Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise for freedom!

+10
Shaelyssa
Osmand
Elízabéth Moren
Gogol
Rhenchu
Torukan
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Mandui
Cathee Norris
Magaskawee/Anaei
14 posters

Go down

Rise for freedom! Empty Rise for freedom!

Post by Guest Fri May 14, 2010 8:24 pm

< A large poster has been stapled to the Cathedral doors, Stormwinds keep doors,The Hall of Mysteries in Ironforge and the entrance of the Council room doors. The letter large for all to see from quite some distance and easy to read. The edges are engraved with faint shimmering runes, Foiling any simple attempt of ripping them to shreds them or removing them. Even anything attempting to block the sunlight or moonlight from these poster will soon find the bloackade to burn with arcane magic. >

To the Citizens of New Stormwind, Sons and Daughter of the alliance, Faithful to the Church of light and all others that are interested in the truth and honesty of our driving force.

The new Minister of Education and Culture has been chosen.

The council has elected a new minister of 'Education and Culture'! This means the vacant spot of the person who should teach our children what is right and what is wrong. Is finally fulfilled again by a person who we should trust with the future in the form of our children. This means the person who will host our well deserved events in the name of the Alliance by the rules we battled with the horde, demons and even the lich king himself to preserve them . The very same person who will take us hand in hand to a brighter future, teaching us the laws and what the Church of light has taught us for generations!

Or does he? This is a question each person who will read this should ask himself at this very moment.

As you and I are aware that this new councilor is a member of “the chapter of Holy Anethion”. Often know as “The Chapter” to your less intelligent friends.
These men and woman of Faith as they call themselves in their self righteous arrogance. Believe in a faith that resembles the teaching of the Church of light yet have various great differences. The Anethions do not follow our three Virtues and even describe these as foolish they follow the Recitations. These Recitations border to cultist behavior and are meant to suppress any form of self employment and freedom.

Down here are some of the teachings these Anethions follow, Or “Recitations” as the chapterites call these.
Each and every member of the chapter of Holy Anethion has a duty by the Abbot and High inquisitor and follow these “Recitations” to the letter without objection.

Recitations of Richard
1 - Faith alone can overcome all of the Light's enemies; the terrible tools and weapons of the Chapter simply serve to make our work faster and more efficient, and with the amount of evil to purge we need all the speed we can get!
2 - It is the Faith, blind and unquestionable, which grants us Light's powers; moments of charity, noble deeds, virtuous thoughts are but a battlefield on which our Faith is strengthened and proven.
3- Faith is discipline of mind, through willpower and determination does one vanquish all doubt, question and reason from his thoughts until only blind and pure devotion remains.

These three Recitations show how the Chapter praises that devotion to the light is the way to win a battle. I would be a cultist myself to disagree with these true statements that resemble the teachings of our our Church of Light.
As without devotion and faith to the light we would not have been here this very day under out majestic king Varian Wrynn.

Recitation of Waldemar

4- Disciple and Loyalty of the people can only be ensured if the institutions of Faith and its ministers are unquestioned and undoubted; to undermine the authority of the Church is to deprive the men of their chance for redemption and good life!

This recitation simply states you -have- to follow the Chapterites in all that they command. Even if what they command is wrong and should not be done in the name of the light. But if you will refuse to do what the chapter commands you shall be branded a Heretic.

Recitations of Richard
9- Life is a war against evil; from this war there is no escape and no refuge, and he who refuses to fight it is a deserter.

This recitation states everyone who is not able to fight, Due weakness, disease, old age or if you already lost your Husband to war and do not wish to orphan your Children. Is a deserter and a heretic to the light and suitable for punishment as they seem fit!

Recitation of Waldemar
10- To witness evil of any magnitude and remain passive, is to share in its wickedness and become an accomplice of the malefic powers which seek to bring ruin upon humanity - let not a single one escape our righteous wrath!

If Ireth walked into the council room again or a demon would appear as has happened before in recent event. And you would not have attacked this demon under the rule of the Chapter. To save your own life so you could feed your children. This is a sin in the chapters eyes. They do not care that you have mouths to feed. if the chapter reigns you will have to do the work of a guard or be branded a Heretic

Recitation of Waldemar
8- In line of our Sacred Duty we are bound to bring harm upon 'innocents', we work for the Greater Good of humanity and let us make sure that their ultimate sacrifice was not in vain! Remember that a death for the Holy Cause is pleasing to the Light.

This recitation states that they do not care whom they kill. Even if they have burn a whole village to the ground for one single cultist. They would do this in the name of the so called “greater good”. If you mourn the loss of a family member they will simply state you do not have enough Faith in the Light. Yet how is this faith Obtained?
Simple read the ext Recitation:

Recitation of Bernard
6- Through pain we shall go to purify our soul, through hardship we shall go to strengthen our Faith, we shall do what must be done without doubt to affirm our devotion.
4- Strikes of the hammer purge iron of impurities, so shall the surges of pain purify the Soul.

Pain purifies the chaperites soul This is how they believe people will learn from their mistakes and gain devotion to the light. If you by example deserted due a disease or old age? Punishment will be done in the form of whipping, Torture due fel magic or locking you up in the dark for days without food or water to pray.

Recitation of Bernard

14- Pain purifies the soul; the greater is the deathly pain of the heretic and the faithless, the greater are the chances that the Light will be merciful and embrace him in spite of his many sins.

If you are deemed a Heretic in their eyes. Torture and pain is what you will receive. But as seen above from the word “Faithless” this could either by not believing in the light like the kaldorei do, Not being able to fight, Not being able to do as they command simply because it is wrong.

Recitation of Waldemar
9- Let the wicked and the heretic taste the fruits of their own labor, deliver upon them the discord, the doubt, the pain and the ruin they sought to bring upon us!

You are to old to fight? Do not fear children of the alliance your new councilor will make sure you are soon up to your feet! Some more pain to purify your soul and you are soon in great condition to fight their so called wicked again.

Recitation of Waldemar
15- Victory against evil is only possible when all its agents have been utterly vanquished, their foul legacy confined to oblivion and their souls cast into the Nether to the last one!

This Recitation means that peace can only be obtained when each and every single person has been brainwashed under the High inquisitors and the abbots Sway. leaving no resistance to undermine our great kingdom further.

Recitation of Bernard
2- Those who lived a wicked life in defiance of the Light and then repent for their countless sins and putting unbreakable faith in the Light are especially loved - their souls often purer than of thonted, showing remorsese who knew no evil.

The recitation above says you can repent for your sins if you believe in the light. Yet the fight shall only be won if all heretics are gone?
This just means the Anethions can without question from you, pick who they allow to be free from their sins. This of course are there cultist friends! their Warlock minions those who -The Chapter- deems worthy of protection are safe. Not those who deserve it and simply refused to fight to ensure abetter future for their children.

Yet what do all these Religious rules an "Recitations" have to do with the new councilour?
These are the proposals the Council accepted Osmand from the chapter of Holy anothion under to teach out children. To put in motions with their guidance and actualy aggreed to by allowing him his position.

Education

1)It is essential for the health and safety of the state that all citizens of Stormwind be properly Educated. All proper Education should be free and should be a service provided by the state. overseen by Men of faith.

These men of faith they speak of are obviously going to be their own priests that spread the word of Anethion! Teaching your children the way of Anethion, And not the light we fought for, for so long against the horde, demons and the lick king. Do you want to see your children punishing each other for not having enough faith like a ritual from the Horde?

2)People must be properly Educated in the Light and how to apply the Lights message in everyday life. I believe that priests should be employed to regularly hold meetings to teach the people of Stormwind about faith and tradition.

Once again this will teach our children and even yourself the ways of Anethion. At first this faith seems like any other and even good willing to erase the world of Azeroth of Cultists. Yet once you have seen how they really use their powers to hurt anyone who does not agree, Even slay those who speak ill of Anethion.

3) The people should be required to learn about their rights and responsibilities in the Kingdom. Everyone likes to claim it is their right to certain things. I feel people do not know enough about their responsibility to the state.

The responsibilities meant by this proposal are as twisted as the high Inquisitor of the chapter himself. Your rights are to pray on your knees and kiss his feet, Or be punished tortured and treated like a caged beast.

4)In conjunction with the above point I believe that all citizens of Stormwind should be required to Undergo basic Military training( Of course work on this would be in union with the Minister Of Defense). While undergoing basic training citizens should be our great Nation so as to gather proper respect for the past. I believe that if Stormwind is to appear strong in the eyes of our allies, and we must not allow our Kingdom to be walked over.

This point simply states they want to train each citizen of Stormwind for an army. To be disciplined and to be tested to see if you or your friends are useful to them. If not finding out if you are in their eyes are an actual Cultist! And why do we all need to train, We already are the Superior power on Azeroth!

5) All education in Stormwind should be overseen by men of Faith as men of faith are the only ones who should be entrusted with the proper education of our people. I believe that no justice and no law can exist without the Holy Light, therefore 'secularism' is a foolish notion which means tyranny of arbitrary scribbles made by men.

This line together with his first point. Simply states that they are the only ones to teach our children! Your not even allowed to teach your won children or what they learn. Only the teachings of Anethion are allowed!And only the teaching and rules of Anethion shall thus be followed!

Culture:
1) I feel that in order to properly Promote the Culture of Stormwind first proper respect must be had for the heroes of our past and through Education this could be achieved.
The heroes or as they call martyrs: Persons like their Dargomir, who is respected even nearly worshiped by the chapterites for slaying the Demon Ireth. Yet she still walks around our world and their grand champion is dead. Thus the Chapter has been lying to us about his deeds that he had slain her!

2) I belive that regular themed festivals or Celebrations should be thrown to display Human Culture and Individuality.
The only single thing he did not propose to suppress you. But to give you, the citizen of Stormwind a false feeling that he means well. Remember he is still the lackey of the Abbot and the High Inquisitor

3) I believe that as often as possible we should promote cultural Exchange with other races in the Alliance. Despite this we must never lose sight of our own culture and heritage, these events would of course be monitored though I feel they would only be beneficial to promote peace and prosperity in our Alliance.
Ofcourse these events should be monitored. Since if they find out you are talking to the Respected and noble Draenei in a way they do not seem fit as it goes against their teachings or simply show you that they abuse their power. They will seize you of the streets for torture and punishment as you lack the faith they so called preach for.

4) I also feel that the Light is a central part to Human Culture and forced preaching of other Faiths should subsequently be banned in Stormwind.

The councilors faith is the teaching of Anethion. This is everything he believes in. For him believing in the church of light is Heresy and actually punishable by the abbot and the High inquisitor in the form of Torture and even death.

5) I believe that we must at all times remain true to our Faith and our Values and not betray the very soul of humanity for momentary pragmatic gain.

This proposal simple mean, Have faith and follow the rules we give you even if they are silly wrong or outright stupid. or be punished.

Signed:
Brother Osmand Lightguard.
Glory Under the Light.

Now be intelligent Citizens of Stormwind sons and Daughters of the Alliance. If you wish to stay free of the rule of tyranny rise up an tell the council to ban the faith of the Anethions from our City walls! They are nothing but a plague and have their eyes set upon our glorious kingdom that we have build for many generations! The Children are our Future as the matron mother of the Stormwind Orphanage says do not give it freely to the hands of the Chapter

And be weary Arathorian, Kaldorei, Draenei, Dwarf, Gnome or any other member who may read this. Once they have claimed Stormwind they will not stop to walk their faith into your cities town and churches.

And Remember proud children of the alliance : Chapters rule number one : -Innocence Proves nothing-

(( This is the first time i ever really tried to make anything of a poster of any sort for any RP event. So please read it all through and point out mistakes if you will! Also i would like to state IC'ly this can not be related to Rhebeca in any way as she had been careful with posting these. ))

Back to top Go down

Rise for freedom! Empty Re: Rise for freedom!

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri May 14, 2010 10:36 pm

Has been bested.. /for shame

Last edited by Anaei on Sat May 15, 2010 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri May 14, 2010 11:06 pm

(( Im still confused, as the minister sections are divided in Culture and Health, and Education. Not Education and Culture Razz ))
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri May 14, 2010 11:25 pm

Mandui notices the poster, briefly skimming over the text as she adjusts her gloves around her hands. Smirking faintly, she resumes her walk towards the mailbox.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Fri May 14, 2010 11:29 pm

I'm confused...

Who's the new minister?
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Sat May 15, 2010 12:20 am

Aye, how do you get Education AND Culture? And btw agreed with top, who is the minister education and culture? Anyways I'm a little saddened because I'm applying for Minister of Education this tuesday Sad

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 15, 2010 1:51 am

Keep up to date, but nontheless. For slackers.

Signed:
Brother Osmand Lightguard.
Glory Under the Light.

Hint hint?

Also, this wasn't Chapter propaganda Anaei. This was anti, for once. <3
Also.

*She snarls before ripping the middle of the poster down and placing a small piece of paper in it's place with the writing, "Zealots follow demons. Further proof."*

>

< A large poster has been stapled to the Cathedral doors, Stormwinds keep doors,The Hall of Mysteries in Ironforge and the entrance of the Council room doors. The letter large for all to see from quite some distance and easy to read. The edges are engraved with faint shimmering runes, Foiling any simple attempt of ripping them to shreds them or removing them. Even anything attempting to block the sunlight or moonlight from these poster will soon find the bloackade to burn with arcane magic. >

Edit;
Awesome post Rhebeca. I'll post a IC reaction tomorrow after some sleep.
*follows Mandui to the mailbox. WAITWUT?!*

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhenchu Sat May 15, 2010 1:58 am

*was brought a copy of this by one of his Alliance spies*
*Reads the copy, in his huge, expensive chair in Silvermoon*
''Everything is going as planned... A couple of months, maybe only weeks more and the population of Stormwind will be divided, then we'll deal with them... Plesky! Send word to the infiltrators that we'll see them soon.''

*Turns back to the copy, and nods in silence*

(I like it, I've heard much about the hate to the ''Chapter'' for their methods and actions) Smile
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet
Name: Rhenchu
Title: Brewmaster of Kalimdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sat May 15, 2010 1:45 pm

*Walks by the poster, actually stoping right next to it. Searching his jacket for a cigar. Finding out he's out, cursing loudly he wobbles along. Again missing a important poster. Perhaps it's time for a new monocle.*
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Sat May 15, 2010 2:30 pm

*Opon see'ing the poster, Elizabeth stops and begins reading slowly and carefully. After a few minutes, she nods*
''Well thats great! Whoever did this deserves a medal, i'd buy 'em a drink if I knew who they were.''

EDIT : Right-e-o, I seemingly forgot to do D.D's response for the lulz. So here it is.

*D.D see's the poster, stops and looks up at it. Anyone else would think he is reading it, but that is not the case. He is purely looking at the paper, thinking it looks tasty, and merely thinking the writing is flavoring, so he doesnt bother reading it. After a few minutes he hops up and tries to take a bite off of it, merely to be zapped away by the Arcane spell. Despite it barely hurting, he lets out a yelp from the suprise, and simply runs away quickly.*
''Oh El! I miss you so! I'll get them damned Twilight's for killing you, El! But im hungry right now!''
*D.D quickly runs into the orphanage, grabs a cookie, and runs into the city streets once more, who know's what he's upto now...*
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmand Sat May 15, 2010 2:54 pm

-upon reading the poster Osmand sighs as he clearly states that the Teaching of Anethion is not going to be taught in his proposals-

If only people would take the time to properly read them.
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet
Name: Brother Osmand Lightguard
Title: Abbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sat May 15, 2010 2:55 pm

OOC:

Well done on your first attempt at writing a poster! It was very entertaining and has definitely peaked my interest ;).
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Sat May 15, 2010 2:55 pm

( Ohai Ossy, about damned time you joined the forum! )
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sat May 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Awesome-o.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Osmand wrote:-upon reading the poster Osmand sighs as he clearly states that the Teaching of Anethion is not going to be taught in his proposals-

If only people would take the time to properly read them.

It does.. Where? *Grin*

Anyway thanks for all the replies!

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmand Sat May 15, 2010 3:10 pm

woopsie i did forget to put in my proposals, fail on my part their is ment to be a bit in em saying it is the orthodox teaching of the light xD ))
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet
Name: Brother Osmand Lightguard
Title: Abbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat May 15, 2010 5:53 pm

It was stated during council, by Osmand -and- Chapter that Osmand will be teaching the Light of Faol.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat May 15, 2010 6:13 pm

-Geldar reads through the poster and bursts out laughing, then posts another poster over it-

Spoiler:
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 16, 2010 9:14 am

Imanuel wrote:It was stated during council, by Osmand -and- Chapter that Osmand will be teaching the Light of Faol.

Yeah but with maelmoor and Osmand in it you soon could have a third person in it, and then you could vote to change it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun May 16, 2010 9:29 am

Rhebeca wrote: Yeah but with maelmoor and Osmand in it you soon could have a third person in it, and then you could vote to change it!

Then you are panicking too SOON!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sun May 16, 2010 12:02 pm

*Jomir walks past the Temple, noticing the large poster hanging from the wall, proceeding to gently take it off*

Ack! This be fer Ironforge notices! I'll put this in tha' Stormwind section right away..

*Jomir tosses the poster into the brazier*
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 16, 2010 2:38 pm

Jomir Howlhammer wrote:*Jomir walks past the Temple, noticing the large poster hanging from the wall, proceeding to gently take it off*

Ack! This be fer Ironforge notices! I'll put this in tha' Stormwind section right away..

*Jomir tosses the poster into the brazier*

L2read ;|

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Mon May 17, 2010 10:19 am

Dwarves cant read, we assume!
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon May 17, 2010 2:28 pm

Know what those runes tell me? He knew it'd be torn down. He knows he's not accepted! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down