Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most beautiful tragic film I've ever seen - Les amitiés particulières (English Subtitles)

+8
Antistia
Shaelyssa
Gunnell
Kil'drakor
(Goggy) - Exilius
Magaskawee/Anaei
Sir Lancelot
Etular
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The most beautiful tragic film I've ever seen - Les amitiés particulières (English Subtitles) Empty The most beautiful tragic film I've ever seen - Les amitiés particulières (English Subtitles)

Post by Etular Sun May 02, 2010 7:31 pm

The title says it all, really. I viewed all 99 minutes/18 parts on Youtube and the story was Beautiful, the ending was tragic. I'm not a very emotional person when it comes to films, but this film had me literally shaking and fighting back tears... Crying or Very sad Most certainly one I would re-watch! The bad news is that it's in French, but that most certainly didn't stop the emotional agony that it was for me! A must-see film, that I plan to buy in the near future:

Part 1/18

Part 2/18

Part 3/18

Part 4/18

Part 5/18

Part 6/18

Part 7/18

Part 8/18

Part 9/18

Part 10/18

Part 11/18

Part 12/18

Part 13/18

Part 14/18

Part 15/18

Part 16/18

Part 17/18

Part 18/18

All I can say is that, even if you don't like subtitles, watch it! I, naturally, am not a fan of subtitles - but found myself so drawn into this film that I was able to ignore the minor hindrance. Also, even if it doesn't seem so good to begin with, keep watching. It gets far better later on (However, for me, the film managed to draw me in from the very start - so I had no problems).
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

The most beautiful tragic film I've ever seen - Les amitiés particulières (English Subtitles) Empty Re: The most beautiful tragic film I've ever seen - Les amitiés particulières (English Subtitles)

Post by Sir Lancelot Sun May 02, 2010 7:49 pm

The most tragic movie was AVATAR!

THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!

*faps to Neytiri's picture*

Sir Lancelot

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The most beautiful tragic film I've ever seen - Les amitiés particulières (English Subtitles) Empty Re: The most beautiful tragic film I've ever seen - Les amitiés particulières (English Subtitles)

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Avatar was still good in the Cinema.

Not worth seeing on dvd of course, since there's no storyline or character depths at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Lancelot Sun May 02, 2010 9:11 pm

NO!

It is so awesome that I paint myself blue and run naked in the park every morning!

Sir Lancelot

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun May 02, 2010 9:35 pm

Also Etular, with all respect to you, it's a beautiful movie, but could you get any more gay? <3 <3
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sun May 02, 2010 9:55 pm

As I said long ago, Avatar = a full mix of Disney's Atlantis and Pocahontas. c_c

But the movie rokked nontheless!
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun May 02, 2010 10:06 pm

The 3D blew me away, personally.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun May 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Drakenhof wrote:The most tragic movie was AVATAR!

THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!

*faps to Neytiri's picture*

But... No-one major really died in Avatar... Neutral

/me wanted more blue Draenei/Night Elf Hybrids to die Mad

Anyway, I watched the movie in 3D (why do critics say the 3D ruined the movie? The movie was made for 3D!). It was excellent, and I was left trembling afterwards - but that was mostly due to the 3D effect. I was, surprisingly enough, easily immersed into the film. On the other hand, I need to give my congratulations to the above film - because, not only did it immerse me despite being in French, but it left me trembling without a 3D effect. Not to mention, I've had it in my mind since this morning. Mad

Anaei wrote:
Also Etular, with all respect to you, it's a beautiful movie, but could you get any more gay? <3 <3

Did you read the synopsis, or watch the actual film itself? Laughing

Maybe it's because I was told about it by someone online who was helping me with a "gay" problem and, after viewing what I saw as epicness, I felt I had to share it somewhere - so Ta-Da. tongue I posted it because I thought that it would be interesting, even for the average straight person. Laughing I thought that, since I was almost in tears at the end, the average straight person would at least feel some sadness.

Not to mention, A tip for all Evil RPers! Part 17 shows the perfect example of how to "slowly, almost surgically destroy someone from the inside". Find evidence, twist words and bend the truth. Twisted Evil
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sun May 02, 2010 11:00 pm

I still prefered Ladder 49.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon May 03, 2010 10:25 am

Oh come on, Etular! All this "straight" and "gay" stuff is just ridiculous. Being emotional does not make you straight or gay (liking certain physical protrusions ... or extrusions? o.O does)! Anyways, if you like watching French movies then I suggest watching "Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain". It's a "sweet", innocent (almost childish) kind of movie, I think you'll like it. As for romance/drama movies: A Walk to Remember, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Titanic and coughBrokebackMountaincough. ;)
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Mon May 03, 2010 10:27 am

Amélie Poulain, is that not that movie with the girl who falls in love with that guy and he seems to be a darned bastard but all you thought gets thrown into disarray about halfway through the movie?
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon May 03, 2010 10:30 am

No. I really don't know how to explain the plot of the movie, it's very simple. The movie mainly revolves around Amélie Poulain and the way she reacts with thing (but she does fall in love with a guy) but it's all very ... childish and "sweet" - I loved it.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Mon May 03, 2010 10:41 am

Ah, then it isn't the same as I recall myself thinking 'what a psycho' so I'd hardly call it childish and sweet, haha.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:03 am

After seeing The Lion King at age 8, nothing is sad anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon May 03, 2010 11:22 am

Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:After seeing The Lion King at age 8, nothing is sad anymore.

That. Sad

And if you want a really tragic movie watch Schindlers List.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon May 03, 2010 11:28 am

I cried when Bambi's mother died. Then again, I must have been five back then.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:34 am

Geldar wrote:
Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:After seeing The Lion King at age 8, nothing is sad anymore.

That. Sad

Gnash wrote:
Guys, you are pathetic, go lend "Die Hard" so you can become a man again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon May 03, 2010 11:39 am

Veratic wrote:

Oh I'm sure we all need more advice on how to become "men" coming from the guy with that profile picture - just teasing haha! ;)
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:40 am

My avatar is hardcore, man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Mon May 03, 2010 1:27 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:Oh come on, Etular! All this "straight" and "gay" stuff is just ridiculous. Being emotional does not make you straight or gay (liking certain physical protrusions ... or extrusions? o.O does)!

Just to clarify, I wasn't stating that it did. Razz I was merely saying that I doubted "straight" people would find it as emotional - purely due to the fact that it doesn't involve a man/woman relationship. Laughing

On the otherhand, this would be an excellent film for those who are homophobic or know nothing about "gays" to watch - as it shows, basically, that two "gay" people can love each other without fitting the stereotypes of being "overly promiscuous", "Camp/Femme" or even partaking in "The things one should not know" (as it is described in the film).
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon May 03, 2010 6:15 pm

You'll love Brokeback Mountain, trust me haha! Go watch it. Wink (I cried at the end of it Sad.)
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nassulra / Dobkins Mon May 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Veratic wrote:
Geldar wrote:

That. Sad

Gnash wrote:

I tend to shed a tear at the end of The Phantom of the Opera.. Which is bad since i'm so obsessed with it..
But Die Hard is awesome!
Nassulra / Dobkins
Nassulra / Dobkins

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 6:39 am

If Die Hard is the manliest film you've ever seen, you sir, are a pansy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Tue May 04, 2010 8:25 am

Die Hard may not be one of the manliest films, but damn if it isn't one of the best action flicks there is.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 3:39 pm

That, good sir Ataris, is something entirely different :p Yush, it was very enjoyable!

Though manly movies... Steven Seagal, Chuck Norris or Sly, anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next