Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public Notice

+9
Melnerag
Drustai
Thelos
Valestrion
Velspeth
Lexgrad
Vaell
Feeniks
Ledgic
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Public Notice Empty Public Notice

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:37 pm

To all Clergy and servants of the Church of Light, subservient to the Three Virtues and the will of the Light, I call upon you all.

The state of the Church has been dire, weakened and broken the clergy struggle to maintain the support of the people and show that our position in society is worthy. For a long time the Church has been undermined by zealots and cultists, but I say no more! No more shall we stand by the weakness of the law to apprehend Light-wielding cultists who infiltrate the Kingdom and spread their lies, no more shall we allow the cultist threat to spread, I say this now brothers and sisters of the Light, we must gather our own strength and protect ourselves when others cannot.

To my fellow members of the clergy, an invitation to hold Clerical Council and discuss matters note-worthy of discussing, all members of the Priesthood are invited to participate; the 16th day of the 12th month at nine bells inside the cathedral shall serve as the time and date for the Clerical Council. Issues will be raised, possible solutions brought up.

Key topics being discussed will involve increasing the amount of sermons dedicated to the Light, and the increase of Light themed functions to primarily enhance the Community of Light and boost the role that the Light may play in the day-to-day lives of all men and women of the Alliance. I hope to see as much as clergy as possibly at this gathering and pray that I do not stand alone, Light Will’s it!

OOC
• Priests of the Church gathering only
• Invitations will be done by calendar
• This event is part of a bigger chain of events as well, getting involved is important from an early stage.
• 16th of December 9:00 @ Cathedral
• GLORY TO THE LIGHT

Invitations have been issued to relevant people.

Back to top Go down

Public Notice Empty Re: Public Notice

Post by Ledgic Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:59 am

Liking the sound of this. I've a priest I'm looking to get active on Rp wise. Send Aerden an invite please!
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:29 am

trying to come there.
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:46 am

I'd come but you've chosen the day of my 21st, so there is no hope in hell of me being there! Good luck with it.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Invitation sent out to Aerden.

Very well Vaell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Send one to Dathas plox Eph.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Send one to Dathas plox Eph.

Invitation sent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Velspeth Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:49 pm

I will most definitely be in attendance at this event.
Velspeth
Velspeth

Character sheet
Name: Lady Velspeth Wollerton
Title: Diplomat, Priestess Cleric, Magistrate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:12 am

I hope you most definitely will Comrade.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Invitations have been dispersed to many a player and the list is looking nice, many tentative and not many full sign ups yet but I believe the turn-out will be decent enough to begin a proper chain of events in order to re-establish the Church of Light as a key player in Stormwind's role-play.

The chain of events will only be aimed at increasing the amount of role-play that can be generated as well as the ability to involve those in the immediate area (random folks)

For those who have a priest or a cleric who is a member of the clergy I would highly recommend to come along.

If there are any queries regarding this event or questions I would encourage them to be asked rather than assumptions to be made, stuff like representation of the Church etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:31 pm

A brief update regarding this event:

If anybody is interested in writing a piece or a speech in order to speak here are some suggestions:

The community of light playing a stronger role in the Alliance in order to bring about a stronger and more incremental faith in the Light.

Further events for the Community of Light to undertake.

Problems facing the Community of Light, (along with possible resolutions if you have ideas)

I guess those are the ideas I have at the moment, so if any of you would like to prepare in advance something to bring up, don't hesitate to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:50 pm

It wouldn't be unreasonable for a resident priest at the Cathedral to point out that some notable priests of the Light, such as Lady Shariah Longhill for instance, may be administering to the army on campaign in Pandaria on the proposed day.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:06 am

Shariah has signed up to the event and is at full liberty to make decisions herself regarding her attendance and the IC reasoning behind it.

Thanks for the notice though, also, does the campaign not finish on the 16th (i.e Sunday?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:04 am

Are you sure you don't want any draenei visiting this event? Thelos has been very invested in helping the Church of Holy Light in the past and I feel he would want to be at this event.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Paozi wrote:Are you sure you don't want any draenei visiting this event? Thelos has been very invested in helping the Church of Holy Light in the past and I feel he would want to be at this event.

Thelos is dead. Razz

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:09 pm

I half denounce my reason for not coming. I was confused, it is indeed my 21st, but I celebrated last night! I'll only be tipsy tonight, so I may come on Vitheryn, the Black Priest!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Drustai wrote:
Paozi wrote:Are you sure you don't want any draenei visiting this event? Thelos has been very invested in helping the Church of Holy Light in the past and I feel he would want to be at this event.

Thelos is dead. Razz

Undead, thank you very much.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:37 pm

I've never said you couldn't come, but Vitalian for one would shun Thelos for not killing himself after being made into a zombie and attempt to cast him out ICly and what-not so I would imagine that there would be interesting role-play should Thelos decide to show up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:12 pm

I take it this is CHURCH of the Holy Light meeting, so all poor Anethioneans/Scarlets/Argents will be booted out?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Melnerag wrote:I take it this is CHURCH of the Holy Light meeting, so all poor Anethioneans/Scarlets/Argents will be booted out?

No.

I intend to renovate the Community of Light into a functioning branch of the Church, that means we will not represent the Church but only the perspective of our branch. This means that we will be:

A) More flexible
B) Not god play by representing the Church

EdIt: Should any extremist organizations come by approach this meeting with zealotry and any other means that would undermine the moderate role the Church plays they will not be welcome. We still stick to the same values as the Church, but only be a functional branch. Also, why would Argents be booted out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Since argents are listed as heretics, so they are not in communion with the Church. So if this was a CHURCH meeting and not a Holy Light meeting, they would not be welcome!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:30 pm

"To all Clergy and servants of the Church of Light, subservient to the Three Virtues and the will of the Light, I call upon you all."

Is the line that confused me. So, is this the Church of the Holy Light meeting...or just Holy Light meeting?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:32 pm

On who's list are Argents listed as heretics?

Yes.. clergy of the Church overlap with being worshipers of the Holy Light. It would be counter-productive to not invite the bulk of the Light preaching community (clergy) to a movement attempting to bring together as many faithful as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Arhh.. god. Either I fail at asking questions, or you fail at answering them, or I fail at understanding your answers.

Are non-clergy, Anethioneans, Scarlets, Argents, Draenei invited to this meeting, and are they welcome if they come without invitation?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Melnerag wrote:Arhh.. god. Either I fail at asking questions, or you fail at answering them, or I fail at understanding your answers.

Are non-clergy, Anethioneans, Scarlets, Argents, Draenei invited to this meeting, and are they welcome if they come without invitation?

I can't speak on behalf of everybody else at IC, Vitalian would welcome all races, all factions as long as they were not zealous and obeyed the classical three virtues of the Light. There are priests who are like-minded to Vitalian and others who are both more strict and less strict on who they would welcome at the meeting.

If Anethioneans showed up and started preaching madly they would more than likely be tossed out or simply disregarded ICly.
If Scarlets showed up and started ranting on how to murder everybody, same thing.
Argents tend to be very passive and consistent with the original virtues so I wouldn't see the problem.
I have night elves on the invite and already a draenei so I don't see why not.

Also to note, Vitalian wrote to Silvermoon Council to arrange a cross-faction gathering of worship at Tyr's Hand to the Holy Light for example, he is not completely racist as long as the worship of Light is not a tool used for oppression.

His beliefs would clash strongly with the doctrine of the Chapter, so to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next