Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called)

+18
Lorainne/Bridlington
Sabien
Kil'drakor
siegmund
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Seranita
Feydor
Coppersocket
Magaskawee/Anaei
Krogon Devilstep
Gesh
Ixirar
Lexgrad
Rmuffn
Cid
Drustai
Azarion
Norrian/Chezz
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called) - Page 2 Empty Re: The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called)

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:43 am

On a side note, is this guild the reason that these forums have been restricted again? That's a real shame, to be honest. What good is a community forum if only a select group of people can read it.

Unlike what some people think, the RP community is a lot larger than the amount of people that have been registered here. It seems wrong to not let that silent group view most boards (apart from maybe the Events section). Registering here is a bit of a hassle, after all -- with all of the quirky procedures you need to follow to be able to post.

Last edited by Buck/Gnash on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called) - Page 2 Empty Re: The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called)

Post by Ixirar Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:44 am

I don't see why you restricted it anyways, celltrex has an approved account and they're using that to spy on you either way.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:45 am

Agreed, if they want to wreck events they'll find a way regardless of a forum-lock.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:52 am

Don't you think that all this whining about them is giving them exactly what they want? As someone said to me, "ABOC are like naughty toddlers, they crave attention, good or bad"
The more you let it bother you the more they will do it and remember when you feel bad those that hate you win.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:12 am

Helmfrid wrote:You're always defending them Drustai. Question

Spoiler:
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:38 am

Chey/Sabien wrote:Don't you think that all this whining about them is giving them exactly what they want? As someone said to me, "ABOC are like naughty toddlers, they crave attention, good or bad"
The more you let it bother you the more they will do it and remember when you feel bad those that hate you win.

I suspect that the sense of bonding experienced because of shared frustration plays a role in the fact that we keep talking about them. tongue

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 am

The forum lock does not help against the certain guild. It 'may' help against all the other bored people with nothing to do. (as there is no real content in the game before MoP, expect for PvP and RP)

If you are holding an event on Contested area you should not announce it on the forums, and aim not to stay on the area for to long to reduce the risk to being found.

If you are holding an event on area where pvp flag can be turned off, like Stormwind Cathedral. If those bored people come there shouting insults you can /ignore. If they start throwing AoE spells, train sets, etc. that will earn them a ban.

I'd wish i would not always have to find alternative ways of linking people guides, posters and events if they are not signed on these forums. Though, it is not mine to decide whenever forums are open for all or not.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:47 am

Skarain wrote:The forum lock does not help against the certain guild. It 'may' help against all the other bored people with nothing to do. (as there is no real content in the game before MoP, expect for PvP and RP)

If you are holding an event on Contested area you should not announce it on the forums, and aim not to stay on the area for to long to reduce the risk to being found.

If you are holding an event on area where pvp flag can be turned off, like Stormwind Cathedral. If those bored people come there shouting insults you can /ignore. If they start throwing AoE spells, train sets, etc. that will earn them a ban.

Actually no, because you can still drive them off with PvP. Therefore the harassment rules do not apply even in blue-shielded areas. Only same-faction or sanctuary harassment counts, as you cannot use PvP to resolve it in those situations.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:48 am

True, it's not our forum but I can still express my discomfort about this -- in my opinion -- counter productive measure:

1. The forum is locked so that our events won't get crashed
2. Our events still get crashed regardless
3. The only thing it -does- prevent is people interested in our community from viewing.

Just my two copper.

Last edited by Buck/Gnash on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:54 am

Buck/Gnash wrote:True, it's not our forum but I can still express my discomfort about this -- in my opinion -- counter productive measure:

3. The only this it -does- prevent is people interested in our community from viewing.

Just my two copper.

Agreed.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:56 am

A locked forum is probably one of the silliest things Ive heard, I dont know another community anywhere that does it. As mentioned earlier it only prevents interested people gaining access.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Drustai wrote:
Buck/Gnash wrote:True, it's not our forum but I can still express my discomfort about this -- in my opinion -- counter productive measure:

3. The only this it -does- prevent is people interested in our community from viewing.

Just my two copper.

Agreed.

I to agree to this. Aboc crash events via other means than this forum as such a lockdow is pointless
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:30 pm

Lorainne/Bridlington wrote:

Spoiler:

Make that your avatar, NOW.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:49 pm

It goes well with my current avatar, doesn't it?
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Drustai wrote:
Skarain wrote:The forum lock does not help against the certain guild. It 'may' help against all the other bored people with nothing to do. (as there is no real content in the game before MoP, expect for PvP and RP)

Actually no, because you can still drive them off with PvP.

Sooo.. Everyone come to Shattrath (Sanctuary). We have cookies! Very Happy
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:04 pm

Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:Hate to be a pessimistic polly, but something here wreeks of an optimistic GM trying to help one community. Several GMs have -constantly- said that PvP action is not against the rules. Dropping flags, lights, train sets. <--- That is bannable. So unless they do that, the PvP doesn't break the rules.
They DO this. They do grief a lot. Jaldren (Alarianna / Lysenna) has sent screenshots to GMs showing this.

Personally, I do not care about the facts, if some annoyed GM bans them for his personal gain, that guy is up in my books. AboC are a bunch of turds that need a couple of flushes. Maybe a wet wipe to clean up the burn.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Oh look...another thread about ABoC. Really guys, you play right into their hands. These people are like toddlers, they just crave attention - no matter good or bad.

The Llama is on your lawn.

The ganking issues with the ABOC guild (or whatever they're called) - Page 2 Dramallamax

So many threads discussing them, so many threads proposing solutions, so much apathy when it actually comes to implementing them. They are not going to go while threads like this pop up to fuel their ego. You forum moderators like locking and deleting threads, why not just do that to any ABoC QQ threads and cut off their food source? Now that's a solution I'd like to see tried.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Atheramis/Chezz wrote:We're not the ones to pick what the ABOC's punishment will be.

My point all along was that they are breaking the rules of RP as I explained to him and he concurred.

As long as those dudes come along and gank us ONCE, that's fine. They aren't breaking any rules. But if they keep on ganking us after we tell them that this is an RP event - that's not cool. What they are doing is an organised killing spree against RPers and what they do is they target RPers only.
If I wanted to gank guys so bad I would fly around Twilight Highlands all day long and drop on random farming people. It's obvious that this is not for the PVP and the GM understood that. I have proof of this, which I submitted to him.
I think you're mistaken the word policy for rule.

Can we stop beating the dead horse now?
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:53 pm

Debri wrote:I don't see why you restricted it anyways, celltrex has an approved account and they're using that to spy on you either way.

Cell isnt ABoC Razz
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Helmfrid wrote:
Lorainne/Bridlington wrote:

Spoiler:

Make that your avatar, NOW.

Bad Lor! 2 eyes open when you shoot! Twisted Evil
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:57 pm

ABoC QQ threads and cut off their food source
This isn't about QQ. If they're still an issue and people are finding ways to squash that issue, why not make a forum post?
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:10 pm

Lexgrad wrote:
Debri wrote:I don't see why you restricted it anyways, celltrex has an approved account and they're using that to spy on you either way.

Cell isnt ABoC Razz

I talked to Cell the other day and he said he's been getting along with Faylum lately, and as a consequence of that also allows Faylum to spy on these boards using Cell's unbanned, approved account.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Why are we talking about yesterdays stuff when we could work to bring the future today? Get a darn suggestion for RP-PvP specific rulesets up already instead of whining about two counter-acting rulesets and we'll be fine and dandy.

Drustai, JP, myself and Frostfeather I believe is the dude's name have already suggested that so far. So what if they have spies here? If we get through with a ruleset change for the benefit of all (RP-PvP) instead of a priviliged few (RP/PvP), ABoC as an idea are screwed anyway and soon to be forgotten.

As Yoda so fittingly say it:
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Like I said. Let's just do the damn thing and see what comes out of it. GM said do it so let's TRY and see if it works. I can't say I care about rule or policy or whatever.

1. I love RP and I don't want to be disturbed while RPing.
2. Those ABOC guys doing a bad thing and everyone knows it.
3. Coppersocket, stop talking to me, PLEASE.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:02 pm

This thread makez me glad I'm not ingame anymore

PS: Making the forum private again without any warning was a lame move that won't help anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next