Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Now Recruiting)

+5
Ariden
Nifty
Yarnaat
Ralegh
Flintvik
9 posters

Go down

[A] Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Now Recruiting) Empty [A] Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Now Recruiting)

Post by Flintvik Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Background
When the dust settled and clouds of radiation dispersed over the battlefields of Gnomeregan and it became clear that victory had not been so absolute, the Gnomish race was faced with the yet still long road towards reclaiming their sovereign homelands. With the initial building blocks of New Tinkertown in place and the flood of new settlers that followed it, High Tinker Mekkatorgue along with the ruling council knew that the struggle to reassert Gnomish sovereignty would not take place solely in the valleys of Dun Morogh. The Gnomish population had spread far and wide throughout the world and so to were the materials and allies central to any effort to reclaim Gnomeregan. With this in mind the Ruling Council decided to create an organization capable of pursuing Gnomish interests world wide, one that could protect Gnomish operations, assets, citizens aswell as strike at the enemies of Gnomeregan and it's Alliance friends. This organization came to be known as the 'Gnomeregan Covert Ops' a intelligence service of sorts, armed with the latest technologies, Gnomish engineering had to offer, it was to be mobile, deadly and most of all discreet. In order to ensure mobility the organization was split up into numerous cells worldwide, one such cell was to make its base of operations in the Deeprun tram largely maintained by loyal gnomes any equipment and personnel stationed there were at little risk of discovery. Presenting also as it did, a perfect link for swift movement between Stormwind and Ironforge, giving the Cell the capability to act in the interests of the no small number of Gnomes who made their homes in these cities. Likewise such a locale would give ease of deployment to any part of the world through Stormwind Harbour and the land links to the south and north of the continent. Led by Flintvik, veteran pilot of the Second and Third war and now recent graduate of the Covert Ops officer program, the Deeprun cell lays dormant, awaiting fresh recruits and orders from the top. But it will not be long before the Deeprun Cell is activated as an effective tool for Gnomeregan!

So What Is The Aim?
We seek to roleplay as Gnomes who are members of the already present ingame organization the 'Gnomeregan Covert Ops'. This organization crops up a number of times as an Alliance character and appears to be a mobile task force capable of espionage and also small scale military operations in the name of the Alliance and Gnomeregan. To this end our roleplay will largely center on high tension storylines, full of intrigue and excitement but with a distinctly Gnomish flavour. The varied application of the Covert Ops by Blizzard gives us much scope in the kind of roleplay we can partake in. We see the covert ops crop up in two instances in the game, one in Dun Morogh where they parachute behind enemy lines and sabotage an ice troll village and secondly in Tanaris where they are conducting negotiations with the Goblins to maintain peaceful neutrality for the Gnomes living in the region (in opposition to a Horde diplomat with opposing aims). From this it seems we have scope for varied roleplay across the world that can go beyond the purely military or espionage angle. To this end I don't want this guild to appear to be Rogue only, I understand there is already an SI:7 guild for that, this guild is aimed more at filling the void in Gnomish roleplay on the server, by use of an organization that luckily has alot of catch all potential.

What can you expect?
Personally I'm a long time roleplayer now of about five years, but I've yet to step into the deep end and try my hand at leading a guild, but I've got some big ideas and I hope to keep this guild both fresh and exciting. With abit of luck and good organization I'll be able to keep interactive story arcs running through the guild, hopefully with the cooperation of other guilds and players to make this idea alot of fun, aswell as participation in world rp-pvp. By placing the guild's background with ease of access to Stormwind and Ironforge, we can interact with many different guilds and take part in the usual tavern roleplay etc. On top of this I'll try to keep events as regular as possible with fun and interesting storylines with an aim to keeping things high octane, if I'm not being too unrealistic about my other time applications (and ofcourse the more committed members we get the more the load can be shared). In terms of stories expect; negotiations missions, hostage rescue, military deployment, conspiracy plotlines, the list is only limited by the imagination and how many different character types engage with us in order to create even more complex and exciting story-lines.

What is expected of you?
Well not much, you must be a Gnome, level is of little relevance. In terms of roleplay experience, i'd like to think myself more than patient enough to help people learn, so don't hesitate to join if you are new, as long as you are committed to learning. I'm loathe to apply class restrictions to the guild, however Warlocks and Death Knights may need some creative roleplay to get past in character biases. Likewise there is no age restriction provided you can show maturity.

So where do we fit in?
Obviously as a secretive organization we will not be charging around Stormwind in battle gear and making arrests, under the current conception of the guild the authorities of the Alliance will know of the existence of this organization in so much as Gnomeregan knows of SI:7, but less so of where they are operating. It is likely any activity in major cities will revolve around Gnome centric storylines, with much of the day to day roleplay being done through cover stories to maintain our secrecy and consequently espionage abilities.

Is it all about Roleplay?
Right now it is, as we get more members and depending on the levels of the members I'm open to partaking in any end game content, most likely this would require ooc alliances but do not think that by joining this guild you shut off the opportunity to experience the endgame as it wouldn't be true.

So what now?
If you are interested in joining visit our website at: http://gco.guildtag.com/ where you'll find more information as well as forums where you can post an application. Once you've done that I'll get in contact with you in game, we are currently few in number but I wouldn't let that put you off, this is after all a concept that can work with just a few members, not to mention the Guild has only been going for a matter of days.

Anyway thanks for reading, I've written a short cliff hanger story below for anyone interested, hopefully it'll help you visualize the concept I have in my head alot better than these non-fictional paragraphs. Smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Do you see it?’ staring out of the cock pit window, Flintvik could see it, the unmistakable silhouette of sails and a moving hull, engulfing the the reflected stars on the waters surface in darkness as its murky form slid across the water, ‘Captain..’
‘Yes I see it’ Flintvik said, cutting Deebley, the pilot, off mid sentence.
Jumping up from the co-pilot seat of the Gnomish stealth bi-plane, Flintvik turned around to his fellow operatives sitting nervously in the back, numbered at only five and clad head to toe in black leather, what they lacked in size and strength they made up for in, Gnomish ingenuity equipped as they were, with their fearsome Gnomish battle rifles. Accompanied by Gyroblade’s a newly engineered form of sword, with fearsome jagged metal teeth lining the blade, capable of gyrating to catastrophic effect at the squeeze of the handle. ‘Okay Gnomes, we’ve found them, for weeks these Goblin slave traders have been plaguing Alliance oil platforms throughout the South Sea, kidnapping our fellow Gnomes and allies, who knows what troll charms have been fashioned from the dead of our Gnomish kin, sold by these slavers to the trolls of Stranglethorn! Remember the key to success is stealth, we cant let them use the prisoners as hostages, but remember your training and these Goblins will know swift Gnomeregan retribution!’ Flintvik observed through his steely gaze as the faces of the Gnomes under his command became enthused, shaking off the lethargy brought on by hours trapped in this confined space, his emotional words had been exactly what they needed. ‘Okay battle helmets on, check your gear, we jump in a matter of minutes!’

Turning to Beebrox, the plane technician in the cock pit, ardently pouring over calculations, ‘Have you got the calculations ready, Beebrox?’
‘I think so captain, according to our current speed and trajectory, measured against the speed of the ship, we should..’
‘Enough, Beebrox, I don’t need to hear it, just make sure you can get us on that ship safely!’. Beebrox simply nodded as he continued to input data into the mysterious machination installed onto the cockpit controls. Flintvik began to move to-wards the rear of the plane, grabbing the last spare parachute from the rails and clipping it on over his back. ‘Gnomes stand to attention and form a queue, you know the drill!’ barked Flintvik as he hit a button next to the rear hatch, suddenly the hatch began to descend as the loud hum of the plane’s engine subsided to the ferocious roar of the equalizing air pressure against the ears of the operatives. A sudden crackling filled the air as Beebrox activated the ships intercom ‘Ok captain, we’ve got one shot at this, you have a twenty second window to jump in ten seconds or you’ll miss the ship!’
‘Ok you heard him Gnomes, get ready!’ Flintvik yelled over the roar of the wind, turning to face out of the hatch and sliding his Optic goggles over his eyes as he did so.

Flintvik held his right hand into the air, five fingers outstretched he began to count down the last five seconds, dropping a digit as each second passed. 5.. 4.. 3.. 2..The final digit dropped, the intercom buzzed, ‘NOW!’, Flintvik did not need the warning, propelling himself out of the hatch, the air rushed by him now as the stars reflected on the ocean surface were getting closer at ever increasing speeds, the black form of the unlit ship was drifting forwards, getting ever nearer to the required position. Flintvik’s years of intuition kicked in as he pulled the string of his parachute, within an instant it sprung out, streaming out of his backpack, dramatically slowing his descent. His landing seemed assured as he drifted slowly on a collision course with the ships deck, he could only hope the others had the same knack for estimation.

Hitting the deck with no small amount of force, Flintvik flew to the floor, colliding against it with a loud thump, within seconds he had detached his parachute and was on his feet, his Gyroblade drawn. Straight ahead a bewildered, wide eyed Goblin stood, hands still attached to the ships wheel, he barely stood a chance as Flintvik squeezed the hilt of his Gryoblade, the subtle whistle of the whirling cogs filled the air before being replaced by the sound of garish cracking as the blade prised its way through the Goblin’s ribcage and straight into his heart, the spinning edges of the blade making short work of the bone and soft tissue. Withdrawing the blade, the goblin simply slumped to the floor, dead within an instant.

‘BANG’ the unmistakable sound of a gunshot rang out all along the deck, it seemed not everyone had fared so luckily as Flintvik. Looking up to the source of the sound, the crows-nest, there stood a Goblin armed with a musket, already priming another shot, he was near finished reloading. His target, it appeared was an fresh recruit to the operatives Dwobni who had caught his parachute on the rigging as he came down, leaving him dangling helplessly from the ropes. Below deck, the irrefutable sound of Goblins springing to action rang up through the floorboards. Flintvik cursed under his breath, his Gnomes arranged on the deck now, fearful and awaiting command, gritting his teeth and trying to think, time seemed to slow as the plan began to unravel right before him..

Last edited by Flintvik on Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Flintvik
Flintvik

Back to top Go down

[A] Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Now Recruiting) Empty Re: [A] Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Now Recruiting)

Post by Flintvik Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:01 pm

I should also note I'm now aware that there is a similar themed organisation called 'GEARS' so the fate of this concept is dependent upon how talks with them pan out. Smile

Edit: I've decided to push ahead with creating this guild due to conceptual differences with GEARS. Get in touch or sign up on the forums, need 3 more prospective members. Smile
Flintvik
Flintvik

Back to top Go down

[A] Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Now Recruiting) Empty Re: [A] Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Now Recruiting)

Post by Ralegh Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:06 am

Right, im in about to transfer a gnome mage over to this server and would be interested in placing him in this guild.
Ill contact you In game since i find this concept intersting and great!
Also loving the avatar picture!
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:54 am

This seems quite interesting indeed, and I'm most likely going to make my main a gnome and transfer her to DB. But yeah, she's a death knight OOC but wont be one IC, is this a problem in any way? If not I'd gladly join.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/DefiasBrotherhood/Soolíe/simple
Engineering for the win!

Last edited by Aedis Swordfall on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintvik Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Ok great guys, I've had one other person interested in game so far so thats 3 prospective members. I've gone ahead and got the guild set up in game by aid of my wallet, so its just me in the guild right now, hit me up in game once you transfer and I can add you in. Also it would be helpful if you could fill in the application on the guild forum at gco.guildtag.com mainly to give people the impression this guild is getting off the ground (since I have other recruitment posts on the official forums with less interest). Thanks. Smile In terms of my avatar, I couldn't possibly take credit for Google. Very Happy The DK should be fine, I know some people have prejudices against people roleplaying DK's as something different, personally I don't have a problem with imagining something on the screen to be something different than what the game mechanics force me to see.. But you'll probably need an IC reason for having glowing blue eyes and excessive skin peel to make it palatable to random roleplayers. Smile Well anyway hopefully we'll get a few more people interested soon, I look forward to you seeing you guys ingame.
Flintvik
Flintvik

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Well, I'll be wearing goggles most of the time. I guess I could say that an experiment or something went wrong?
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintvik Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Aha yea that sounds like a great idea, you could for example be a Gnome who was exposed to alot of radiation in the fall of Gnomeregan which has destroyed much of his skin tissue but saved most his mind. Makes me think of the Ghouls in Fallout 3, but play it how you want, I just think that idea sounds cool. Smile
Flintvik
Flintvik

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Atm it's the best reason that I can think of, so I'll use it. Just need to realm and race change Razz
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:47 am

I've got a guildless gnome alt that I'd gladly join with, more gnomish roleplay!
Nifty
Nifty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintvik Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:41 am

Aha thats the spirit Nifty, just get in touch with me on Flintvik in-game. But also it would be helpful to write an application on the guild forums so any would be newcomers to the site see a healthy application board and not an empty one, like it is right now. Very Happy
Flintvik
Flintvik

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariden Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:25 pm

SI:7 for gnomes? I like it! I wish you the best of luck and maybe we will have to work side by side, or blade by blade as it is more likely to be.

Regards
SI:7 Oprative Thief.
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet
Name: Ariden Draksbane
Title: Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:02 am

Right, I've transfered my main to Defias now, the name is Namí.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdar/Melan Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:34 am

This sounds great! More covert RP, and especially more gnome RP. Best of luck, and I hope you contact Section Seven for some co-op missions or training.

Regards
SI:7 Operative Scarecrow.
Valdar/Melan
Valdar/Melan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigumoto Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:45 pm

I've only recently joined the server (and these forums) with a Gnome rogue and look what I stumble across, possibly the perfect home for him Smile
Wigumoto
Wigumoto

Character sheet
Name: Cogsworth
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:45 pm

Wigumoto wrote:I've only recently joined the server (and these forums) with a Gnome rogue and look what I stumble across, possibly the perfect home for him Smile

Mhmm..
Gnome *Check*
Gnomeregan's tabard *Check*
An awesome moustache *Check*
*Stamps*
[A] Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Now Recruiting) Stampo11

Just joking, but yeah so far I like the idea, the planning (And all that stuff..) and the members. Heck, I even dumped a guild that I had been with for like 1,5 years for this.
If your character wants to fight for his home, country and family this is the place for you. Wink

Last edited by Namí/Antle/Línn on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigumoto Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:22 pm

He has been known to take down targets with his awesome moustache alone. Wink
I'll get an app up for him on your forums in a couple of days. Smile
Wigumoto
Wigumoto

Character sheet
Name: Cogsworth
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:18 am

Wigumoto wrote:He has been known to take down targets with his awesome moustache alone. Wink
I'll get an app up for him on your forums in a couple of days. Smile
It looks like a great moustache really!
just contacts Flint and you will be into the guild in no time!
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Visceril Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Are these guys around at all?
Visceril
Visceril

Character sheet
Name: Visceril Strain
Title: Deathstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Manathon Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Manathon
Manathon

Character sheet
Name: Manathon Oakshadow
Title: Druid with beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Visceril Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Manathon wrote:
Kaigron wrote:Are these guys around at all?

https://defiasrp.forumotion.net/t2766-gadgetzan-gazette-extra-extra-trade-prince-gallywix-survives-another-assassination-attempt

They were quite a big part of it.

Groovy, I'll have to get in contact with these for future Ops!
Visceril
Visceril

Character sheet
Name: Visceril Strain
Title: Deathstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down