Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Famine Event] Will Pierre make it? Will his robes?

3 posters

Go down

[Famine Event] Will Pierre make it? Will his robes? Empty [Famine Event] Will Pierre make it? Will his robes?

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:19 pm

I found myself struggling to make the famine event "real" for my character. In order to increase the challenge, and force this event to impact my roleplay, I made up a mini event for myself. I'm sharing it, hoping it may inspire others to join the fun. The rules, counters and starting values I use have been choosen instinctively, with what I feel right for my character.

The concept is simple: every day I roll 2 6-sided dice, or use the chart below, to determine what happened to my character. The effect of the roll is described below. The purpose is "to survive", namely to end the event with as many health counters as possible. If Jean-Pierre looses health counters, he's suffering from hunger and weakening. If he looses all of them... ah.. I better make a new main!

The condition (money pool, health pool etc) of my character can be manipulated through RP. For example, I could RP finding a new source of food, or I could RP earning an extra coin. The opposite is also possible. I could be robbed in the city ingame, loosing food or coin that my char needs to survive.

Simple enough... So here's more details.

Food counters
Counters used to buy food. The price depends on the stage of the famine:
Light: 1 counter per meal, 3 per day.
Medium: 2 counters per meal, 3 meals per day, 6 counters a day.
Hard: 3 counters per meal, or 9 per day.

Pierre has an income of 4 meal counters per day, implying 75% of his income goes to food and he can only sustain his expenses in the first stage of the event. He can save only very little in the first stage, and will be draining his reserves when the famine increases. Every cent I spend or loose in-game in RP will also be deducted from Pierre's limited pool of counters.

Faith counter
Being a very religious figure, not strange to rituals of fasting, Pierre can trade one meal by a faith counter. This heavily taxes his willpower to resist hunger. When his faith counters are spent, he will do anything to prevent hunger. Pierre might, in fact, become lost in his madness for hunger.

These can be gained and lost through RP or the chart. Regaining these counters is capped at one per day, per source. Meaning 1 can be regained through RP (prayer, good deeds), and 1 can be regained through the chart.

Health counter
A basic scale of Pierre's condition from 0-10. Under 8, he begins to feel the hunger. At 0, he dies. Failing to consume a meal costs one health counter (mind that one faith counter could be consumed instead).

Regaining these is capped at 1 per day, if 3 meals are consumed on that day.

Robe condition
Pierre's robe condition may suffer from daily use or events that occur. He may be placed before the choice to repair his clothes or food. He has 4 robes available to him:
- His typical white robe. Repairs cost 1 food counter per 10%.
- His pious brown robe. Repairs cost 1 food counter per 10%.
- His ceremonial blue robe. Repairs cost 5 food counters per 10%.
- His ceremonial black robe. Repairs cost 5 food counters per 10%.

Starting values
Food counters: 50 (no max)
Faith counters: 10 (max 15)
Health counters: 10 (max 10)

Dice Chart

I will roll two 6 sided dice to obtain more frequent occuring events and less frequent occuring events. These can also be simulated with the 0-100 roll in the game as follows:

Roll: 00-02, Dice roll:2
Roll: 03-08, Dice roll:3
Roll: 09-16, Dice roll:4
Roll: 17-27, Dice roll:5
Roll: 28-41, Dice roll:6
Roll: 42-58, Dice roll:7
Roll: 59-72, Dice roll:8
Roll: 73-83, Dice roll:9
Roll: 84-91, Dice roll:10
Roll: 92-97, Dice roll:11
Roll: 98-100, Dice roll:12

Roll chart

2. Overpowered fiddling. Roll a dice to determine the degree of damage your robe sustained. (0-100, indicating the percentage)
3. Hit and run! Somebody assaulted you out and took your coins. Loose 5 food counters, a health counter and take 20% robe damage.
4. Oh Oh. Robbed! Somebody robbed my precious coins! Loose 5 food counters and take 10% robe damage.
5. Sorry ol' chap, food's expensive. One meal will cost double the price today, or consume a faith counter to skip this costly meal!
6. You can't help feeling bad for the poor sod in the street, and offer a meal. You must pay this additional meal today.
7. Meditation, prayer and a Heigan dance. Earn one faith counter.
8. Write a new prayer and earn a faith counter.
9. A little bit of this, a little bit of that. You manage to fix a sober meal with remains from the kitchen. One free meal.
10. Get a free 20% repair for one cheap robe! Or 5% on an expensive robe.
11. Allison is kind shares a cheap meal. One meal comes free, and you gain a faith counter.
12. Fortune struck! Some fancy noble paid an extra for your scribe service. You earned 5 additional meal counters today.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

[Famine Event] Will Pierre make it? Will his robes? Empty Re: [Famine Event] Will Pierre make it? Will his robes?

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:20 pm

November 1, rolled 57 (7)
Before RP

After an expensive breakfast, Pierre moves up to his chambers. With a flicker of his Gnome-Incense-Igniter-2000 Mark II Turbo, he fires up the incense and spends a good hour performing his meditation and prayer rituals.

Food counters: 51
Faith counters: 11
Health counters: 10

Robe condition:
- White: 100%
- Brown: 100%
- Blue: 100%
- Black: 100%

November 2, rolled 40 (6)
Before RP

Upon leaving the inn, Pierre sees a hungry child begging for food, right outside the door. Allison tries to shoo the kid away but Pierre is overwhelmed with pity.
"Don't worry child.. I.. I will pay for one meal."
Pierre digs his coin purse as sees his last income of yesterday disappear. With a little luck, he might earn that expense back today.

Faith counters: 11

Robe condition:

November 3, rolled 59 (8.)
Before RP.
Struck by a moment of inspiration, Pierre reaches for his pen, dips it in his home made ink, and adds another brief prayer to his prayerbook.

"May Light forever bless the path of the steady mind,
So these steady people become a beacon for all to find,
And offer faith and confidence in these difficult days,
And lead the people in need to good and virtuous ways."

From RP
Pierre puts down the letter on the table and gives the messenger a curt nod.
"Thank you for delivering this message. "
- "Ahh, yes.. and the service is paid for Sir."
"Why... I... ehm... It is customary that I should... ehm.. reward you with a coin for your effort.."
- "Ahh, truly, there is no need, Sir"
"But I insist.. one moment."
Pierre offers the man a coin for his troubles. Looking at his coin bag, he feels a mild pang of mixed emotions. He might have to become less generous in these times of need.
((Cost: 1 food counter))

Faith counters: 12

Robe condition:

November 4, rolled 70 (8.) - Before RP.

Pierre glances over his latest prayers with a soft smile. Yet there is a nagging feeling in his mind that this blessing feels too populistic and doesn't quite capture warmth of the Light itself. This simple conclusion spurrs another wave of his pen.

Who are we but seekers of well being,
Searching a path, without often seeing,
As if our view were blocked by a wall,
A challenge in our heart, shared by all.
But to joy, peace, well being and more,
The Light illuminates and opens the door.

Food counters: 52
Faith counters: 13

Robe condition:
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

[Famine Event] Will Pierre make it? Will his robes? Empty Re: [Famine Event] Will Pierre make it? Will his robes?

Post by Lexgrad Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Love this JP!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:29 pm

A fun read and a good way to personalise the famine. "What is the famine to you?"
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:04 pm

November 5th

After yesterday's long journey to Nagrand, despite the help of mages, Pierre woke up in the guest room of his new host. Kind and generous meals were prepared, more than he could ask for.
Being away from Stormwind and it's high food prices didn't taint Pierre's appreciation for the meals that were offered. It revitalized his spirit and body, to be freed from the rigid limitations briefly.

However, this does prevent him to work and build on his income.

Robe condition:
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:07 pm

November 6
Before RP

Pierre continued his comfortable stay under the care of his hostess. Not a worry.. barring the journey itself... and the lack of income.

Robe condition:
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down