Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only)

+19
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Seranita
Shan Dian
Skarain
Lexgrad
Rhenchu
Greenbeard
Zouyo
Drustai
siegmund
Ixirar
Ledgic
Exigua
Silferdrake
Gogol
Timna
erwtenpeller
Rmuffn
Odgan / Keag
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only) - Page 3 Empty Re: [A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only)

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Zouyo wrote:It's like, and this is probably a very very bad analogy, but its like Christianity. You know, Protestants and Catholics. You don't have to be Irish to be a Catholic, or English to be a Protestant. Hopefully that makes sense...

... >: (

Back to top Go down

[A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only) - Page 3 Empty Re: [A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only)

Post by Rhenchu Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Well, here where I am now (AD), the Pandaren guilds pretty much just idealize the two philosophies as if it was the war between the catholic and the protestants. And only allow contact with Pandarens who have chosen a side with the respected philosophies, this also makes my neutral Pandaren brewmaster an outcast in their eyes without picken a side.
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet
Name: Rhenchu
Title: Brewmaster of Kalimdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:10 pm

Rhenchu wrote:Well, here where I am now (AD), the Pandaren guilds pretty much just idealize the two philosophies as if it was the war between the catholic and the protestants. And only allow contact with Pandarens who have chosen a side with the respected philosophies, this also makes my neutral Pandaren brewmaster an outcast in their eyes without picken a side.

As an Alliance pandaren player I have yet to come across any Pandaren who abide to the Tushui philosophy. Most pandaren I role-play with are neutral, like my own character.

If anything it's these neutral characters that are giving the pandaren that have chosen to side themselves with either the Horde or the Alliance a hard time, so the situation seems almost reversed on Defias Brotherhood.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:32 pm

perturbo wrote:
Zouyo wrote:It's like, and this is probably a very very bad analogy, but its like Christianity. You know, Protestants and Catholics. You don't have to be Irish to be a Catholic, or English to be a Protestant. Hopefully that makes sense...

... >: (

Your just a bad Irishman! Be drunk more and help the nuns!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:04 pm

Paozi wrote:
Rhenchu wrote:Well, here where I am now (AD), the Pandaren guilds pretty much just idealize the two philosophies as if it was the war between the catholic and the protestants. And only allow contact with Pandarens who have chosen a side with the respected philosophies, this also makes my neutral Pandaren brewmaster an outcast in their eyes without picken a side.

As an Alliance pandaren player I have yet to come across any Pandaren who abide to the Tushui philosophy. Most pandaren I role-play with are neutral, like my own character.

If anything it's these neutral characters that are giving the pandaren that have chosen to side themselves with either the Horde or the Alliance a hard time, so the situation seems almost reversed on Defias Brotherhood.

Wouldn't say it's reversed. But I would say that on Defias neutrality or chosen sides are wide spread and widely accepted, it's not focused on one part alone. (Ofc course or Alliance hoard a whole lot of neutral pandaren, but there are a few who has chosen a side).

So on Defias, I think you're pretty free to pick whatever path in life you want for your pandaren - and still not be an outcast!

*Edit* And you know, if you -do- like neutrality. I do indeed advice The Blooming Lotus on our server for ya, Rhenchu! Wink
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhenchu Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Well seems like the right place to be for me then. Smile
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet
Name: Rhenchu
Title: Brewmaster of Kalimdor

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:01 pm

erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:18 am

[A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only) - Page 3 WoWScrnShot_010213_224434_zps8cd1c76b
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 am

Group photo!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:11 am

Someone to photoshop that to look more as taken by a gnomish camera?

[A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only) - Page 3 136768
(This existed ingame prior to cata)
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:44 pm

I'll just let the screenshots do the talking.

[A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only) - Page 3 WoWScrnShot_010213_201446_zps847f421c

[A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only) - Page 3 WoWScrnShot_010313_195326_zps9339ae31

[A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only) - Page 3 WoWScrnShot_010413_232615_zpscc0b9b16

Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan Dian Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:09 pm

If I understand correctly the name "Blooming Lotus" is just OOC and has no real excistence ICly?
What backstory do you guys use as to why a bunch of citizens and Shado-Pan frequently hang out/travel together?

I'm pretty interested in getting some Pandaren RP going but still looking which guild would fit best with what I had in mind for my char

Shan Dian
Shan Dian

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:05 pm

I've found that with these guys, the best thing to do is to just show up.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:46 am

Mistheart wrote:If I understand correctly the name "Blooming Lotus" is just OOC and has no real excistence ICly?
What backstory do you guys use as to why a bunch of citizens and Shado-Pan frequently hang out/travel together?

I'm pretty interested in getting some Pandaren RP going but still looking which guild would fit best with what I had in mind for my char

That's correct. Blooming Lotus is mostly an OOC tag for our group of Pandaren role-players that enjoy playing the game together. It's been jokingly brought forward from time to time, such as the invention of the Blooming Lotus brew and the christening of a nameless tavern to be named Blooming Lotus, but nothing what you'd call "official".

As for a backstory: it's a web of inter-character relationships. Some characters are related by family or heritages, others by a shared passion or profession. What all the characters have in common is that they're all as Pandaren can be: the enjoy live to the fullest and enjoy exploring, adventure, pleasant company and most importantly, good food and drink.

The nature of our role-play is very open ended. During the Jade Fist campaign, we took a stand against Horde and Alliance alike to ensure the neutrality of Pandaria. Right now, we are traveling around Azeroth, making new friends and spreading merriment (and a little mischief!) wherever we go. Who knows what adventures lie await in the future?

As for the near future, we'll be having ourselves a little adventure in Zul'gurub on Sunday, after which we will likely move on to the next location to explore differently colored (though not necessarily greener) pastures. Kalimdor beckons.

In the end, I fully subsribe to what erwtenpeller just said:

erwtenpeller wrote:I've found that with these guys, the best thing to do is to just show up.

Introduce your character to our merry band and everything will fall into place.

Or not, whatever fits.

I suppose you could say that the guild follows the Pandaren philosophy. We're a jolly, relaxed, fun-spirited and open-minded group that bend like reed in the wind to adapt to any role-playing situation.

That's enough out of this old snakeoil salseman.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:38 pm

Huge shout-out to the trolls of the Second Gurubashi Empire.

Though our relationship was short-lived, it was all the more passionate for it.

We had some thrills, some laughs and a good bout or two; though I don't think you'll be seeing much of us again, since we don't fancy ending up in a cooking pot all that much!

[A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only) - Page 3 WoWScrnShot_011313_201431_zpsc782f528

Don't worry your precious little noodles, little boy cubs and girls, your Pandaren friends somehow still ended up drinking merrily in some seedy Ironforge tavern.

[A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only) - Page 3 WoWScrnShot_011313_221635_zps12fc7aa8

Are these Pandaren incredibly brave, or just stupendously foolish?

Probably both.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Look at Griffton, being sexy. God he's sexy.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Bump

[A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only) - Page 3 WoWScrnShot_012313_211005_zps53a0bff0
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Aaaaawkwaaaard...
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:32 pm

ahh welcome back paozi
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:36 pm

I do not know these guys, but due to the fantastic fez that are shown in that picture I simply must give them my approval.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 am

Gor'Thrak Frosthowl wrote:I do not know these guys, but due to the fantastic fez that are shown in that picture I simply must give them my approval.

The one in purple is Boqin Chaoxiang, our resident scholar, poet and geomancer and the one in green is none other than Paozi Wulong, Shado-pan veteran and brawl-crazy adventurer extraordinair.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Blooming Lotus at the Lunar Festival.

[A] Blooming Lotus (Pandaren only) - Page 3 WoWScrnShot_020713_202438_zps494b441b

And as an added bonus:

This is what happens when you keep ganking our lowbies:
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkil Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Thanks for coming guys! Smile
Arkil
Arkil

Character sheet
Name: Arkil Stormfeather
Title: Keeper

http://www.alexandashley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:08 pm

Arkil wrote:Thanks for coming guys! Smile

We never miss a banquet!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:39 am

HOpe you all had some feasting for henita XD
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next