Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind - Guard to Citizen ratio

+25
Zinkle Figgins
Ixirar
Samian/Bismack
Amaryl
Rashka
Iriel Silversong
Beladon
Thelos
Allonia_Miral
Sohan
Ralegh
Fyffe
Seranita
Vaell
siegmund
Nifty
Falrock Thilliath
Bradley
Raenmar
Vardrek/Burgen
Crothu
Drustai
Valestrion
Rae Wulfgnar
Tahlrana
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stormwind - Guard to Citizen ratio - Page 2 Empty Re: Stormwind - Guard to Citizen ratio

Post by Tahlrana Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Falrock. I find actually you to be rather impolite for bringing up a situation that happened in the past, and still feel justified in what I had said. It's quite funny how you didn't mention what you said to me before I insulted you.

As for your guild. I am not talking about you coming back to shady hot spots or anything of that sorts. I will give an example of some clear meta-gaming in your guild since you don't seem to understand.

Someone asked my char the other day if I had seen a person [Char name] and that they were a priest. I know this person OOCly and their char is not named what was mentioned IC and is also not a priest.

EDIT: Also want to stress again that I meant not to insult the Disciples. I simply picked them out because I feel they don't need the rights to be a thriving guild whereas the other two are revolved around it. I like the RP between myself and them, there's not much else to say on it.
Tahlrana
Tahlrana

Back to top Go down

Stormwind - Guard to Citizen ratio - Page 2 Empty Re: Stormwind - Guard to Citizen ratio

Post by Drustai Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Vaell wrote:What I think is an issue:
I've not been around for the last couple of months or so but here's my opinion. I do think that the three guard guilds do not take advantage of the fact that they have rivals. There should be more arguments between the guilds, maybe a judge from each guild for trials. I still think that if the Regiment controlled the east side of Stormwind and the Shields controlled the west (or north and south), it'd allow for some really fun and interesting rp e.g. a body floats down the canal and ends up in Eastern Stormwind but the Regiment argue that it's the Shields problem as he was clearly killed in the West.

What I've experienced is OOC rivalry between the guilds and it's dull as fuck. I will admit, you guys may have changed now, but the Blazing Shields ignored people IC/OOC from the Regiment when they first came back. I hope that much has changed as that was poor role-play.
Hahaha. No rivalry between them? Yeah right. Areyah has to deal with Regiment-Shield bullshit all the time. <.<

There are plenty of arguments between them. And there are judges from each.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:15 pm

ICly, The Disciples dislike the Regiment and its caused the Disciples and Shields to become close. This has all developed IC. OOC, there are a lot of people in the Regiment I like.

As for Metagaming, we guard guilds do get new roleplayers in our guilds. It doesn't hurt to communicate with the person and the officer of the guild to help each other. Smile Help each other more!
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tahlrana Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Rae Wulfgnar wrote:
As for Metagaming, we guard guilds do get new roleplayers in our guilds. It doesn't hurt to communicate with the person and the officer of the guild to help each other. Smile Help each other more!
I had an issue with this. I do agree but when given the reasoning for something it made sense for a minute before I thought it through and then I thought "Well, that can't be true because I saw them bla bla.." Etc.
Tahlrana
Tahlrana

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:39 pm

after reading all the posts I come to this conclusion.. disciples as oldest of three guilds (i judge this as shields had a year of non existence) technically means that were probably one of the most trustworthy guards ic and thus from an ic stand point would not have there rights revoked.. Before I even made monny and I rp'ed chareshia back in the deiodunne shield days there was an incredible number of guards.. far more than now and far less criminals.. yet them criminals were very good.. kept the guards on there toes and even managed to mug and kill the guards on a regular basis... without geting caught.. I would say if you see an increace in guard activity then its your turn to up your game.. be more sly in your criminal activities..

Subtlety is everything for a criminal!!

But to ask for a guard group to loose there rights for ooc purposes only relay is poor role play and heavy meta gaming.. the high number of guards has resulted in the very in your face criminal attitude that there has been a lot of lately.. you need to respond in kind IC
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyffe Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:42 pm

I agree that the ratio comes and goes. I remember when The Regiment would be lucky to have more than five or six people online (never mind "on duty ICly") and this was when there were loads of citizen’s milling about the Pig&WhHistle and other places; to the point it was worth taking a patrol route of every district as you could be sure to pass by "public" characters all over town

Raenmar wrote:I never really understood why all of Stormwind's military were confined to nothing more than guard duties in Stormwind.
1. Cause few "non-adventuring" ordinary folk would find a good excuse to journey to the front line every evening to entertain our troops Crying or Very sad
2. You know that most of the SW Guilds and Regiments have just returned from a campaign in The Barrens, right? We try to get out and about every so often Wink

ICly all the Military NPC’s count as well. Actually next time you see one, salute them. They'll respond

siegmund wrote:There are a large number of pirates right now
^^
siegmund wrote:One thing is the Shady lady is like a crime magnet and once i remember there was some ic rule to not do any crime at it... Didn't seem to work out great now did it? Just saying as an example
There was a brief period when Regiment Guards were ordered to not enter that district alone without at least two other men with them, given the excessive rise in muggings and guard assaults.

Vaell wrote:I've not been around for the last couple of months or so but here's my opinion. I do think that the three guard guilds do not take advantage of the fact that they have rivals.
Remember we had that with The Blades back when they had Guard Rights? Good times =D

Rae Wulfgnar wrote:ICly, The Disciples dislike the Regiment and its caused the Disciples and Shields to become close.
Orly? How come?
Fyffe
Fyffe

Character sheet
Name: "Fyffe the Confounder!!!"
Title: Lorescribe and Illusionist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Some members of the disciples dislike us atleast since me and Wulfgnar have our matcho staring/insulting contest going on.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Monrena herself actualy rarther likes the regement exept for bronze.. she has no idea of this tension
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyffe Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:49 pm

Aye. Step up your game.

Perhaps orchestrate with others to commit multiple crimes across the city simultaneously?

Hire someone to distract the guardsmen!

Vandalise property!

Egg our Command Centres!

Zerg rush and gank any foolish guard who thinks they can strut about in uniform alone!

A good shaking is good. We’ve just come back from the warfront, so don’t go easy on us Wink
Fyffe
Fyffe

Character sheet
Name: "Fyffe the Confounder!!!"
Title: Lorescribe and Illusionist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 pm

Gonna put in my personal opinions now.

First of all, I will NEVER remove a guild's guard rights based on OOC arguments, unless the guild in question has done something wrong repeatedly despite warnings.

Tahlrana wrote:But lately every time I try there is a patrol of guard on their way or the person yells, as they would, but it is so close the Cathedral, as every where is, that Disciples come running.
Don't commit crimes in areas where the guards patrol. Learn their routes IC and avoid them. It's not hard.

Tahlrana wrote:Guards are a good thing but imo there are just too many.
I remember a time when there were no guards around what so ever. The criminal RP faded away because of this. And with the recent criminal waves, it's only logical that the city assigns more guards.

Falrock Thilliath wrote:"I prefer to be arrested by Regiment since Shields will often gag you and there is -much- less RP in the shield's cells"

Firstly, we only gag people if they continue to talk and harass guards. We always give warnings first, so it's up to you if you wear a gag. Most of the time, we'll just give you a slap for it.

" meta gaming problems, I am sorry to say, have come from the Shields."

We always discourage meta-gaming, we only act and question people on what we've heard ICly. Often more than once alot of people have walked scott free, even if they are actually guilty and we know they are. Bradley is a prime example of that. Our characters often search the crime hot spots though and will be more suspicious of past criminals and shady characters. This is not meta-gaming, and i find it silly that the Cartel have moved back into the Shady Lady area.
This.

Vaell wrote:What I've experienced is OOC rivalry between the guilds and it's dull as fuck. I will admit, you guys may have changed now, but the Blazing Shields ignored people IC/OOC from the Regiment when they first came back.
We got alot of shit from the Regiment's direction OOC when we came back. It was really sad to see and it's the main reason we started ignoring people.

Drustai wrote:
Vaell wrote:What I think is an issue:
I've not been around for the last couple of months or so but here's my opinion. I do think that the three guard guilds do not take advantage of the fact that they have rivals. There should be more arguments between the guilds, maybe a judge from each guild for trials. I still think that if the Regiment controlled the east side of Stormwind and the Shields controlled the west (or north and south), it'd allow for some really fun and interesting rp e.g. a body floats down the canal and ends up in Eastern Stormwind but the Regiment argue that it's the Shields problem as he was clearly killed in the West.

What I've experienced is OOC rivalry between the guilds and it's dull as fuck. I will admit, you guys may have changed now, but the Blazing Shields ignored people IC/OOC from the Regiment when they first came back. I hope that much has changed as that was poor role-play.
Hahaha. No rivalry between them? Yeah right. Areyah has to deal with Regiment-Shield bullshit all the time. <.<

There are plenty of arguments between them. And there are judges from each.
Pretty much.

Rae Wulfgnar wrote:ICly, The Disciples dislike the Regiment and its caused the Disciples and Shields to become close. This has all developed IC. OOC, there are a lot of people in the Regiment I like.
I, too, have nothing against the Regiment. There are many in there I like OOC.

The problem is not the guard-criminal ratio. It's that you guys don't put enough effort into your crimes to get away with them. You commit crimes in places were guards are regularly patrolling, as I said earlier try to find the spots that they don't patrol.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tahlrana Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:58 pm

This is where meta comes back into the situation. There have been a few times I can call out on where people are masked, disguised, etc... Or a guard was even somehow spying on a person who was inside a building by being on the roof. When the guard misread the person shooting a crossbow, they jumped down, ran in, and went all out on the weapons of mass destruction.

Sometimes we're terribly stupid with crimes, sometimes it's just unfortunate timing, but more often than it should be things like this happen where we have been very careful and are still called up on it.

As for being gagged in the cells, I've seen people been gagged for conversing with other cell mates. I'm not the only one to have called up on this.
Tahlrana
Tahlrana

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:02 pm

there is one simple situation with meta gaming.. for example someone on the roof listning in... make it clear to them that you will ignore them for the juration of the rp and explain to them why.,, nobody can hear threw the roof.. if they were hiding round a corner is a diferent story.. but they need to emote there pressence thow hidden.. .. anyone who suddenly jumps out at me from I shall say a meta gaming position.. I ignore for a short time.. if they dont like it then I tell them why.. they soon learn quick enough

and to add.. those that meta game (hiding on roof's without the acompanying emotes to say there listning in) are usualy new to rp.. guide them!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Really this thread needs to be locked or deleted it's not going to resolve anything and has just been blatantly naming and shaming....
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:04 pm

I guess the meta-gaming part is a case of not judging a whole guild over a few bad apples.

Then again I tend to ic hang out in the part of town that almost never sees any of all this happen, so I'm not really into what goes on.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Tahlrana Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:09 pm

The intention of the thread was not to name and shame. Naming has happened, but only of a guild. I'm not picking out specific players. However, on the conversation of it being new players I am not sure if one is new but I know one who is -always- called up for meta is not new at all.
Tahlrana
Tahlrana

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:11 pm

As for there not being enough 'normal citizens' - this is to be expected, since playing a normal average Joe Schmoe in a magic-filled fantasy universe will not seem like an attractive role-playing motif for many, myself included.

I know there's schools of thought who think that players should be as close to NPCs as possbile, but I've always been of the opinion that they should be as close to the PCs as possible, as in, the actual heroes that they are while playing the rest of the game.

As for an actual criminal-to-guards ratio, this seems to me to be something that typicall comes in waves. Sometimes you'll have more guards, then you'll get more criminals, and it rolls around like the tides. That's perfectly normal. Each situations offer their own unique sets of opportunities and challenges to overcome.

Though frankly I shouldn't even be posting in this thread, since I don't particularily enjoy cops&robbers RP. I prefer adventureous and/or military role-play out in the field.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:12 pm

if this is the case then whisper the guild leader of the meta gamer in question.. I suspect you named disciples as this meta gamer is a disciple? ./w Beladon regarding the matter if it is.. asking for a whole guild to loose there guard rights for one member is to be honest.. childish at best.. there are ways of dealing with the situation without resorting to this thread.
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tahlrana Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:14 pm

No, not a Disciple at all. And I had contacted someone before on a matter but the reasoning given only made sense for five minutes before I realised one side of the story didn't match.
Tahlrana
Tahlrana

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:17 pm

then obviously oits something that wont get solved.. discussing it here wont help eather.. im gona leave this thread now as everything that needs to be said has been.. night
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Tahl obviously pointed out DoL because they are the least guardish guild of the three. And thanks, Falrock!
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Communication is key.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:27 pm

I dont really think any more comments are needed on this thread, if your in Dol and read this, stop fueling the fire. Can a moderator lock this thread please.

And Monrena, she did not accuse the Disciples of Meta-gaming, I think you read the post too fast.
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:38 pm

Sohan wrote:Communication is key.
Thank goodness!

Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:09 am

Sometimes I wonder why threads turns out like this.
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:20 am

Jasmine wrote:Sometimes I wonder why threads turns out like this.

It's better I leave this

''No comment''
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next