Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Stormwind Times

+16
Ralegh
Gogol
Lexgrad
Thondalar Stormleaf
Allonia_Miral
Zhakiri
Silferdrake
Braiden
Feral / Blackfall
Sharyssa/Adenah
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Feydor
Aadaria-Ioanna
Melnerag
Skarain
Larnira
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Stormwind Times - Page 3 Empty Re: The Stormwind Times

Post by Ralegh Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:13 am

Body of Anchorite Thelos... Stolen?
We recently got an information that the body of Thelos has been stolen from the Tomb of Lights. His coffin and body are the only stolen thing and its not yet known how did that aswell as the date of the robbery, it may have taken place yesterday or as far as last month.

Tjib reads the small paragraph repeated times for some reason shaking.
He puts down the paper before starting to rub his face slowly, muttering a incredible amount of quite creative gnomish cursewords.

It takes him five minutes to create a plan of action, five more minutes to poke it full off holes and create a new one, after another five minutes of self-debating, Tjib changes out of his soiled pants.
He mutters to himself "Nobody knows... relax..."
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:25 am

Hmm...I know the paper is "hiring," but I'd love to offer my OOC skills as a proofreader. Smile I have considered joining as an IC journalist but been too busy with college lately to make a serious inquiry about it. Still, if you'd like to PM it to me before "publication," I can fix up the grammar and such.
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:34 am

Farelin/Dijie wrote:Hmm...I know the paper is "hiring," but I'd love to offer my OOC skills as a proofreader. Smile I have considered joining as an IC journalist but been too busy with college lately to make a serious inquiry about it. Still, if you'd like to PM it to me before "publication," I can fix up the grammar and such.

Greetings and Salutations French comrade.

I believe that you are spitting gallywags here, you are more than available IC as well. Now assist Larnira or face the wrath of a potential nuclear holocaust in the Fifth French Republic, we fear no capitalist retaliation!

No regards from the Supreme Leader have been granted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:50 am

You had my interest until "French."

Then I looked away as it didn't apply to me.
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:51 am

Tjib/Oragg wrote:
Body of Anchorite Thelos... Stolen?
We recently got an information that the body of Thelos has been stolen from the Tomb of Lights. His coffin and body are the only stolen thing and its not yet known how did that aswell as the date of the robbery, it may have taken place yesterday or as far as last month.

Tjib reads the small paragraph repeated times for some reason shaking.
He puts down the paper before starting to rub his face slowly, muttering a incredible amount of quite creative gnomish cursewords.

It takes him five minutes to create a plan of action, five more minutes to poke it full off holes and create a new one, after another five minutes of self-debating, Tjib changes out of his soiled pants.
He mutters to himself "Nobody knows... relax..."

Meanwhile, in Drustai's lab...

Spoiler:

((Spoilered because length.))
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:16 am

A response arrives to the newspaper (obviously not public but it's fun to share):

The Stormwind Times - Page 3 Stormwind_64

To: Miss Telaira Ambervein

It is a shame that your newspaper once again is found to publish common slander without proper evidence, not to mention that the reporter that supposedly was to interview me you sent never showed up for our appointment.

I'm afraid your sources are quite misinformed and I doubt they would be alive should they actually have met Sophyra Bridlington when not subdued. The reason she has yet to be executed is a simple one, it was requested that information be extracted from her by members of the Disciples of Light and as such that is a work in progress. She will not be trialled as she has recently attained demonhood and as such does not have any rights, however I assure you that public execution will be arranged once the Disciples concur that all that is necessary has been done.

To avoid further inaccurate and slanderous information I recommend you check with the proper sources before you publish. I would also demand a retraction of words that serve to slander myself and a public apology in order to avoid unnecessary implications under the law.

Patience Conquers

Lord Minister Braiden Arthur Bernard Mistmantle,
Stormwind Minister of Justice, Baron of Mistmantle and Count of Foxworth

The Stormwind Times - Page 3 Mistmantle
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Dear Lord Minister Braiden Arthur Bernard Mistmantle.

I am sad to inform you that the reporter who was to do your interview, got other wise occupied as things as you know do happen within our Kingdom. It is however true and without a doubt that you are not in the posession of Sophyra Bridlington. And it is indeed possible to meet with her without being subdued. So.. You claim to have a prisoner still that you do not, amusing dear Lord Minister. I do hope you have such hold of her that she comes to you on a whim, for alas last I spoke to her myself is less than a week ago. And then she was most certaintly not in Stormwind. So when speaking of facts, check your own. I know she can change form Minister, but she sadly is not that good at changing personality or proper -true- looks.

Signed: Loreli Dunell
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:56 am

To: Miss Loreli Dunell

With your supposed resourcefulness you should be working in law enforcement. It seems to me that if you have the possibility to contact Sophyra Bridlington was she actually roaming free withholding such information from the law reflects poorly on yourself.

I believe that if this story is not fabricated entirely by yourself, you have been the victim of an elaborate scheme by an illusionist. In fact I would have offered to show you that Sophyra Bridlington is in my custody but I believe you are quite compromised. I would also once again add that the Disciples of Light have access to her at any time as they are tasked with interrogating her. Does it not seem like poor planning on my part to have it like this if I had in fact fabricated the situation?

At any rate you are requested to report to the local authorities for imprisonment following interrogation on account possibly colaborating with cultists or invoulentairy exposiure to dark influence to be cleansed. Should you refuse to comply there will be a warrant out for your arrest.

Patience Conquers

Lord Minister Braiden Arthur Bernard Mistmantle,
Stormwind Minister of Justice, Baron of Mistmantle and Count of Foxworth

The Stormwind Times - Page 3 Mistmantle
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:24 am

To Lord Minister Braiden Arthur Bernard Mistmantle.

I will of course report to the Disciples of Light, without a question provided you are not anywhere near, when that comes to pass. I did however not break any laws all of this took place outside of our Kingdom. As for contacting her, I do assure you the lady herself contacted me. For an illusion she knew far too well the secrets of Sophyra Bridlington. So I suggest your Disciples first of all sends a written statement to the Stormwind Times proving by their own words, that they can be sure she have never ever escaped your care. As I firmly do believe Minister that you are very wrong. And what am I a poor reporter to do against a demon summoner? Truly? Scream perhaps dear Minister. When the woman herself was so eager to drink tea and tell me how your master plan could not be proved? I believe Minister that my life is on the line here. So I suggest you give solid proof and the same check on your own person as you are asking of me. As I have nothing to hide.

I shall contact the Disciples myself, as soon as I am back in Stormwind.
As right now Minister and also while drinking this cup of tea with Lady Bridlington I was not in the Kingdom of his majesty our King so I was somewhere our laws does not apply, funny how a demoness who knows I know her past, did not wish to see me in Stormwind... Especially as she is supposed to be in your care, funny enough you do not keep her in the usual place for prisoners, the jail. So none would be able to verify, that she indeed was not with you all along. And you will surely by now have summoned her back into your place. Make sure to tell her I do not like beer. As for the lady; she said to thank you for giving her a reason to have a vacation. And one day, please do me the honor of showing me your true form.. Unless of course that was an illusion, the rest however is not possible is one, you see I know what she likes to look like, what she likes to do and what she is missing.. One day I might even have to take whats hers and give it back.

- signed Loreli Dundell
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:31 pm

*Telaira sighs reading the letters* "Such an annoying noble"
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet
Name: Larnira Darkmist
Title: Cadet in the Blades for Hire

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:41 am

To miss Telaira Ambervein, from Areyah Conover, Minister of Defense

TUESDAY, Dec. 24th. [29]

Miss Ambervein,

A legal proceeding has started regarding Lord Minister Braiden Arthur Bernard Mistmantle. Therefore, you are hereby summoned to appear in person at the Stormwind Command Center by the end of this month for questioning regarding information that has been published in a recent issue of your paper, the Stormwind Times. Please bring any relevant documents or sources when you appear.

Failure to comply with this Summons may result in legal action.

Thank you.

Regards,

Areyah Conover
Minister of Defense

The Stormwind Times - Page 3 Conovercrestsmall

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:56 am

*Telaira reads over the letter and grabs her head swearing*
"oh fuck no... I have to delay the new issue..."
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Due to holidays and so on the issue 7 is to be delayed until all reporters are back in game! Stay patient!
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Issue 7 now out! New with pictures!
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevarda Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:18 pm

((Loved it! Great work... enjoyable read, I do wonder who this Silver Lion vigilantly could be? I am sure however whoever they are would defiantly be up for an interview))
Nevarda
Nevarda

Character sheet
Name: Nevarda Marianna
Title: Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:49 pm

Extra, Extra! Special Issue of the Stormwind Times!
Read exclusive interviews! Vigilante justice! Cultist attacks! Letters from an anarchist!
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Being shown the piece on Braiden by Braiden while talking about how we are working to keep the investigation quiet....

Not a good day for Areyah.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:03 pm

oh, I just realised that Larnira forgot to post an artists redition of the Silver Lion, how silly of him/her.
Therefore, consider this picture and subsequent caption to be listed directly under the articles regarding the Silver Lion.
Spoiler:
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevarda Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:24 am

That's amazing... I'm speechless!
Nevarda
Nevarda

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:26 am

To the Stormwind Times. From Areyah Conover, Minister of Defense.

Ministry of Defense
MONDAY, Jan. 14th. [30]

This is a notice that your newspaper is printing seditious libel. Your recent January 13th "Special Edition" publication has included a letter from "Z", an individual believed to be linked with known enemies of the state. By circulating this publication, which contains intentional misinformation regarding ongoing investigations, you are assisting enemies of the state in inciting unrest and hostility against Stormwind officials.

You are hereby demanded to issue a public statement retracting the "Z" letter, and to remove the letter from all future publications of the January 13th Special Edition publication. Additionally, any further slandering of Stormwind officials in your newspapers, or circulating of cultist writings, will result in legal action.

King's honour,

Areyah Conover
Minister of Defense

The Stormwind Times - Page 3 Conovercrestsmall
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevarda Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:03 pm

Actually... I can't contain myself. That picture of The Silver Lion is so amazing I just -must- know who drew it, you need cakes and hugs! Pronto!
Nevarda
Nevarda

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Nevarda wrote:Actually... I can't contain myself. That picture of The Silver Lion is so amazing I just -must- know who drew it, you need cakes and hugs! Pronto!
Unfortunately, and I'm loath to admit it, this was shameless taken from Google. However, I'm planning to drawing my own pictures from now on, so hopefully It will all work out in the end.

EDIT!
Nevarda wrote:Hehe, I had this cleared up for me by a guild mate... I misunderstood, feel a little embarrassed... but COME ON! It looks so close, for me to be fooled... well, there we go, that's some seriously good googling! *bows*
Not really, I Googled "Sketch of woman in white holding lantern", then simply made a slight edit to a picture that came up to remove some butterflies Smile

Last edited by Domovoi on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevarda Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Hehe, I had this cleared up for me by a guild mate... I misunderstood, feel a little embarrassed... but COME ON! It looks so close, for me to be fooled... well, there we go, that's some seriously good googling! *bows*
Nevarda
Nevarda

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:51 pm

The following is published by the Stormwind Times, with copy of the letter the newspaper recieved by Areyah Conover, and the newspapers reply below it.
Spoiler:

To Minister Conover, and the Grand Alliance.
We here at the Stormwind Times would merely like to point out that we are a privately held business, and we print articles due to the interest in them, and the amount we are paid to print those articles. We would like to point out that articles written by members of the public do not represent the newspapers official views.
In light of this, we would like to point out that the article in question, by the mysterious "Z", does -not- show our viewpoints on the matter. We would hope that the community would take everything we print with a grain of salt.

Furthermore, if Minister Conover has any evidence that refutes the claim by Z, regarding Minister Mistmantle, then she should feel more than free enough to send it to us, and we will willing print that information, without the usual charges.
Kings Honor!
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Issue Seven of the Stormwind Times is reprinted, minus the letter by Z. So, from 14.01.13 onwards, ignore that letter.
Along with the reprint, the following apology has replaced the letter by Z.

To the public, the Ministers, and the King.
We at the Stormwind Times would like to publically apologise to all injured parties involved in the printing of a letter by the anarchist known as Z. We would also like to state that it was not our intention to rush ahead with the issue without making the appropriate interviews and research into the matter involved. In that respect, we would like to make it known that we will ensure in future that we shall investigate the incident and events mentioned in order to find out the truth for our readers.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3