Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The state of Scholomance

2 posters

Go down

The state of Scholomance Empty The state of Scholomance

Post by Althaløs Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:09 pm

Greetings, and I hope this day treats you all well.

As one would know, in MoP Scholomance is being revamped slightly and becoming a heroic. Why I am bringing this up is because I'd like to hear the opinions/thoughts of people regarding Scholomance lore-wise prior to this change and leading up to it.

Basically my thoughts are revolving around whether this change is due to Scholomance being ICly re-constructed because of it being disrupted multiple of times in the past (through vanilla, tbc, wotlk and the slight re-vamp in cata), or is it that it was never raided or seen by any opposing force until MoP; that the state it is in MoP is the state it was always in.

One could say that it is being under re-construction due to past disruptions, and that its leaders could have been fought but never completely defeated. But one could argue that it has never been raided, or perhaps that the Scholomance state in MoP is the state it was supposed to be in directly after the events of the war in Andorhal; that after WotLk it was being prepared and so on (which is at the moment where my personal opinion is leaning more towards).

I know of course that the actual layout of the place did not ICly change because places don't just suddenly shrink, but more of wondering of its IC state due to past events.

The reason I ask is, because in the case of a "change" actually being existent, I'd like to know because I'm thinking of hosting a series of mini-events that could occur which culminates to the return of Scholomance (if it is a 'return') that could include the server. And if it will occur, Scholomance's return will of course happen regardless of my ideas, but I thought it could be nice to hold something fun - not so drastic or big. And it could not work out ICly the way intended but it would still be fun and could provide some nice RP ^^ (I could even host the events even if there is no actual lore progression in its state, seeing as if lore-wise we suddenly grabbed the attention to be opposed in Scholomance, it could deserve some mini events!)

So basically I'm asking what do people think is the state of Scholomance at the current moment (the question could even apply to the Scarlet Monastery)? I have not been lucky with finding any indication of such, or perhaps I did not search in the right place.

Any opinions or feedback would be appreciated.
And thanks for taking the time to read this.

P.S: Sorry if my post was a bit long.
Althaløs
Althaløs

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The state of Scholomance Empty Re: The state of Scholomance

Post by Skarain Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:00 pm

The place have been raided, but the catacombs are deep. And since there are Scourgies who can be rezzed (somewhat) easily. For example the new lich 'could' have been hiding deeper in the crypts below just to bring people back to life. We do not know though, since official lore have not been given.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Althaløs Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Yeh, true.

And yeh, I might just have to wait until official lore is released and then would be able to know all the details.
Althaløs
Althaløs

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down