Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why don't you RP the opposite faction?

+31
Ralegh
Norrian/Chezz
Exigua
Tahlrana
Allonia_Miral
Feral / Blackfall
Arabella Greene
Salketh
Tuomas/Decurius
Gogol
Xen-tau
Ledgic
erwtenpeller
Vaell
Thelos
Cid
The Z
Drustai
Anivitas
Skarain
Littlepip
oricol
Lexgrad
Sorayah
Kristeas Sunbinder
Sohan
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Coppernut
Amaryl
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Carandor
35 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why don't you RP the opposite faction? Empty Why don't you RP the opposite faction?

Post by Carandor Wed May 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Right, so, I've always been more of an Alliance-oriented Roleplayer. The vast majority of my characters in-game are Alliance races, and I've always felt a bit more comfortable roleplaying them. Also, pretty much all my friends on the server are Alliance. I've had Horde characters on Defias before, but they've all ended up being deleted. For me, it felt like having to start over again, having to make new connections - something I already have enough difficulty with.

That said, recently I've been started picking up roleplaying Horde again, on my Troll and Pandaren, to correspond with the new patch and I have to say I've been having an absolute blast!

So I was thinking the other day, as my Troll was performing a ritual for a blessing from the Loa at Zoram'gar Outpost... To those out there who Roleplay only Alliance or only Horde, what is it about the other faction that puts you off? Are all your friends on one faction? Do you just not like the other races as much as you like your own factions'? Does it just not appeal to you? Or do you find yourself with an in-grained loyalty to your current faction? (something I have sometimes found myself wrestling with, having been alliance before you could go cross-faction on PvP servers!)

Last edited by Eodain on Wed May 29, 2013 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adjusted final sentence, syntax error, oops!)
Carandor
Carandor

Character sheet
Name: Carandor Northstar
Title: Kaldorei Marine, and student of the Way

Back to top Go down

Why don't you RP the opposite faction? Empty Re: Why don't you RP the opposite faction?

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed May 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Personally it was always just a matter of being comfortable. When I came to Defias I started with Alliance. Eventually I knew everyone and every guild and I felt comfortable there. I had no reason to go Horde side, but the reason I never did was due to the faction being completely unknown to me. I didn't know anyone there, or any/many guilds or where people roleplay.

Humans are the easiest to roleplay, you don't have to know -any- lore to roleplay them. I think that's another reason why people don't go Horde.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Why don't you RP the opposite faction? Empty Re: Why don't you RP the opposite faction?

Post by Amaryl Wed May 29, 2013 4:06 pm

I wanted to be a kick-ass paladin. looking awesome, taking names. (only to spend 4 hours chaining: blessing of Strength/wisdom)

And I simply am unable to level past lvl 40. since there's something to be said for grinding through new content. but doing the same thing against isn't my cup of tea.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppernut Wed May 29, 2013 4:17 pm

i've played horde before, but end up deleting the toon and going back to my allience charcters
for me the big problem is that allience3 side i have alot of friends, i know what each guild is about. and know where to go and who to talk to fill what ever need i need in rp.
going horde i feel like an outsider due to that lack of comfort zone i've gotten use to
Coppernut
Coppernut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Wed May 29, 2013 4:22 pm

I play on both factions actively.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Wed May 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Aldric Essalus Helmfrid wrote:Humans are the easiest to roleplay, you don't have to know -any- lore to roleplay them. I think that's another reason why people don't go Horde.
This, really. I don't have the motivation nor time to learn the Horde races lore, or any lore except Human for that matter.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed May 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Well, none of the alliance races had a theme that interested me.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Wed May 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Like some previous posters, I mostly stick on one faction because I know Alliance people and the RP scene better.
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed May 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Cos ORB are more annoying than TTH XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by oricol Wed May 29, 2013 4:59 pm

I activley play my Horde characters more than my Alliance ones I feel more comfortable with the Horde than Alliance...saying that I do RP X faction which is awesome due to real id and battletag
oricol
oricol

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed May 29, 2013 5:05 pm

I personally have never been comfortable about playing Horde, I have tried over and over again on Blood elf and Forsaken but I can never really get into the feeling I have for the Alliance.

I dislike the thought about starting over again, might create a troll thought but probably won't get into so much Roleplay.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed May 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Used to Raid on the Alliance. Tried out Roleplaying. Never had time from my plots and plans to see the other side.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Wed May 29, 2013 5:12 pm

When I first started, I was told Horde RP was inactive, good three or so years back.

I've quit on and off, but every time I come back I go Alliance. I guess old habits die hard.

(I'm well aware that Horde RP is not inactive now)
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed May 29, 2013 5:22 pm

More or less, I play Alliance because I prefer themes of civilization and enlightenment over primal savagery. (I say savagery not as an insult, but because I'm not sure what other word to use to call the more earthly, tribal society of most of the Horde races).

Never played Horde in any of the RTS games, either, for that reason.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Wed May 29, 2013 6:39 pm

I sure have tried, but I'm unable to find any of them races interesting enough. Of course there's also the thing that I've always had a hard time focusing on characters on other realms, thus my alliance toons elsewhere mainly got played back when DB used to have those 1-2 day maintenances. Nowadays there's of course the possibility to have both factions on the same realm, but I'd need more character slots than 11 to have some alliance alternatives...

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Wed May 29, 2013 6:45 pm

I decided at some point I really wanted to meet the Alliance people! =3 So it's not true what the above message say! The Pandaren gave me a fun enough race! =)
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed May 29, 2013 10:04 pm

I mostly miss a good enough beard whenever I roll a Hordie. Not even the orcs has good enough beards, sadly, which means that the Dwarves will remain my favourite.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed May 29, 2013 10:10 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Well, none of the alliance Horde races had a theme that interested me.

I'm negative Kristeas.

EVIL Kristeas.

With a goatee.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed May 29, 2013 10:46 pm

I'd like to play Horde but if anything, I miss Undead rp.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Thu May 30, 2013 8:39 am

Aishling wrote:I decided at some point I really wanted to meet the Alliance people! =3 So it's not true what the above message say! The Pandaren gave me a fun enough race! =)
Well that's true enough, but it's still a neutral race...I could maybe see myself playing a gritty dwarf character, if something, but mneh...I'm also not so fond about building up a whole new community for myself, in a manner of speaking.

That and the whole "no character slots left" thing.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu May 30, 2013 9:15 am

Gor'Thrak Frosthowl wrote:I play on both factions actively.
Yub.

It's a constant juggling-act. My favorite races are quite evenly divided over the factions, and the tribal role-play is just as fun for me as high society.

I'm interested in role-playing magic of any kind. The troll kind of magic is so different from a Blood Elves' or a Draenei's connection to the Light. It's all fun, and I've been nibbling off bits and pieces on all fronts.

I tend to have waves of activity on one side or the other, depending which characters get sucked into an interesting plot.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Thu May 30, 2013 10:36 am

For me it's literally an inability to engage properly with Horde RP. I've tried with Orcs, Undead and Blood Elves and never found myself as immersed or engaged as I am with Alliance RP.

Even on Alliance side I have 10 humans and 1 Pandaren, I guess I'm just a fan of the versatility of humans. It's sad though, because I really do like a lot of the Horde races, it's just an odd thing inside my brain that doesn't click when I try.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Thu May 30, 2013 10:55 am

The Z wrote:
Aishling wrote:I decided at some point I really wanted to meet the Alliance people! =3 So it's not true what the above message say! The Pandaren gave me a fun enough race! =)
Well that's true enough, but it's still a neutral race...

The problem for me is that I play a Blood Elf that is very busy with propaganda, viewmanipulation and all that bull. Switching from calling Dalaran a massacre to a rightful act of self defence for example is a bit hard for me. Portraying a Pandaren is a good middle ground. It's also one ofthe reasons my Pandaren, or occasionally Worgen, are not that into politics.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Thu May 30, 2013 3:00 pm

Because quite frankly; all the Horde races are rather mecky.
And they dont have Dwarves.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Fri May 31, 2013 10:09 am

As for me, I got into wow for worgen(yes, I'ma furry, sue me), and thus always roleplayed one. Besides, I can't really get into Horde: I've started a tauren with some background story to see the other side but I simply can't get gripped into it. He's parked at level 5 right outside the starting zone, waiting for me to end leveling and gearing up my other alts. Probably it's also the fact that since when I joined(meaning Cata) the Horde has been lead by a warmonger without any kind of justification.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next