Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return to Mount Hyjal (Cataclysm update)

+6
Ataris
Geldar
Wubeh
Magaskawee/Anaei
Sanara
Gunnell
10 posters

Go down

Return to Mount Hyjal (Cataclysm update) Empty Return to Mount Hyjal (Cataclysm update)

Post by Gunnell Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:36 pm

As a part of our ongoing coverage of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, we now bring you a first look at what's in store for players levels 78-82 in Mount Hyjal, a historic piece of land long shielded by Malfurion Stormrage from adventurers so that the world tree, Nordrassil, could heal. In the wake of Deathwing’s cataclysmic return, a simple shielding of dense foliage will no longer do the trick. Mount Hyjal now lies exposed to the Elemental Plane of fire, where a very angry Ragnaros plots his revenge against all life on Azeroth. Read on to find out how you must help some of Azeroth’s most legendary heroes, ancients, and demigods in order to save Nordrassil in Mount Hyjal.

http://www.wow-europe.com/cataclysm/features/hyjal.html

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Return to Mount Hyjal (Cataclysm update) Empty Re: Return to Mount Hyjal (Cataclysm update)

Post by Gunnell Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:41 pm

For years, Mount Hyjal and the wounded World Tree, Nordrassil, have remained cut off from the rest of Azeroth. Sealed away within a protective field of dense foliage by Malfurion Stormrage, Nordrassil has been slowly recovering from the devastation of the Third War, when Malfurion called upon the tree's power to destroy the archdemon Archimonde and repel the forces of the Burning Legion and Scourge. Now, with the impending cataclysm, the World Tree's well-being is threatened once more. From the Firelands within the Elemental Plane, Ragnaros and his minions prepare to burst into Hyjal and set Nordrassil ablaze -- and the conflagration would endanger all life on Azeroth.

In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, players will have the opportunity to explore the newly reopened Mount Hyjal as Azeroth's heroes, with the help of Ysera, Malfurion Stormrage and Hamuul Runetotem, are called upon to push back the armies of the Firelord, banish Ragnaros to the Elemental Plane and lay waste to the twilight dragon stronghold in nearby Darkwhisper Gorge. This all-new level 78-82 zone will feature multiple quest hubs, phased terrain and quest lines, portals to micro-zones within the Firelands, an all-new raid dungeon, and much more.

The World Tree
Players will be able to enter Hyjal by way of Moonglade, to take on a series of high-stakes quests in a historic location alongside some of Azeroth's most renowned heroes. With a longstanding rivalry among the night elf leadership threatening to undermine the campaign against Deathwing, players will quickly discover the task of defending Nordrassil is more daunting than they had anticipated. In order to succeed, they must seek out the help of extremely powerful allies: the Ancients.

The Ancients
To protect Nordrassil and heal the devastation the invading fire elementals are causing across Mount Hyjal, players must first recapture the shrine of the wolf god Goldrinn. The ogres surrounding the shrine will not leave peacefully, but seizing the shrine will allow players their first opportunity to infiltrate the Firelands and shut down a key Twilight portal, slowing the advance of the nearby Twilight's Hammer in Hyjal.

With the first portal dismantled, players will soon be sought by the wilderness spirit Aessina to assist in cleansing and healing the nearby forest, ultimately returning the land to its former splendor. This small victory, however, isn't enough to deter the Twilight Remnants from attempting to scorch the forest once more. As you struggle to keep these foes at bay, you'll also need to help the Guardians of Hyjal -- a new neutral faction of druids and worshippers of the Ancients -- repopulate the forest with animal life. It's even rumored that Malorne has been spotted in the wilderness. Perhaps further investigation is necessary....

Amid the chaos, the Druids of the Talon will need players' assistance to resurrect the goddess of winged creatures. Players begin the process by helping to slay a group of black dragons and closing a second Firelands portal from within. Just when you think things might be heating up, you'll need to fight through a burning night elf town to shut down the third and final portal with the assistance of the turtle god Tortollus.

Darkwhisper Gorge
Your successes in Hyjal will ultimately lead you to the assembly of the Ancients, who have set a plan in motion to bring a powerful ally and demigod back into this realm. Before that can happen, however, you will need to infiltrate Darkwhisper Gorge disguised as a follower of the Twilight's Hammer, acting quickly to sow discord within the entrenched faction, weakening it for the coming struggle. Only time will tell if the Ancients' plan is a success -- but you'll need to do your part if there's any hope of saving Mount Hyjal from the twilight dragons, Ragnaros, and his minions of the Elemental Plane.

Firelands
More information on this all-new level-85 raid dungeon is coming soon.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Return to Mount Hyjal (Cataclysm update) Empty Re: Return to Mount Hyjal (Cataclysm update)

Post by Sanara Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Well I officially have a new favourite cyber spot. That place is gorgeous.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:06 pm

The Well Eternity is.. Beautiful. SO glad they did it.

OMG AVIANA WILL BE IN GAME!!!! <3

AND CENARIUS!? I MUST NOT RACE CHANGE MY DRUID!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:18 pm

You should racechange your druid to a troll.

Yes, you should.

*Attempts at a jedi mind trick*
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:23 pm

Wubeh wrote:You should racechange your druid to a troll.

Yes, you should.

I'd make an awesome Troll Druid.

But I wouldn't be a druid, i'd play a primal or some such. Probably of Bethekk to make an excuse to be a 'panther'.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Anaei wrote:

Yes, you should.

But I wouldn't be a druid, i'd play a primal or some such. Probably of Bethekk to make an excuse to be a 'panther'.

Ha ha ha ha! XD!!

You love that loa, don't you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:54 pm

Another war front on which the Horde & Alliance will fight the enemies of Azeroth and eachother on. Let us hope that Blizzard does not majorly FUCK UP with the territory as they have with so many in the past, and not to mention the shallow quest lines and lack of epicness to some elements of the subject. If there is something i`d like to see implemented, it should be the epicness at the AQ opening and the quests around it. Something that will give you the true feeling of fighting a GOD.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Doubt we'll see any true return to vanilla. The game is not what it was back then and I doubt it will ever be.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:42 pm

Ataris you are the negative Eldar! ... Warlock or whatever! Neeegative!
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:49 pm

I'm being neutral!
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Ataris wrote:I'm being neutral!

You have no strong feelings one way or the other?

I see...
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:55 pm

Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.

Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Dharum wrote:

I see...

I was just mimicking you, remember?

Don't make me go all Warlock on you. That's just depressing.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Ataris wrote:
Dharum wrote:

I see...

I was just mimicking you, remember?

Don't make me go all Warlock on you. That's just depressing.

Bring it on! As if you could ever do anything besides guild kick and mute to me!
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Felinaa/Dijie/Finnabhair wrote:
Anaei wrote:

Yes, you should.

Ha ha ha ha! XD!!

In all our fighting, in all our times of strife. Even you Dijie gotta admit. I sold Bethekk well. Hell I may aswell have been going door to door mauling those who wouldn't convert!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by avaiel Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 am

Does the fact that the world tree is healing mean that night elves will regain their immortality?
avaiel
avaiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:03 pm

avaiel wrote:Does the fact that the world tree is healing mean that night elves will regain their immortality?

No. They would have to be re-blessed by Ysera and Norzormudu aswell as Alexstrasza.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Anaei wrote:
Anaei wrote:

Yes, you should.

Ha ha ha ha! XD!!

In all our fighting, in all our times of strife. Even you Dijie gotta admit. I sold Bethekk well. Hell I may aswell have been going door to door mauling those who wouldn't convert!

The Champions were never really that active, in my time. And when I plotted and took the title for the loa I wanted, I kinda got my head slammed against the floor for it, then got the shaft shortly after. =\

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Vashj'ir: Surviving the Depths
Quote from: Blizzard (Source)
Once a great Highborne city housing some of the most revered night elves of Kalimdor, Vashj'ir was swallowed by the Great Sea in the Sundering and thought to be lost forever. Queen Azshara, formerly a beloved leader of the Highborne, escaped death in the depths of the sea when the Well of Eternity imploded. Such salvation came at a great cost, as the queen and many of her fellow Highborne were forever transformed into the monstrous naga, doomed to wander the seas for thousands of years. Their existence mostly remains a mystery to the peoples of modern Azeroth, though the Earthen Ring has learned of Azshara's naga seizing Vashj'ir for an unknown purpose as the cries of the elements echo across Azeroth from the Abyss.

The Sunken City
Vashj'ir is a level 78-82 zone in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm where players will be called to explore the depths of the Great Sea and stop the naga from seizing immeasurable power from the realm of Neptulon the Tidehunter. This expansive underwater zone will feature an unprecedented fight for survival against the naga overwhelming the area, several new quest hubs -- including Alliance and Horde naval ships and submarines -- all-new underwater travel and combat mechanics, several pocketed undersea caves free from water's grip, two new five-player dungeons (Throne of the Tides and Abyssal Maw), and the first-ever opportunity to explore the remains of the once-majestic city of Vashj'ir!

Bottled Distress Message Found Adrift at Sea
Need your help. Time is short. I'm held captive in what I hope to be a nightmare.

Enjoying the ocean air just days ago. We were determined to control key trade routes through victory at sea over the Horde. Their fleet came into our scopes. Our world became the deafening sound of battle, the smell of gunpowder, and the feeling of fear. Looking back now, though, that wasn't real fear.

We weren't alone in those waters. Our naval warfare attracted attention and rendered us prey. With our vessel already torn apart and taking on water, we saw a tremendous creature rise from the depths and shatter the hull, sucking us down to the sea floor. It all happened so fast. I was quick to tread the waters, hoping to regroup with any survivors I could find through a dense garden of kelp, constantly gasping for a chance breath. That's when the onslaught began. From all directions swarms of brutal naga swept through and captured a great many of us. Beaten near to death, I awoke in agony, bound in chains.

And here I still sit. I can only describe our prison as very big and somehow very much alive. We're in the hands of the naga now. Surviving crewmates in better condition than me are driven into slave labor.

One escaped. Thomas. He didn't make it far before I saw him dragged back. Before being forced into labor, he spoke in a panic about some large shell protecting this living prison, expansive night elf ruins in the distance, strange naga rituals underway, and sea vrykul battling our captors. He made little sense. Could be mad. Or I could be mad to hope vrykul are fighting to free us.

Prison patrols out again. Send word to Stormwind. Sunken city far from extinct. Naga plotting something horrific. Please help.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/vashj%27ir-surviving-the-depths/

Om nom nom Nagas
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Anaei wrote:
Anaei wrote:

Yes, you should.

Ha ha ha ha! XD!!

I just slept with the High Priest. It seemed to work. Oj! WEll, not really only joking.. But I sort of showed interest from the minute Nailizzia excisted to the minute she was murdered in Bethekk. So if anyone had denied I didn't worship her well, pffff.

The Champions were never really that active, in my time. And when I plotted and took the title for the loa I wanted, I kinda got my head slammed against the floor for it, then got the shaft shortly after. =\

I just slept with the HIgh PRiest. Oj! Well, not.. joking but.. I was just quite forceful with my purpose. Even when hexxed Tziak never severed the link to Bethekk.

Last edited by Anaei on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:19 am

Ima get me one of these, then get me some naga!

Return to Mount Hyjal (Cataclysm update) Big-Daddy-650x406
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:23 am

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:49 am

24 hours late Razz

Looks badass though, Epic Staff anyone?
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down