Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC] The State of Stromgarde - A Call to Arathorians Across the Alliance

+9
Melnerag
Lexgrad
Zhakiri
Samian/Bismack
Rmuffn
Gilran
Krogon Devilstep
Timna
Magaskawee/Anaei
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[IC] The State of Stromgarde - A Call to Arathorians Across the Alliance Empty [IC] The State of Stromgarde - A Call to Arathorians Across the Alliance

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri May 11, 2012 3:00 am

Arathorians I call to you,

Deathwing has fallen, we are told by our seers the Cataclysm is over, so be it! We have no 'greater threat' to focus our energies upon, we have done our service to the Alliance! Let us now turn to our homeland! Our people need us! The Vile Forsaken march upon us and we have no aid, no one offering to fight our battles. My Grand-father, the Lord Seiken rallies you North, I urge you, friends, go to him. Let us rally once more under the Trollbane banner for the greater good! Let the words of our ancestors flow forth once more! Let we, the first Kingdom, the fatherland rise up and proclaim our right to rule!

It has been brought to my attention that the Orin, Orthur Thorgint has been consorting with our past enemy, and constant rival, the Chapterians, I pray day and night this is false, but the sources of such a rumour have been more than convincing. If this is true, I hereby renounce him as the Voice of -our- ancestors, the title bestowed upon him was done so that he might keep the faith. I shall resume my position as High Priestess and a conclave of the Ancestors will be held in the coming future. I pray this is not true, it would rock our very faith to the core to know our greatest had fallen to Phelgas' grasp but I remind the faithful that anyone may fall, after all the Church of the Holy Light lost their greatest. No one is infallible. If this is untrue, I urge the Orin to contact me immediately.

Let no Arathorian doubt his loyalty, my mother, the Shar, has along with myself decided that the titles we held should be forfeit, if Danath returns, he is our true King. Until that day, we must rebuild and restore our great nation once more.

Rally to the Banner, Rally to your Homeland,

-Anaei Tyra,
Regent of Stromgarde.

(Just a quick poke about Seiken's Arathorian gathering this Wednesday. PM him for details as i'm not entirely sure of them myself! Just if attempts a revival of Arathor, i'd rather set every IC detail straight so that there isn't awkward melodrama someway down the line and allow him a damn good crack at it! Also, in case people think the religious bit is me being over the top, Orthur and I discussed this all ages ago, so don't worry! There's nae' drama! Frankly it's creating more rp! Very Happy)

Last edited by Anaei/Vezullia on Fri May 11, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

[IC] The State of Stromgarde - A Call to Arathorians Across the Alliance Empty Re: [IC] The State of Stromgarde - A Call to Arathorians Across the Alliance

Post by Timna Fri May 11, 2012 3:56 am

Timna mutters to herself as she sees the outcry.
"They have called, and thus I shall come - should they agree to allow me a second chance. I will go on. I am no traitor!"
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

[IC] The State of Stromgarde - A Call to Arathorians Across the Alliance Empty Re: [IC] The State of Stromgarde - A Call to Arathorians Across the Alliance

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri May 11, 2012 6:00 am

Danath, Not Galen!

Do not want zombie king!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Fri May 11, 2012 8:37 am

(( Would an ambassador from Ironforge be welcome on this gathering or there would not be no place for such? ))

Last edited by Gilran on Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : editing)
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri May 11, 2012 11:05 am

Gilran wrote:(( Would an ambassador from Ironforge be welcome on this gathering or there would not be no place for such? ))

((By Behalf of myself, Faralan would gladly see Gilran there! But I think Seiken has the last call.))
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Fri May 11, 2012 1:47 pm

And next time have your little community balls back in your highlands, not my command center
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri May 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:Danath, Not Galen!

Do not want zombie king!

Now we know what happens when I write at 5am.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri May 11, 2012 2:57 pm

*Orthur sits re-reading the Book of Revelation as a fellow Canon reaches him informing him of the Call and Anaei's words regarding him. Muttering lowly with a gruff growl he says "When will she learn t'not make assumptions an' actually speak t' those 'er Elder. She's a 'Princess' 'o somethin' alright, drama..." *

-

Can't wait to bring O to the North but meanwhile, Nygy is with y'all.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri May 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:Danath, Not Galen!

Do not want zombie king!

Now we know what happens when I write at 5am.

That did make me smile Razz Zombie Arathorians!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Its an Arathorian meeting Gilran, just to get us together. I'l be holding regular.... meetings? councils? Court? well something so diplomats, our own members, and such can petition/ask/talk about stuff.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Fri May 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Understandable, thanks for clearing that up. Let me know when you'll organise a Meeting/Council/Court or whatever, so we can drop by.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri May 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Timna wrote:Timna mutters to herself as she sees the outcry.
"They have called, and thus I shall come - should they agree to allow me a second chance. I will go on. I am no traitor!"

Invited on the calendar you derp!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat May 12, 2012 1:16 am

Orthur wrote:*Orthur sits re-reading the Book of Revelation as a fellow Canon reaches him informing him of the Call and Anaei's words regarding him. Muttering lowly with a gruff growl he says "When will she learn t'not make assumptions an' actually speak t' those 'er Elder. She's a 'Princess' 'o somethin' alright, drama..." *

I'd hate to see Orthur's definition of an assumption if she got it spot on.. xD
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat May 12, 2012 6:56 am

. If this is true, I hereby renounce him as the Voice of -our- ancestors, the title bestowed upon him was done so that he might keep the faith. - I pray this is not true, it would rock our very faith to the core to know our greatest had fallen to Phelgas' grasp

Those are the assumptions, if you spoke to Orthur you'd know atleast why he has done what he has done even if you ICly disagree and perhaps understand that it is in no way an affront to the Arathorian Faith if reinterpreted which is Orthur's goal in bringing it North. It's not a fall from grace, or to Phelgas (Divine Shadow), but an enlightenment granted by Suxen (Holy Light). It is very much still Ancestral Worship even if the Anethionites would deny it, it fundamentally is.

Oh and it's ironic, had Anaei never given Orthur the title Voice, and the Spirits of the Ancestors not blessed that decision with willing conversation and presence, Orthur would never have been granted this groundbreaking revelation for it's purpose is to deliver the Ancestor's Will- through Orthur as the Voice, which is aimed at simply helping and guiding the Arathorian people. (Which is the primary purpose of the Voice of the Ancestors.) it just so happens that this pill is hard to swallow, in comparison to most revelation.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat May 12, 2012 9:31 am

I also find it mildly-ironic that the Chapter has ancesteral influence. For instance, Anethion is -still- Light's Prophet and makes his revelation known to the Vicar from beyond the grave. Martyrs continue to watch over the faithful and assist them, and holy relics (some items connected to old heroes) are used in worship at times. The difference is, I guess, is that the Chapter believes that the Light is the source of all good - so all the 'ancestors' do what they do because of the Light, so the Chapter thanks and worships the Light - not the 'ancestors'/'saints'. Even a prayer where Anethion is asked to keep guiding the Vicar is directed to the Light, not Anethion.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat May 12, 2012 9:58 am

Yeah of course but even Arathorian Ancestral Faith focuses on the Light as the bigger picture, atleast Orthur always did and preached so. The Ancestor are just conduits, guiding Spirits towards the Light itself. Obviously Anethionism and Ancestral Faith differ alot still but it's these simple pure similarities that Orthur is focusing on.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 am

Interesting... Perhaps my giant retard of a warrior will come by. \o/ I do love RPing her, playing an idiot comes easily to me. Sad
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat May 12, 2012 10:20 am

Morinth wrote:Interesting... Perhaps my giant retard of a warrior will come by. \o/ I do love RPing her, playing an idiot comes easily to me. Sad

You'd fit in the with the chapter as well then no doubt!

*starts writing Anethion Ban writ*
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sat May 12, 2012 10:45 am

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Morinth wrote:Interesting... Perhaps my giant retard of a warrior will come by. \o/ I do love RPing her, playing an idiot comes easily to me. Sad

Kaina was a lovely Arathorian! Razz Tell her to jump, not only would she ask how high, but off what, to land on whom, and would you like a souvenir?
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat May 12, 2012 10:51 am

Morinth wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:

Kaina was a lovely Arathorian! Razz Tell her to jump, not only would she ask how high, but off what, to land on whom, and would you like a souvenir?

DO WANT CRAZY THUG LADY. DO WANT.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sat May 12, 2012 11:13 am

Krogon Devilstep wrote:
Morinth wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:

DO WANT CRAZY THUG LADY. DO WANT.

BERSERKER. Thugs are so... Stormwindian.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat May 12, 2012 11:52 am

Eh, you knw what i meant. your invited on the calendar.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat May 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Atleast converse with Orthur before writing anything! Then you'll have the bigger picture and can go on informed. Although you'll probably just do the same thing Wink
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Sat May 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:

The Chapter? Huh you Savage? No wonder you play a orc and a Arathorian, Except from the skin colour there is big difference between the two! Very Happy
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat May 12, 2012 2:34 pm

Orthur wrote:
. If this is true, I hereby renounce him as the Voice of -our- ancestors, the title bestowed upon him was done so that he might keep the faith. - I pray this is not true, it would rock our very faith to the core to know our greatest had fallen to Phelgas' grasp

Those are the assumptions, if you spoke to Orthur you'd know atleast why he has done what he has done even if you ICly disagree and perhaps understand that it is in no way an affront to the Arathorian Faith if reinterpreted which is Orthur's goal in bringing it North. It's not a fall from grace, or to Phelgas (Divine Shadow), but an enlightenment granted by Suxen (Holy Light). It is very much still Ancestral Worship even if the Anethionites would deny it, it fundamentally is.

Oh and it's ironic, had Anaei never given Orthur the title Voice, and the Spirits of the Ancestors not blessed that decision with willing conversation and presence, Orthur would never have been granted this groundbreaking revelation for it's purpose is to deliver the Ancestor's Will- through Orthur as the Voice, which is aimed at simply helping and guiding the Arathorian people. (Which is the primary purpose of the Voice of the Ancestors.) it just so happens that this pill is hard to swallow, in comparison to most revelation.

I will of course happily debate what that relevation means, and yes, fair enough I see what you mean by assumptions now, although when one consorts with the enemy, one suspects foul play by good ol' Phelly! I don't see an irony, the Voice of the Ancestors in it's very description, "A symbolic title meaning that the holder speaks for the faith and attempts to make sure that no one dissents or flees the faith for the 'comfort' of the evil phelgas." Speaks for, does not dictate too. There is no special powers that come with it, nor has there ever been.

Ancestral faith is being viewed too much as a religion to be followed and worshiped when it was conceived as more of a path to walk along than anything strict. I believe that's what the majority are going to return to with the new revival, but still, no doubt we'll have discussions but i'd like to see it return to it's basics, before it became a church. So while Orthur reforms, there may be a counter reformation back in Stromgarde! His vision may effect all of us up here after all.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next