Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Knights vs. Paladins vs. Shadow knights.

+11
Krogon Devilstep
Helmut
Amaryl
erwtenpeller
Vaell
Drustai
Littlepip
Muzjhath
Kristeas Sunbinder
siegmund
Thelos
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Death Knights vs. Paladins vs. Shadow knights. - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Knights vs. Paladins vs. Shadow knights.

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2013 9:37 am

Drustai wrote: Time: A year and a half, off and on.

Why: Interest, passion, ambition, perfectionism.

How: Research.

Bejeezers. Have you thought about applying at Wizards of the Coast?

Back to top Go down

Death Knights vs. Paladins vs. Shadow knights. - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Knights vs. Paladins vs. Shadow knights.

Post by erwtenpeller Mon May 06, 2013 10:14 am

I'd like to think of it like this:

The one that plays their strengths the best, WINS!

A paladin is good at the frontal, direct approach. That's sort of what they do. But a darkie might have the advantage when there's trickery involved! Oh noes! Dumb paladin never saw that hand-of-sand move comin'!

And there's also the power of the plot to consider.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon May 06, 2013 11:46 am

Guys, using Wow Logic:

The one with the biggest most movement impairing shoulderpads is the strongest.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon May 06, 2013 11:48 am

Don't forget the amount of shiny effects!!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Mon May 06, 2013 12:01 pm

And longest TRP2 description of backstory and scares/details on the body!
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon May 06, 2013 12:02 pm

I've met Death knights, 'shadow knights' and even paladins on multiple occasions who have assumed just because they have flashy spells or an EBUL WICKED TITLE, they have a right to do stupid things in emote-fights, rolls, or general RP.

I detest this, to the very core of my being.

And as Drustai said earlier, it's very much down to the characters themselves. You could preach your the strongest most unstoppable Death/holy/shadow Knight around, but if the other player isn't buying it, your diddly squat.

As someone who Roleplays a Blademaster, I like to think of it like this - Everyone in terms of combat is 'potentially' on a level field with everyone else. What sets them apart is the characters traits. So I approach things with the mindset that my Blademaster isn't stronger than anyone, but he is (as I like to think so) Far more cunning, which is his niche.

So the real question isn't Which is stronger, its why do you think -your- one of those three is 'stronger' than another character?

Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon May 06, 2013 4:19 pm

What I have never seen in any RP fight ever is anyone alive and carrying plate and a shield get tired and thus become easy pickings for my DK who is as fresh as a daisy. /rant.

Im with the people saying that there cant be a hard rule. To an extent an understanding of what is strong in whatever situation is good but that should not mean automatic win. Krogon makes the point that sometimes people can be op with chars, I would counter that by saying Paladins and DKs are op. Why do people stand toe to toe with them without any battle plan and expect to win.

As for Arthas, In his book he could use light on and off whilst he became corrupted. It left him after Stratholme but returned to him right as he reached for frostmourne, giving him pause but ultimately, rejecting it.

As for Shadow Knights, I remember someone telling me that the Forsaken experimented with them to make dark paladin like warriors for the Forsaken nation and it did not end well. Anyone have any information on that?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Mon May 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Thorvald wrote:Death Knights vs. Paladins vs. Shadow knights.

This is a small thing that has confused me slightly, who is the strongest one of all these three?

ME. AND I WILL END YOU ALL! THE LIGHT WILLS IT!!
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Mon May 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Thorvald wrote:It was just one of the daily ideas that usually ends up in the trash, this time I were sitting infront of a computer with net so I wrote it down.

Thelos wrote:The winner is decided by the only God this universe truly knows:

RNG.

Hehehe, why we even have that system while were fighting beats me, I think it is much better to fight until our character gets to tired to react, does a misstake or see no way to avoid the attack.

No. Because we all know some people are going to abuse it. "I'm a Death Knight, we don't get tired, I'm bad-ass and you can't beat me."

Rolling keeps it fair and square and it allows for one of the BEST THINGS about roleplay: IMPROVISATION!
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon May 06, 2013 7:38 pm

They are tho Farelin. I dont want DKs to be unstoppable but what makes the average man think they can stand before one toe to toe and win? That is op imo.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Mon May 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Lexgrad wrote:They are tho Farelin. I dont want DKs to be unstoppable but what makes the average man think they can stand before one toe to toe and win? That is op imo.

Because DKs can trip too.
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon May 06, 2013 7:44 pm

ofc. There is that chance. But I rarely see the rofl DKs in RP which people seem to fear in threads like these. I see plenty of badass RPers who stand before a DK and try to go toe to toe with no edge, no battleplan short of pulling holy water from their pants. And when the DK doesnt fold it is bad RP on their part for being Op. I am not against ganking DKs in numbers or jumping them from behind. But Toe to toe with a DK is not a fair fight for most.

Even if you consider a DK to be equal in speed and strengh to a mortal, they are far tougher and all they do is train and fight, when your char eats they train and fight. When your char sleeps they train and fight, when they pray DKs train and fight. How can a living match that.

Last edited by Lexgrad on Mon May 06, 2013 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon May 06, 2013 7:45 pm

I can agree on the idea that death kights should be extra powerful, but at least let them be vulnerable to the light and such. Saronite Shmaronite.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon May 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Lexgrad wrote:They are tho Farelin. I dont want DKs to be unstoppable but what makes the average man think they can stand before one toe to toe and win? That is op imo.

Most player characters aren't the average man (aside from those who deliberately RP the average man, like the Cartel). We're the heroes and champions.

Every class in WoW is a hero class. DKs are not superior to the other classes. They have their own strengths and weaknesses, like everyone else.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon May 06, 2013 8:07 pm

Lexgrad wrote:What I have never seen in any RP fight ever is anyone alive and carrying plate and a shield get tired and thus become easy pickings for my DK who is as fresh as a daisy. /rant.

No RP fight ever lasts long enough for people to get tired.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon May 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Getting fatigued and needing to rest due to the length of battle is how I explained holding some of our forces back at Tower Point during the Alterac battle.

If the battle is very long, then getting tired should happen. But a single fight in the middle of the street isn't long.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon May 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Try fighting one 3 min round Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon May 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Depends on who were talking about Drustai, if were talking about a Death knight he will never get tired.. If were talking about a Sullee then he won't even last ten seconds before falling over, sweating half to death.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon May 06, 2013 9:15 pm

I haven't seen an emote fight last more than 3 minutes

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric/Richard Mon May 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Amaryl wrote:I haven't seen an emote fight last more than 3 minutes

Three minutes for an emote fight.. shit that's short. I've been in emote fights that has lasted 45 minutes (from the time it takes from emoting and the occasional caps in /p when one loses a roll)
Elric/Richard
Elric/Richard

Character sheet
Name: Elric Williams
Title: Door man, Paladin, Chevalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon May 06, 2013 9:21 pm

Amaryl wrote:I haven't seen an emote fight last more than 3 minutes

Death Knights vs. Paladins vs. Shadow knights. - Page 2 Sarcasm
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon May 06, 2013 9:29 pm

Emote fighting can be pretty long yeah.. Even tho real fights last like a minute or less.

Also offtopic, Krogon we need to meet more!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue May 07, 2013 6:37 am

Well, krogon what i mean is, that it takes 30 minutes to do 3 parries/attacks... for both players

which is no way is near enough to get tired. as that's about 20 seconds.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 07, 2013 6:47 am

I dunno. My emote fights on Alph usually last pretty short...

Person x tries to punch Alph.
Alph teleports.

Fight over.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue May 07, 2013 1:00 pm

i dunno myself last night i had a pally grab an armored DK 's face, beat him with his holy hammer and ofc expet that holy energy Vs DK makes DK's instantly turn to ash.I laughed
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2