Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to RP

+15
Feral / Blackfall
Eve
Kristeas Sunbinder
Thelos
Buren
Feeniks
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Finnabhair
Vaell
Thrakha
Lexgrad
Skarain
Samian/Bismack
Xen-tau
minkashine
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New to RP Empty New to RP

Post by minkashine Wed May 01, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm new to the whole of role playing and I'm looking for some advice and a good guild to get in with, in order to learn how to role play with others. I am unsure of the whole role play idea, and have been to argent dawn and had a few *eyebrow raising* encounters.... It has sort of left me wondering how some can role play so easily and how others struggle. Oricol does role play and I want to be able to join in and enjoy the game for all its good and bad sides. I just need to know what guild would be best to join for newbies to role play like me...

Minka
minkashine
minkashine

Back to top Go down

New to RP Empty Re: New to RP

Post by Xen-tau Wed May 01, 2013 5:20 pm

All RP guilds are open to new members. What are you looking for? Military, regular, evil or something else? ^^ I am part of the Crimson Imperium, a horde guild that stays in the north of eastern kingdoms and we're a military and all.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Wed May 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Welcome! It is a shame you are horde else I'd totes recommend the regiment. Though if you have any questions regarding rp I'd gladly help you here. You mention that some people roleplay easily and others struggle. What are you struggling with?
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed May 01, 2013 5:21 pm

I would throw Shatterskull Marauders of the Horde as a good place to begin, as i presume you'll play on the Horde. If Alliance instead, that'll require some thinking but there are plenty to pick from.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed May 01, 2013 5:25 pm

I would say if you ever roll as alliance to poke the Stormwind Regiment, they are v friendly and you will learn fast with them as you go around interacting with everyone in SW.

The main things to remember in RP is not to be selfish and try to make yourself an action hero and everyone else as extras XD It is a joint story telling activity and cooperation is the key. GL, PM me if you want to ask anything.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by minkashine Wed May 01, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm a writer in my free time and I find that some people I have recently role played with were all about love and erp..... But I share ideas, stories and get my own role play history going.... I've always been interested in sharing ideas and learning more about the differences in characters and histories.... I am horde and have tried the alliance but found I always came back home to the horde.... I enjoy getting involved in large story lines and having to add your own piece to further the story along... I have watched people rp before and I find it fascinating and full of wonder.... How people name their characters, how they come up with a history, how they interact with others, just the whole side of fantasy brought to life through people sharing stories or ideas.....
minkashine
minkashine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Love and ERP are two of the most boring ways to waste your time on RPing in this interesting World of Warcraft.

I'll poke you in-game.
Edit: Spoken to your friend Oricol (thought it was you, similar avatar) and we'll have a chat sometime soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrakha Wed May 01, 2013 6:15 pm

If you do feel inclined to give the Shatterskull Marauders a try, please do get in touch! We've got a thread in the guild registry on these forums.
Thrakha
Thrakha

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed May 01, 2013 8:13 pm

If you're a writer, you're my kind of RPer!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Wed May 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Vaell wrote:If you're a writer, you're my kind of RPer!

I'm a writer. How come you never come looking for me?!?
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Wed May 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Farelin/Dijie wrote:

Oh he is, from the shadows, ever lurking, always watching.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Wed May 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Gor'Thrak Frosthowl wrote:
Farelin/Dijie wrote:

Oh he is, from the shadows, ever lurking, always watching.

EEP. D:
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Thu May 02, 2013 8:21 am

minkashine wrote:I'm a writer in my free time and I find that some people I have recently role played with were all about love and erp..... But I share ideas, stories and get my own role play history going.... I've always been interested in sharing ideas and learning more about the differences in characters and histories.... I am horde and have tried the alliance but found I always came back home to the horde.... I enjoy getting involved in large story lines and having to add your own piece to further the story along... I have watched people rp before and I find it fascinating and full of wonder.... How people name their characters, how they come up with a history, how they interact with others, just the whole side of fantasy brought to life through people sharing stories or ideas.....

Don't stick to Silvermoon! Wink Quite a few people have a richer personality, but places like Silvermoon don't really let those parts come out!

The Crimson Imperium does have its fair share of storylines and events, not all the time... but still! =3 And if you are joining some other guild I hope we get to RP together someday.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Thu May 02, 2013 8:32 am

Hey, even if Silvermoon isn't as growded as Orgimmar, nothing wrong with it, if you wish to join a race guild, instead of military, criminal, religious, family ect. I like my just belf guild, Sin Belore *hint hint blood elf players* just fine. And even race guilds do travel and take part in world rp.
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Thu May 02, 2013 8:41 am

If you ever come alliance you could eh *cough* join the Scarlet Dawn *cough*
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu May 02, 2013 9:30 am

Writers make for terrible role-players.

*Trollface*

Welcome to the wonderful world of role-play; we hope you'll enjoy your stay!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Thu May 02, 2013 10:13 am

Feeniks wrote:Hey, even if Silvermoon isn't as growded as Orgimmar, nothing wrong with it, if you wish to join a race guild, instead of military, criminal, religious, family ect. I like my just belf guild, Sin Belore *hint hint blood elf players* just fine. And even race guilds do travel and take part in world rp.

It's hard to explain, but I have noticed the ratio of... Casual RP(bar,love, etc.) is higher in Silvermoon than it is in the rest of Horde Azeroth! Hence the example. Wink
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu May 02, 2013 10:38 am

Aishling wrote:
Feeniks wrote:Hey, even if Silvermoon isn't as growded as Orgimmar, nothing wrong with it, if you wish to join a race guild, instead of military, criminal, religious, family ect. I like my just belf guild, Sin Belore *hint hint blood elf players* just fine. And even race guilds do travel and take part in world rp.

It's hard to explain, but I have noticed the ratio of... Casual RP(bar,love, etc.) is higher in Silvermoon than it is in the rest of Horde Azeroth! Hence the example. Wink

What about vs. Alliance?

*ponders*

Also consider how many organisations hang around there vs. other cities.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu May 02, 2013 11:27 am

Farelin/Dijie wrote:

You're female. Females can't write.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eve Thu May 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Vaell wrote:
Farelin/Dijie wrote:

Sexism hoooo.
Eve
Eve

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu May 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Soulyna wrote:
Vaell wrote:
Farelin/Dijie wrote:

Sexism hoooo.

More or less agree, Frankenstein was ok tho, errr.... and.... Nope thats all I can think of.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu May 02, 2013 3:39 pm

Vaell wrote:
Farelin/Dijie wrote:

Don't make me rez some sort of evil Farelin counterpart who will go out of her way to make Vaell blush. >_>

CUZ I WILL
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Fri May 03, 2013 8:11 am

minkashine wrote: have watched people rp before and I find it fascinating and full of wonder.... How people name their characters, how they come up with a history, how they interact with others, just the whole side of fantasy brought to life through people sharing stories or ideas.....

It sounds like you will love RP, to be honest. The idea of exploring a world through the eyes of someone -else- (your character) is just amazing, imo. You should make a thread asking those questions specifically (how people name/interact etc)--I bet it'd get a LOT of attention, and make for fascinating discussion!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by oricol Sun May 05, 2013 5:31 pm

I think the experiences I have had and also when myself and minka rped on another server has made me somewhat wary of getting involved in rp ...i'm not saying that all experiences are bad because I met my long term rp partner on that said realm and we have had so many twists and turns to our rp stories its made for some very interesting rp and we are now close friends...I know that thought and effort has to be put into any decent rp,and youre not going to get that by just standing around waiting in Silvermoon.
What i find difficult is that much of the rp on Defias is very guild orientated and I sometimes feel quite intimadated walking up to a group of rpers feeling like mmm probably I shouldnt be there ,or am I intruding on something or should I just try and join in its a bit of a dilema
oricol
oricol

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun May 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Minka, you might find this guide quite useful if you haven't seen it already: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7193379278

I can't recommend a guild because I don't play Horde, but you could find RP without a guild by attending events and starting to build up a group of people you RP with.

From what I've been told, Silvermoon might be best avoided. You could check out Undercity, that seems to be fairly active.

Also, off-topic for a moment: well-fought in that RBG yesterday, Oricol Very Happy
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next