Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some questions about faction changes

5 posters

Go down

Some questions about faction changes Empty Some questions about faction changes

Post by Darilas Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:44 am

Hmmm, I fully admit I am too lazy to search if there's a topic somewhere at the regular wowforums about these questions, so feel free to slap me. I have an 80 troll hunter I hardly use because I simply don't have much ideas for her RP wise and RP is my main reason to play. My two main belfs are currently level 60 and 70 so it is entirely possible that, even with my lazy leveling, I will have more then one level 80 char in the near future. I am considering racechanging my troll to an alliance race, to try out RP there. I was wondering, though... she currently has the title 'Of Sen'jin', and is exalted in Orgrimmar. Consequently, she has orc mounts as well as troll mounts. I am just curious what happens with the titles and mounts when you change faction. Does anyone know?
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Some questions about faction changes Empty Re: Some questions about faction changes

Post by Saevir Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:19 am

Your reputations with your own race is swapped with the race you change to, so a troll changing to a forsaken forexample would see his darkspear troll reputation become his undercity reputation, and UC rep become darkspear troll rep.

The argent tournament specifically is an exception though. Your progress along the quests there is reset back to the beginning of the aspirant quests, and you'll have to work yourself back up to champion with all 5 races. I think you still get to keep any achievements you've unlocked as-is, however.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Some questions about faction changes Empty Re: Some questions about faction changes

Post by Zhakiri Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:22 am

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/faction-change/index.xml

This conversion table will help you, sure helped me...*shifty eyes, cough*.

It's for items and rep and all those kind of things.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:25 am

Also, worth noting, the tournament rep will be reset and you will need to re-do all major questlines that are based on faction-specific npc's (shadow vault, etc etc etc)
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:19 pm

You loose the titles, not the rep.

Become a champion again and you'll regain that title.

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:07 pm

As someone who is sad enough to spend so much cash on faction changing I can shed some light:

All reputation gains with Alliance and Horde factions will swap around, so changing from Troll to Dwarf will result in the said rep changes:

Orgrimmar - Stormwind
Darkspear - Ironforge
Silvermoon - Exodar
Darnassus - Undercity
Thunder bluff - Gnomeregan

You will also lose ALL achievements and titles from the Argent Tournament EXCEPT for Argent Aspirant, this means you don't have to do the 3 dailys for 3 days to become one, you can start off right away.

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down