Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] [In Planning]: The Siege of Orgrimmar (5.4 Spoilers)

+6
Drustai
Grim
Sohan
siegmund
Helmut
Feral / Blackfall
10 posters

Go down

[A] [In Planning]: The Siege of Orgrimmar (5.4 Spoilers) Empty [A] [In Planning]: The Siege of Orgrimmar (5.4 Spoilers)

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:07 pm

The Siege of Orgrimmar

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hello Defias!  As the information in this thread is not yet common knowledge ICly, the IC portion will be written up and added later!  I warn you now, as per thread title, there ARE 5.4 spoilers in this thread, so read no further if you don't wish to see them.

The Siege of Orgrimmar will be a multi-guild event bringing the war back to Kalimdor and, eventually, to Orgrimmar itself, to depose Garrosh Hellscream and--likely unknown to us until it happens--get rid of the Sha influence beneath the city as well.

While still in planning stages, the event's overview is complete.

What it is:

Several Alliance guilds and individuals (military and whoever else wishes to come, it's open for all who want to take part in the final stage of the war) will return to Kalimdor by boat, set up in Kor'kron territory, lay siege to Orgrimmar over the course of a couple of weeks (see When for details), run the Garrosh raid encounter semi-IC, and then head home.

There will likely be several small sieges of Horde areas (RP-PvP/PvP, possibly testing ourselves against Durotar's OOC PvPers en masse should they arrive, until they "break our siege"), several encounters against Kor'kron and other orc groups. There will be some travel RP around the Durotar-Ashenvale-Barrens area, with war camps set up and so on. I'm trying to set it up so that a different guild takes control each night OOCly, to DM events and so on, so that no one group gets overwhelmed or bored--in other words, one night a soldier guild might run a siege, the next the Freelancers might run a scouting event, and so on.  We hope for there to be plenty of activity every night, for everyone.  This will culminate with a semi-IC Flexi-raid (or split LFR runs should we fail) of the latter portions of the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, to give the filler/feeling at the end, followed by packing up and travel home.  

Why it is:

For once, the "big bad" demands player interaction lorewise.  Instead of a small group of heroes, or Ebons/Argents, this time EVERYONE can get involved.  Anyone with a military guild, anyone wanting to take up arms to aid Stormwind, any elves wanting to protect Kalimdor: ICly, we can and should all get in on the big lore action this time. Nobody is going to "kill Garrosh with their bare hands," but we can all aid in the siege itself, participate in the storming of Orgrimmar and the taking back of the city for the Horde rebellion. It's a huge opportunity for large-scale roleplay, and we aim to take it.

When:

The consensus among the guilds involved so far is that it a. shouldn't be rushed, and b. shouldn't be drawn out.  Likely we will wait until later in the patch, at least until Garrosh is released in LFR so that we can use LFR as backup should our Flexi-raid fail.  We don't want to jump the gun and end the patch's content IC too soon.  And while the Barrens campaign was massive fun, most of us don't want this one to run on quite as long so soon afterward, either.  So: When? Some time in 5.4  How long? Likely a couple of weeks.

Where:

Durotar and the surrounding areas: likely there will be RP in the Barrens, Ashenvale and Azshara, as well as a small amount of ship/fleet RP on the way in.  The final portion will take place inside of the raid instance itself.

Who:

So far, we've got interest from the following guilds/groups (with "spokesperson" player name in parentheses):
* Stormwind Regiment (Iriel, Ralegh)
* Wild Tempest (Inran)
* Freelancers (Siegmund)
* The Three Hammers (Gilran)
* Autobutt Copper (she's her own guild, don't question it)
* Helmut (don't question this either, gnomes are all solo)
* The Black Hand (Me; no we're not going to be marching into the camp as a group and asking for tea, but we will be around, and so are listed)
* The Disciples of Light (Rae Wulfgnar)
* The Fighter's League (Erik Farblade)
* Blades for Hire (Sohan)

If you have an Alliance guild that wishes to join the forces, please have an officer of the guild post here.  If you have a Horde guild that wishes to participate as friend OR foe, feel free to post also!  We will need more Kor'kron to battle, and we will be on the same side as the rebels, leaving open opportunity for lots of interesting RP.

What we still need:

* More guilds and people!  Sign up on this thread as individuals, or if you're an officer in a guild and would like to see them take part, shout.
* Willing DMs capable of handling largish groups.  We've plenty of ideas, but would like to split them among DMs and guilds so that there's no lull in activity nor too much pressure on any one group.  Of course, if you have an idea of your own, bring it!
* Suggestions!  This is still in planning stages, with no set date, so feel free to throw suggestions here.

(Note: for the old discussion thread, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Feral / Blackfall on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

[A] [In Planning]: The Siege of Orgrimmar (5.4 Spoilers) Empty Re: [A] [In Planning]: The Siege of Orgrimmar (5.4 Spoilers)

Post by Helmut Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Helmut Spoon is up for it! And you will, of course, need the Spymaster to take down Garrosh! Hes not in a guild but appart of the Stormwind/Alliance Army.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] [In Planning]: The Siege of Orgrimmar (5.4 Spoilers) Empty Re: [A] [In Planning]: The Siege of Orgrimmar (5.4 Spoilers)

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:10 pm

I have a brief suggestion to compliment this event in a different way.

This is a nice idea that has an IC spin on it, but after all we're on an RP-PvP realm. I do wonder whether the same guilds would display any interest in a semi-IC wPvP event, a battle against Garrosh's loyalist forces just outside Orgrimmar or another location that is not phased and can be used for a staging ground.

Feral, if you could, and if you would, take the time to contact the individuals you have noted down in your list to inquire about this, then I'd be happy to also flesh out my contacts and try to set something up.

Defias Brotherhood EU is after all known for it's RP-wPvP, perhaps this battle with a small story line could only compliment the further incursion into Orgrimmar that you have put time into planning?

Of course if you / other individuals are not interested then I will not press the issue, I felt it was worth asking about.

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:17 pm

I'd not see why not.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Yo!  It's certainly a welcome suggestion, and we do plan to include W-PvP events as per the post. As Sieg says I don't see why not but let me check with 'em to be sure. I'll contact them now, replies may take a bit of time to come.

I know that Drustai's Barrens campaign interacted extensively with Horde, though I'm unsure what guilds were involved.  We have a sort of council of the officers of each of the guilds who are leading, so once I've replies from them I'll get back to you!

Helmut, I shall add you. As your own guild too of course. ;D
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:28 pm

I will see if I can get any Blades in on this - if not, you would still have the cocky teenager Lieutenant Sohan!
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:38 pm

Right, Sohan, let me know and if they're in I'll add ya.

Vangrel they're fine with the idea, so feel free to hit up your contacts. Bear in mind this won't happen for awhile yet, and we are not yet setting dates either, it'll be mid-5.4! Should be fun, though Very Happy
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:42 pm

What if we arranged some sort of "War Council" to plan and move this ICly? Hopefully before the patch?
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:40 pm

I imagine any War Council'd be after the patch--i.e. when we ICly discover what Garrosh has done to the Vale, and the likely threat in Kalimdor? (Just a thought!)
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:50 pm

The Blood Wolf Clan interacted with Drustai and her foul Alliance minions a fair bit in the Barrens.

While we're anti-Hellscream we will definately fight against the Alliance appearing in Horde territory.
As such, we'll probably be game for some cross faction RP.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:31 pm

I'm hoping for it to be more realm-open and leaning towards OOC, like the Tol Barad event that I sloppily put together last time.

However, you are free and welcome to make and create RP before and after it, as the Alliance did both times, as far as I know mostly in thanks to Samian and Bismack.

As every single guild (without exception) has thrown their lot in with the rebellion, I doubt they will be contributing anything but once off alts, therefore I'll be calling upon contacts within OOC parts of the community Horde-side.

Though judging by my battle-tag list a lot has changed over summer and many have quit, a considerable amount have quit to be honest, so the time for preparation is well needed and appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:46 pm

That'd be cool too, Grim, yes! Smile

If you've coordinated directly with Drustai in the past you could chat with her, though I'm unsure if she wants to tack on extra responsibilities here. I know Ralegh's offering to coordinate too so, your choice on how to tackle it!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:54 pm

Very good.

I have let a few letters loose to some contacts and we shall see in the coming days who is up for what. I've read that 5.4 is scheduled for September and not any time soon, therefore we have plenty of time to plan.

Grim: We will definitely fight against the Alliance appearing in Horde territory.
This also has an interesting potential, though I am currently seeing the Horde to have more OOC PvPer's with the PvP having an IC story line behind it, seeing as mentioned before - the entire Horde RP player base has joined the rebellion.

Naturally I am sure that inter-guild PvP can continue to flourish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:20 am

I very much intend to take a leading role IC again, Feral, since that's kind of my job. Razz

Just currently very busy and so unable to get in game for significant periods of time. Otherwise I would have been doing more building up for this already! Got a few more propaganda posters to put up.

Just, I see no need to rush it all with big OOC organization threads. Let this shit develop naturally, yo.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:17 am

I can't be bothered with big OOC contingents.

The Blood Wolves will likely form something of a third faction and fight all comers.
Drustai, next time I see you online I'll send you a whisper and if you're free we can have a brief chat?
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:26 am

Just dropping a message before Im away for a while (Will likely re-appear Sunday/Monday) The Northern Rebellion will likely be attacking Orgrimmar from the North.
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:36 am

That's great to hear, Drustai--I did mean OOC though, not IC, as I didn't want to just volunteer you to be a go-between without knowing if you wanted to Razz
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:52 pm

OOC I'm definitely willing, aye. Just all of this hit at the worst time for me!

Drustai, next time I see you online I'll send you a whisper and if you're free we can have a brief chat?
Yup. You can PM me as well!
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm sure I'll be able to get one or two from The Fighters League to join in the assault! It's time to make our faces known within a huge assault on Orgrimmar itself! I'm not well geared at all... But I'm level 90 and have a few bits and pieces... So let's bloody-well DO THIS!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet
Name: Janard Karn
Title: Ex-Bloodsail Corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:52 pm

PVP?! Sign us up!
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:19 am

Awesome, noted! Even if Drustai decides to take the reins on this, adding to the list now is grand Smile
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Unless you plan yourself to take care of the OOC side of organizing Feral, i enlist myself to take care of the OOC Organizing: in terms of ensuring that OOC communication happen between the various groups, get the required Dungeon Masters and their rotation and ensure we have a regularly updated map that reflects group movements and listing up the "changes" as the Campaign progress.

Spoiler:
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Add the Blades for Hire to that list, yo!
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Inran/Skarain wrote:Unless you plan yourself to take care of the OOC side of organizing Feral, i enlist myself to take care of the OOC Organizing: in terms of ensuring that OOC communication happen between the various groups, get the required Dungeon Masters and their rotation and ensure we have a regularly updated map that reflects group movements and listing up the "changes" as the Campaign progress.

Spoiler:
Aye feel free Skarain. If you want to make a new post or something, or see if the mods can let you edit the first one, have at it. Long as it gets done and is fun I don't at all mind handing over reins!

Adding you now, Blades for Helrogsohan!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down