Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Settlers of Northrend

4 posters

Go down

[A] Settlers of Northrend Empty [A] Settlers of Northrend

Post by Janard Karn Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Settlers of Northrend

Settlers of Northrend is a RP guild that runs alongside The Vaetirr. But don't let this confuse you... The guilds are totally separate but SoN was made to give a home to all the people from the Alliance that wanted to come to live in Northrend and expand our slowly growing RP hub as we do so, while keeping separated from the Tribals of The Vaetirr and Snow-Born!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The whole thing came around when, Cerin Greylock, now the owner of Hearthfire Lodge in Westguard came to Thane Aggripa Goldhammer in his home within the city of Ironforge. He was verging on retirement at this time and had much wealth in his possession. Aggripa was rather skeptical at first... But after Cerin explained his plan to finish the renovations of the Alliance settlements in Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills, he was up for it. He figured he could make a great home for people in Northrend and at the same time he could begin his retirement!

When they reached Northrend and began preparations, they realized that... Pretty much all of the military that WAS in Northrend, fighting the Scourge had completely vanished. So Aggripa came up with the idea of a Task Force baring his Clans Colors. Cerin agreed after looking into the crime in the area and thought it was a great idea.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The plan is that we begin in Westguard Keep and move northbound to the other unfinished settlements in Northrend like Fort Wildervar and Amberpine Lodge in Grizzly Hills. Ofcourse, we will grow into the other settlements as we meet member milestones. For example, we may move to Wildervar as we meet around fifteen members. Then Amberpine at twenty-five for example.

Now, let me get into how our ranking system works. It had to be made quite vague in order to house all the different kinds of jobs people might have to fill over a number of different settlements, along with Goldhammer Task Force, therefore these are what we came up with these as available ranks. Going from highest to lowest rank:

Landlord
These are the owners of the large taverns that are home to most of the people that come to our settlements. These people have the second most amount of responsibility other than the Mayors of the settlements, as they represent the people or the town as they are at the heart of the settlements communities.

Leader
These men and women are the various leaders of work forces. These people include the Mayors, Foremen, Taskmasters, Head Huntsmen and the Captains of the Goldhammer Task Force. These are the most trusted people within each settlement. They are trusted by the Mayors, Cerin and Aggripa the most as they are in charge of making sure they get all the resources that they need in the most efficient ways possible while also keeping the people happy.

Religion
This rank is for all of the people that are needed to give people faith and to make them follow the light like the Alliance should. This rank is made up of Priests, Paladins, Bishops and the like. They are entrusted with keeping the people happy while also assuring their faith in the Light.

Military
This rank will play a big part within SoN, as most of the Alliance forces that were originally here during the war against the scourge armies following the Lich King have dispersed and gone back to Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, this means that Aggripa had to form his own Task Force in order to keep criminals at bay and to protect the settlements during their renovations and all while they are active.

Tavern staff
This rank is to be filled with all the people that keep the people living in the settlements happy by taking up positions within the various taverns within the area. These will be people like cooks, bartenders, servers, etc. This will be a minority rank but it will be just as important as all the others as taverns will be one of the main areas for our RPers to hang out at.

Merchant
This rank is to house... Well. It is quite self-explanatory. This rank is for all the Merchants, Shopkeepers and Salesmen within the settlements. Every now and then these people will play a big part in a recurring event, a market in Wildervar, as that will become our trade centre in Northrend.

Worker
This rank will be to house the various people that will gather resources like wood, stone, ores, fish, meat, furs and so forth. These people will be; Farmers, Lumberjacks, Miners, Fishermen, Huntsmen, etc. These people will be important in assuring the future life of the settlements and the life of the people within them!

Civilian
This rank is for all of the common visitors to the settlements along with those people who have no job. Like the housewives and homeless criminals. Yes! Criminals! Another section of people that we will be taking. Wouldn't it make sense for criminals to come live in the settlements? Away from the soldiers of the Alliance who would instantly convict them? Ofcourse they would!

Settler
This is the rank for all of the newcomers to Northrend. The travelers that don't really have a place in the settlements as of yet. This is really a trial rank so we can get a feel for peoples strengths and weaknesses. Both IC and OOC and to see if we can help overcome them.
So... Whether you are unhappy with the life your family has in the city... Hooligans and Thugs always scaring your kids and robbing you blind in the streets... The Guards who do absolutely nothing about the problems the city has and just brush them off after taking a report from you... And the various homeless people always bothering you every time you stroll by, sometimes even mugging you when you pass! Maybe you are just bored and want to experience something new? See the sights and have a drink while you are there... Then come to Northrend and grab a drink! Everyone is welcome in our settlements!

Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet
Name: Janard Karn
Title: Ex-Bloodsail Corsair

Back to top Go down

[A] Settlers of Northrend Empty Re: [A] Settlers of Northrend

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:15 pm

This is a very niche concept and you will need a lot of role-play, collaboration and general 'work' to get it off the ground and functioning. Try making a chat channel as well for those interested in Northrend RP. (one may already exist?)

I really like the concept and wish you the best of luck!

P.S Don't forget to post it on the realm forum too! :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Yep. We already have a channel open for RPers in NR. It is simply called "Northrend". And thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:22 pm

As a military order who Roleplays currently in the area, i approve this!
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Thanks Inran. I hope to see you in the area a lot, and thanks for the approval! -.^
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:38 pm

The Vaetirr and Snowborn are at a slow pace atm, I suggest really putting in 110% to get this started up. It'd be a shame to see the three "guilds" fall to inactivity.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:46 pm

We already have tonnes of ideas for this guild... Additionally I have a few contacts in other guilds to help it grow. So we are hoping that by opening this guild to help the two tribes out... It may work well.
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:11 pm

I don't think there needs to be any worry about the guilds falling just yet, although I'll be helping Aggripa, I'll still be focusing my efforts on the Vaetirr. Me and Elsa have been discussing ideas recently, as to how we can increase activity, and as always, any ideas are welcome for our storyline that is being planned. xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:15 pm

As a general pointer to you seeking new recruits. You're only going to get alts on DefiasRP, don't waste your time and effort advertising as much here when it's the realm forum and in-game that you can bring players / role-players to you.

DefiasRP has for the most part the same 30-40 viewing, posting and using, perhaps even less.

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:22 pm

I understand that. But I honestly don't mind alts, but I definately see what you mean.
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:29 pm

Good luck with this, friend of the old!

As agreed, I will try to smug an alt into the guild, just to follow the happenings within the guild.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 pm

Thanks, Gilly. Keep strong, man.
Janard Karn
Janard Karn