Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A blast from the past.

+5
Gogol
Gallandria
Geldar
Halya
Etular
9 posters

Go down

A blast from the past. Empty A blast from the past.

Post by Etular Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:58 pm

As I was searching Youtube, I decided to check my recommended videos and there was one video in particular that took my interest (Sorry, Gharb, it wasn't yours!):

What happened to these good old days when we used to participate in such brilliant RP-PvP events? What happened to those days where Alliance used to PvP just for fun and RP? You may say "Oh, we still do that now!" but until I see a group of guards dressed in their RP Guard uniform taking down a Horde Raid on Stormwind, I won't believe it. Quite frankly, I am upset at how PvP Alliance-side has deteriorated so far from the above video - where we would PvP in RP gear for pure fun, no matter whether or not we die - to now, where three people can run rampant in Stormwind killing our NPCs and no-one, not even the guard guilds that are meant to protect Stormwind, give a damn...

If there is one thing more than anything that will motivate me to create a guild, it is this - but I cannot, as my only level 80 is in The Allied Science Institute (and I will keep him there for a while until he "graduates") and lacks a background as a soldier/commander...
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

A blast from the past. Empty Re: A blast from the past.

Post by Halya Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Welcome to the world of making a character that isn't a leader of any description, and then wishing you could lead.
Halya
Halya

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:00 am

Heh i remember that WSG match, was beutiful. BAH, NOW IM NOSTALGIC AFTER SEEING THE CREDITS ON THE ALLIANCE SIDE! ;___________;
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:36 am

Geldar wrote:Heh i remember that WSG match, was beutiful. BAH, NOW IM NOSTALGIC AFTER SEEING THE CREDITS ON THE ALLIANCE SIDE! ;___________;

Pick up (or put away?) your sword once again, Geldar. It's not too late to change! Destiny calls you to put up arms against these Orcs once again - to defend Stormwind when it is under attack like real guard RPers should! You cannot escape Destiny.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:59 am

Geldar does kill the horde though 0.o
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:18 pm

I'v lost track on how maney times DRS have managed to stop Horde raids on Magni.
As soon as the first fiend sets foot inside the mountain, it's a rampage in guild chatt, quite a sight.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Etular wrote:
Geldar wrote:Heh i remember that WSG match, was beutiful. BAH, NOW IM NOSTALGIC AFTER SEEING THE CREDITS ON THE ALLIANCE SIDE! ;___________;

Pick up (or put away?) your sword once again, Geldar. It's not too late to change! Destiny calls you to put up arms against these Orcs once again - to defend Stormwind when it is under attack like real guard RPers should! You cannot escape Destiny.

I fight anything that has a red tag on its head and is in my city or for that matter anywhere, no matter numbers, gear, or if its IC or OOC. If its red, and its in the King`s lands, its dead.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Hah! I remember this, I've had it burrowed deep on my YouTube favourites for yonks.

And I agree that, since Stormwind has like 5 "Guard" or "Military" guilds, I'd expect to see a bit more of them actually trying to defend it from Horde raids...
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Merandil wrote:Hah! I remember this, I've had it burrowed deep on my YouTube favourites for yonks.

And I agree that, since Stormwind has like 5 "Guard" or "Military" guilds, I'd expect to see a bit more of them actually trying to defend it from Horde raids...

Agreed on the last part there, you are a guard, a soldier your supposed to defend the city not let your enemy run rampart through it. The thing is people just seem to ignore it IC like there isnt anything happening.
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wubeh Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Fear not, I have come to save you all with my pink pigtails.
Wubeh
Wubeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Wubeh wrote:Fear not, I have come to save you all with my pink pigtails.

Golden-haired, pig-tailed belf paladins > bubblegum-pink pig-tailed gnomes

ALWAYS!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Geldar wrote:
Etular wrote:

I fight anything that has a red tag on its head and is in my city or for that matter anywhere, no matter numbers, gear, or if its IC or OOC. If its red, and its in the King`s lands, its dead.

Good. We need more people like you.

Veia wrote:
Merandil wrote:Hah! I remember this, I've had it burrowed deep on my YouTube favourites for yonks.

Agreed on the last part there, you are a guard, a soldier your supposed to defend the city not let your enemy run rampart through it. The thing is people just seem to ignore it IC like there isnt anything happening.

'Tis ironic. I used to RP some "Evil Character", yet I always defended Stormwind. Ask a guard about defending, and all you get is "Why bother? They'll leave eventually." or "Why fight a losing battle?". Ask me, and you'll get "Okay, time to kick some ass!" just to find myself buried 15ft under the ground by the end of it...

Wubeh wrote:Fear not, I have come to save you all with my pink pigtails.

You told us on GES that you wouldn't because "NN is cool" Mad
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Veia wrote:

I can agree with a raid not seeming IC when it is 3 guys running around killing guards and the AH NPCs. Let us say a warrior paladin and death knight.
Even if they'd be well, heroes three people just don't charge around an enemy capital (I'd still kill, or atleast atempt to kill them if I was there and esp if I roleplayed as a guard). Three rogues stealthing around would be more IC as they well, hide from the guards.
But I can't just really belive that three fighters can run rampant in a capital city like that. Which they can if the players don't defend. A bit of a two edged sword as imo you shouldn't be able to make it passed the gate, without a 20 man raid outside a stealth/Invisibility tool, to capitals.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Well thats why I always say somthing like "This must be a distraction." or "There is bound to be more keep your eyes open and your weapons ready!" and also if three people did manage to make it past the guards this is because they are mounted the npc guards cant keep up. And if guard rpers do just stand there then yea of course they are going to get past.

And also the way I see it most Stormwind Soldiers are in a barracks or garrison.
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:47 pm

That was such a fun time. Good ol' Shonah did the video. I'm even in it!...Even if I refused to switch to RP gear fully. Very Happy
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down