Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The decline of the Church

+2
Lexgrad
Gogol
6 posters

Go down

The decline of the Church Empty The decline of the Church

Post by Gogol Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Guards wearing the lion sigil’s rush around Stormwind, putting up the posters on as many notice boards as possible.
The posters read:

The decline of the Church;
The Church, an often instrumental and key guide to the way we lead our lives has fallen from the graces of the people of Stormwind, it’s weakness has become clearly a problem that has only helped the growth of heretical beliefs and strengthened the anti-Wrynn feelings some of the disillusioned peasantry may have, however, the Church shall not remain uncared for. The Goodwyn Household has pledged funds and an annual tithe of 1/18th of all profits to go to the Church, we seek to inspire other nobles to do the same, the Church is a representative of the Light, that is true, but the Church is also the centre of cultural development for many. Aid, assistance and knowledge are all aspects that are provided by the Church in balanced and well defined view, the Cathedral has long catered to the injured and the sick, and in return we have turned our backs on the good graces of the Bishops and Priests who in all their power helped us.
It is simply unacceptable to leave the Church and the clergy in such a manner; they guide and inspire us, and so, the clergy must be taken care of, assisted in any shape possible! However, they are almost forcefully neglected by the current elite of Stormwind, our of course, beloved Stormwind Council, Bishop Fortesgue, an old friend of the former Ministers has not been sighted – Yet should he randomly pop up again his position would be kept nice and warm for him, an absurdity? No, for the Council this is an everyday, or should I say every month event – Disappearing and coming back with little to no explanation seems to be the standard adopted by many, questioning the disappearances leads to no investigation or a badly put together explanation, one that is not suitable anymore. I find it even worse that several Ministers hold their positions while doing nothing, bringing news we know of, or simply showing up to maintain title and continue feeding their enormous ego, which is of course connected to the decline of our beloved Church. When the people lose faith in their government, through constant failure and inactivity, they lose faith in the religion that drives them forward, and this is the Light, due to the incestuous politics that have dominated the Stormwind Council, the Church’s reverence has been unfortunately connected to the Council, so the damaging of the Council’s authority has also overflown atop the Church;
People of Stormwind,
I tell you that the Church is not responsible for the ignorant decisions or lack thereof committed by the Stormwind Council, the Church has stood as a shining beacon of example when the times were dark and despair flooded the minds of the people, do not forget your faith, for when the darkness comes, it will be something that no force of arms or other means can take from you!
Light bless his majesty King Wrynn and the House of Wrynn.
His loyal subject and vassal, Baron Torradan Goodwyn.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

The decline of the Church Empty Re: The decline of the Church

Post by Lexgrad Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:23 pm

(Not to be picky but a Tithe is a set anount. 1/10th :p))
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:26 am

/applaud
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:28 am

Lexgrad wrote:(Not to be picky but a Tithe is a set anount. 1/10th :p))
(Give me lore proof or I'll claim artistic freedom in a medival fantasy-WoW setting!)
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:35 am

Gogol wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:(Not to be picky but a Tithe is a set amount. 1/10th :p))
(Give me lore proof or I'll claim artistic freedom in a medival fantasy-WoW setting!)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tithe?s=t

Tenth, in yee oldy speak.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:38 am

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Gogol wrote:

(I asked for lore proof, not a example from IRL.
Though from your own link, have a look at no.3 "a tenth part or any indefinitely small part of anything.")
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:43 am

Gogol wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Gogol wrote:

Though from your own link, have a look at no.3 "a tenth part or any indefinitely small part of anything.")

Its not a point of lore but of Language. Tithe is a tenth of something, in English. But, whatever.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:45 am

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Gogol wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Gogol wrote:

Its not a point of lore but of Language. Tithe is a tenth of something, in English. But, whatever.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 pm

((Meh, a tithe is a tithe, there are no tithes in WoW lore but if you want it to not be a tithe then w/e.

Plus it is not medieval. There is not a feudal society, divine right or crusades, or a stagnant technological sector, or a clerical system with alot of power and a pope trying to keep the Light nations together, nor are there other nations. Economicly there does not seem to be a feudal system making churls of the common man, indeed if there was it would have broken down as the slaughters of the common man made them more valuable (see post black death for more on this). Stormwind has a professional standing army not an army made of Vassels and retainers mixed with huge levies that you would see in a medievil army, they also have access to machine guns, tanks, beasts that fly and industrial machines, none of which a medieval kingdom would have. Azeroth is Azeroth not the middle ages of europe.

But lets let Gogol go back to his IC post guys))
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Meh, a tithe is a tithe, there are no tithes in WoW lore but if you want it to not be a tithe then w/e.

Plus it is not medieval. There is not a feudal society, divine right or crusades, or a stagnant technological sector. Azeroth is Azeroth not the middle ages of europe.
I belive the sarcasm in my reply to you Lex was not understood.
Eitherway I feel like we can drop this rather irrelevant debate about the tinth now, its not really at all the main part of the post.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:24 pm

((Actually, tithes are in lore, Lexgrad. They are also 10%.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Special:Search/Tithe

Very Happy

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:40 pm

(Oh snap, we have a wiener, though yes, this topic has derailed from the point over a rather unimportant matter.

Fantastic bit of reading to which I would agree with)
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down