Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community Mass and Theological discussions

+27
Lexgrad
Seranita
Tuomas/Decurius
erwtenpeller
Feeniks
Rae Wulfgnar
Thelos
Melnerag
Aweng
Elric/Richard
Raene
Quin
Ara
Velspeth
Rashka
Drustai
Finnabhair
Nifty
Allonia_Miral
Ixirar
Rmuffn
corleth
siegmund
Dréfurion
Jondalar Greenfury
Skarain
Ralegh
31 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

When should be it held?

Community Mass and Theological discussions - Page 10 Vote_lcap24%Community Mass and Theological discussions - Page 10 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]
Community Mass and Theological discussions - Page 10 Vote_lcap19%Community Mass and Theological discussions - Page 10 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 4 ]
Community Mass and Theological discussions - Page 10 Vote_lcap33%Community Mass and Theological discussions - Page 10 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 7 ]
Community Mass and Theological discussions - Page 10 Vote_lcap24%Community Mass and Theological discussions - Page 10 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

Community Mass and Theological discussions - Page 10 Empty Re: Community Mass and Theological discussions

Post by Amaryl Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Thanks all for coming, I'm sorry if I went to fast for some of you, or some got lost inside the spam, anyway, enjoy(or not):

'Shine III the search for Stonehead wrote:

Welcome, I am Djego Stonehead, and I'm grateful and happy to speak to you all for a third time. It has been a while, but my goal is still the same. We can all shine.
As always we shall start with a silent prayer.

Today, my mass will start with a series of images filled with words. Be mindful though, for this is history, these are the tales of the light, that we live each and every day, the simple struggles and solutions we choose, and the ramifications we have to carry.

The library wing to west is opposed, across the hall the east catacombs hold.
The red from the north stands against the blue in the south.  
These marble steps; with blood should weep for Light?

Debate turns to anger, as the white-cross' feet rises from the floor.
Tendrils clench, muscles contract and the year of understanding falls silent with a snap.
A broken neck, a mournful song, still two brows have turned to frowns.  
Did this further the Light?

Flesh falls on to the parapet, as singeing stench offends.
Dark armour shrouds our altar pure, let's push him out from grace.
Do souls refuse Light's hold in shame of deeds, or we prevent its aid?

A brotherhood divided, verging on different paths.
A young priest troubled for his order drags the blue around the table
through locks of raven hair, shed at their feet.

A man of fur, a man of armour's playing with knife and pole of wood.  
His friends approach, one hand, then two turn into ten and thus the barricade stood.

A man's floating across the water, knees aching inside his robes.  Moving towards the cathedral, his hat flows beneath the surf'.
Another worry the list will hold, if not the soldier's retrieving hand; Red hair and knowing smile, friends stand side by side.

The garden bench is warmed by lovely presence; slowly the squirrels are fed the bread.
My steps approach in solemn tempo, my smile wards of her startling freight.
She and I the blue bar enter; a tasty drink we share inside.

A brush of hair, tucked behind an ear, her lips my eyes attends.
Her hands cross forth the distance; between my legs her grip takes hold.
I want to freeze this time forever, though Light's Hymn just draws me tight, right in the place, the sun's glow dares not be bright.

Fingers interlocked across her belly; the sturdy bump new life presents.  
My heart is pounding, a few more days 'fore Light's embrace.  

The fence is really sturdy; the child's chase ends, here at this place.
The bird makes valiant, his escape, atop the breeze, towards horizon's edge.  
The boy looks on amazed, afore returning to mom's pain soothing kiss.

Her hand feels strong, now, right here together, as we approach this unseemly grave.
A soldier's body encased in armour of colours blue and spun with gold,
his hair is fair, as my wife's shoulder slumps, and eyes get filled with tears. Our hands tighten, and I avert my gaze for I cannot face
the dirt that's falling; right onto my child's remains.

So ladies and gentlemen, I beseech thee, for Its Holy Light.

My son's dreams were for a better reason, let us have peace; regardless of race.
So Light bless him and let him work, unopposed in your embrace.
I shall keep working far unto the morrow and tear down, each wall you face.  
So let us share and work united, so we can move to greener pasture;
for In Light's Grace, our love endures.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Community Mass and Theological discussions - Page 10 Empty Re: Community Mass and Theological discussions

Post by Drustai Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:08 pm

Wow, Djego did something serious for once. Mostly. Somewhat.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:34 am

Why have fridays become so hard for me to be online. Would have loved to be there. Thanks for the great preech.
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Shame you couldn't be there, well i'm sure i'll be back in a few months for Shine IV: Live free and Shine Hard. (its getting harder and harder to find new movie puns...)

And dru, that was the exact emotion i was going for! Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:32 am

As war against Hellscream continues, community mass changes again to field mass. Those are most likely shorter, more frequent and random, military themed. Locations: where the alliance is moving/stationed.
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:29 am

It was loooong break but time to get back and celebrate Pilgrim's bounty with a mass this week.

Next weeks discussion will be: Uther, life and work

Those who tried to hold mass before Kalimdor campaign, but couldn't, would you be intrested to give it a retry(JP, Moz, Anne)? And new preech holders welcome too:D 

Timetable updated at page 1
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:44 am

I will copy the the schedule on the guild calendar so the Naaruvadeans will know when what is going down.

You may expect the draenei inquisition.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:15 am

Emiraude, any chance that Djego could hold another winter-veil mass on the 20th of december?

If someone else wants that spot because they have a brilliant idea, or have been waiting for it, than by all means, they should have it, otherwise i'll be happy to do another.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Thelos wrote:You may expect the draenei inquisition.
What have we done? Shocked Always happy to see more draeneis ^^

Of course you can Djego <3 I want to see Shine III
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Feeniks wrote:What have we done?
Cling to your heretic ways while the Naaruvada has arrived to illuminate you and show you the true path of piety, of course.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:27 am

As Holy Brigade (DoL+HLb) is in Pandaria, Uther's life and work discussion is moved to next. You are free to talk other topics though.
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:31 pm

Here is the latest atrocious design from the venture co subsidiary: Schneebs Insurance, tax-attorney and poster designs.

behold, on the 20th. it will happen again!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Ohgod
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:28 pm

This is the time of year for a Lexmas!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:34 am

Come and see Shine IV and take Winter Veil into your heart!!!
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:13 am

Its going to be something.

Not sure what that is exactly, but its sure is Something.

Basically, you can't afford to miss it.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:46 am

I have to miss it again! Stupid awesome real-life, always getting in the way.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:39 pm

For the lazy sods that missed it Very Happy

Shine IV Live Free and Shine Hard wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I thank you for attending this mass I am Djego Stonehead and you'll be listening to Shine IV, Live free and shine Hard!

Before we begin I’d like to point out that my new audiotronic cassette ‘Uther Lives’ featuring such hits as ‘Starships were meant to flee’ and ‘I shot the Hellscream’, is available at every local engineering shop near you.

Now, we all know why we’re here, one to hear me speak, and two whatever I will speak about. Today I will speak about compassion, for we have much, for we need more, for we deserve more.

The light calls it a virtue, and a virtue it is, one of the big three, and rightly so; because it is the one quality that drives us into each other’s arms but not with violence or raised swords and trained barrels. Not with fingers on the trigger and the uneasy tension that accompanies that. Will I shoot? Will I slash? Will I rip you out of our fabric and condemn you to dwell as a haunted spirit on our soil?

Compassion drives us into each other’s arms with friendship, with love, and sometimes with mercy. It drives us into an embrace, hold tightly to ward of future harships. It drives us to press our lips against theirs and share our lives. Ultimately it lets us see each-other for what we are, not what we want you to be.

What we are lies beyond that great cathedral, in a building torched more times than I can remember sat firmly in the square; The Orphanage. There we can see ourselves and the sins we bring upon each-other; Our lives can be perfectly encapsulated with just that single building.  The good and the bad.

As a building it represents our ability to care. To say; stop, you don’t need to swerve the street, here’s a chance for a future, where you can sleep eat, and be safe. On the other side it is the exact result of our lives. Our wars. Our fights. Our bloodshed.

I’m not here to condemn that. In face I praise our ability to fight. Our capacity to stand up and say, stop. We’re not going to get crushed under your foot. We’re not going to succumb to the first of Tyranny. We are not going to fade from this planet for your sordid freaking need of destruction.

We defeated the burning legion, time and time again, where every other world succumbed to its hunger. We stood and repelled the horned beasts harder and faster than the dockside courtesan pleasures her clientele.

We beat scorching dragons, and our own kin raised from the dead, we defeated mad elves bend on world domination, and now we managed to beat the horde again. Vanquished the orcs, the trolls, the elves, the tauren and what-not.

We beat Hellscream!

And there we had them, the horde on their knees, and our war-machine, our men and women with their arms raised and guns levelled aimed for their throats. The Kor’kron beaten, the rebellion weakened, we had a choice. We could end it there. We could stop this eternal fight that started thirty years ago with the opening of that dark, dark portal.

We could send them into the night. Into the ether and into the freaking twisting nether. We could fill our bloodlust, fill our cup of revenge and drink it, thick with orcish blood. It was as easy as quenching a single finger around a single trigger of a single rifle.

And that is the choice.

When our survival is assured, when we have won, when we have beaten the demons at our doors, do we reciprocate? Or do we see the Light? Do we have the fortitude, the presence of might to embrace? To hug? To quench our thirst?
You just have to look back at that orphanage, at the children crying in the night for their mothers and their fathers, and their brothers and sisters. You just have to look there and know they want retribution.

Pulling the trigger means making more of them. Not just ours but theirs as well. Stomping down our boot means filling more hearts with hate. Filling more fields with blood, and drowning the silence with more cries.

This is compassion. And we saw it. We saw the end. And we choose for redemption. We let them live. We let them get back to the arms of their loved ones like we went to ours. Even though we know this could mean they’ll come back and hurt us again. Take away more of what we love.

All that for the chance of peace.

And let me tell you this, I like peace. I like going home and pulling off the gown of the lady waiting at home and burying my face into her flesh. I like coming home and running my hand through the hair of my son playing with a toy train cut from the fresh lumber. I like coming home and seeing my Sister dance with her lover and kiss when they think nobody is watching.

I like looking in my love’s eyes, their lips parted slightly holding their breath in anticipation as we draw near.

I like that, far more than watching a river turn red. Far more than taking a shovel to the frozen dirt.

So this week, this winter veil, do the right things, because tomorrow; we’ll probably have to man the barricade again. For tomorrow we will have to make that choice again. But not today, not tonight, tonight we can,  no tonight, we must simply shine.

We must simply embrace.

Happy winter veil, and I hope to see you all in the new year here again some-time.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:44 am

Shine Hard pictures after christmas santa 
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:04 am

Been absent, so this was left to drag. Pumb up!
Anyone ready to hold a mass?
If not theological discussions will take place next friday
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:31 am

Theological discussion today, normal time at Cathedral, topic: DEATH!
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Fri May 09, 2014 9:30 am

Timne to kick this back up.
This friday I will be holding a discussion about ic scary topic: Divorces.

There has been some ic weddings in games and some have gone after that their seperate ways. What is Church take on this? Can we say: no way! Or is it about one's own happiness, after all, why to stay if you will be misrable?

Come and depate!
Friday 23.5 at Gazebo, 8pm

Feel free to suggest new topics or hold a mass.
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri May 09, 2014 9:41 am

Stupid Friday events...
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Fri May 09, 2014 12:47 pm

yeah...but iw as voted as best day
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:31 am

Summer is almost over and time to get on your knees again and pray for your souls.

I am again taking applications for community mass holders. Earliest time that can be reserved is 5th of Oct. Line up!

First discussion will take place at gazebo 8pm and the topic is Uther and his life work. Date will be 19th of October. Remember that you can also suggest a topic, if you want!
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next