Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Church of Light activity drop

+11
Amaryl
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Ixirar
Lorainne/Bridlington
Aadaria-Ioanna
Ledgic
Lexgrad
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Jeanpierre
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Church of Light activity drop Empty Church of Light activity drop

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Greetings all,

I'd like to address an issue about Church of the Light roleplay. A few months ago, the theme was full of life, we had an active Light community. The Light was represented by many Priestly characters, and more than a few guilds. This number seems to have taken an alarming drop in a short time. So much, in fact, that I don't even know who (if any) still plays an active cleric affiliated with the church, or which active players still have an alt affiliated with the Church.

When I put my roleplay with Jean-Pierre on hold. Valestrion notified me that I may very well have been the last "active" Priest of the Church in Light community. While I'd like to believe him wrong, I've seen his statement only confirmed lately.

This begs the question... Who's still out there? Who's still actively roleplaying a cleric of the Church? Which active players still have an alt as a cleric of the Church and wouldn't mind RP'ing on it occasionally?

Perhaps we could make a list of available Clerics which could exist ICly as well for people who'd like to contact a Priest?

Cheers
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Church of Light activity drop Empty Re: Church of Light activity drop

Post by Thelos Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:25 pm

While not exactly a cleric of the Church of the Holy Light, Thelos is still very active as an anchorite, representing the Draenic clergy.

Both my character and me as a player are very interested in getting roleplay around the Cathedral in full-swing again. I think the Cathedral is too valuable as a roleplaying hub to be left unattended -- it is the most logical place new roleplayers would go to seek out spiritual roleplay and check out what the server has to offer in the way of a priesthood.

You can count on my support on Thelos, in the form discussed in the previous thread, for what it's worth.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:35 pm

It may have something to do with your leader being evil as shit and the inability of the RP community to deal with that twist?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:42 pm

o.O Was that intended to sound as venomous as it appeared to me? Why? Why on earth? And why would that be responsible for the drop in activity? :S
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:53 pm

I don't know, sounds like a pretty valid reason. People have characters, plays, stories going on, and then blizzard comes and drops that huge bomb? pretty destructive.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:56 pm

I thought you meant Valestrion being evil Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:57 pm

I really don't see how that should have that much impact on the way the clergy is being roleplayed. The Archibishop was barely referenced in roleplay as it is - we used our own Bishops.

Besides, I've made this argument before, but it seems to me that the fact that the Archbishop went bonkers isn't really a common-known fact. The only NPC in Stormwind that references it, denies it, and the only ones that supposedly were there when he went bananas was Thrall and a handful of anonymous heroes.

I don't see how in the world it would cause players to drop their priest characters.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:01 pm

Thelos wrote:I really don't see how that should have that much impact on the way the clergy is being roleplayed. The Archibishop was barely referenced in roleplay as it is - we used our own Bishops.

Besides, I've made this argument before, but it seems to me that the fact that the Archbishop went bonkers isn't really a common-known fact. The only NPC in Stormwind that references it, denies it, and the only ones that supposedly were there when he went bananas was Thrall and a handful of anonymous heroes.

I don't see how in the world it would cause players to drop their priest characters.

This, really. We did throw around ideas regarding making it public knowledge and I believe both Fort and The Chapter had plotline ideas for it, but neither of these ever happened. I quite liked the idea of mass hysteria, torture of high ranked priests and paladins etc in a further search for corruption.

Still, at any rate if it remains sealed to the public then all people can really do is speculate regarding why he hasn't returned. That speculation would never lead to "OMG HE WAS EVIL!" in my opinion.

I have a priest, but I've never RP'd on him before. I'll be heading back into RP and whatnot next week, and would really enjoy the chance to get Omanos involved with the church again, since he hasn't had much involvement since he stepped down as the DoL leader.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:09 pm

I am not too sure, but I do believe that the Anethion preachers tend to stick to Northshire, and the Disciples of Light are currently snug in Westbrook Garrison, leaving the Cathedral pretty much...Empty. With the Lighie guilds choosing other locations as their main roleplaying hub, it is no wonder activity in the Cathedral peetered out.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:14 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:I don't know, sounds like a pretty valid reason. People have characters, plays, stories going on, and then blizzard comes and drops that huge bomb? pretty destructive.

Oh yes, it is destructive.. and I offered to be subjected to the consequences of it. But! Most of the Priest roleplayers I've seen drop out, is because of RL issues and then the leadership of the community vanishing. Anyhow! I'm not pleading for more Priest roleplayers or Churchies. I'm merely checking if people would think it a good idea that those who do still RP a cleric affiliated with the Church give their references here so we can find them when needed. As in Thelos' case, for example. Or when someone needs a funeral ... or wedding ceremony... Or a blessing for the creme freche on their birthday cake.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Traditionally, whenever you want to roleplay on your priest, or want to roleplay with a priest (for example if you wish to confess, or if you want to marry your character), you go to the Cathedral of Light. It is the single most obvious place to start looking if you've got no idea where to start. When there's no one there, you assume there are no roleplayers available.

For the simple reason of the Cathedral being the most obvious place to find priests, I think it would be valuable to try and make it into an active roleplaying hub again.

I will try to spend more time there with Thelos, at least. We'll see.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:25 pm

Just come and see Lex, he is the most lighty thing eu ya'll. Prob you dont want him touching your cake but he can do the rest.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:29 pm

The point being, I started roleplaying by stalking the Cathedral in the vain hope that I would be able to run in to any priestly roleplayers. That is how I was introduced to Chapter of Holy Anethion and the Disciples of Light.

I'd hate for that hub to peeter out, I think it's an important pillar of roleplay on this server.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:11 pm

There are plenty around, bare in mind people its summer, people need to work extra due to others being on vacation, then they do have vacations of their own too^_^ The activity from at least the Chapter should rise within the passing of mid August. Then again we are not of the church Razz But hey... More Anethioneans in the Cathedral means more others to you know, throw around the usual gossip and mean low comments on how evil we are:P

Add:

There are also quite the number of still hot, new games out.. when they no longer have the "hot", "new" part added, I am sure plenty of old faces will return... This game is somehow impossible to get rid off..... Razz
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Aadaria-Ioanna wrote: This game is somehow impossible to get rid off..... Razz

I really hope Guild Wars II changes this for me. I haven't enjoyed WoW in months now, but... the role play. The role play, you know?! Mad
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:18 pm

If it's the RP you're looking for, GW2 isn't the game. I know there's an RP Community looking to roll on one of their servers but you're gonna get disappointed. Also, ABOC-alike guilds will have an EVEN EASIER TIME ruining it on GW2 since it's a purebred PVP game and as such everything takes a backseat to PVP.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:33 am

Debri wrote:If it's the RP you're looking for, GW2 isn't the game. I know there's an RP Community looking to roll on one of their servers but you're gonna get disappointed. Also, ABOC-alike guilds will have an EVEN EASIER TIME ruining it on GW2 since it's a purebred PVP game and as such everything takes a backseat to PVP.

Not to poke a flaw in but... isn't PvP in Guild Wars 2 limited to the actual Player Versus Player areas? Such as the mists, battlegrounds, and so forth?

Back on topic. Personally I've not found a dip in the activity of "Lightie" roleplayer, it's rather alive! Since Cataclysm transformed the cathedral and stripped half of the architecture out (catacombs, library, and such) there has been little interest in the actual building. On top of that, I'd say the cathedral would be a landmark for events rather than a hub?
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:44 am

Ohh.. not a drop in "Lightie" RP no. But Church of the Light. For example DoL has seen most of its priest (barring a few alts) go down in activity. I have seen very few others pick up the mantle outside DoL. That's nothing bad per se, but if it becomes hard to find one, then perhaps a list of active/available clerics of the Church could help.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:47 am

Not to poke a flaw in but... isn't PvP in Guild Wars 2 limited to the actual Player Versus Player areas? Such as the mists, battlegrounds, and so forth?

That, yes. And afaik Arenanet stated that all servers are for PvE, PvP -and- RP. It's therefore they do not give their servers a specific lable. People who fuck up RP intentionally on -any- server risks the banhammer.

Right, the topic. Velspeth. You people need Velspeth. Just send her/him a private message on these boards, beg and who knows.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:14 am

Velspeth hasn't been online in months either.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:22 am

Well.. Perhaps I should just get back to the original point of the topic:
1) I noticed a drop in Church of the Light clerics. Is this observation shared?
2) Sometimes people need a "Church-y" fellow for their RP. Would you think it beneficial to have a list of church-fellows? Is there need for such measure?

I don't plan on begging anyone to RP something they don't willingly choose to do in the first place. I'm just wondering if the people still involved need a hand to get more "exposed" and easier to find for RP related to the church.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:07 am

It is true that there's been a significant drop in priestly RP. I'd say it's possibly because of continuous healing they have had to perform but that is only an assumption.
A list of "Church-y" people as you say it may be handy to some, I wouldn't see myself make use of it too often except with exceptional events. Smile
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:18 am

well I can say monrena has prity much dropped from her preastly ways to.. she stopped her training in becomming an ancoress and has begun retraining as a scout/sniper. so I sort of have a hand in this myself I suppose
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmand Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:44 am

I have been inactive myself as of late, hopefully I should becoming active again , once again Osmand is not a Church of Light priest per say, but he is still a priest!
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet
Name: Brother Osmand Lightguard
Title: Abbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:37 pm

I've been very unactive lately, but I tend to RP Dwyburn as a priest at heart, who just got a little disillusioned and stuck to healing instead of the more "priestly" parts of his class. Might turn that around if there's an interest in it, but otherwise, it seems like a little too much of a hustle, really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next