Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Star Wars Trilogy!?!

+25
Humphry
Antistia
Ruby
Thelos
Baròth / Olian
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lexgrad
erwtenpeller
Vaell
siegmund
Drustai
Lavian
Lini
Beladon
Rmuffn
Ixirar
Braiden
Sonitus
Amaryl
Muzjhath
Eodan
Kristeas Sunbinder
Dréfurion
Cid
Kaleil Sunstrike
29 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New Star Wars Trilogy!?! Empty New Star Wars Trilogy!?!

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:10 am

Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

http://sinbelore.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

New Star Wars Trilogy!?! Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy!?!

Post by Cid Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:17 am

I believe it will be nerdrage for about 99% of the Star Wars fans, despite many of them raging on ol' Lucas before. Then denial, then acceptance.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:19 am

Cid wrote:I believe it will be nerdrage for about 99% of the Star Wars fans, despite many of them raging on ol' Lucas before. Then denial, then acceptance.

No acceptance, never acceptance.

I am just really curious to the plot... and if there will be songs. I'd like songs. Stormtrooper dance-routines.. I am all for.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:23 am

Drefurion wrote:
Cid wrote:I believe it will be nerdrage for about 99% of the Star Wars fans, despite many of them raging on ol' Lucas before. Then denial, then acceptance.

No acceptance, never acceptance.

I am just really curious to the plot... and if there will be songs. I'd like songs. Stormtrooper dance-routines.. I am all for.

The imperial march gets an added, kid friendly, set of lyrics.

Edit: Or maybe not

Last edited by Kristeas Sunbinder on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 am

Dissapointment.
Smells to me like they're going to milk the Star Wars concept for cash till people globally start calling it stupid. Just like they do with a lot of good things in the showbusiness lately.
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:33 am

If they look and carefully use the expanded universe. With good directors.
A very weak, yet new, hope.

At least Lucas won't be directing. So it can't get worse

And I bloody pray to the force that they'll leave the abomination that s the "prequel" era and before alone and behind.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:43 am

Muzjhath wrote:If they look and carefully use the expanded universe. With good directors.
A very weak, yet new, hope.

At least Lucas won't be directing. So it can't get worse

And I bloody pray to the force that they'll leave the abomination that s the "prequel" era and before alone and behind.

Uwe boll, could be directing it... then it will get worse Razz

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:02 am

Or, Joss Whedon could swoop in wearing his techni-color dreamcoat to save our hopes and dreams of a franchise many people have grown up with. For better or worse.
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:02 am

Amaryl wrote:Uwe boll, could be directing it... then it will get worse Razz

QFT
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 am

Considering that I believe that Uwe Boll has never directed a film he hasn't produced himself... I doubt Disney would ever use him.

If you want to point at a bad director use Michael Bay since that could plausably happen.
And not sure if it'd be much worse than Lucas. Would still be "Action sequenses with puns in between". Maybe with more unrealistic looking ladies. Both use about as much of silly technobable.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:39 am

Lucas will serve as creative consultant.

Sup guys.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:04 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Lucas will serve as creative consultant.

Sup guys.

This, and the producer will be one of his own Lucas ltds who's been with him before, she knows what's up and down.

I sincerely doubt it's going to be all that bad, there's plenty lore to cover in movies. -PLENTY-. And with still proper leadership and bigger funder?? Why nawt.

Not to mention Lucas said himself he knew Star Wars would live on past him, he wants it to and he's confident that Disney is where it can do so. We should trust him, plus he wanted to see the transiction while he was still alive.

Cba find link.

Bottomline, don't hate it's not that much a change
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:06 am

Now with the serious part over.
New Star Wars Trilogy!?! 14285_10
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:10 am

Disney making a Star Wars movie...Bad Idea, and this is why...

Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:30 am

Eodan wrote:Dissapointment.
Smells to me like they're going to milk the Star Wars concept for cash till people globally start calling it stupid. Just like they do with a lot of good things in the showbusiness lately.
Star Wars has been milked for cash since forever. Disney can't possibly milk it any more blatantly than it has been milked so far.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:51 am

Well, I actually really liked the prequels in fact I enjoy all the films of the new movies are anything like any of the 6 old ones I'm a happy man. The old Republic era would be nice but it looks like its after episode 6, I just hope they don't mess things up as Anakin was the Chosen one, he bought balance to the Force in the form of Vader. The original films have been based on that prophecy so if the new films are the old Jedi vs Sith type then episodes 1 - 6 where all pointless in the end.
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:59 am

Dark and Light can't co-exist without the need to destroy the other, just as much as they can't exist alone, balance is needed.

That means, even if there's balance, one side will always need to destroy the other.

And unless I'm wrong, some children of Solo or somesuch goes evil?? So yeah.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:05 pm

Consider yourself memory wiped the books, games and comics are no longer canon.
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:05 pm

Wait wait wait

Star wars was ever good?
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:16 pm

Erahn wrote:Dark and Light can't co-exist without the need to destroy the other, just as much as they can't exist alone, balance is needed.

That means, even if there's balance, one side will always need to destroy the other.

Yeah, Han Solo has 3 kids with Leia, all 3 of them train under Luke Skywalker, one of them is the chosen one and he goes evil.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:20 pm

If they focus on the star wars instead of the jedi, the new movies could be good.

Otherwise, they will continue to be shit.

Also, they should use the movies as a chance to retcon the EU. Everything except for Thrawn and the X-wing series, since those were actually good.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:23 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Erahn wrote:Dark and Light can't co-exist without the need to destroy the other, just as much as they can't exist alone, balance is needed.

Yeah, Han Solo has 3 kids with Leia, all 3 of them train under Luke Skywalker, one of them is the chosen one and he goes evil.

The chosen one has the lowest singing vooce and isn't as good a dancer, he is jealous of his brothers and there his evil sparks! Which is shown to us in the song 'With the Dark Side of the Force"

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:30 pm

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:37 pm

As a bit of a Star Wars geek, I was initially slamming my head on the desk. I only have one concern now... Facing the good bits.

Episode 7/8/9 = Fucking excited.
The problem with the prequels (bar Phantom, I actually like Phantom. It just got hated because of Jar Jar, who I look past + making the force into a physical thing) was the way in which they missed out some of the key things people loved about Star Wars, focusing more on action than the more relevant mysterious rebellion plot. However, they were his product. Do as he pleases with them. I'm excited to see his lore (as he already created the treatments for them) with a decent director that can actually work their magic with the films.

What I don't have for this is a crappy Luke Jr story or anything from the books. I wouldn't mind seeing an aged descendant of Luke (even if it is his son) who holds the role of Yoda and is only in it as a reference by name or maybe they find a ruined Millenium Falcon when searching for a 'stealth ship', proposing to "do it up". Stuff like that is great in my books, I love when references don't interfer with the plot but give the nostaligia everyone lusts for. I wouldn't mind seeing a Nihilius type character or something with a bit more of a prominant strength element like Malak. But mostly, I just can't wait to see the films we were promised years ago!

The way I see it, so what if they're awful? So what if it is Jar Jar and the Seven Ewoks or The Emperor's newest Groove, I couldn't care! I won't enjoy it, but it isn't exactly going to ruin what I love about Star Wars. It'll just be another "We dislike the prequels" scenario for fans. For me, it is like what Halo Reach was to the Halo franchise. I expected it to be great, I was dissapointed, but I didn't get upset about it because I had my old Halo games! Nothing will take away my saga, but something may add to it.

The possibility of the live action show!
This is the bit that has excited me most. Nothing has been mentioned about it but I'm sure it'll crop up sooner or later. A full script for (I think two seasons at least) were created for a dark and gritty non-jedi focused Star Wars live-action TV show. Space pirates, the slums of Coruscant etc. They needed at least 3 million per episode to make it work, no one wanted to fund them. HBO offered 5 million, but they wanted directional input to take it where they wanted. Lucas, like a child (but I understand) with a teddy bear, didn't like that idea one bit. With him out of the picture, one of three things could happen:
- It could never exist, I'll still be in the same position I'm in now with a Sad. - HBO could take it on. A company I trust to the core and they're renowned for making brilliant TV.
- Disney could fund it and make it themselves.

As for a new film every couple of years...
Yes, this sounds like they may milk the films to a point where it gets annoying but still, I reitterate my first point. It won't take one of my favorite trilogies away even if they turn Darth Vader into a pokemon. This is just a new company having a new take on the franchise, I won't let it annoy me.

Disney: Films and Theme Parks

I'll start with the latter. That's right. More Star Wars rides. If the Star Trek theme park does well, who knows! Maybe they'll do a Star Wars one too! Anyone who experienced the original Star Tours ride will be excited for this. They've already remade Star Tours 2 (after the first was shut down a couple years ago) and it looks amazing. Not to mention Indiana Jones etc.

As for the film side of Disney. Yes, they make a lot of childish films, but those films are brilliant. Pixar is incredible. But the thing that gives me the most hope about this is that they also own the rights to a lot of Marvel (exclude Spiderman) and look how they've turned out. Iron Man, The Avengers, Thor etc - They didn't manipulate and anger comic book fans, so I have hope they'll be good to Star Wars.

NOW THE BIGGEST FEAR, THE ONE WHICH HAS ME USING THIS FACE :s
Disney: The Video Game Market
I will start with the brief positives I can conjure from this. Games like Grim Fandango and Monkey Island may flourish! They're perfect for Disney's brand and they love their puzzle games. I'm insanely excited to see if they release a second Grim F.

Other games like KOTOR and the future of what Lucas could have created... Well, I personally can't see it going very far. I have already read somewhere that they don't intend to create any games for the console market (I will try and find the article when I can be arsed) and I don't know their opinion on making new PC games. I hope they fund a Battlefront 3, I hope they fund a new Republic Commando and similar games. I hope they bring about the best Star Wars games but I can't see it happening...
All I can see is a new Kingdom Hearts game where you can play as Han Solo...

BUT be excited people! Just think positive. You have just eaten cake and someone says they're making cookies. They may not go down too well, but at least you've eaten your cake.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:03 pm

You guys realize Disney owns Marvel too, and they have been nailing it for the past couple of years?

I have good hopes for this.

Then again, I won't really be disappointed, I'm not that invested in Star Wars. Way more excited about THREE NEW LORD OF THE-- I MEAN, HOBBIT FILMS!!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next