Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Stormwind Times

+16
Ralegh
Gogol
Lexgrad
Thondalar Stormleaf
Allonia_Miral
Zhakiri
Silferdrake
Braiden
Feral / Blackfall
Sharyssa/Adenah
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Feydor
Aadaria-Ioanna
Melnerag
Skarain
Larnira
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Stormwind Times Empty The Stormwind Times

Post by Larnira Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:23 pm

The Stormwind Times 815e8911

The Stormwind Times are recruiting!

Whenever you are a writer or a town crier the Stormwind Times need you! The times are a quite new newspaper company and we already have our happy custometers! We need Editors, Reporters and Town criers to make the Stormwind Times the best newspaper in the Alliance and we count on your help! Currently if you wish to help our cause please send a letter to Telaira Ambervein or find her ICly.

OOC

I created this guild because i thought people ICly should have a better view on things that happen in the city. i plan on releasing the newspaper every 1-2 weeks with a few pages. Also there is a possibility of me putting in your guild adverts into the paper so just find me in game or send me a message. I also want to inform you that you may send diffrent stories to either Telaira or Larnira so i can put them in the newspaper. I hope you will all enjoy reading it in the future. I will place them on the forum too (As import codes for GHI)-

Issue One (24.08)-
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Issue Two (31.08)

Spoiler:

Issue 4
Spoiler:

Issue 5
Spoiler:

Issue 6
Spoiler:

Issue 7
Spoiler:

Special Issue
Spoiler:

Last edited by Larnira on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 10 times in total
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet
Name: Larnira Darkmist
Title: Cadet in the Blades for Hire

Back to top Go down

The Stormwind Times Empty Re: The Stormwind Times

Post by Skarain Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Datacorruption on GHI. Post is as code. It should be an option...somewhere.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:38 pm

Just post it on the forums. I tried sharing GHI-code, and it never worked for me. Only alternative is to put the code in a note-pad file and upload it somewhere.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:27 am

Incoming articles of interviews soon work in progress for next edition ^^
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:06 am

Ill repost them as word files or only writing when i get a chance
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:21 am

You can try Putting them in code tags eg [code£]hdhdhdjfuf[/code£] but without the pound signs
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:43 am

So people can only read the paper whilst being in the game (GHI)? I can't login to the game atm but yet I'd like to follow newspapers as they're most of the time awesome on defias brotherhood.

O well, great iniative anyways.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:42 am

Okay fixed it into a code so now you can import it, ill also add it written in the spoiler so you can read it directly from here
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:20 pm

Issue Two now out! With a surprise!
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:03 pm

Awww you didnt put it all into this issue *Gasp*
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:04 pm

We have a few technical problems, i edited both issue and the present with it but noone i gave it too can actually open it... ideas why or feedback? If its cause of the old GHi ill just wait for one-two weeks so people get the new one
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:59 pm

I could transfer it fine to GHI Smile
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:06 pm

GHI had a version out for several hours that borked readable items. Just dl the newest version Smile

Also... Don't go to Duskwood *nod*
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Feral thanks for the warning Wink its also in our newspaper and i hope you like the lawbook too! New issue out in about two weeks
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:56 pm

ill also add it written in the spoiler so you can read it directly from here

Much <3
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:52 am

ill also add it written in the spoiler so you can read it directly from here
Could you add this to the new additions aswell?
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:17 am

Ill make sure to do that when i have a chance Braiden
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Sorry for the delay of this issue but i've got a few events upcoming that i want to write about, it should come out later this week or on the start/middle of the next one, thanks for patience
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:02 am

*Waits eagerly*
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Im really sorry for all those delays, im currently really busy RL but ill try to get the new issue ready this weekend
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:34 am

(( Larnira poked me if I could publish this first post. So throwing in the others who didnt come in the 2nd edition too to fill it up some. As my GHI is bugging I will not make it in GHI ))

Stormwind Times Edition 3.

We apologize for the delay of the newspaper, we have suffered a break down in the machinery.
So in the time being we hope you can all settle with this. We promise to have the newspaper up and running in no time.

Latest news:

Several bodies have been found, with the same notes. The black hand clutching around a human heart.

Other than that our full articles on the last political stunts as well as the fall of Theramore and all that follows with this. will come.

On behalf of the paper we do apologize, once more.

We have one article that got done before the machinery broke down. And some older ones. Wrapped together into a smaller paper edition then expected.

Missing: Lady Reihna Beaumont.

I was sent an envelope some days ago. I have burned what the envelope contained as instructed by the words written outside the envelope itself. And I shall do my best to follow these instructions to the letter.

“Dear Citizen’s of Stormwind. We are facing times of tyrrani and corruption. Large posters have covered the walls of our beautiful city. Not written by me. But if these words gets published, then do know I do not have a single regret. You may be finding me, or have found me floating in the canals as Thelos was found.. And perhaps my body will never be recovered, perhaps I am held against my will being tortured. What I do know is, the lack of proof alone will speak measures as proof to me.

Nilda Meywrick, ordered executed, then not being so, imprisoned then released on a whim. No explanations offered.
I did something.. I sent words out, only to find myself being gagged.. By our own minister.. I can allow my own life to be taken, the risk is mine, but do not doubt these words. Our minister of justice, our enforcer of law threatens people on their lives, somehow he does have half of our city in his pocket. What magical hold he does have on people, what he blackmails them with, what kind of rituals he does. I do not know.
But my silence was bought. Bought with the lives of others. I am noble, I was a woman who earned her lives pay by the death of others, I was a woman who did come to work as a mercenary but that does not mean I am a thug. It does not mean I do not know the value of honor. And it does not mean that who- ever he threatens to kill that I do not value what’s right over seeing those I love being treated as lapdogs to a power hungry mongrel named Braiden Mistmantle.

Nilda is not the first, she will not be the last. Do not let Braiden’s guards, his position or his words convince you otherwise. It is time our council, our king, did what is right. For allowing Braiden Mistmantle to torture innocents, kill those who speaks out against him for his crimes, no matter the lacking proof. For he is.. And that I will give him.. Good at hiding his works. People does his dirty deeds for him and the few times he makes his own hands dirty, there are more than enough people in his pockets to cover any tracks, spread the blame and cause doubt.
If I ever return to Stormwind. If I survive this, at all. Then I hope… Our Minister in the least is smart enough to not follow up on his threats. As more letters are to be sent at certain dates, for the longer time I am gone. Kill them Braiden Mistmantle, make good of all of your threats.. And rest assured the documents, the letters, to come… Will be your end..

I do not know what else to do. I have paid my price in blood for this Kingdom, in the name of our King, in the name of the laws and all that is honorable. Stand up. For Braiden Mistmantle is taking the freedom of you all. Now is the time to finally ensure that he is no longer with the power he so love to abuse. I am loosing every person ever being dear to me by doing this. I will likely lose any connection I have had in Stormwind, my friends, my family. All there is.. And who is to blame for this? Me.. for speaking against a lawbreaker, a corrupted minister? Or the minister himself. I will leave this up to you.. And to all those I hold dear to my heart… I am sorry.. But there was no way I could allow this to go on.. In time I hope you can all forgive me. This is no rash decision made. And you know who you are when I say this. I love you… I love you all so much. But time have passed, where no words have been shared. And I will rather know I died trying to aid, then have you live a life without freedom and honor. The very things you changed your life to gain.. I love you, but I love you more as a free soul, than the lapdog of a corrupted bloody piece of shit.. Forgive me..

- signed Reihna Beaumont. “

These are the words sent. Considering all the speculations around Nilda’s case. The very clear instructions following with this letter, the latest rumors and former observations, lack of any answers from our Minister of Justice to the letters asking for words with him, it was reasonable to follow the instructions on this letter in the light of all the recent posters around Stormwind about the man in question.

The words are written down to the letter, no alterations have been made of the words of Reihna Beaumont, of House Beaumont, former or current soldier in Blades for Hire. It is safe to assume that Reihna Beaumont is missing, likely dead. During a previous conversation attempted with Reihna Beaumont she appeared nervous, determined and sad. Her only comment at that time was:
“If you knew the price of what you wish me to answer, you would never ever open your lips again. “
Followed by a faint: “I am so truly sorry.” And that was the last seen of her on our account.
If anyone have any more information about our minister of Justice. Speak out! We can keep it all anonymous. We are warned that those who do speak out with name will face sedition charges. Ministers of Stormwind, council members wake up! This is no joke anymore. Act before there is no council left. Remove the corrupted.
- L.D

Last edited by Aadaria-Ioanna on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:38 am

The deaths of Anethion.

Not long ago the former High Inquisitor of the Chapter of Holy Anethion; Aldric Essaulus Helmfrid was killed. Only days ago the Vicar, Osmand Lightguard died in his sleep. Rumors does speak of that he did not die a natural death. On the day of his funeral it is said that the Vanquisher, Greagoir Otto was murdered. Apparently by cultists. But few wishes to speak loud about who…
Some kind of conspiracy is clearly happening. All the leaders of the order have been taken out. An inside job? Or are the cults rising, for it is beyond doubt more than one.. This powerful?

If so this is grim news, not just for the followers of Anethion but for every citizen of Stormwind.
They might have been zealots, but they were still good soldiers, warriors of lights, not easily taken out.
If the rumors or who, spoken in faint whispers are true… Then there will be a new chapter of darkness spreading over us all… And people will need to pick sides in a battle of good, evil, light, darkness, politics and laws. The question is, who will win? And what side will you dear readers take, when truth is revealed?

On a side note: Rumors speaks of a daughter of Anethion. If anyone have any information of this supposed daughter, we in the Stormwind Times would like to hear from you.

- Loreli Dundell.
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:45 am

Interview with the former High Inquisitor.

The former High Inquisitor of the Chapter, speaks to the public.

Within a bar in Stormwind, is where we decided to meet. I can feel my own tension as I sit there waiting, for few have had the pleasure to meet this man without weapons in hand, or so I have been told.

Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title/position:
Sevant of the Church of Holy Light and Squire of the Disciples of Light.
Former position in the Chapter of Holy Anethion: High Inquisitor.
Why did you leave the Chapter?
Information brought to light of a deep rooted corruption I could no longer associate myself with, unfortunately. However I do remain Anethionean.. Make sure you get that part down.
What kind of corruption?
A corruption of ideals.. values.. protocol.. Though I'm sure your readers would very much like to hear of one in particular. That the Abbot, Osmand Lightguard, hid Vincent Whitecastle.. a.k.a 'Vulture', from the Alliance.
Are there any proof of him doing so?

They were arrested for doing so, miss.

Then I am sure I will find out more about that from the records. What else made you leave?

Their use of dark arts and the holding of forbidden artifacts within their vaults in Northshire.

Forbidden artifacts? So you are saying that the chapter have, dark relics and the like and practices dark magic?
They once did yes, they were arrested for such and their vaults scoured.
Such artifacts have now been destroyed but there will likely be records.

How is your current situation with the chapter?
I am a strong believer of Stormwind justice and the purity of Mankind, make sure you get that down in your report. I could not associate myself with this 'Chapter' any longer with such appalling crimes and heresies they commit. Hostile, to say the least.

I assured him I would quote him entirely and I have to the very letter done so.
Finally. The tip of the iceberg you might say.
I am listening.
The daughter of Anethion himself lives and breathes. This knowledge drove the Abbot, Osmand Lightguard, to order his Inquisition to find and slay her so that there may be no contestant or threat to his chair of Abbot.
You say the daughter of Anethion himself is alive?
Even if not the daughter of Anethion, he'd have his Inquisition slay an innocent girl, still illegal within the kingdom of Stormwind I think you'll find. Records of her existance, a bloodline traced, led us to believe she resides in Theramore.
Does she have a name?
I cannot disclose that information, miss. For her own wellbeing.
That I understand. It is a shame though as I would like to hear her story

As would I..
Maybe you could arrange something? With a promise of me keeping her name unknown, or even left untold to me?
Perhaps he said then,
She is hiding however.
Not even I could find her so easily.
Anyhow.. What else do you wish to know?

I would like to know of the woman who left the chapter at the same time you did. I heard of some shooting?
Indeed, my wife Mellinda Helmfrid.
Care to tell me what happened?
Well.. I, as High-Inquisitor, discovered of a Necromancer hidden within the ranks of the Chapter by the Abbot, Osmand Lightguard.. I had ordered the Inquisition, as was my right, to arrest her..
Yet they turned against me, on a counter order by the Abbot. They took my wife, Mellinda Helmfrid, and shot her in an attempt to punish me for standing against the Abbot's word.

Did this come to trial?
It did not. They were arrested upon the claims, yet released. Apparently.. 'Far too politically messy."

That is.. horrible to hear. Your wife did survive obviously.. But politics should not stand in the way of justice..
She almost lost her life that night, too.
Who decided they were to be released?
He is unsure.
Apologies, though I and my wife distanced ourselves from the legal affairs, it was a rather traumatic time for us.

I.. think I understand that sir.. And I only have a few questions left.. You may not your head or shake it if you dont wish to elaborate..

Was count Braiden Mistmantle involved in the release of the Chapter?
No comment.

Often one hears of the chapter using torture on their prisoners taken outside the boundaries of the law, out of ten times, how many would you say they do torture on their prisoners?
Nine.
I think.. that will do for now sir. Am I allowed to contact you again if I want some elaboration on these matters or something new?
A final comment, if I may
I'd like to remind your readers..
That Anethioneans do exist that are not a part of the Chapter.
And they are very.. -very- different from it.

I shall ensure that is written down very visible.. sir

And this I did.. The man is now unaccounted for.

Did what people saw happen to him in the council room truly happen? Is this man dead? If anyone does know.. We would like to hear from -you!-

Now we can all wonder if the daughter of Anethion herself fell during the fall of Theramore.. Will we ever get to know if such a daughter exists? Does the Chapter truly torture this many people? Did our Minister of Justice clean this situation up, did he sweap it under the carpet? What are our laws like these days!

Any information on these things if you got it.. We want it!

Last edited by Aadaria-Ioanna on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:46 am

Off the record! By Loreli Dundell.

SI:7 influencing our laws?

From a good source I was alerted of a years old problem within our very city.
Words of how some among SI:7 are taking law within their own hands.
Not only do they force people to resign from their positions, but they have also been involved in other unpleasant things. Now some speak of how they might be forcing our Grand Magistrate to rule as they dictate to eliminate “threat to the security of the realm”.
How much of this is true, I wondered as I left my source in promise of keeping this off the record…
With this information I began digging around in the old archives. I found little that can be counted as proof, but I did find cases where several people who would have been found guilty, had walked free. I found several cases of “missing” evidence from years back, from the first days of our council, from the order known as the Dark Sphere. I found several claims and reports of “supposed SI:7” who had threatened, nearly killed both nobles and store owners, people who had changed their witness testimonies and what not. But if this is at all true? Only the SI:7 themselves can respond to that.

The Chapter of Holy Anethion practices dark arts.
For long there have been stories, claims and trials as well of how the Chapter of Holy Anethion takes law into their own hands. They were trialed for killing their former Protector Imanuel, their claim was his abuse of dark arts, a traitor to the Alliance and our King. But for this they got judged for murder.

Their former Protector Imanuel was a hot topic in his days, burning innocent women in Darkshire, in front of the citizens of Darkshire, in front of children… Women he claimed was witches. Burned alive on the pyre’s made by “his” people.
At the same time one of their people shot the then current council member Mandui, claiming she was a being of shadow.
In dark corners all over Stormwind the stories of torture, forced conversions, suffering and torment is told. But few dares to speak out about the truth of this order, few of their victims comes forth. Why?
I fear it is simple. They take the laws into their own hands, fight for the good of the light, in the name of their prophet Anethion. With a clear moral. Its better to take one too many, than one too few.
For how long will this stand? I urge the former victims to approach me, to speak out. To let the truth about these self-proclaimed vanquishers of evil, come out into the sunlight.
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:58 am

Stormwind Times wants to hear from you:

We ask you citizens of Stormwind to contact us if you:
Have a good story.
Have questions.
Ideas of things you feel we should investigate
Important information such as:
Death announcements, weddings and events.

We also have a column called:
Ask Jenna.
Send us your questions, stories, ideas and important news, help us to enlighten all the citizens in our beloved city.
Want to stay anonymous? No problem.
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down