Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly question

+20
Eodain
Shaelyssa
Drustai
Lexgrad
Vaell
Rmuffn
Amaryl
Seranita
Sullee Swiftspeech
Reynar / Raviran
Kristeas Sunbinder
erwtenpeller
Zouyo
Skarain
Velynia
Quin
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Dunderholm of Ambermill
Ixirar
Dianthaa
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Silly question Empty Silly question

Post by Dianthaa Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:19 am

Don't bite my head off, I know it's highly unlikely that this is possible within even the most open-minded views of lore.

Do you think there would be any acceptable way through which you could race change IC?

The example I have in mind is having a worgen through some bizzare massive magical accident find him self transformed into a gnome over night and having to deal with it. I know it's a ridiculous idea but it would be so funny to do I just have to ask if there might be a way.

So err ... please don't bite my head off.
Dianthaa
Dianthaa

Character sheet
Name: Dianthaa
Title: Deathmaster of the Vile Thorn

Back to top Go down

Silly question Empty Re: Silly question

Post by Ixirar Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:24 am

No. Not ever. Don't do it. Ever.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunderholm of Ambermill Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:44 am

I'm highly against that change.

It would be something different if a human would become a worgen (because well, worgen curse) or a human would become forsaken (because well, death)
Dunderholm of Ambermill
Dunderholm of Ambermill

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:49 am

Why not, exactly?

It would be hilarious.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:00 am

Considering the magic shit that is already getting spouted in RP I see no problem with this, only I -would- advise that your then gnome character wouldnt mention it ICly at all, for the sake of avoiding scenes
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:07 am

The only possible race changes IC are Human to Worgen, Human to Forsaken, and possibly Worgen to Forsaken.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet
Name: Velynia Du Monteforde
Title: Grand Occultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:20 am

Creatures can be cursed into another shape (the trog at lower black rock spire for example), and magic -can- go wrong. If you want to, go for it. Just make sure to have a explosion big enough during transmutation spells.

It can be interesting indeed, since your personality doesn't change, and you gain a new (from up to down to down to up) perspective of the world. A personal quest to try (in vain or not) find a cure and getting used of being a gnome, not to forget when you meat -real- gnomes Very Happy
they start mechanical talk and your toon is like "....wat?"
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunderholm of Ambermill Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:20 am

Quin wrote:Considering the magic shit that is already getting spouted in RP I see no problem with this, only I -would- advise that your then gnome character wouldnt mention it ICly at all, for the sake of avoiding scenes

Suddenly becomes a forsaken paladin,...

Magic shit! Very Happy (stresses the word shit in that sentence)

Please for the sake of RP and Lore stop doing this stuff
Dunderholm of Ambermill
Dunderholm of Ambermill

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:33 am

The only way I can see this happening at all, is if ur worgen was a gnome icly to begin with. A gnome that got cursed into a worgen persay and now getting cured or something (yes I know there is no actual cure for being a worgen in lore). That's the only way I can see this happening without breaking too many brains.
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:37 am

Have you guys even experienced magic being used in RP? This seems like a VERY VERY minor thing in comparison, you should be aiming your arrows at proper horrid magic abuse rather then something as small as this.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:43 am

Dunderholm, would u say that we've experienced magic in RP before? *evil cackle*
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:04 am

I have an evil wizard that can hook you up, if it needs IC happenings. The dude is bat-shit insane, and already has a slew of other miscreations running around Azeroth.

If the Kirin Tor kan build a floating fortress in the land of an evil Lich King, then I'm sure a worgen can be transformed into a gnome, too. *shrugs*

I'm willing to play this out. Best send me a PM on the forums, the characters I play will be a bit scattered at the moment, since my main gal Delidah is a bit indisposed.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:28 am

Delidah wrote:If the Kirin Tor kan build a floating fortress in the land of an evil Lich King, then I'm sure a worgen can be transformed into a gnome, too. *shrugs*
Build? They bloody ripped it out of the ground and hauled ass there, leaving the ley line nexus that Dalaran was built on exposed to the rest of the world. I have no idea why but that makes my Blood Elf facepalm so hard.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:41 am

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:
Delidah wrote:If the Kirin Tor kan build a floating fortress in the land of an evil Lich King, then I'm sure a worgen can be transformed into a gnome, too. *shrugs*
Build? They bloody ripped it out of the ground and hauled ass there, leaving the ley line nexus that Dalaran was built on exposed to the rest of the world. I have no idea why but that makes my Blood Elf facepalm so hard.

To be a floating fortress in Northrend as the fight was taken to the Scourge. The undead have the necropoli' we had dalaran. And they wanted to get out of there nice and quick. Too many Forsaken going around killing their workers day after day hour after hour.
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:33 am

Either way, the point is, if they can do that, they can turn a worgen into a gnome.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:52 am

This is just pushing limits further and further. Too much of this "magic can do anything" talk and we'll be turned in to The World of Pottercraft in no time.
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 am

Seeing there are mortals hiding in the Twisting Nether nowadays, building great mansions in the place, I don't see the RP-'ethical' problem with this.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 pm

So how do you think she'll convince the Kirin Tor to turn a worgen into a gnome? Considering that Worgen Curse originated with druidic magic from at the least nine thousand years ago and none of the Nelfs have figured out a way of even reversing it...
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:02 pm

opiniins seem very devided here.. odd there is anothet one.. A polymorph spell gone wrong? that could work
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:18 pm

If a mage can turn you into a sheep, it can definitely turn you into a gnome, gnomes are simpler creatures then sheep or turtles after all

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Reynar / Raviran wrote:This is just pushing limits further and further. Too much of this "magic can do anything" talk and we'll be turned in to The World of Pottercraft in no time.
The magical prowess being displayed in the wow universe is way more far-fetched then the meager wizardry harry potter can produce. Kind of an odd comparison here. This is not a realistic universe, it is a magical one.

If OP wants to do this via in character story arch, I have High Wizard Theodore Wellsworth that can be "the villain" to turn him into a gnome. He is quite easily capable of such feats, and is very much know to mess with people for his own amusement or to satisfy his curiosity.

Sullee Swiftspeech wrote:Seeing there are mortals hiding in the Twisting Nether nowadays, building great mansions in the place, I don't see the RP-'ethical' problem with this.
That mansion was constructed in a long story line, i believe, with several high-powered wizards, including Skarain and Drustai, led by the late Fyrrel.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dianthaa Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks all for your views, I really appreciate it

Delidah if I decide to go through with it I'll poke you on PM
Dianthaa
Dianthaa

Character sheet
Name: Dianthaa
Title: Deathmaster of the Vile Thorn

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Awww yeah, join wellsworths army of failed experiments! Delidah is one of them, you know. Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:01 pm

im just watin for the day he gets his hands on monrena :S will be a scary day lol
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:09 pm

Delidah wrote:
Sullee Swiftspeech wrote:Seeing there are mortals hiding in the Twisting Nether nowadays, building great mansions in the place, I don't see the RP-'ethical' problem with this.
That mansion was constructed in a long story line, i believe, with several high-powered wizards, including Skarain and Drustai, led by the late Fyrrel.

The story of the mansion is in fact a sanctuary of magic users from the time before Dalaran, after the Troll Wars vs. Amani Tribe. It located before in the western coast of tirisfal glades, on the other side of the mountains. I can imagine that the common people wouldn't look well on the newly discovered magic, being strange and powerful...something to fear (torches & pitchforks anyone?) so they created a safe place for themselves. Most records are lost, but i can imagine the place being one to study the more dangerous aspects of magic, like it was meant with the project of Fyrrel (The Seekers (-of Forbidden Knowledge)). It was ripped from time and space, building frozen to the moment the spell was cast and moved to another plane to be more safe from "Lower" people and because of the fact they -could-. Its not exactly clear why it was abandoned, but it might be that once Dalaran was created they hunted down those dangerous magic users as they established laws to control magic use. There might be some dusty Dalaran records yet left of the place in the archieves, since that is the story how Fyrrel get to know about its existance and got his hands on an old key holding its cordinates.

I doubt the place is going to be used anymore. It was simply one additional place to flee, and it will be consumed by the chaos of the Nether in time without maintenance.

((The project never got that far, since he left the game. Original thread of the project: http://www.defiasrp.com/t4146-looking-for-magic-users?highlight=looking+for+magic+users))
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next