Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defias Brotherhood monthly gallery!

+6
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Skarain
Finnabhair
Ziata'Ima
Lexgrad
Gilran
10 posters

Go down

Defias Brotherhood monthly gallery! Empty Defias Brotherhood monthly gallery!

Post by Gilran Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:36 am

In lieu of improving this concept : http://www.defiasrp.com/t5847-rejuvenating-role-play-on-defias-brotherhood-a-few-easy-steps

A fresh idea that can be proactively carried out by volunteers is being proposed here today. An amalgamation of the realm's role-play into one easily accessible gallery of past events for each month (or any period of previous time) and posted onto some sort of bumped and perhaps even stickied thread).

The reason for creating a gallery of recent events and then putting it up every month is simple, seeing as how people are reluctant to avoid putting up any form of RP-PVP events on the forum now, screenshots & such can still be taken and put together in order to advertise the results of this campaign/event.

It's not difficult and just requires a bit of effort in terms of streaming/putting together the screenshots as well as throwing them onto the realm forum. The title of said topic would probably be something like "Defias Brotherhood RP gallery" and just a large collection of screenshots/videos, simple really.

Thoughts?

Posted on behalf of Torradan.

Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Defias Brotherhood monthly gallery! Empty Re: Defias Brotherhood monthly gallery!

Post by Lexgrad Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 am

Good idea, might be nice to post a few screenies and a few lines of text to give context as we cant always see or keep up with all the plots and stories being made.

I cant see a down side.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Defias Brotherhood monthly gallery! Empty Re: Defias Brotherhood monthly gallery!

Post by Ziata'Ima Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:47 am

I completely agree with this. As I have explained to Torradan and a couple others, the reason SGE are against posting upon the realm forums for events has been because it openly invites griefers to our events. (Which, unforuntatly we have a large problem with at times on a daily basis).

It would be great to contribute to a gallery of past events, great advertisement with no issue of gatecrashing.

Galleries are easily obtained, as are youtube channels.
Though people who video such things are harder to come by, but we can track them down!

Ziata'Ima
Ziata'Ima

http://www.secondgurubashiempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:51 am

I think this is brilliant, especially since it saves people headaches from posting on the realm forum and getting events ruined. Events will already have taken place, proving RP isn't dead! Very Happy
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:39 am

It's "kinda" on topic, so dropping this bath of Screenshots here, from the latest RP-PvP event (Thursday) for easy snatching. Cheers at the organizers.
8 oversized unedited screenshots:
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:05 am

AD used to do this in the past, or, may still do it, not sure. But I always loved it, so I definitely support this too, and will try and remember to make screenies of what ever's interesting enough.

Very thoughtful, Gilran, great stuff.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:37 am

John Helsythe Amaltheria wrote:Very thoughtful, Gilran, great stuff.
Gilran wrote:Posted on behalf of Torradan.
Wink
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Torradan it is ^^ wops
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:43 pm

I like this idea. I don't really post on the realm forums, but I'll just upload screenies to here and I'm sure one of you lovely lot will plonk it up on the officials. Very Happy
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:51 pm

I think this is brilliant, especially since it saves people headaches from posting on the realm forum and getting events ruined. Events will already have taken place, proving RP isn't dead!

So basically... post screenshots on the realm forums to show everyone all the events they don't get to go to because they aren't a member of DefiasRP.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Raenmar wrote:
I think this is brilliant, especially since it saves people headaches from posting on the realm forum and getting events ruined. Events will already have taken place, proving RP isn't dead!

So basically... post screenshots on the realm forums to show everyone all the events they don't get to go to because they aren't a member of DefiasRP.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic with that comment, but that is exactly why it is a good idea. Imagine if Scarshield Legion suddenly started posting up a hell of a lot of awesome looking screenshots of the RP events they go to, with all themes and races and plenty of names - showing their server is active. Wouldn't that make you a little tempted to go check it out?
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Vaell wrote:I don't know if you're being sarcastic with that comment, but that is exactly why it is a good idea. Imagine if Scarshield Legion suddenly started posting up a hell of a lot of awesome looking screenshots of the RP events they go to, with all themes and races and plenty of names - showing their server is active. Wouldn't that make you a little tempted to go check it out?

Sure. And if I was then told "Sign up at scarshieldrp.com to participate in the RP community" I'd turn around and sob quietly as I plodded back to DB.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:24 pm

I also believe it was part of Torradans original idea that we would still post events on the realm forums, not use this as a substitute.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Raenmar wrote:
Vaell wrote:I don't know if you're being sarcastic with that comment, but that is exactly why it is a good idea. Imagine if Scarshield Legion suddenly started posting up a hell of a lot of awesome looking screenshots of the RP events they go to, with all themes and races and plenty of names - showing their server is active. Wouldn't that make you a little tempted to go check it out?

Sure. And if I was then told "Sign up at scarshieldrp.com to participate in the RP community" I'd turn around and sob quietly as I plodded back to DB.
I rped on Defias for 2 months before I learnt of these forums. I was told; "A forum for event posting, interacting with others in the community and seeing all the IC stuff that has been going on/plans to go on" and I instantly came along to sign up. These forums are great for the community.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:35 pm

These forums are great for the community.

Including the people who don't know what DefiasRP is, that don't want to sign up, etc? Because those people never hear of most major events and they don't know where the RP hubs are. If I was looking for a new server and I checked the realm forum, even if there were screenshots of events, I wouldn't see any events advertised, I'd look at it as a very closed-off community, and I'd leave.

I know that when I transferred here, I found it very hard to get involved with anything before I knew about DefiasRP. Even after that, it made it all feel very exclusive and intimidating.

I'm not even saying these forums are bad. But using them to advertise events and guilds is detrimental to the event/guild and the server as a whole.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm not even saying these forums are bad. But using them to advertise events and guilds is detrimental to the event/guild and the server as a whole.
Then why do you still use them? There are too many people who complain about the forums and yet do nothing to help. Message people who post their events/guilds up and ask "Is it ok if I copy, paste and advertise your guild/event on the public forums?" If they reply with yes, then do it.

I personally don't use the official forums, so I don't care what is detrimental or not. All I know is that I found it fairly easy to RP with people on this server (I don't understand when people say they struggled...) , I got onto here without having a single person to vouch for me and I moved to the server when I logged on a level 1 alt and simply asked in general chat "What RP guilds are decent?" and wala, I had a few Disciples giving me the low-down of the entire server.

No one is forced to use these forums.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:53 pm

Then why do you still use them?

Because of the amount of people that use them as an alternative to the realm forums and so would miss out on any events and guilds that aren't posted here. It's become a necessity.

Message people who post their events/guilds up and ask "Is it ok if I copy, paste and advertise your guild/event on the public forums?" If they reply with yes, then do it.

So it's my responsibility to repost every event and guild recruitment post to the realm forums because other people cba? It's for the benefit of the "community" and the event or the guild, not for me.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziata'Ima Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:47 am

I'm quite sure people manage to get along without these forums if they so choose to. Others prefer the realm forums. To each their own.

The point of the screenshots is to show what is available, what kind of events and the guilds that take part. It's to avoid an open invitation to griefers who, lets face it, generally take any opportunity at current to crash events for the pure hell of it.

If people get to see screenies of the events, they may take interest in a guild and seek them out which is incredibly easy to do with a /who.

As for making it your responsibility Raenmar, it wasn't said "YOUMUSTGODOTHISNAOW" It was a simple suggestion to your own comment is all.
Ziata'Ima
Ziata'Ima

http://www.secondgurubashiempire.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down