Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross-Realms. Which Server can you Invite from and To?

+13
Coppersocket
Cid
siegmund
Arkil
The Z
Allonia_Miral
Grufftoof
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Thondalar Stormleaf
Lexgrad
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Xen-tau
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cross-Realms. Which Server can you Invite from and To? Empty Cross-Realms. Which Server can you Invite from and To?

Post by Coppersocket Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:36 pm

I can't remember if I made a thread about this before, but I believe I did not.
As I found myself pondering upon what realms we -can- invite to, as I have encountered the fact that it has not been possible, before. So I complied a list of what realms WE can invite from.
There are some x realm > Defias, but I didn't put high priority in it as I felt it needless, but people are free to fill in with more.

Defias > Sporregar: No
Sporregar > Defias: Yes

Defias > Venture: yes
Venture> Defias: Yes

Defias > Argent: Yes
Argent> Defias: Yes

Defias > Darkmoon: Yes
Darkmoon> Defias: Yes

Defias > Ravenholdt: Yes
Ravenholdt > Defias:

Defias > Scarshield: Yes
Scarshield > Defias:

Defias > Earthen: Yes

Defias > Steamwheedle: Yes

Defias > Sha'tar: No
Sha'tar > Defias: Yes

Defias > Moonglade: Yes

Last edited by Coppersocket on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Cross-Realms. Which Server can you Invite from and To? Empty Re: Cross-Realms. Which Server can you Invite from and To?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Wait so the real ID feature doesn't actually work on every realm? That's odd. : /

Back to top Go down

Cross-Realms. Which Server can you Invite from and To? Empty Re: Cross-Realms. Which Server can you Invite from and To?

Post by Xen-tau Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:53 pm

I play with my Horde char on a Darkmoon server from time to time. So that's possible.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:18 am

You don't necessarily need real ID or battletag. You can also just /invite name@server
Same goes for whispers and other such functions really.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:21 am

Worked with all realms for me thus far, but there's a 50/50 chance for being ported to either of the two realms. Think they implented that as a countermeasure to people doing world bosses, killing rares and such on lower population realms.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:44 am

DB to AD works both ways.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:46 am

Works with all realms so far. If you wanna go somewhere, the person on that realm have to invite you. I was on Dragonblight on my hunter. Had a friend on AD invite me, and POP we were both on AD.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03 am

Simaria wrote:Works with all realms so far. If you wanna go somewhere, the person on that realm have to invite you. I was on Dragonblight on my hunter. Had a friend on AD invite me, and POP we were both on AD.

It's a 50/50 chance regardless of who it is that throws out invitations. It could've ended up with your friend having gotten ported into your realm.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:25 am

I invited some Pandaren from Argent Dawn once. It worked like a charm! I'm probably going to ask them to do the same for me at some point. Much cheaper and a lot less permanent than a migration.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:05 am

Gor'Thrak Frosthowl wrote:
Simaria wrote:Works with all realms so far. If you wanna go somewhere, the person on that realm have to invite you. I was on Dragonblight on my hunter. Had a friend on AD invite me, and POP we were both on AD.

It's a 50/50 chance regardless of who it is that throws out invitations. It could've ended up with your friend having gotten ported into your realm.
So with this 50/50 chance... If you try again, does it make a new chance, or what? I've tried crossrealming to AD, but they just got pulled to Defias. Does character level weigh in at any place?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:09 am

erwtenpeller wrote:
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl wrote:

So with this 50/50 chance... If you try again, does it make a new chance, or what? I've tried crossrealming to AD, but they just got pulled to Defias. Does character level weigh in at any place?

There's an internal cooldown, not sure exactly how long it is though. Think it was either 30 minutes or 1 hour. And I doubt it.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:27 am

Character level was a mooted reason for the server is chosen. And certainly seems to fit in with some testing a guildie tried. One max level DB character with 3 low level RiD friends and they were ported here. One max DB level character and one max level RiD friend and two other RiD's at lower level and the DB player was ported.

I assume it's some average of levels to determine the server, but only if there isn't one sole max level player (in which case their server always is chosen).

Having said that, it could be due to the DBQ for all I know...
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:58 am

I've always been told it's determined by who has the highest ilvl.

Who knows though. I wish they print it somewhere obvious.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:13 am

Allonia_Miral wrote:I've always been told it's determined by who has the highest ilvl.

Who knows though. I wish they print it somewhere obvious.

That's wrong atleast, I've invited the same people several times and it's not always the same result.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 am

Hmm shame. Would be practical if it were easier to control it somewhat.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:38 am

To be fair, it was never intended to bring people to a certain realm and hang around there. It was intended for people from different realms to be able to group up, traverse the world and do instances together. And for that, this works perfectly fine.

I'd have expected the group to be transferred to the lowest population realm involved, to be honest, since the other function of cross-realm was to bring the life back to underpopulated areas and realms.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:58 pm

I probably would've forgot about this thing existing by now, if it wouldn't have been for one random player appearing in Thunder Bluff a few days ago. Not that I ever cared much for it, but I guess I was still somewhat interested in seeing if it would've spiked up the activity a lot in some zones...

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:00 pm

The Marauders are hanging out in Booty Bay at the moment, and for us it's been great. The old Marauders on The Venture Co still exists, and booty bay is crossrealmed with Venture Co, so both marauders and Defias and Venture Co and play with each other seamlessly!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:00 pm

Also worth noting is that you -can- invite yourself, through the method I said. As I have two accounts I've been able to try this out. I though it was impossible at first, but though giving it a go, as I knew it worked with Whispers through simply trying.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkil Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:34 pm

I saw it confirmed somewhere that the lower level character will phase into the higher's realm, but if they are equal level, then the person who sends the invitation should still be on their own server. Also I believe that Stormwind and Orgrimmar are both phased so you can't see your cross-server party member in either of those cities.

Besides that it should work on every server, as long as you have Real-ID.

Ark's Partner is currently not on DB so we have to RP cross realm.
Arkil
Arkil

Character sheet
Name: Arkil Stormfeather
Title: Keeper

http://www.alexandashley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:03 pm

As previously stated, no RealID or Battletag needed.
But yes, level requirement.
Also something noteworthy, if you're on DB with a crossrealm friend, say your friend is level 30, and you're level 60ish, and you try invite someone higher level than you from the same server that the 30 is from, then it may refuse to invite them.

If it goes through, you'll immediately be taken to their server. I'm unsure if number of people from server x has anything to do with the lottery, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

And yes, iLevel does have something to do with it actually. Back when this was implemented in Cata, we tried to invite people over to AD, it worked for everyone but me, as I had a higher iLevel than the party leader, as fast as I joined we went back to DB, as fast as I left, they went to AD.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:16 pm

And yes, iLevel does have something to do with it actually. Back when this was implemented in Cata, we tried to invite people over to AD, it worked for everyone but me, as I had a higher iLevel than the party leader, as fast as I joined we went back to DB, as fast as I left, they went to AD.

Then how come I've invited the same person about 10 times and 3 of the times I got ported to his realm while we were of the same level and I was (And still am) much better geared?
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:25 pm

Perhaps mechanics have changed then. I dunno. Was the only explaination for me.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:41 am

The real mystery is: Why doesn't blizzard have this written down in detail somewhere?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:16 am

erwtenpeller wrote:The real mystery is: Why doesn't blizzard have this written down in detail somewhere?

Maybe they don't want us to know how it works?! Maybe they just don't want us to find loopholes and use it in some ways they don't want us to. *shrug*
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next