off-time at some points to add a sense of realism and avoid a clinical studio sound. To support this "live-style" feel, the mix was left somewhat dense and crowded. Picture the some-what cramped hold of a ship. The music itself is based off the old Irish jig Ten Penny Bit. Composing/production, performing/recording, mixing and mastering are all included in this song. Approximate price for this would be 15 to 20 euro, based mostly on time constraints.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Dirge on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dirge

Back to top Go down

Custom Themes for YOUR Characters or Guild! Empty Re: Custom Themes for YOUR Characters or Guild!

Post by Vaell Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:11 pm

When you upload a sample, could you also give an estimated price to it? Just to get a rough idea of your costs! Cool idea, pal!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Custom Themes for YOUR Characters or Guild! Empty Re: Custom Themes for YOUR Characters or Guild!

Post by Rargnasha Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:27 pm

Looking forwards to hearing those samples, very interesting idea!
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:13 pm

First post has been edited and the first sample uploaded. More will follow!

Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:20 pm

fuck capitalism

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Cerik Ironforge wrote:fuck capitalism

If it wasn't for capitalism, you woudn't even be able to spread your message of 'fuck capitalism' on these forums! Ha.

Brilliant idea. I am actually surprised the prices are so low, when I've started reading the post (while listening to the sample!) I was expecting something in the range of 50e per 1 minute. Best of luck!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:29 pm

Nah, I want to make them affordable. I also do bands' first tracks very cheap or even free if I like it enough. It's something I want to make available to people rather than just trying to make money. Though a four-minute epic track of d00m will be rather more expensive, of course.

Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down