Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITT: Hangover cures!

+11
Maurudin
Nithel
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Cathee Norris
Geldar
Dharum
Grufftoof
Jeanpierre
Muzjhath
Wubeh
Nayan
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ITT: Hangover cures! Empty ITT: Hangover cures!

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:49 am

Seeing I'm hungover as hell, I thought it would be a good idea to post YOUR funny hangover cure here.

I'll start first, given to me by a GM.

ITT: Hangover cures! Gm110

Back to top Go down

ITT: Hangover cures! Empty Re: ITT: Hangover cures!

Post by Nayan Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:05 am

's true.

Other than that: "The best way to avoid ever having a hangover, is to never stop drinking"
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:55 am

Valg nailed it. Though I have been told that being hungover is a sign of getting old, some people have no clue Rolling Eyes

And I have no other cure than to sleep it the fuck off.
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:02 am

My hangovers actually have gotten less and less. When I was 17, I was puking all around the bathroom every other week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:09 am

Drink loads of water, and pee, before falling asleep when shitfaced.
The problem is that well, you're shitfaced so you forget about it and pass out.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:19 am

Part of the problem of a hangover is dehydration and lacking minerals. Drinking some water before going to bed will help (half a liter can do wonders) but this might be quite uncomfortable. Sport drinks (not energy drinks) focusing around rehydration tend to remedy a hangover quicker than just water in my experience.

An upset stomach can be resolved by taking a small amount (say.. 10cl?) of water mixed with coca cola. About 50/50 or a little more water will do. It doesn't taste appealing but it really helps the stomach in a matter of minutes.

Theories I did not test but are guaranteed more effective:
- burning a part of your skin
- punching kittens
- tackling old people.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:42 am

Best cures for me so far:

Food roulette: Making a sandwich with bacon. Keep it in, hangover is gone. Puke, hangover gets worse.

Paprika chips: If you have these, no worries. They're miracle material.

Aquarius: Like JP said, isotone sportdrinks help rehydrating

Vitamin tablets: One of those solvent tablets in your glass of water, headache is gone in 30 mins.

Go out and exercise: Sporting creates endorfines, which (according to popular theory) make you feel better in general during a hangover. Sex helps, and if no female is present, a good wank helps as well.

Sleeping actually can make stuff worse. For me, just getting out of bed and having an early breakfast (See food roulette) is more effective.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:03 am

Staying in bed generally just delays the actually terror feeling. Getting up and out, and "trying" to do something generally helps (even the time I had to get on the Tube in london, so massively hungover I could barely see, and it was sooooo hot... I had to get off in Camden and find somewhere to puke...).

Bacon sandwich - I agree. I tend to try to do "something salty, something meaty, something stodge" - and a bacon sandwich is the best! Keep it in, you win. However, if you fail, find a gun and keep a steady hand.

My version of paprika chips used to be Wheat Crunchies (preferably the spicy tomato ones). Those and isotonic lucozade. Again, something of a roulette.

There's the old things about "never mixing grape and grain" or "wine then beer, feeling queer. beer then wine, feeling fine"... none of which work. I do tend to get worse hangovers if I mix heavily. Or if I smoke "real" cigarettes instead of rollups. Dry-ice in clubs is another bugger for making my hangovers worse.

So... I guess, force yourself to get out, buy bacon, eat it, buy drink, drink it, buy crisps, eat them. Then, if it's feeling possible, find a pub, find something you didn't drink the night before but you actually like. And drink. Hair of the dog!
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:04 am

My normal stuff is just water, If I forget to drink water before going asleep/passing out I'll feel really shitty in the morning, but I have never even had a "bad" hangover that much, I don't get headache or anything. Usually just feeling damn tired (if I only sleep few hours) and my stomach goes crazy if I drink too much raw vodka.

Exercise helps if you do it carefully, doing a casual stroll is allright but running 5km is not as it stresses your heart alot and can even cause a heart attack.
So heavy exercise is not recommended.

Greasy breakfast is also great if you can just down it. I usually make bacon, eggs and toast and take it down with big cup of black coffee, does miracles.

Once though I didn't have so bad "hangover" but I did get a panic attack later that day and everytime I opened a door w/e I was 100% sure something would be behind it, was quite trippy.
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:34 am

Worst hangover:

Was so sick, I woke up, turned on the tv, got back in bed, feeling extra lousy and watched nickelodeon for 4 hours straight, because I was afraid I'd puke if I moved to pick up the remote lying next to my head.

When I finally got out of bed at 17:00, I puked all over my sink, clogged it up and excavated it by hand somewhere around 22:00.

One day wasted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:42 am

Hah, watching cartoons is addicting when having a hangover.
On my "worst" one me and my friend had been drinking since 8pm and continued pretty much constantly all the way 'till 10 am. We weren't drinking that fast but always had one at hand so we were atleast somewhat drunk,
watched some morning cartoons and despite being horribly tired we laughed at them all the time, then slept few hours and woke around 3.pm to watch a Bratz animated movie.
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:59 am

No, you're missing the point. I watched DORA THE FRIGGIN EXPLORER and YO GABBA GABBA because I couldn't move. In my dictionary, that is torture!

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:06 am

Archal/Hazrah/Vaneyk wrote:Worst hangover:

Was so sick, I woke up, turned on the tv, got back in bed, feeling extra lousy and watched nickelodeon for 4 hours straight, because I was afraid I'd puke if I moved to pick up the remote lying next to my head.

When I finally got out of bed at 17:00, I puked all over my sink, clogged it up and excavated it by hand somewhere around 22:00.

One day wasted.

HAHAHAHA

You made me splurge tea over my keyboard Sad
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:33 am

Best way to get rid of a hangover is to well.. drink with measure. BUT THAT IS NOT FUN IS IT? MOVING ON!

1) Black Coffee, no sugar when you wake up with the headache right after a cold shower.
2) Very greesy breakfast, it is common knowledge that this crap absorbs what is left.
3) To make it more clear, why do you get drunk in the first place? Your liver can absorb only a drink @ hour of say 100ml, rest goes directly into your bloodstream thus effect: Shitface. But eitherway, when you wake up the day after and you realise that you want to amputate your head drink a ice cold beer in the sun if there is sun in the country you live (lol swe) and you`ll be fine.

(Alternativly, medicine: Alkazaltzer, Aspirin etc. Something that cures HEAVY CASE OF SHITFACE HEADACHE.)
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:37 am

I always try to drink half a liter of water before I go to bed/pass out. Hence I think I've only been really hungover once in my entire life.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:00 am

Geldar wrote:Best way to get rid of a hangover is to well.. drink with measure. BUT THAT IS NOT FUN IS IT? MOVING ON!

1) Black Coffee, no sugar when you wake up with the headache right after a cold shower.
2) Very greesy breakfast, it is common knowledge that this crap absorbs what is left.
3) To make it more clear, why do you get drunk in the first place? Your liver can absorb only a drink @ hour of say 100ml, rest goes directly into your bloodstream thus effect: Shitface. But eitherway, when you wake up the day after and you realise that you want to amputate your head drink a ice cold beer in the sun if there is sun in the country you live (lol sweDont ever come to sweden its the worst place ever) and you`ll be fine.

(Alternativly, medicine: Alkazaltzer, Aspirin etc. Something that cures HEAVY CASE OF SHITFACE HEADACHE.)

Drinking with measure is HERESY.

Geldar, I am dissapoint.

Underlined and bolded the stuff you should do everyday.
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:01 am

I know so many good "tricks"... the thing is though, I never remember to actually use them. But yeah, here's a few pointers I've found to work ^^

* Drink water and eat something salty before bed. (the salt will bind the water and decrease the chances of dehydration.)

* slow down the drinking a couple of hours before going to bed. don't insta-stop, but just calm it down a little.

* Eat a -big- breakfast of eggs, backon and a big glass of milk.

* whip out the bubbles (no idea what it's called in english) of a coca cola and drink it. tastes like shit, but removes nausea.

* Get out of bed the minute you wake up, and go for a walk, be active whatever. "hypnotize" your body to ignore the hangover.

these are a few atleast...^Good luck! xD

//Feli
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:02 am

Geldar wrote:Best way to get rid of a hangover is to well.. drink with measure. BUT THAT IS NOT FUN IS IT? MOVING ON!

Just speaking those thoughts is HERESY!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:24 am

Felitzia wrote:I know so many good "tricks"... //Feli
Where's "add Skype Test Call to the conversation"? I can't find that..

drunken
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Nayan is in lo-hove!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Nayan wrote:
Felitzia wrote:I know so many good "tricks"... //Feli
Where's "add Skype Test Call to the conversation"? I can't find that..

drunken

*blushes* I did that...? xD
Gods I can't remember anything of that call... just that my mouse kept falling off the table and that you guys were laughing. Embarassed

Tequila+Skype=Bad idea!
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:25 pm

Too many useless threads, tbh. D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:35 pm

Too many useless swedish warriors tbh

c wut i did thar?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:39 pm

Saihna Trollbane wrote:I always try to drink half a liter of water before I go to bed/pass out. Hence I think I've only been really hungover once in my entire life.

This.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:42 pm

That's not a hangover cure. That's prevention. Now could you please stay on topic Smile))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum