Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the attention of the Silvermoon council and reining chairs of the state

+6
Nessra Sunwhisper
Sabien
Kristeas Sunbinder
Xen-tau
erwtenpeller
Nathaira
10 posters

Go down

For the attention of the Silvermoon council and reining chairs of the state Empty For the attention of the Silvermoon council and reining chairs of the state

Post by Nathaira Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 am

*The letter is headed with an illustrious almost mechanical crest, with gold letters G,R & S, at its centre. It would have been posted to those concerned*

Lords, Magisters & Councillors

I write to you requesting information and potential acquisition, on behalf of my client, as to the ownership and current plans for the Ruins of Silvermoon or parts thereof as its current status appears to be abandoned and infested with vagrants.

The client wishes to offer full investment into the ruins for potential community redevelopment, both residential and commercial in nature, for the benefit of the Quel'thalas as a whole.

The Silvermoon council and chair if the proposal and permission was granted, would authorise my client to purchase compulsorily the land and the new
rights over the land therein for the purposes of:

a) The improvement of the property (ies) and the surrounding paths and access routes of the area.
b) To allow the application for planning permission beyond permitted development for the overall restoration and renovation of the properties and area of the Ruins of Silvermoon for community benefit.

If the council or one of its subsidiaries hold a freehold or leasehold interest in this land, you are invited, within 28 days of the date of this letter,
to make any comments you wish to make to me, on behalf of my client, and to send me any other information you consider would be relevant.

My client therefore wishes to submit a Public Request to Order Disposal and for anyone with tenure to come forward with immediate effect.
If the land is without ownership or belongs to the council my client proposes and submits to resolve such problems by means of private treaty for ownership.

Yours Faithfully
Morpath Gimblehoust

Gimblehoust, Rockthropet & Son Lawyers, Solicitors & Representatives
Nathaira
Nathaira

Character sheet
Name: Preceptor Nathaira Meadows
Title:

http://the-college-of-revenants.enjin.com/home

Back to top Go down

For the attention of the Silvermoon council and reining chairs of the state Empty Re: For the attention of the Silvermoon council and reining chairs of the state

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:14 am

(( I don't think you need permission from a player council to role-play in the broken part of the city. ))
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

For the attention of the Silvermoon council and reining chairs of the state Empty Re: For the attention of the Silvermoon council and reining chairs of the state

Post by Nathaira Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 am

((OOC: No but officially to "own" it? Just thought it was a nice way to get the ball rolling))
Nathaira
Nathaira

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:24 am

(( There are two ways to "own" something in wow:

- Role-play a faction obviously connected to the location, like the Blood Knights and the Hall of Blood.
- Role-play somewhere frequently, until it becomes well known that it is "your" turf, and this gets integrated in server consensus.

I think all the turf drama on alliance side should have proven by now that "owning" something just does not work. It's not supported by the game.

---

Disregard this little rant if you just really want to engage in a role-playing experience based on council-play and land ownership. I just want to urge you not to do this because of some weird out of character obligation to a player-run council. ))
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaira Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:33 am

((OOC: Regardless of outcome I wanted to make it more official than most but yes the intention was to RP there whatever and we have already been doing so. I just want to give people the opportunity to interact/debate if they want to and to make the process a much more realistic one.

I am well aware that land cannot be officially owned but its more a case of respect and as you mentioned server consensus. For instance the Cult are associated with Deathknell, CoR, KoL, CoS and others are associated with the UC, Sin Belore, BKG with Silvermoon.. but technically it doesn't stop any one else claiming the space to use for RP. I also have no idea as to the turf wars on the Alliance since I only play Horde

Like I say just adding to the realism of the thing. Nathaira will do what she will do regardless! Smile )
Nathaira
Nathaira

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:35 am

(( Alright, carry on then! ))
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:44 am

Aishling walks into the Magisterium, with the mail for that day. She opens the first one, a request to bring a demonically enchanted rune into the city. The second one, a letter from a Sunreaver. The third one, was a formal request to own a piece of land...

"I thought the state owned all the land? Perhaps we can come up with a license of some sort, but actual selling... I don't think we'd vouch for that. Then again, I am not part of the council... but I still think we shouldn't do this."
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:59 pm

((The precendent is that the SMC council does not deal with ownership of land. From both IC and OOC views I'd say the land belongs to the state unless former owners show up.))
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:38 pm

(( I dislike guilds claiming ownership of anything. No problem if they want to make it their rp base but to then harass others that may also want to use it for their rp is unfair (not saying these guys will but I've been harassed before for using a place some guild deemed theirs).

I'm afraid I don't have a huge respect for ownership of anything in game unless so by lore, such as the BK HQ or the UC Apothecarium.

I've an alt in a guild that IC'ly has links to a building in the ruins, be a shame to lose my rp around that because someone else decides they own it for example.

Can't people just rp around an area without having some sort of IC ownership that others have to abide by? ))

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Wise words.

For the attention of the Silvermoon council and reining chairs of the state Hats-off1
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaira Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:55 pm

((OOC: Ok....To clarify I'm not claiming ownership the character was trying to buy it rather like, Dareil, for instance who "owns" the Wayfarers Rest does....I was using this as a basis for an RP event I would like to run....

I am sorry for the ownership RP you had in the past Aril....and I assure you this would not be the case with me and tbh if you yourself "own" it or use it why did you not reply to the letter....The letter is calling for any known records of ownership ICly.

Also would appreciate if you addressed me as well!

Also this is NOTHING really to do with a guild or the guild I am associated with.

I was hoping this would spark some realistic RP.))
Nathaira
Nathaira

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:27 pm

I'm all for realistic RP, Fel knows we need it at the moment. I agree with Arli for the most part and I too have the same links with the ruins. The reason the letter was not replied to was that we don't purport to own anywhere and even if we did there are very valid IC reasons why a letter would not be responded to. I have no problem at all with anyone else rp'ing in the area, in fact I would welcome it provided it wasn't *god emote* "get out i own this"
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaira Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:51 pm

(( OOC: Thank you very much for all your input. I guess I shall just RP there and see what happens. The only problems I have with no response is the fact that the character may just go ahead and build there unknowingly, if there was no claiming or objection. This was just a simple call for clarification and for potenial planning permission, in fact to prevent god emoting and to add maturity. I am quite surprised the community has reacted so as this is standard practice IRL. I was actually just expecting the council or officials to write back with its owned by the state or by X or it’s not for sale tbh and I love Aishling’s response that perhaps it could be a licencing thing. And yes before anyone gets me on that one I know a player base cannot dictate that but then if they can’t who will? We all invest a certain level of trust in each other, i.e. people believe my character is a Professor, the councillors are believed to be the councillors or ruling bodies of the state, the guards are believed to have authority over the citizens and if that breaks down then where does that leave RP?

I assure you this was all done in jest and that the RP which will follow will be open to all, indeed encouraged to be open to all. I wanted actually to get most of the silvermoon/surrounding citizens involved in its restoration.

I believe this is a sad day for RP.))
Nathaira
Nathaira

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:57 pm

I don't think anyone is against you building an RP base there at all. The problem is I think that because of the attitudes of some "owners" of property in Silvermoon has left a lot of serious rp'ers with a sour taste in their mouths.
RP was ruined in Silvermoon by the previous inn "owner". I say go for building there unknowingly if you don't get an IC response. If our paths cross there so much the better.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaira Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:00 pm

((OOC: Agreed! I look forward to it! Smile ))

Nathaira
Nathaira

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:42 pm

((The "state" owns the bar. Everyone just knows the bar is run by... It happened, nobody asked. Sin Belore and their base, same story. It's owned by the state and it's still a library! Sin Belore just happened to have their tents their.))
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:54 pm

For the attention of the Silvermoon council and reining chairs of the state A_map_10

((I'm personally using the location marked with a pink dot quite often, but it's not really a building. Just a locked door.
I believe one of the buildings in the middle are being used too, so the ruins aren't really "empty". People still RP there.))
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Celistra Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:15 pm

(I sometimes use the buildings there, for different matters, and will keep doing so, but we can all share Very Happy )
Celistra
Celistra

Character sheet
Name: Celistra Silverstrike
Title: Captain of Sin Belore, Councilor of War of Silvermoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaira Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:38 pm

((OOC: indeed share and share alike! Haven't seen any of you guys but hey will make the RP interesting!))
Nathaira
Nathaira

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Sabien wrote:Fel knows...

(( YES, I TOTALLY DO! ))
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Feltrand Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Farelin/Dijie wrote:

(( YES, I TOTALLY DO! ))

((sorry what do i know?))
Feltrand
Feltrand

Location : Fort Raven's Hold in Frostfire - Hillsbrad foothills - Silvermoon - Shattrath

Character sheet
Name: Feltrand Ravensun
Title: Chronomancer Magister Artist

http://feltrandravensunart.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Feltrand wrote:
Farelin/Dijie wrote:

(( YES, I TOTALLY DO! ))

((sorry what do i know?))

((What did I miss guys?))
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaira Tue May 07, 2013 11:55 am

*The letter is headed with an illustrious almost mechanical crest, with gold letters G,R & S, at its centre. It would have been posted to those concerned and put on noticeboards across Silvermoon*

Lords, Magisters & Councillors and indeed citizens of Silvermoon,

My client has waited patiently for a response regarding the ownership of the Ruins of Silvermoon. On further reflection my client would like to offer a grant to the state or otherwise once more for its restoration, but once restored for the buildings to be publicly available. My client only wishes to have the best interests of the citizens of Silvermoon at heart.

My client believes this would be of great benefit to all, and calls for any known tradesmen or otherwise who would be interested in this restoration to make themselves known by return of post to me. Also for any currently residing in the ruins or indeed interested parties, please also get in contact as your input would be greatly appreciated to shape this proposal and its potential success.

Yours Faithfully,

Morpath Gimblehoust

Gimblehoust, Rockthropet & Son Lawyers, Solicitors & Representatives
Nathaira
Nathaira

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down