Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of light and shadow.

2 posters

Go down

Of light and shadow. Empty Of light and shadow.

Post by Littlepip Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Shadow and Light.
Our family has always been dealing with the Light, there is no question to this. My father’s father was a priest of the holy light, my father was a paladin of the Silver Hand and it has gone over to me now.
Being a paladin is not only about saving others life, praying to the light and cleansing evil, you have to show others the way to walk, show them that there is a greater path to walk the path of shadow and death. You have to be a role model for the next generation of children in this land, show the people of this world that the light does exist and it will do them nothing but good.
This is something not all the Paladins understand, many have grown arrogant as the Scarlet crusaders and follow nothing but their own goals, thinking it is for the better good of all.. Well, I’m one of those at least.

As I wake up screaming in the camp I grab for my sword and run out of the tent, expecting to see a Death Knight at any moment, behind be a group of Freelancers follow to investigate what is going on, holding onto their knifes the quickly look around for enemy threats only to be meet by the cold morning breeze.
One of the men behind me looks up at me and yells at me. “What was that all about?!”
I don’t answer; I look around the area looking for any signs of the death knight in my dreams.
“Thorvald!” I drop my sword on the ground and fall to my knee, breathing slowly and heavily, my right hand and touch my chest where my heart would be and roll over to the side, my heart is beating harder and faster for every second that counts before it finally stops.
That is the last thing I could remember before I fainted due to a heart attack.

I open my eyes slowly and glance around the room, my eyesight is blurry and there is a sharp light in my eyes so the only thing I notice is that I’m inside a rather large house, its dark and the bright light is coming from the curtains, I feel dizzy again and let my head fall back to the wooden floor before falling asleep once again.

I open my eyes again, this time there is no light in my eyes, its night time outside. I hear a loud creaking noise coming from somewhere around me and I quickly get up onto my feet grabbing after my sword on my back, only to find out it’s gone.
I step around in the cold, empty darkness.
“Where.. Where am I?”
I look down on the floor and almost loose balance, I fall down on my ass before I look around, I’m in nothing but the usual Leather armor I carry around, the read and thick hide could protect me against a tiger bite, but not a blade or arrow.
“Hello!” I yell it out, but to no use, there are no answers coming back.
I push myself up from the ground and glance around in the Dark room noticing the old furniture, it is a large room with four corners, in one of them stands a long table stretching across the room, around the table stands many chairs stabled up on the table, from the looks of things, it hasn’t been used for a long time. As I look around more in the room I notice a fireplace in one of the other corners of the room. I walk towards the fireplace and let my right hand glide over the dusty and cold shelf hanging above it.
“This house hasn’t seen people in a while..” My hand stops as it reaches a frame of some sort, I pick it up and try looking on it to no avail, it’s too dark and dusty to see it.
“Hmm.. This should help.” I whisper low to myself a prayer to the Light, my hands start glowing slightly and I finally get a look on the painting.
“But that’s.. Me?” On the painting there is a drawing of me and my wife hugging each other with our child Martha between our self, everyone smiling at the painter.
“He he, I remember this, we had to stand still for almost an hour for the painter to finish his work.” I smile to myself as I place the photograph down on the shelf again.
As I turn around to continue looking around I see a small, blue glowing light coming from the stairs, at first I’m skeptical about checking it out, but my curiosity gets the better off me and I walk to see what it is. As I get around the corner I manage to get see a pair of feet disappear under the stairs.
“That’s strange.. Wait maybe not. If memory serves right..” I look around for the candle and finally catch a glimpse of it, I pull at it a little weak at first but it doesn’t budge.
“It’s stuck, one more time.” I pull harder this time, a loud sound reaches around the house as I manage to rip the candle light off the wall.
“Ops, wrong candle.”  I look around some more before finding the right one this time, I pull at it weakly and this time the hidden doorway opens up under the stairs.
As I wander down the stairs I notice a distinct lack of dust as if someone has been down here not long ago and cleaned up. I look around keeping an eye out for a trap, but I feel safe here for some reason. I look forwards again towards the blue light walking down the stairs, I have managed to make out that it is definitely a human form, if it is alive or not is the question now. As we walk further and further down I start wondering if we would ever hit the end, I look behind me towards the door and it shock’s me to see that I had never even left the doorway yet, I look around myself seemingly confused over what just happened.
“What in the name of the Light..”
I look down the stairs towards the blue light, and start following it, this time I’m holding an eye on the door.
“Ouf!” I crash into another door, this time it is the basement door, I look at the door and wonder if I actually should be doing this.
On the other side I hear a familiar laughter and I quickly open the door, on the other side stands the blue glowing creature. I wipe away a tear as I recognize the person, it was my daughter Martha, Martha points towards a skeleton in the corner of the room, just the same size as herself, this time I can’t hold back my tears and I run towards Martha and attempt to pick her up to give her a hug, no use. The child just slips through my hands, reminding me that she is a ghost.
“Martha I.. I..”
The child smiles up at me and giggles.
“It’s okay dad, its okay.
I fall to my knees and cover my eyes with my hands, weeping. I hear footsteps coming from Martha as she walks closer to me, placing a hand on my back. It is cold and goes through me, but it is as if I can feel it touch me.
“Martha, I’m so sorry for what happened, if only I had been here!”
Martha moves her hand over my back as I continue to cry.

This is the ending of Part one! Hope you enjoyed it! Very Happy
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Of light and shadow. Empty Re: Of light and shadow.

Post by Littlepip Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:46 am

Shadow and Light.

How long time has it been since I cried? How long since I saw my daughter? I can't answer to that, I slowly recover from the sight of my daughter and sit down to look over my daughter. She has seen better days, her clothes being all ripped up, her stomach is shown under the rags she is wearing.
"Dear light.. Do you feel well?" She smiles at me and nods once. "Yes dad, I feel fine."
"But.. You look so skinny, I can actually see trough you.." I look worried on her while I move my hand trough her once, I regret when I notice my hand feels ice cold. "Dad.." She touches my hands and gives me serious eyes. "I'm fine, no need to worry." I glance over my daughter one last time before getting up on my my feet. I look around the dark room with my hands still glowing of the holy light, I raise my hand over my head and whisper low prayers to myself and the light grows brighter.
"Dad?" I look down on my daughter again. "Yes?"
"Could you.. Could you do me a favor?" I smile to myself and bow down towards her. "Yes sweet heart, anything for you."
She looks up on me with her diamond eyes and smiles. "Let go."
I blink once not understanding the question quite. "Let go of me dad, I'm dead, there is no need to worry about me anymore, stop living in the past and move on."
I look on my daughter, stunned by her words, for a short while I think it trough before nodding once. I look at my daughter as she smiles, small sparkles of light moves flies around her. "Thank you dad, we will meet again one day." I smile at my daughter and nod once while wiping away a tear. "One day." I say to her as she vanishes into the light.
I take a step away from my daughter as she disappears into the light, leaving me in the darkness alone once again. Its silent without her, I wish I hadn't done that for a short while, I turn around to face the stairs. "Hey there." I jump up and look down on the little guy standing on the floor. "Holy mother of light you scared me!" The tiny man has giant ears and yellow glowing eyes, huge horns and cloves to feet. "Your an imp!" The imp gives me an applause and stares and me with a giant grin. "Congratulations! You win absolutely nothing." I raise both my hands towards the imp and shoot out a spear of light, surprisingly enough the imp doesn't move as the spear shoots out towards it.
As the spear of light flies trough the air it slowly decays until it finally ends up as nothing but Darkness. "Sorry bro, no light can touch me in here! I'm in my territory now and you have to follow my house rules!" I stare down surprised at the Imp and sit down, I can see that he doesn't want to do me harm, else he would have done it for a long time ago. "What do you want?"
The imp just laughs at me. "What I want, is your co-operation." I raise an eyebrow and look on the imp. "You want a contract.. With a Paladin?" The imp just stare at me. "Well when you say it that way.. Yes!" Inside me there is someone laughing really hard, mostly because this is the most absurd thing I have seen in my life. "Why in the world would I be willingly signing a contract with an imp?" The imp just grins at me. "I should mention that the only way your getting out of here is trough signing this contract."
Well.. He had me there. "Alright, so how do we do this? A hand shake or blood from a virgin?" The Imp just laughs at me and start rolling on the floor. "Blood from a virgin, that's a good one! .. No just shake my hand and were good." I stretch out my hand with a smile and the imp gets up slowly to shake mine. As he shakes it I can't help but feel a little dizzy and I hear a dark voice in my head. "Welcome to the family  Mr, Silverlight."

End of Part II.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:49 am

*shivers going up and down the spine*

Bravo!cheers 
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:05 am

The rest of the story will from now on continue [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], enjoy. Smile
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down