Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anethion Shall Rise Again! [Closed]

+8
Buren
Aweng
Morgaan
Eve
Melnerag
Drustai
Seranita
Zalissa
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anethion Shall Rise Again! [Closed] Empty Anethion Shall Rise Again! [Closed]

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:27 am

I've recently come back to getting a better feel for Torradan, and have decided to continue his plotline. During his close collaboration to the Chapter of Holy Anethion, both he and much of his barony converted to the religion in a moderate way.

So, I will be role-playing a small sect of Anethionian in the Kingdom of Stormwind. Torradan will more than likely fight for their right to worship freely eventually, however, it is no secret that he believes in the teachings of Anethion/Chapter and is well known.

Those interested can PM me here, post here, or contact me in-game on Torradan. As this is my third character, he will not be super duper active but I'd like to have a few evenings of role-play on him.

Peace.

/join Anethion for the out-of-guild discussions and perhaps future event collaboration between those still worshipping Anethion.

Last edited by Vangrel Lansire on Sat May 04, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Anethion Shall Rise Again! [Closed] Empty Re: Anethion Shall Rise Again! [Closed]

Post by Zalissa Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:47 am

Sounds conflicty! Me likey. Regiment might hunt him down, though.
Zalissa
Zalissa

Character sheet
Name: Zalissa Sparrow
Title: The Pirate Princess

Back to top Go down

Anethion Shall Rise Again! [Closed] Empty Re: Anethion Shall Rise Again! [Closed]

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:52 am

Perhaps it is the regiment who will be hunted?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:53 am

indeed I wish you luck Anethion as a religion is now classified as a cultist religion.. may the heretics burn at there own stakes!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:20 am

It should be noted that only the Chapter of Holy Anethion is classified as a criminal organization. Actually believing in the faith of Anethion is not illegal (as stated in the initial security announcement).

That being said, it's likely that public expression of the religion will not be very well-liked currently. So while it might not be illegal to be a follower of Anethion, public preaching (and especially donning of the white cross and wearing other Chapter motifs) would be highly regulated or restricted.

Anyway, am interested in this. Arey is an Anethionian albeit not entirely sure on where she stands with it after Gwendelyn's murder.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:25 am

Cool idea! Just throwing some things out there for you to use/discard as you please:

Church of Anethion, officially known as Tyrrean Order, is led by the Supreme Lector. Supreme Lector is also believed to become the Vicar of Anethion and a new, living Prophet. (That is why the S.Ls added their own recitations!) Gwendelyn, in that capacity has disbanded the Tyrrean Order and encouraged communion with the Church of the Holy Light. So if you ressurect Anethionism you are:
1. Following the teachings of Father Anethion, but consider yourself part of the Church of the Holy Light.
2. Consider yourself full Anethionean and see the Church as outdated and Gwendelyn as a heretic and a false Vicar.

Chapter of Holy Anethion is an order within the broader Church (think of it as Jesuits for Catholicism), they have been officially disbanded by Gwendelyn and on top of that outlawed. Of course you can easily RP Anethionean without aluding to the Chapter. Heck, you can even form your own order.

Inquisition is intact, they were never outlawed and never went apeshit crazy kamikadze. So they are probably around, making sure bad people have ...accidents happen to them.

Shadowbreakers as extinct, but nobody prevents you from ressurecting the tradition.

For symbols. White Cross on black is only one of the symbols. There is also a nine-pointed silver sunburst (Nine Steps of Ascencion), an upside-down hammer with a comet-like tail sprouting from the handle (Light's wrath), a sunray crystalizing into an ear of grain (Light's benediction).

For 'popular' Anethionism. A 'Lector' is not an official appointment but a popular acclamation. A lector is the man who reads from the Book of Revelations during services and is capable of providing commentary and explanation. Whitecloak Militia is a very popular practice of forming people into an organized militia to patrol the countryside and have regular training together. See it as your social club + weekend barn-building + footbal practice. One who organizes militia is titled 'Protector' UNLESS he is a feudal noble. So being organizer of militia is a default duty of an Anethionean noble, but he can choose to delegate it to somebody else - in that case that somebody else is known as 'protector'.

If you got any questions, just PM me or try to guess my skype name.
(Hint: it is same as my forum name)

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:03 am

Thanks for the information!

Mostly, Torradan will just role-play a man infused with the new virtues and a more disciplined way of life. He's slightly out of touch with the entire escapade of disbanding, so it would be far more in the direction of a Jesuit within the Catholic church correlation.

Again, thanks for the information.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:59 am

Reinhard Goodwyn will be around every now and then, not a main of mine that on either though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:11 pm

Updated with a channel. I don't really expect this to be huge, or super active, as that's not the aim.

We're essentially complete outcasts trying to find our religious footing in Stormwind again. A small plot-line shall follow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eve Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:41 am

I wish you luck on this. Just expect IC abuse.
Eve
Eve

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:07 am

He's already gotten it. Very Happy
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:25 am

This just in:

Stormwind authorities repress the religious minorities!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:59 pm

And well, when i come back (or better yet if, but i believe i will come back, yes i think i will! I must. BLOOD FOR THE BL...)
Alright, when i come back i will just continue rping my chars what they were, but into hiding. Morgan Pureheart, now feeling bad about herself (really.... again?) for not dying with the rest of the order of the Shadowbreaker. Anastasija Markovic
(Gwen what should i do if the Inquisition isn't destroyed by your HERETICAL move?) and others who were in the Chapter (does it still exist as a guild on DB even tho it's dead IC?)
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:25 pm

It still exists. Torradan is in it atm.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:34 pm

"Gwen what should i do if the Inquisition isn't destroyed by your HERETICAL move?"

1. Go solo, Witchbane in hand, and find out and murder darkies.
2. Team up...and you guessed it.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:23 pm

The guild is not active on DB as far as I gather and is officially on AD. I am in only to RP with a few people who still enjoy this type of RP.

Morgaan, if you choose to come back, you will not face a super active and event based guild, but you will experience something I have been working on and will without Melnerag's permission drag him into as well.

If you would like too, feel free to return and RP with myself/him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aweng Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:31 am

Meh. I forsee a clash with the new Anethions soon. The Fallen Cross' list of foes Increase. First scarlets, now Anethions return. I am looking forward to even more judgementalism in the church. I love you
Aweng
Aweng

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:37 am

Good luck with this Eph.. But, MORGAAN IS MINE *sob* Also, the crusade are the true zealots. Do I have to spell out the heresy in "Anethion"?
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:04 am

...Yo, unlike the Crusade the Chapter was never led by a demon. So whom you calling a heretic, heretic!?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:01 am

What demon? There is no shame in the Crusade, prove it Chapterian scum!
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:57 am

Yeah, the Chapter had murderous fanatics for leaders. And the last one was a Heretic who was judged by the Shadowbreakers. But we never had a demon for a leader Very Happy
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:35 pm

Poke me when you return. Sure we have each other on battle-tag so all good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:21 am

All of you children are heretics as far as I am conerned, as long as you keep rebelling against your benevolent Naaru overlords and refusing to accept their loving guidance.

Pah. Teenagers. You'll come around once you mature in the ways of the Light and learn to see the stars trough the eyes of eternity.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:25 am

Thelos wrote:
Pah. Teenagers. You'll come around once you mature in the ways of the Light and learn to see the stars trough the eyes of eternity.

Any time now, so before we grow up and can be held responsible, we want to do some wild partying with bonfires. Can you really blame us?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Well, Torradan died last night in the cellar after being arrested (from starvation) so I guess this is no longer in my hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next