Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's make a tradesman event!

+4
Charlie Blazesong
Sohan
Skarain
Norrian/Chezz
8 posters

Go down

Let's make a tradesman event!  Empty Let's make a tradesman event!

Post by Norrian/Chezz Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:13 pm

I've always wanted to make and or participate in an RP market. A big one, with competition and an actual economy.

My suggestion is that I get to:

-Gather a lot of merchants in one place
-Make a total currency pool in GHI and distribute it non-equally between merchants. (an enchanter, for example, gets more then a bread maker, something like that. I'll get someone that knows economics and ask him stuff)
-Get twice the amount of it and distribute it among the people buying stuff (nobles get more than citizens)
-Stay there for a couple of days see how it goes
-Copy the entire thing and place it in SW for actual everyday RP.
-Currency persists. Whoever gets broke.... idk, we'll see
-???
-Good RP.

Let me know what you guys think
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

Let's make a tradesman event!  Empty Re: Let's make a tradesman event!

Post by Skarain Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:33 pm

From what i've seen, merchants and trade RP doesn't stick on for very long. It will get dull eventually.

The idea of making trade-events or market days is good, and should be done, but i am unsure how you would do the currency, as not everyone is using addons, and to be honest, they're rather messy and complicated when it comes to coins.

Also about merchant RP in everyday RP? How many shops you've seen remain longer than a month at most? Regardless, i hope the new merchants union guild will manage well.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:55 pm

Hmm.. Merchants union guild... Care to elaborate? <3
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:23 pm

So somewhat like the Underground concept for the Black Market except on the opposite side of the law abiding fence?

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:43 am

Seems like something the Merchant union would take interest in. Hopefully you wont meet Phillip while discussing business as he is rather rude. Charles is alright though Very Happy
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:18 am

You lost me at "GHI".
Inran/Skarain wrote:From what i've seen, merchants and trade RP doesn't stick on for very long. It will get dull eventually.
It could work if you can get people to take their gear, gems, enchantments, and all of that stuff in-character. If the OOC game becomes a bigger part of your play in-character, you can use your real professions for market RP, and things suddenly get a lot more interesting.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:20 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:You lost me at "GHI".
Inran/Skarain wrote:From what i've seen, merchants and trade RP doesn't stick on for very long. It will get dull eventually.
It could work if you can get people to take their gear, gems, enchantments, and all of that stuff in-character. If the OOC game becomes a bigger part of your play in-character, you can use your real professions for market RP, and things suddenly get a lot more interesting.
QFT. GHI is to me interesting but in the end something a bit secluded. In game trading system is good enough and imho could make for great rp. People want/need those gems, enchants and stuff, and sure getting them through rp is a great way not only to make them rp more, but also to break that game/rp boundary which plagues much of the rp.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:42 pm

I would honestly not ever, ever go around buying real in-game items through RP. The currency matchup just isn't there, and rping out gems and enchants... Really?

"This has plus strength on, right?" *Feral turns the gem over consideringly in his hands.* What? How does that work? It'd kill immersion for me.

Market of invisible or GHI items, I've always thought that's awesome. Cathedral Square would be a great place for it; can say portions of the funding goes to charity which could get Lighty guilds involved organizing/overseeing ICly as well as give a large, open space to the RP and bring some roleplay back to that particular area.

If this becomes a thing I'll turn up and sell some home-mixed medic supplies/salves and whatnot.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:46 pm

No no, not actual metagame items for actual metagame gold, Feral.

Just pretending to make give the buyer something and the buyer pretends to give you moneys. I just want the actual pretend money to be something that can actually be counted so we can make people go bancrupt Very Happy
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Norrian/Chezz wrote:No no, not actual metagame items for actual metagame gold, Feral.

Just pretending to make give the buyer something and the buyer pretends to give you moneys. I just want the actual pretend money to be something that can actually be counted so we can make people go bancrupt Very Happy
Yah I'm totally with you here, I understand and agree with your initial suggestion! I'm referring to the last couple posts before mine, sorry for the confusion Smile
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:25 am

Feral / Blackfall wrote:I would honestly not ever, ever go around buying real in-game items through RP.  The currency matchup just isn't there, and rping out gems and enchants...  Really?

"This has plus strength on, right?"  *Feral turns the gem over consideringly in his hands.*  What?  How does that work?  It'd kill immersion for me.
I think you've been trying to immerse yourself into the wrong world. Items with magical properties are positively abundant on Azeroth, you'd be an odd guy for not wearing at least some enchantments on your armor. How else are you going to withstand taking a bloody fireball to the chest? Fight magic with magic.

And who decided gold had to be worth a ton? I'm going with the in-game economy for my "currency scale". Makes a lot more sense to me to know what my gold's worth and what I can actually buy from it, rather then what I can pretend-buy with my pretend-gold.

As for "how it works", use a bit of imagination. Why can't a gem with magical properties make you physically stronger?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:05 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Feral / Blackfall wrote:I would honestly not ever, ever go around buying real in-game items through RP.  The currency matchup just isn't there, and rping out gems and enchants...  Really?

"This has plus strength on, right?"  *Feral turns the gem over consideringly in his hands.*  What?  How does that work?  It'd kill immersion for me.
I think you've been trying to immerse yourself into the wrong world. Items with magical properties are positively abundant on Azeroth, you'd be an odd guy for not wearing at least some enchantments on your armor. How else are you going to withstand taking a bloody fireball to the chest? Fight magic with magic.

[...]

As for "how it works", use a bit of imagination. Why can't a gem with magical properties make you physically stronger?
This.

Obviously, having exact numbers isn't appropriate, but magically enchanted gems that can be socketed into armor to increase the owner's abilities and traits is well within the lore of the universe.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:13 pm

No no, ladies and nerds, we won't even be trading with metagame items. No actual metagame produce will exchange hands.

We'll be trading with made up stuff as we always have.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Norrian/Chezz wrote:metagame items.
Spoiler:
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:40 pm

I give you two pancakes and ten horses for the recipe for those epic waffles.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down