Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defias Radio - Donations wanted!

+25
Ixirar
Shariah
Exigua
Norrian/Chezz
Arkil
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Rae Wulfgnar
Paia/Jenit
Shaelyssa
Coppersocket
Chase - Esou
Raene
Gilran
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Allonia_Miral
Helmut
Kittrina
Thelos
Darilas
Amaryl
Sohan
Littlepip
Vaell
Charlie Blazesong
Raenmar
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Defias Radio - Donations wanted! - Page 2 Empty Re: Defias Radio - Donations wanted!

Post by Vaell Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:04 pm

- What is new in the world of RP, events etc.
- Upcoming patch notes.
- PvP and classes
- Character breakdowns
- Meet the player

Stuff like that more than using your voice to RP out an event. I would cringe if I heard that; everyone can create a character behind a wall of text but the large majority here will not be able to voice act.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Defias Radio - Donations wanted! - Page 2 Empty Re: Defias Radio - Donations wanted!

Post by Darilas Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:14 pm

I will try and make some "action reports".  For this I will need people willing to act out their characters in a skype session. I found a program to record my skype calls with. When I have some good voice acting, I will edit the files and play some wow music and sounds under it to make it sound better.
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Sohan wrote:
Raenmar wrote:- In-character voice acted reports during major RP events, with sound effects!

This. A narrator in the big-scale events.

Will be interesting to hear the males who play female characters and vice versa.
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:16 am

The thing that concerns me with non-RP content is this: would RPers stop listening through non-RP related content? Because if that is the case, then it'd be best to have a separate show for non-RP stuff. 

If RPers would be a little interested in it, or at least would listen through it, it'd make it a much better option to include that stuff in other shows.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:34 am

In response to your post on the realm forum

Raenmar wrote:We almost have enough hosts, although a PvPer would be good.

I could do that, but I'm unsure what there would be to speak about. Upcoming buffs/nerfs? People reaching high ratings? Upcoming tournaments? RBG teams that are recruiting?
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:45 am

Gor'Thrak Frosthowl wrote:In response to your post on the realm forum

Raenmar wrote:We almost have enough hosts, although a PvPer would be good.

I could do that, but I'm unsure what there would be to speak about. Upcoming buffs/nerfs? People reaching high ratings? Upcoming tournaments? RBG teams that are recruiting?
You could also mention good websites for tips and tricks regarding PvP. Guides, etc.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkil Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:13 am

Joined this conversation a little late. But I'd love this idea. I used to host two weekly radio shows online a few years back, and ended up managing the station; but I'm sadly not  in the same position anymore to be able to dedicate that much time to something on a schedule. But if I can be of any help at all, then let me know. I also know some good voice actors. Smile
Arkil
Arkil

Character sheet
Name: Arkil Stormfeather
Title: Keeper

http://www.alexandashley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:16 pm

You could also mention good websites for tips and tricks regarding PvP. Guides, etc.

Yeah, this + all the stuff you mentioned. Anything you think is interesting as a PvPer. You could also do interviews with PvPers or guilds.

I'm sadly not  in the same position anymore to be able to dedicate that much time to something on a schedule. But if I can be of any help at all, then let me know. I also know some good voice actors.

Alright, well maybe you could do a special report or be a guest at some point. It'd be good to get some voice actors! We don't need any yet, but I or Darilas can let you know when we do.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:28 pm

I could start recording any day really, whenever there is a (Horde) RP event I am part of so I know what's going on.
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Oshit this is so awesome!!! Please please please make it work!!!
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Right. I managed to compose myself.
You could make a certain night of the week all games night - you can cover releases and upcoming gaming events. I can actually write.. uhm... scripts for you.
I also know some youtube personalities that make music and would allow us to play them. There are some russian progressive metal and progressive trance bands and a RNB/Metal guy.

Unfortunately tho I'm not all that interesting to listen to and my fake british accent would put a lot of people off Very Happy I am willing and wanting to be a guest in some of your shows tho Smile.

Lemme know if you need any help with anything.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:20 pm

Welcome back, Norrian.

Just got back myself, got my PC sort of fixed. We're probably ready to start this (although with only 4 hosts), but I'm not gonna be able to pay for server costs. It'll be around £10-£15 a month, and since we're not starting with music licensing I guess it won't be too hard to get that money from donations. So if anyone wants to make that first donation, let me know. Once we get that we'll just need to sort a few things out then we can start.

Norrian, I really like the idea of a night for all games. We'll probably do something like that, just need to discuss it with the others.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Exigua Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Wouldn't kickstarter be a good way to manage the donations? I'm not sure exactly how it works, but to my knowledge none have access to the money before the project goes through, and if it doesn't, then the money are refunded to the ones who donated.

For PvP topics, how about the current meta and how you think it would develop (pve trinkets/gear, new combos, stuff like that), fun/odd experiences you've had in PvP and perhaps something like "PvP battle of the week" - your best/most memorable PvP experience
Exigua
Exigua

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:47 pm

This does indeed sound very very interesting. Vouching for you to get this going! *waves pom-poms* Do tell if you need any help, shall lend you the favours I can!
Shariah
Shariah

Character sheet
Name: Shariah A. Longhill
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:13 am

For PVP host, try looking up WildeHilde and checking out his podcasts.

It's high level stuff, but it'll give you an idea.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Pah, There is a lot of people who say Wow isn't a community. To them I say nothing but "Screw you!" and show them my nice ring on the middle finger.

Now as for the topic at hand, I would gladly be a host personally but since I'm not that much into roleplaying here anymore then I don't think I can qualify to this task. I might donate later when I have a steadier economy.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Not sure how I've missed this! I'd be happy to make a donation and even happier to get involved somehow!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:23 pm

I think Raenmar was about to quit playing, but correct me if i am wrong.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Not yet. I'm probably going to quit a month or so after the radio is started up, once it's running smoothly and I can hand it over to someone else. Or if need be I'll keep running it after I quit WoW.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:34 am

Just wanted to leave a small update here to show things are moving along slowly but surely.

Also, maybe ask certain people if you can play some WoW-fan music inbetween segments? Like Spacebar Clown and the Exodar one... :3

Just got permission from TheGreyfoo to play his stuff, and Jonas Backe, and I've sent out a few more emails.

If anyone wants to donate now, you can send it to my PayPal: Jordan.lees1@googlemail.com

Donations will pay monthly server fees and webhosting fees. I'll say now though that I can't guarantee when we'll be ready to start the radio, so if you donate now you might be waiting a while for it to pay off, but it will happen.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:23 am

Woot, Greyfoo music?! Awesomeness ensured!queen 
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Will check my account and toss some coin around weekend, when i am back home and not on the deck of a warship with a crappy network stick barely get wow running.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:49 pm

Thanks Skarain!

Also got permission to use Oxhorn's music.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:59 am

Haven't read everything yet, when will this be up and how will we listen to it?
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Don't know when. You'll be able to listen through a website, probably with a choice of using Windows Media Player or VLC Player to stream.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next