Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pt.4 "So called training"

Go down

Pt.4 "So called training" Empty Pt.4 "So called training"

Post by Rakshine/Vect Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Last chapter for now.

"So called training"

In my dream, i saw my family being killed over and over again. It happened so many times, I couldn't bare to watch it, but there was nothing I could do. Lucky for me, time flew fast, because one of the recruits, who called himself Mac, woke me up.

"We're going to be late" he said nervously.

I opened my eyes and found ourselves in the shady Inn.

"Oh, thank the light..." I mumbled quietly to myself, and probably made Mac look at me like im a retard.

"Lets get going then.." saying that half awake, and nodding at him, i got myself up. We both set out running towards the city gates.

"Going to be a wild day, eh!" he yelled at me while running, but i just kept quiet.

When we got to the city gates, we saw Darothar, waiting in front of a small line of soldiers. Both thinking that we'd get punished, if he'd be kept waiting much longer, so we joined the others as fast as we could.

"Glad you could join us" Darothar muttered from under his helmet.

Every soldier, including me and Mac, saluted the Highlord and a curiously heavy armor plated looking character. His shoulders were weapons on their own, with sharp blades sticking out. Later we found out he was the Champion of the order, called Chadel.

"This shall be a small march to the Westbrook Garrison. There we will meet two orders, the Disciples of Light and the Holy Lightbringers and engage in a friendly sparring match" the highlord talked loudly, while mounting his warhorse.

Darothar nodded at the Champion and then started slowly riding off in front of us. The Champion turned to us and yelled out orders to follow him. So we did, like a small group of disciplined soldiers are supposed to. We marched for at least three hours, always picking up the pace little by little, until we ended up running the last few miles.

When we got to the garrison, the first thing i looked for was a bush where to throw up my last nights food.

"Line up" the command was yelled out by the Highlord.

Gathering my strength for a minute, I joined the others. Finally i looked around the place, noticing some other Scarlets, probably older soldiers, standing in a different line from ours. We got introduced to the Disciples first, who were mostly wearing a blue tabbard and who were more obsessed with the Light than the Crusade. Next in line were the Lightbringers, white tabbard with a golden cross in the middle. A gnome, with white hair, white armor and a eye-patch stood out the most,, even for his size.

I kept looking around and noticed a woman staring at me, glaring. I almost felt like her eyes were stabbing me already, then someone yelled her name, Wicham, or,, Becky to some others there.

"I really have to ask her what that was all about.." i thought to myself.

"Rakshine!" was the next loud thing i heard. It seemed that the Highlord had noticed that my thoughts were elsewhere. I quickly turned my attention back at him.

"Everyone, pick yourselves a partner and go to the table. From there you will take a weapon of your choosing, as well as some light armor your size".

And so we did. People quickly picking up maces, shields, swords and daggers. But i prefered a claymore for myself. We got our complimentary red armor and Scarlet tabbards. The rest of the afternoon, up until nine bells was spent going over different techniques and so called, honorfull fighting in the battlefield.

At about nine past, a messenger came and asked all the orders leaders for a talk. Later in the night, we got the news.

"It seems, the Alliance scouts saw a army of Horde in the Stranglethorn Vale, marching towards Darkshire. Every soldier and recruit will be heading there, together with the other orders, we will repel the attack. Baptism by fire, ladies and gentlemen. For the Ashbringer!" the Highlord yelled out.

We were directed towards the first column, and the rest of the night, we spent marching towards the small town.

"If this is going to be training, id hate to see the real war..." i thought to myself. But i knew one thing. This was going to be hell.
Rakshine/Vect
Rakshine/Vect

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down