Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Public letter on notice boards and avalable in the Argent Crusade building and the Cathedral*

+11
Cid
Humphry
Finnabhair
corleth
Vaell
Drustai
Timna
Melnerag
erwtenpeller
Feral / Blackfall
Lexgrad
15 posters

Go down

*Public letter on notice boards and avalable in the Argent Crusade building and the Cathedral* Empty *Public letter on notice boards and avalable in the Argent Crusade building and the Cathedral*

Post by Lexgrad Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:10 pm

((IC version of this post http://www.defiasrp.com/t5852-a-church-of-light-meeting-thursday-15th-20-30-onwards#169392))

To the Light community of Stormwind

Light Be with you all.

I am writing to raise a warning to the Church of Light and its members. It is beyond rumor that a noble has taken upon himself to burn two women with the assistance of the Chapter of Anethion. Worse still a magistrate of this city, its minister of Justice looked on as these murders happened. A month back there was a pyre discovered in Redridge, the remains of many who were put to death in a terrible manner. The reigns of the Chapter are no longer being held by Abbot Osmand and there is no check on their will to sin, they publicly shout their message of hate to the city unchecked from within. But the time of showing them a blind eye is over, they harm others and can no longer be allowed to do so.

The light is compassion, repect, forgiveness and mercy, it is reason and tenacity. Yet Scarlet elements are consuming this message and remaking the false faith of Dathrohan from the ashes of their victims. The Disciples of Light have fallen to this message and can no longer be relied on to deliver the word of the Church. The Arch Bishop has not been seen since the Cataclysm and is silent as his church is eaten by its darker brother. But fear not, where ever there is one who will stay true to the virtue there is a beacon of light.

The Corruption of the shadow is the most subtle form of corruption. It will find every weakness of your mind, turning fear into hate, loss into anger, worship of the light into the loneliness of shadow. This is what the fanatical mindset is, the shadow takes a community of the light and twists virtue and faith to its will of hate. I know that not all would follow this path, that there is tenacity left in this city. I ask all those who would stand in the name of the Church as it should be to meet with me this Thursday, in the garden of the Cathedral to discuss this matter fully. It does not matter if you are Priest or guard, common man or Paladin. All that matters is that you wish to stand in the true light and make it known that however black the night, you will still be standing to see the dawn.

Let the virtues guide you all, in this time more than ever. In dark times it is far easier to see true light.

Light be with you all.

Sir Lexgrad Barrow.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

*Public letter on notice boards and avalable in the Argent Crusade building and the Cathedral* Empty Re: *Public letter on notice boards and avalable in the Argent Crusade building and the Cathedral*

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:04 pm

* Feral notes this, looking it over and nodding faintly. *

"If I've not been dragged off for a "corruption test" and burned alive myself, I'll be there. Glad to see some still know what the Light is about, and aren't... crazy."

Last edited by Feral / Blackfall on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

*Public letter on notice boards and avalable in the Argent Crusade building and the Cathedral* Empty Re: *Public letter on notice boards and avalable in the Argent Crusade building and the Cathedral*

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:26 pm

(( Fight da powah! ))
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:32 pm

((I hate you, Lexgrad. You picked the ONLY day when I got something planned. There will be retribution.))
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:33 pm

((Did I randomly pick it... or did the light work through me? Wink ))
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Timna reads through it during a walk and chuckles.
"Need to remember that fella's name. Might need a word with him... about how much I agree!". Her day seems to have been made.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:14 pm

((I hate to admit it but... I support the efforts of the Lexadin.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:18 pm

*Vaell reads over the words with a narrowed brow*
"I knew it! Those cotton-feathered bastards!"
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:41 pm

A public Goodwyn response is issued:

Death knight.

I understand that you are in fear for your life for your heretical existence, and that may explain why you have decided to attempt to represent the views of the Church. As I so recall it you were not present throughout the trial, or the implementation of the punishment, and as such I would like to point out a thing or two.

First of all: The trial was conducted in the land that is under my name, therefore under my governance and my law.

Secondly: Both of those trialed were tested by the Light, each one screaming in agony and pain, writhing mindlessly and feeling the benevolent burn of the Holy Light.

Thirdly: Upon implementation of the punishment, one of the witches, in her disgusting mannerisms and existence exploded in shadow magic.

Conclusively, you, a death knight who preaches your perverted vision of the Light will not dictate how the punishments of the Kingdom of Stormwind are executed, after all, were you not banished from the Kingdom and arrested multiple times?

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 pm

< Men and women dressed in monastic, ragged robes have been seen placing up posters on all message boards, and throughout the rest of the city, protected by heavily armoured men in white and black robes >

*Public letter on notice boards and avalable in the Argent Crusade building and the Cathedral* Lexgradposter-3
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:45 pm

(( Corleth...I will have your babies. Somehow. ))
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:59 pm

(( Okay, those "morphing" pictures amused me greatly. ))
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:17 pm

((Corleth... Awesome!))
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:41 pm

*Theodric eyes the BEWARE poster noticing Lexgrad's name, and inclining his head, he mutters..*
"So you still walk among us, brother."
*He then looks at all the other posters around, and shakes his head dissapointedly muttering one single word under his breath as he walks off.*
"Stormwind.."
Theo
Theo

Character sheet
Name: Theodric Lightsoul
Title: Lord/Marshal

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:44 am

Timna reads the BEWARE poster thoroughly and shakes her head, yawning tiredly.
"I wonder who wrote those..."
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 am

Simaria stops by the posters, a small hand coming up to read each letter written and her lips curled a bit, showing no view of which one she preferred as she walked off.

"Silly people."
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:37 am

Darragh reads, nods thoughtfully, and then goes for a nap.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 am

Dréfurion looks at one of the trees, it's leaves in beautiful yellow and red colours. "I miss Ferelas" he whispers as he turn to the Cathedral Square. Another piece of paper lands square in his face. "By Elune!" he says angrily as he yanks the piece of paper from his face. He scans the text and his face softens. "Fortunely there is more to this As'dorithal-Nol then we are sometimes made to believe."

He sees the noticeboard the letter was ripped from and with some druid magic makes sure the letter will not come of the wood so easily again.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down