Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Non RP event Alliance] Fun run

+9
Rargnasha
Valerias
Rmuffn
Lexgrad
Jeanpierre
Ledgic
Ixirar
Magaskawee/Anaei
Aluvielle
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Non RP event Alliance] Fun run Empty [Non RP event Alliance] Fun run

Post by Aluvielle Thu May 10, 2012 4:12 am

The sovereign Guards formally invite you all to attend a fun run. Everyone is to create a level 1 Gnome Warrior and run a pre designated route, revealed on the day.

Those in the competition are to stay within the boundries of the area's they are to run through, but how they run through is their choice entirely.

The winner of the race will win a magnificently spectacular prize and be crowned "Sovereign Gonzalez".

The even will be held on the 1st of June 2012.
Aluvielle
Aluvielle

Back to top Go down

[Non RP event Alliance] Fun run Empty Re: [Non RP event Alliance] Fun run

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu May 10, 2012 4:20 am

I don't mean to be a dull durby.. But is a non-rp event, really to be advertised on the servers rp forum? :/
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluvielle Thu May 10, 2012 5:57 am

True, but would it not be fair to say, that it is the best way to advertise to RPers?

It is merely my intention to offer side attractions by way of small events once every so often to the RP community to stay in touch and offer different elements to the game. Would it also be fair to say that most people turn to RP as a distraction from the rest of the game? The same could be said of this, only the other way around.

If this does not interest you, then by all means, do not attend, but if each time i offer a small distraction that does not directly relate to RP and it is shot down, then i shall not bother again.
Aluvielle
Aluvielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu May 10, 2012 6:31 am

Getting butthurt every time somebody doesn't praise your events for the second coming of Jesus Christ you seem to believe yourself to be doesn't speak well for your abilities as an event organiser.

And no, you should advertise this on the realm forums, or in somewhere else that isn't specifically made for the purpose of promoting RP.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Thu May 10, 2012 7:05 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Getting butthurt every time somebody doesn't praise your events for the second coming of Jesus Christ you seem to believe yourself to be doesn't speak well for your abilities as an event organiser.

And no, you should advertise this on the realm forums, or in somewhere else that isn't specifically made for the purpose of promoting RP.

This, basically.

We're hardly damning the events you put up here. There is just little reason to advertise a non-RP event on an RP forum. The closest we've come to this is trying to organise the occasional raid.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu May 10, 2012 8:10 am

Always a fun joke to have such runs. My raiding guild used to do this with naked tauren for the guild's anniversaries.

Ohh.. stating this is not RP... well.. I think the topic's title was quite a give-away. Razz
There have been PvP and PvE events here, I see no reason to be rigid about it, provided it's clearly noted in the topic's title. Which it is.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu May 10, 2012 11:28 am

I wouldn't comment at all if Shakiri didn't go miss butthurt princess when the OOCish nature of this event was mentioned.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2012 11:51 am

I'll be there, FoK at the ready Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluvielle Thu May 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:I wouldn't comment at all if Shakiri didn't go miss butthurt princess when the OOCish nature of this event was mentioned.

Im not being butthurt, nor claiming myself to be a spectacular event organiser, and as JB clearly pointed out, this had a massive title stating it to be a non RP event.

I am just getting really irritated by the RPers on this forum who shoot down anything that someone says if they mis-word something or suggest something that isnt directly related to RP.

If you dont want to attend, then dont, but please dont feel the urge to bring a bad vibe to my posts. If you have something constructive to add, then by all means, but keep your faecious comments to yourself. They do you no credit.
Aluvielle
Aluvielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu May 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Man this forum at times. Putting an idea out is like dipping your John into a blender.

It might not be an RP event but does it seriously hurt you?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu May 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Shakiri wrote:True, but would it not be fair to say, that it is the best way to advertise to RPers?

It is merely my intention to offer side attractions by way of small events once every so often to the RP community to stay in touch and offer different elements to the game. Would it also be fair to say that most people turn to RP as a distraction from the rest of the game? The same could be said of this, only the other way around.

If this does not interest you, then by all means, do not attend, but if each time i offer a small distraction that does not directly relate to RP and it is shot down, then i shall not bother again.

I know Anaei can seem bigger than she is. Likes to talk and lead.

But she saying it isn't a good idea to post here. Was at the time -her- opinion, you react as if the entire forum attacked you, or as if she speak for us all.

That's perhaps something to consider in the future.. Her opinion is hers, not ours.

However, ofc. I do agree non-rp stuff can be posted on the official realm forum, and any rp events you make you can post here. ^^
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu May 10, 2012 9:19 pm

Faralan wrote:
Shakiri wrote:True, but would it not be fair to say, that it is the best way to advertise to RPers?

But she saying it isn't a good idea to post here. Was at the time -her- opinion, you react as if the entire forum attacked you, or as if she speak for us all.

That's perhaps something to consider in the future.. Her opinion is hers, not ours.

However, ofc. I do agree non-rp stuff can be posted on the official realm forum, and any rp events you make you can post here. ^^

Not entirely sure if I should be offended by that.

I didn't actually check this again until now, I didn't say what I said to be offensive. Yes other ooc events are posted, but usually with the intention of getting gear for rp (raids) or mounts (pvp). I was just sharing my thoughts, I don't speak for anyone but myself, and i'm not saying it's a bad idea. I just thought that if the goal of such an event did not benefit rp in any way, it should be advertised more on the general forum. I wasen't trying to be mean.

Last edited by Anaei/Vezullia on Thu May 10, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu May 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Faralan wrote:

Not entirely sure if I should be offended by that.

I didn't actually check this again until now, I didn't say what I said to be offensive. Yes other ooc events are posted, but usually with the intention of getting gear for rp (raids) or mounts (pvp). I was just sharing my thoughts, I don't speak for anyone but myself, and i'm not saying it's a bad idea.

You know I adore you. bounce
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu May 10, 2012 9:35 pm

Well there's no rule specifically against posting non-RP events here. I won't be too worried about it tbh unless there's a sudden flood of them, drowning out all RP events. (The horror!)
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Ghrm, character slots are full unfortunantly.
I reckon I'll just have to suffice with some gnome stomping if I have time. =(
Good luck though!
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluvielle Fri May 11, 2012 12:42 am

Anaei, the comments were not directed towards you. I appreciate that this is an RP forum and that is and should be dominated by RP events and the like. The comments were aimed at Ixirar and the others who shot down my last attempt at an event that was not specifically RP, without taking a moment to realise that it could actually be fun.
Aluvielle
Aluvielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri May 11, 2012 1:02 am

Don't understand why people get all aggitated when something that doesn't appeal to them appears on the forum.

Cocopop flavoured milkshake. "THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS, I DON'T WANT IT, FUCK YOU."

Shakiri, although I have no personal interest in it, did make it clear that it is non-rp. HOWEVER, perhaps there should be a "Non-rp" section on the forum for the OCD people.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri May 11, 2012 1:15 am

I dont like what you are saying Vaell... There is only one thing I can now do...... JIHAD! affraid

Please keep the spamming to a minimum. Also, you're potentially being offensive, refrain from those sort of remarks.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri May 11, 2012 7:16 am

I didn't see anyone getting aggitated at all. What I saw was people questioning why this ended up here, rather than solely on the realm forum.

Opinions are not daggers of evil.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri May 11, 2012 8:49 am

Shakiri wrote: but if each time i offer a small distraction that does not directly relate to RP and it is shot down, then i shall not bother again.

This is basically playing the victim which is exactly what I called you out on.

I didn't even mention the non-RP nature of your last event at all, I commented on the fact that you were doing a PVP achievement in the easy way (3 AM lol) and specifically asking the horde to not intervene so you'd meet minimal resistance and then later commented on the fact that you seemed to throw a fit the moment somebody made a post in your thread that wasn't specifically praising you for organising fun events.

Don't worry though, I'll keep my cancerous pesimism out of your events from now on.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri May 11, 2012 10:41 am

Lexgrad wrote:I dont like what you are saying Vaell... There is only one thing I can now do...... JIHAD! affraid

Please keep the spamming to a minimum. Also, you're potentially being offensive, refrain from those sort of remarks.

Well for the sake of equality

Getting butthurt every time somebody doesn't praise your events for the second coming of Jesus Christ you seem to believe yourself to be doesn't speak well for your abilities as an event organiser.

Is this not also potentially offensive? At least my comment was a general one at the militancy of many on the internet, some of whom being on this forum. The third post in the thread was a direct insult and a blasphemy so lay the stick evenly mod.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Fri May 11, 2012 11:55 am

My only problem with these kind of events is that they tend to get out of hands with a lot of ooc spamming and such.

If such events are promoted on these RP forums it may seem strange as we work to spread and promote RP, how can we then moan or point out issues with oocers ourselves?
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri May 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:I didn't see anyone getting aggitated at all. What I saw was people questioning why this ended up here, rather than solely on the realm forum.

Opinions are not daggers of evil.
I used the word aggitated instead of "being a cock." At the end of the day, 1. you don't have to read the thread - its title was pretty clear. 2. If something doesn't appeal to you, oh well.

There is a difference between an opinion and just being a pest.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 3:49 pm

-This is RP forums. Just use the realm forums

-Ixirar was blunt but Ixirar was right. Shakiri takes criticism as attacks, all the time.

-Lex stop trying to be the hero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri May 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Nothing to do with being a hero Pert, I am just fed up with the Attack dog mindset of this forum. Your conduct being one of the worst too Pert, Learn Empathy.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next