Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] War Sect

+13
Allonia_Miral
Allandra
Gesh
Morgaan
siegmund
Shevillson
Sullee Swiftspeech
Lexgrad
Skarain
Krogon Devilstep
Vaell
Thelos
Drustai
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[A] War Sect Empty [A] War Sect

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:47 am

*A poster is now pinned up in the shady quarters of the Forlorn Cavern, and in the basement of the Slaughtered Lamb. It has blue background and golden gryphons drawn followed by these words.*
“We are at war! The Alliance is in dire need, the continuous skirmishes in the battlefield are just a signal of what’s coming:
A storm of gargantuan proportions.
Our enemies are at our doors, our allies in danger.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you ready to show our leaders the strength of your powers and of your shunned Arts?
We have too loved ones, we have too reasons to fight.
Heed the call of the Alliance!
Contact Grenier Blackwrath, and join the fight for our future, a future where you’ll not be seen as a threat or a danger, but as the hero you truly are!”

IC: War Sect, codename for ‘Warlock Sector’, is an organization/brigade, made by order and with the blessings of the Minister of magic of Stormwind, which reunites all the warlocks and shadow users who find righteous, useful, or just beneficial, to fight ‘for the right side’. As such, like the SI:7, is shrouded in secrecy, though the people at the higher ranks of society, means ministers, ambassadors and/or leaders of the most important organizations in Stormwind/Alliance societies would know at least of its existence. Being secret means that the members won’t show off their powers in public, unless if ordered to, or in case of extremely dire circumstances, and means also that their members won’t reunite in public places to study/organize etc. Being though an official group means that, in case of need of some ‘professional advice’ from other official organizations, such as guards, ministries or else, that advice would be granted.

OOC: With what stated above, I guess I should add some explanation. We like it or not, in the back of our heads anyone, IC and OOC, should know and acknowledge that warlocks and shadow users are used by the Alliance in the war effort at least since the times of vanilla. Very recently(with patch 4.0.3) we know that the King himself grants a prize for those warlocks who deemed themselves worthy, helping the Alliance.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest%3AA_Boon_for_the_Powerful
(Feel free to check on other sites, if you didn’t the quest yourself)
Before anybody shouts ‘it’s a game mechanic!’, it is not, because there were other thousands ways to create a specific warlock class quest, without stating what’s stated in the quest text. Imho, we can’t ignore in-game quests, when it comes to the lore, especially because if we do, then almost nothing of the lore remains.

This said, I will just note some things about the recruiting: the guild/IC organization(you don’t have to join ‘formally’ the guild, if you want to be involved, though it’s strongly recommended) is aimed firstly at warlocks(not murlocs, warlocks) and shadow priests. Though, because warlocks are the least played class in wow, and, on a side note, I really understand that, because they’re extremely difficult to handle decently, and because the guild is primarily meant for military events, any class/race combination is welcome, though some classes and races(i.e. night elves, draeneis, druids, shamans and paladins) should really have a very good IC reason to join. Rogues would be taught the basics of shadow magic, thus to get them to be proper rogues, and not just thugs with a yellow name. Any class/race who wants to join but don’t want/can’t fight would be used as helper, such as cook, tailor, etc. One thing I’d love to have is a paladin/light priest as a sort of ‘clean face’ and ‘pr’ for the authorities. Only things needed to join are a reasonable grasp of English language and a good IC reason to be there. Accepted even OOC members/alts, of course.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

[A] War Sect Empty Re: [A] War Sect

Post by Drustai Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:57 am

Damn. I had been pondering making an 'official' good shadow-using group myself, but seems you got to it first.

Sadly, Dru won't have any part in this because it accepts warlocks. So you can expect her to actually be opposed to you. Razz

Last edited by Drustai on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:00 am

Hopefully this will push the roleplaying of Warlocks and Shadow Priests alike from "Kukuku I am evil, look at the skulls I wear on my shoulderpads, and the shadow tendrils I am so fashionably displaying in broad daylight. Who has a soul to spare?" to something more subtle.

I wish you the best!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:06 am

Aren't you the guys who killed that child?! Fortunatly, Vaell was the only Disciple who worked out most of the details of the case, so without guard status you're home free on that front! (if it was you...!)
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:50 am

Just curious, but will you be adhering to all local/Regional laws of the various alliance sub-groups?
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:58 am

Thelos wrote:Hopefully this will push the roleplaying of Warlocks and Shadow Priests alike from "Kukuku I am evil, look at the skulls I wear on my shoulderpads, and the shadow tendrils I am so fashionably displaying in broad daylight. Who has a soul to spare?" to something more subtle.

Actually, these are the guys that could rightfully wear the skulls and be overt. Remember, wearing skulls is silly when you're trying to remain hidden, as an evil cultist would be doing. But these guys aren't cultists. They're an official, sanctioned group. Thus wearing skulls and such could be a point of pride. Saying to the world, "Yes, I'm a shadow user, and because I'm part of this group, legally I cannot be touched." That's how Dru does it, and how most death knights do it. It's fucking arrogant, sure, and very politically disadvantageous (and could get a mob on you), but because they're a legally-sanctioned group they could if they wished. These guys keep their powers out of the public eye. Not the fact that they are warlocks and shadowcasters.

Though, for political reputation, it'd be wise to be subtle, of course. Just not strictly necessary.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:55 pm

How unfortunate that Skarain have left such magic behind *cough*.

Best of luck though. I to had plans for a time for such a guild, or any "dark magic, not cultist" guild. It just never started. I may be in contact, time will show.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Aren't you the guys who killed that child?! Fortunatly, Vaell was the only Disciple who worked out most of the details of the case, so without guard status you're home free on that front! (if it was you...!)
I was involved on Grenier in a way, but no, wasn't us at all. I could give you names and faces but... wasn't there!
Seiken Lionmane wrote:Just curious, but will you be adhering to all local/Regional laws of the various alliance sub-groups?
As a normal trend, yes. The idea is to keep the thing secret or, at least, not show off it. Of course, if one of us would risk his life on the street and he can't save himself if not but using a fel/shadow spell, he would be allowed to, meaning that, if he suffers prosecution, wouldn't be us to prosecute him. But, as a rule of thumb, he wouldn't be in such a situation in the first place.
Skarain wrote:How unfortunate that Skarain have left such magic behind *cough*.

Best of luck though. I to had plans for a time for such a guild, or any "dark magic, not cultist" guild. It just never started. I may be in contact, time will show.
Looking forward to it!
Hopefully this will push the roleplaying of Warlocks and Shadow Priests alike from "Kukuku I am evil, look at the skulls I wear on my shoulderpads, and the shadow tendrils I am so fashionably displaying in broad daylight. Who has a soul to spare?" to something more subtle.
With all said rightly by Drustai, I just add that it's one of the goals: for a reason or another, cultist rp is quite difficult on the long run and somehow recycled. With the incoming expansion much of the focus will be on the war between Alliance and Horde and I think it's good to have another place for whoever wants to be a warlock or a shadow user IC to stay, in the new situation.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Good luck, prepare for a thousand gallons of holy water to be blessed.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:34 am

Excellent initiative. I can see this bringing nice discussions IC.
Just a something: Isn't it true fel-magic corrupts the user? If so, you should take it into consideration by making the sect have other more morally dubious hobbies, or something. Could be fun!
Cheer and best of luck.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Fel corrupts, yes. It is power and it is a drug. Ever thought what it feels like being a god? Able to evaporate a person with a wave of hand and burst of yellow-green flame, the feeling of POWER! Some however use it only as a tool, power to achieve the ends, using it is -not- the end. That for example was only reason Skarain used it. It was power to achieve what she wanted. When she got what she wanted, found another path she had no reason to continue using it anymore.

Think it as alcohol. You can use it responsibly, but still hooked to its use. When it goes over the limits, it is the need for alcohol that becomes the center of your life. Nothing else matters anymore. Get a bit more money for that one bottle. That is the difference between a "good" and "evil" Warlock, as i see it. One who uses it within limits and another who is the slave of their addiction, explained in terms that we all understand it.

Of course Fel addiction is far worse than with alcohol.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shevillson Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:54 pm

I killed that child. *evil grin*
Shevillson
Shevillson

Character sheet
Name: Eldritch Moore
Title: Deathstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Skarain wrote:Fel corrupts, yes. It is power and it is a drug. Ever thought what it feels like being a god? Able to evaporate a person with a wave of hand and burst of yellow-green flame, the feeling of POWER! Some however use it only as a tool, power to achieve the ends, using it is -not- the end. That for example was only reason Skarain used it. It was power to achieve what she wanted. When she got what she wanted, found another path she had no reason to continue using it anymore.

Think it as alcohol. You can use it responsibly, but still hooked to its use. When it goes over the limits, it is the need for alcohol that becomes the center of your life. Nothing else matters anymore. Get a bit more money for that one bottle. That is the difference between a "good" and "evil" Warlock, as i see it. One who uses it within limits and another who is the slave of their addiction, explained in terms that we all understand it.

Of course Fel addiction is far worse than with alcohol.
And every user of it has a certain addiction / is a slave to it in some form.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shevillson Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Bah...we killed a child, a random guy, a woman, tortured 2 witch hunters, tortured a Freelancer mage, and nobody cares about us yet? Time to go on a killing spree.
Shevillson
Shevillson

Character sheet
Name: Eldritch Moore
Title: Deathstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Sieg had a Heart to Heart with Shervillson, though i wonder if he keeps his end of the bargain.

Though ya it was discued at the council but, seems like people rather arrest mercenaries or talk bad about the keepers of light than join and fight as one.

I sugest the War Sect deals with there Infidels! A true show of their loyality to the King!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:27 am

Eh wasn't one of your members last night on the council meeting warning the Council about Horde making siege on Stormwind through Ironforge and wanted the Dwarf District secure so Horde couldn't enter it?
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:08 am

Morgaan wrote:Eh wasn't one of your members last night on the council meeting warning the Council about Horde making siege on Stormwind through Ironforge and wanted the Dwarf District secure so Horde couldn't enter it?

I already informed him ingame when this occured, i think it was more of a unrelated incident.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:45 pm

Liking the theme of this guild! Warlocks are so awfully underplayed in RP!

Off-topic:
The Freelancers try to have pretty open doors to new RPers, and as some of you have seen, that sometimes leads to some of our members not being very experienced, and mixing up IC and OOC events. I do believe that is the exception, not the rule, however.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:49 am

siegmund wrote:
Morgaan wrote:Eh wasn't one of your members last night on the council meeting warning the Council about Horde making siege on Stormwind through Ironforge and wanted the Dwarf District secure so Horde couldn't enter it?

I already informed him ingame when this occured, i think it was more of a unrelated incident.

Dwyburn wrote:Liking the theme of this guild! Warlocks are so awfully underplayed in RP!

Off-topic:
The Freelancers try to have pretty open doors to new RPers, and as some of you have seen, that sometimes leads to some of our members not being very experienced, and mixing up IC and OOC events. I do believe that is the exception, not the rule, however.
It was what happened to that person who was in the Council, had just joined and was quite inexperienced: after I tried to get him the ropes, but he left the day after anyway. Which is, to reference Unaethralas, a sadness, a new roleplayer less.

By the way, Dwyburn, warlocks are underplayed in Rp because everybody starts with the wrong assumption that any warlock must be a cultist, which is not true: if it's true that in the end a warlock is bound to become a badass servant of the Legion, there are many steps before that, and he/she's not necessarily forced to be evil in the first place. The most peculiar example of 'warlock' in IRL literature is Faust: even if I prefer Goethe's version, can you say that Marlowe's Faust is a completely evil character, or that he serves, not to mention willingly, since the first page of the play, Mephistopheles' will? Warlock are destined to be evil, but are not always necessarily evil, or servants of the demons they call, if not because they use to kill them, to get the demon blood they need as reagent for their fel spells.
----

And every user of it has a certain addiction / is a slave to it in some form.
Indeed. Though, it's quite unclear how it manifests it in the short run: yes, we know that a person who uses it feels 'very good', as if (and there I begin with a little assumption) on huge endorphins: the person then would start to want more of that sensation, and so trying to get more fel for his magics, in a vicious circle.
We know that, if the person keeps doing it unchecked, he will eventually become a felsworn to the Legion, and in the end suffering physical transformation leading to demonhood(one of the reasons my warlock has red eyes, he has somehow already started to transform).
What we do not know, and can only assume, if there are ways to diminish the addiction, or to keep it in check, or how much time it takes to get the final steps, and how it relates to other kind of magic. We can assume that druidic magic, being the completely opposite of fel(it restores, while the other corrupts), could hurt, or somehow feel unpleasant to a warlock, and perhaps helping in slowing the corruption, if not halting/reversing it. Another thing I found out interesting to roleplay, due to IC circumstances(try to drink fel blood in Darnassus and get out of it alive) was the withdrawal symptoms, which I could assume as similar to those of a drug addiction(especially opioids) withdrawal.

Yes, was a bump.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Sophyra may have gotten you guys in a lot of trouble.

Not going to spoil it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:07 am

Up ye go! Yes, we're still looking for people.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:47 pm

My baby Demonoligist is currently hunting down members to try and get herself recruited in! exciting times!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:53 am

Finally! I bump this thread from a quote directly from 'Tides of War'

Spoiler:
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:49 pm

"No power comes without sacrifice. That is what we, wielders of the forbidden know. The righteous "Warrior of the Light" charge alone against enemy ranks, to buy his comrades time to escape before the onslaught. Is their sacrifice any greater than ours? We are shunned, feared, hated for what we are. We cause irreversible damage to our soul, suffer from terrible withdrawals in exchange for power. Is our sacrifice any less than theirs? Is the power worth the price we must pay? To revenge our homes, our loved... to end the Horde. Definitely."

[A] War Sect Warlock06-large
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Allandra Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Before anybody shouts ‘it’s a game mechanic!’, it is not, because there were other thousands ways to create a specific warlock class quest, without stating what’s stated in the quest text. Imho, we can’t ignore in-game quests, when it comes to the lore, especially because if we do, then almost nothing of the lore remains.
Also in Tides of War warlocks of Alliance used demons to fight the Horde fleet. Ok, books are not consedered lore, but the point still stands.

Good luck with the guild. Really good concept. ^^
Allandra
Allandra

Character sheet
Name: Alandra Wiliams
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next