Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book of Lexgrad. Letters to the Anethioneans

+7
Rmuffn
Drustai
Melnerag
Demurral
Azmariel
Morgaan
Lexgrad
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Book of Lexgrad.  Letters to the Anethioneans Empty Book of Lexgrad. Letters to the Anethioneans

Post by Lexgrad Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:43 pm

(In full as my reading was some what cut short earlier. One copy was handed to the Anethioneans, one was pinned up in the Argent Bureau, some copies were sent to the Disciples and to the priests in the cathedral.)

The light shines on us all, may its peace touch you this day and may it illuminate your minds to open and receive the gift of these words I bestow onto you. War and hate are the call of the shadow, the Light called to me at all times and waited patiently for that shadow to be cast off my back as would a wanderer to a weatherworn cloak upon his return to home. As a man I was a shield, as ebon I was a wanderer, now I have returned. With my faith and hope I shall bear witness to my journey and may my mistakes find fertile land when I speak of them. In mind, voice and deed, let the Light witness our virtue and goodness.

Anethioneans,

I write to you all with a terrible sorrow, a sadness that would move innocents to shed a tear for you in pity. And yet I bring to you also the greatest joy, a happiness that would move even my heart, if only as in sleep. You are all of you a collection of great and grave sinners and you are on the path to damnation. Perhaps the nature of this sin is elusive to you, perhaps it is the shadow of hate that blinds you to it or maybe you know exactly what I am to say. As an order you have murdered. In the eyes of the light there are no measurements for this sin, to murder one is a tragedy yet it must be placed into perspective. There are lakes of Blood that stain your souls; there are bones as if fish in that lake and the bed is ash instead of sand. Ash of the victims who died in screaming agony.

Ash of the sinners that could have atoned. This is your great sin Anethioneans. Murder is not just a sin as the act of removing a life. This is but one aspect, you remove the mind, the quality and the potential of the being from society yet for the good man he will go to the light and he will shine forever more. But it is the wicked man you break, what of his fate Anethioneans? You snatch redemption from him, steal atonement. Without these your punishment in life that you call justice is rendered meaningless. But moments in the great shadow cools your fire. This is what you have done to your victims. As Priests, people of the light you do this unflinching? Do you doubt? Are you that cold to this Sin? You remove Redemption from the sinner; you will have to face your own judgement in but a short time. Do you now go to the light with a lightness of mind? You as I carry chains and weights; our sins are carved into a tablet that is unchangeable Anethioneans.

Know this, every deed will be examined and understood by the light far better than by ourselves. Do you understand you pull a cart and tents, a great ship of sin. Look to the destination and know fear Anethioneans. Damnation calls for you.

It is your fault.

Now you understand that the castle that you call Anethioneanism is no fortress but a trap. The shadow is an enemy beyond us, where we are weak it attacks, where we are strong it bends that strength to its will as oft times happens to all. Strong faith is no defence against the Clawing dark.

This is your Error.

But take heart for I ring you the greatist tidings, you are not yet damned. Whilst you live there is yet time for you all.

The compassion that we show to others in keeping with the Virtues is the compassion that the light will show to us, even great sinners. Men far more evil than you and I have atoned and been taken into the light. As it is no ones fault but our owns so is our redemption in our power to grasp. Atone and find the Virtues, walk again with the light. I urge you Anethioneans to see the truth of my words and to change your ways before your end.

Keep to the Virtues.

Lexgrad Barrow.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Book of Lexgrad.  Letters to the Anethioneans Empty Re: Book of Lexgrad. Letters to the Anethioneans

Post by Morgaan Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Peh a undead Paladin trying to teach us faith! D:

BURN IT WITH WATER!
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Book of Lexgrad.  Letters to the Anethioneans Empty Re: Book of Lexgrad. Letters to the Anethioneans

Post by Azmariel Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Morgaan wrote:Peh a undead Paladin trying to teach us faith! D:

BURN IT WITH WATER!

Quick Blastoise! Use Hydro Pump!

*Blastoise uses Hydro pump!*
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet
Name: Azmariel Dunmar
Title: Archduchess of nevergonnahappen

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:34 am

Just the phrase "Undead Paladin" makes me facepalm.

but, on topic, I like the letter, its true. Community of Light, cast out these heretics who corrupt the Holy Doctrine and corrupt -true- members from their paths!
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:36 am

Thats it. I am coming to your cell in the abbey, and I am entering a theological debate!

The Light wants us to bible-clash!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:36 am

Domovoi wrote:Just the phrase "Undead Paladin" makes me facepalm.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Sir_Zeliek
http://www.wowpedia.org/Ormus_the_Penitent
http://www.wowpedia.org/Crusader_Lord_Valdelmar
http://www.wowpedia.org/Scarlet_Commander_Marjhan

They exist. Razz

... whether or not Lexgrad is one is another story. >.>
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:46 am

Drustai wrote:
Domovoi wrote:Just the phrase "Undead Paladin" makes me facepalm.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Ormus_the_Penitent

I was once a paladin, . Now the Light shuns me, for my sins are too great.

I found that on Ormus. And The other two Scarlets (Not Zeliek cause I know who he is.) has nothing dictating that they're paladin in unlife. Unless they've got paladin spells in game that I wouldn't know of?
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:47 am

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:34 am

In this world of fantasy anything is possible. Didn't one of the horsemen use lighty-spells? Honestly, sometimes people cling so much to general canon that they loose their sense of wonder. It's a magical world, people! Anything is possible!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:37 am

....except a Female Chosen.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:05 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:In this world of fantasy anything is possible. Didn't one of the horsemen use lighty-spells? Honestly, sometimes people cling so much to general canon that they loose their sense of wonder. It's a magical world, people! Anything is possible!

Drustai already linked that and I didn't speak against him.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:20 pm

((Embracing the fantastical side of this world is probably the best.. Researched a bit into Paladins, "A paladin must be good and will lose all Light-given abilities if he ever willingly commits an evil act." I can think of a lot of Paladins who would not have powers anymore.. Still, a lovely letter Lexy, viva la anti-thion!))
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Hmm that letter was a most exelent read.. would give shentin an insperation to try and find lexy ic if she was able to see this letter
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:49 pm

((as we seem to have drifted off IC once more I shall a little of Lexadin RP as most of you have not met him IC since he found the light. Lex was a Paladin in life, a silverhand. Post raise due to a number of factors (livings attitude to the dead, the unholy nature of his existance and a great distance between him and the light) He became a antilight Misotheist.

It was a process that took months as Lex struggled with his sance and was helped towards forgiving the light (that in error he thought had abandoned him to undeath). It was IC chars that helped im here, mostly Thelos and (the LoDs priestess, sorry forgot the name : /).

After a deep conversation in shattrath post pilgrimage with Thelos Lex came to the conclusion that there was still hope, infact the relighting of Lexys hope was the direct cause of him shattering his soulblade as he could not coninue the practice of consumming souls. He retook the oaths he had inlifeto the silverhand and joined the Argent crusade, the only holy order who would accept him.

He is an undead Paladin as he lives his life to the codes and the virtues of a paladin. Paladins are more than soldiers who can shoot light from their ass it is a way of life that demands alot of the knight. Lex can not use the light (yet, possably, we will see) however he has given up his soulblade and his own soul, he has given away his saronite and his Rank inside the ebon blade and the Ebon shroud. He lives his life closer to the virtues than most every other light warr on the server.

So the real question is if using the light makes you a paladin. IMO it does not it is every other thing about Paladin RP that does.

Now can we get back to the IC part of the thread and off the RP bashing plox. Your char can make comments on the words.))
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:52 pm

he broke his broke his blade? aint he gona go slowly insane now?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Yep. A matter of faith Mon, as now his soul is free of the shadow and unholyness of the blade it can go to the light purer. Lex has given up alot to do this and it is more or less a one way trip (Lexy doesnt know Drus mates :p and even if he did he would not seek to rebind it. The soul goes to the Light and the body will function as long as it can, Lexys plan is to find his end before his madness).
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:28 pm

cool weell mabie if lexy gets himself killed and puts his faith into a priest to try and resurect he could be living again Smile but if not.. I wish lexy all the best of luck and i hope shaneitn bumps into you ic at some point.. im shure lexy would love an update on all the current goings ic Smile
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Lex will never be alive again :p It is a OOC decision I made. The best he will get is to use the Light but that depends mostly on RP.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:16 pm

Monrena wrote:cool weell mabie if lexy gets himself killed and puts his faith into a priest to try and resurect he could be living again Smile but if not.. I wish lexy all the best of luck and i hope shaneitn bumps into you ic at some point.. im shure lexy would love an update on all the current goings ic Smile

I sincerely doubt that to be possible. If there was a cure to the undeath, it'd be known, more people would've done it in the lore.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:18 pm

((Reminder it is a IC thread. Less Lore bores and more RP plox.))
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:11 pm

(( Just thought I'd add: A Death Knight who gives up his rune-/soulblade will die. Not slowly, but quite fast. Death Knights live by inflicting pain and suffering on other living beings with the usage of his blade. Without the blade, he'll go insane and die as a gibbering lunatic. Have fun bro! ))
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:52 pm

((As my RP is more interesting than the letter let me assure you all I am quite aware of the RP I do. However the Blade does not hunger for pain the knight does. The blade wants souls and is a different thing all together. Lexgrad still hungers and his soul grows more distant.))
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Eowale wrote:(( Just thought I'd add: A Death Knight who gives up his rune-/soulblade will die. Not slowly, but quite fast. Death Knights live by inflicting pain and suffering on other living beings with the usage of his blade. Without the blade, he'll go insane and die as a gibbering lunatic. Have fun bro! ))

((Incorrect. The runeblade anchors the soul, it is what makes a death knight a more powerful form of undead. Destroying the runeblade will not destroy the death knight, it will simply 'downgrade' them into a normal, non-anchored undead, like a Forsaken. They will crave their runeblade, desire to create a new one, and slowly go mad over the course of years/decades (again, like Forsaken and other non-anchored undead), but they won't spontaneously combust or suddenly starve. It is the same process as a lich... destroying the phylactery does not destroy the lich if the lich's body remains. One must destroy both lich and phylactery if one wishes to permanently end it.

Inflicting pain and suffering does not require the blade. Inflicting pain and suffering (or rather, the consumption of life energy through that infliction) is something that is still required, and able to be accomplished, without the blade (and is required for all undead in some form, not just death knights). The blade on the other hand consumes souls. The two are symbolically linked. The body desires pain and suffering, which the blade helps provide, while the blade desires souls, which the body helps provide. A death knight can still function without the blade, he can still feed himself through the suffering of others, but he is less powerful and thus less capable of sustaining himself. Likewise, a runeblade can still exist without a host, but is less capable of sustaining itself and so desires a new host.))

Faralan wrote:
Monrena wrote:cool weell mabie if lexy gets himself killed and puts his faith into a priest to try and resurect he could be living again Smile but if not.. I wish lexy all the best of luck and i hope shaneitn bumps into you ic at some point.. im shure lexy would love an update on all the current goings ic Smile

I sincerely doubt that to be possible. If there was a cure to the undeath, it'd be known, more people would've done it in the lore.

It is possible, and has happened in lore, just it's on the level of a miracle. It's not something that could be mass produced and easily applied to multiple undead. In fact, the version seen in-game was actually too easy, IMO, which is why I've only used it as a general overview for Dru's own quest to returning life, despite her knowledge of the subject and the process. The devil's in the details, as it were.

Any such event should always be an intensely personal journey over the course of years, not a simple step-by-step plan that anyone could follow.

Last edited by Drustai on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:00 pm

((Once more this is an IC post... Meh do as you like. I give up trying))
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:04 pm

((You can't force people to respond IC if they don't have any IC comments to make, Lex. Most people would probably prefer to respond to it IC in-game, anyway.))

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next