Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross-Realms. Which Server can you Invite from and To?

+13
Coppersocket
Cid
siegmund
Arkil
The Z
Allonia_Miral
Grufftoof
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Thondalar Stormleaf
Lexgrad
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Xen-tau
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cross-Realms. Which Server can you Invite from and To? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cross-Realms. Which Server can you Invite from and To?

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:22 am

Arkil wrote:I saw it confirmed somewhere that the lower level character will phase into the higher's realm, but if they are equal level, then the person who sends the invitation should still be on their own server. Also I believe that Stormwind and Orgrimmar are both phased so you can't see your cross-server party member in either of those cities.

Besides that it should work on every server, as long as you have Real-ID.

Ark's Partner is currently not on DB so we have to RP cross realm.

This is not true. I was Level 85 and the AD one was only level 7, and I phased into AD, and flew him to his friends at another spot. On AD. So there is no change in level. I have always had it that the one that invites is the realm you go to.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Cross-Realms. Which Server can you Invite from and To? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cross-Realms. Which Server can you Invite from and To?

Post by Coppersocket Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Just because that happened to you doesn't mean it's not necessarily true, Sim. It could also have with the population of the server to do. High Pop > Low Pop, as when I've tried inviting myself from DB to Sporregar, we stayed on DB.

It probably has several factors it takes into account.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:34 pm

I meant the thing that the lower level character will phase into the higher's realm.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:01 am

Yes and I'm saying that you claim that he is saying false information is not accurate.

You had a roll of the dice where you were sent to their server, however whenever I've tested this function, that has -never- happened and I've tested several servers as seen in this thread's list. So the probability of you going to the lower level's realm is exceedingly low.

To further prove this point, as I've stated before.
I invited Logwell, my 32 Rogue into a group on a character I temporarily made on AD, a DK to be exact to make sure I was above his level.
Inviting him (Logwell), despite still being in the DK zone, Logwell got sent to AD.

However, as fast as I tried inviting Ralegh on the DK, it refused it. Continously.
So I sent ownership of the group over to Logwell, however nothing changed, we were still on AD.

Tried inviting Ralegh into the group on Logwell, and as fast as he was in the group, everyone, including the DK was sent to DB immediately, as fast as Ralegh left, I was sent back to AD immediately with both characters.

I believe Level and iLevel both have a very large factor in deciding where to go, however they're not the only things it decides upon.

More than likely it also counts how big each server is compared to one another, favoring the high pop over the low pop as well as who is indeed the initial party leader.

Once in a while it might just not go as you expect, but most of the time, it seems you -can- manipulate these things to a degree.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:52 pm

So to extend my research upon this further I created two level ones. One on AD, one on DB.

First of all, I'd like to say that this "CRZ cooldown" that you folks spoke of, is complete and utter bullshit. It doesn't exist, and there is no proof of it's existence, however there is proof of it Not existing.

So first, I /invite testytwo@defiasbrotherhood with my AD character. Worked fine, the DB character was immediately transported to AD.

Left the party, switched client to the DB character, did the same thing.
/invite testytwo@argentdawn
Worked perfectly, do note that this was less than two minutes between. The AD character was immediately transported to DB.

I did this two, three times to see the chances, and whoever did the invite, was the one who stayed on their server.

So I though to myself. How to test this iLevel theory of mine? Well, simple really. I went over to my DB character with the warrior, gave him 20s and relogged the character on AD.

Now there was a iLevel difference, the AD character had 0 iLevel while the DB had 5. Did the same thing again with no different results. Now, I've not been able to test this with level 90 characters with a larger space of iLevels, as I do not know anyone on AD.

So, despite the testing, my reason to believe that iLevel has some affect on chosen person remains until I've been able to experiment further with this.

However, if anything, I've proven that there's no "cooldown" on CRZ, and there probably never has been or will be.

I can also note that ANY attempts I've made at a lower level inviting a higher level to another realm has been completely one sided. I've tested this very much with many characters and the result has Always been the same.
The higher level character is the one who stays.

If you know someone on AD or any other server that would be able to aid in this research, then feel free to contact me immediately in game. I'm mostly on my priest Coppersockét.
As CRZ is a extremely neat feature, I really want to understand how it works, so that we can use it as we desire to spread our RP beyond the borders of this server.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:35 pm

I have some low levels on ally ad. On horde I have some 90s if it helps.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Unfortunately not.
I have two 90's on Alliance and a level 85 Horde. Either works as long as they're the same level.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:35 am

Right, so tested it with one of my lovely friends who happened to have a level 85 Panda on Xavius.

Our iLevel was quite great as I still have PVP gear from when Cata was active on the Hunter.

The result? Same as the level 1's. The inviter stayed. Which shoots a hole in my iLevel theory.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Cross-Realm Destination Realm
There is a purposeful non-specific determination in who is taken to which realm in order to dissuade large groups of people from intentionally targeting a single realm for nefarious activities. Unfortunately it does have the side effect of impacting some of the good uses for cross-realm play, like inviting a friend to help with something that exists on one realm but not the other. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Soooo yeah. No rules.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:31 pm

All the testing I've done prove otherwise. I don't take Blizzards words for granted, they've been known to not know how their own damn system works before.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:28 pm

Coppersocket wrote:I don't take Blizzards words for granted, they've been known to not know how their own damn system works before.

Precisely that. They implement stuff they don't know if it will work or not, and we get stuck with the consequences of poor testing...
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu May 30, 2013 3:44 pm

I'm going to bump this up as it's going to be relevant yesterday, today, and every single day forward until the servers close.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:58 pm

I'm bumping this up (again), since it's always relevant.

Don't forget to use this function people.
I'm considering contacting several guilds on AD and give you guys a list of what guys to contact for what type of RP, so it becomes easier to get in contact with their server.

Equally I might do something similar for them.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Autobutt Copper wrote:
I'm considering contacting several guilds on AD and give you guys a list of what guys to contact for what type of RP, so it becomes easier to get in contact with their server.
This is a good idea, though the practicalities of making cross server events might actually be quite complicated. I know that AD has some rather different conventions when it comes to RP that people here might not agree with.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:59 am

Paia/Jenit wrote:
Autobutt Copper wrote:
This is a good idea, though the practicalities of making cross server events might actually be quite complicated. I know that AD has some rather different conventions when it comes to RP that people here might not agree with.
Care to elaborate(unless it's about 'PVP rules')?
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:05 am

Tuomas/Decurius wrote:
Paia/Jenit wrote:
Autobutt Copper wrote:
They go in full white quality gear and only auto attack eachother.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:00 am

Aka, they re-enact PvP, sorta like war-reenactors. They don't practice it!½
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:34 am

Tuomas/Decurius wrote:
Paia/Jenit wrote:
Autobutt Copper wrote:
Well, there was the time someone pestered me for an hour because I had the temerity to cast blessing of fortitude on them and the absolutely had to tell me how this made me a power-emoting bad rper.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Paia/Jenit wrote:
Tuomas/Decurius wrote:
Well, there was the time someone pestered me for an hour because I had the temerity to cast blessing of fortitude on them and the absolutely had to tell me how this made me a power-emoting bad rper.
That's horribly wrong... Rp and game mechanics should be one together Razz
I know of the absurd rules about PVP on AD, and are somewhat understandable: they allow participants of any level, and allow for actual rp during the battle(aside of only before and after). At the same time I myself despite not liking PVP I find them somewhat lame, creating a huge edge separation between the game and the rp.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:33 pm

If you are spending more time on an RP forum than a PvP forum then you have a priority list. In this priority list, roleplay comes before PvP.

I've used the AD system for over 2 years with guilds that it was easy to organize with (contact being the key issue) and most of the battles turned out to be far more interesting than the PvP ones with the same guilds.

It was even asked, from the people involved which was more enjoyed and frequently to be shown that auto-attacking with a health cap was a far more enjoyable for the majority of those involved.

Though I suppose in hindsight, every RP-PvP battle no matter what gear or rules you are using is all about being connected to your co-organizer, they only tend to get shit if the two people organizing the entire thing are not communicating properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:49 pm

I suppose this'll have to do for now.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3484160698
It's not a very good list, even if it's massive.

If there's anything specific genres anyone would want to have checked up on, I could investigate for them, if people are interested.

For now I'm thinking of looking into the Gnomish, Dwarven and Troll part of AD. See if there's any proper scene for either.
Not sure to what specifics I'd look for tho.

Edit: I got in contact with some Gnome guild "Gnomish Rescue Squad."
Seems there's some dedication to it, given by how their website looks. I might consider talking to their GM about joining one of their events to get a grip of what they're about and just how good their members are.

I have a feeling I'll have to put on my safari hat and actually make this stuff a part of my AD diary. Interesting!
I'll try do this with more guilds, could be fun.
Link to their homepage, if anyone's curious:
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Tuomas/Decurius wrote:
Paia/Jenit wrote:
Tuomas/Decurius wrote:
I know of the absurd rules about PVP on AD, and are somewhat understandable
This wasn't in PvP, I was just out and about in the world and cast Fort on someone.

As to Gnomish Rescue Squad I actually have a character sitting in that guild, not really achieving very much. They're pretty fun but sometimes have a little too much high-school drama style RP for my taste.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Well. I'll look into it at least. I'll keep your words in mind, if you feel like making me company, I'd be more than happy to have you. I imagine I'm going to need a lot of help for this.

(We'll see how far I get. I might get bored of this project. But it may be very fun to just get a better understanding of AD too.)
Edit: I've already decided that humans can go fuck themselves, I ain't supporting finding human guilds. We got enough of those on DB anyway.

The reason for this is simply to enhance the RP for the scenes that aren't large on our server, while trying to maintain a sense of quality.
That means, that each guild I'll list will nee to be "tested" before actually posted here, meaning I'll dig into the guild myself to some degree, or have someone else do it, and evaluate the experience. If it was bad, then that's a no-go.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2