Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for an IC book, OOC open work for everyone

4 posters

Go down

Idea for an IC book, OOC open work for everyone Empty Idea for an IC book, OOC open work for everyone

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:45 pm

Some of you already know IC my main char, Decurius, possesses a book, whose title is ‘Light Lost’, which is for him a sort of fetish. The book, which started as a sort of comic relief in a very dire situation(Dec was in prison and risked his unlife) became a trait of my char, something not overplayed but at the same time there, latent. And the more I was thinking of it, trying to define what exactly the book is, what’s written in it and what it means or could mean, the more this idea grew up on my mind.

What idea? Simple as that: wow is full of pop and cultural references. Sometimes, more often than not, we make our chars do them ourselves, referencing a movie, a song, a poem, or whatever. Sometimes though it’s really felt to have an in-game IC source for some of those, and I think this book could be a sort of solution and compendium for some of them, like an anthology. The structure of the book is then very open to those who want to contribute, the only hint of a plot is just(at least for how I thought of it) a sort of Divine Comedy kind of thing, in which the protagonist, lost in sin, roams the spirit world to find out and attain redemption, through the advices of the spirits of the dead. Those spirits can be those of lore character, but even those of our chars. Doesn’t mean what they say it is necessarily what the effective char would say. IC, Light Lost is a work of fiction, as much as the Divine Comedy was. Such a structure would allow everyone and anyone to add something to it in a very free way, and even make his/hers personal copy of the book(who says that there could not be various volumes or different editions in which some parts were added, some rejected and so on?).
So, tell me if the idea is just absurd or not, and perhaps you could throw some ideas for the protagonist name and the author(which could be a pseudonym, of course).
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Idea for an IC book, OOC open work for everyone Empty Re: Idea for an IC book, OOC open work for everyone

Post by Shariah Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:33 am

Greetings!

I really like your idea! - And I fully agree with you in regards of the pop and cultural references. But, must there be one author? Would it not make more sense if there was a bunch of authors. Every chapter a little bit different, not really hanging together and making sense. A protagonist name.. Hmn hmn hmn, I have always loved the name Erasmus. Perhaps that is something.

Have a good day! Very Happy
Shariah
Shariah

Character sheet
Name: Shariah A. Longhill
Title:

Back to top Go down

Idea for an IC book, OOC open work for everyone Empty Re: Idea for an IC book, OOC open work for everyone

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:56 am

Go for it!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:07 pm

In a world of conflict, a baby boy is born in a stable. His mother wrapped him in a blanket, and gave him the name "Anethion", for he would be the Prophet of the Light. In that same world though, and in the same city, and on the very same night, a baby boy was born in a pig-sty. And his mother wrapped him in rags and gave him the name "Erasmus", for he would be a nobody.

Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down