Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warlock help

+7
corleth
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Drustai
Raene
Velynia
Marrik
11 posters

Go down

Warlock help  Empty Warlock help

Post by Marrik Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:33 am

Hello again pesky me with some more warlock question I was wondering about so that it might help me inrich my character a bit so feel free to awnser if you got any info on them.

Openess:

OK well I am wanting to maybe if I can make it work RP an warlock in a diffrint direction to the whole cultist idea and was going to maybe be a bit more open about his studyies into the darker arts and was thinking more along the lines of working with the magic comminity in Stormwind if possible with something dont know yet supply them with demon know how or something (just an random example) and of course due to the new law will be on the magic registary thing people have been going on about. Also I have gladly acepted the fact that if I can make this work I aint gonna be all that trusted and gonna have a invisible barrier thats reppeles people from me and more than likley get the whole barrage of rude comments and hatings.

Aligntment:

Well this one is a bit tricky to say the lest so I am going to try put is as best way as I can I would like my character to help Stormwind and the magical comminity with his talents of course but being a warlock there more that likely be something I am after in return such as a counter service or something well I still need to see about that one.

Wrong with looking good ? :

Well when I mean this as of course would like to waer some nice looking warlockiy stuff as my normal attire to wear instead of having to wear disguises all the time if I am trying to help Stormwind some how (dam paladins get to look all shiney and stuff) and I know thats I am most likley gonna stick out quite a bit because of what I have chosen to wear wich gonna make people uneasy as well but hey aint that gonna also help creat a good excust for some random RP as well right ?

Withdrals and balancing :

Well due to lore a warlock is not a warlock unless he is corrupted full stop so basicly GIVE ME THE DAM BLOOD!! will probably be a good excuse to have my character to have a form of struggle you know probably suffering from withdrawls now and again and also more than likley start to enjoy hurting some one and finding it amusing and such or even start to become out of the nirmal way of acting having outbursts of being irrational and the ocasional persoanlity shift. As for the balancing i am sure the lore also states that warlock are also able to become corrupted while also in some way not becomeing fully corupted and mad driven so I am guessing there should be a way to counter act that like a form of meditation or something ?

character pact - ing ?:

OK well this is more of a does it seem do able question well say a walrock character being able to form pacts with emons be able to form simmilar pacts with people in a certian way, for example say a person doessent trust some one else but are able to form a pact for example and both partys do not trust each other completley and wanted some isurance they aint gonna hurt each other of lets say you dont harm me I wont harm you policy the peform the pact basicly ina sense making a deal not to try and kill each other but of course there to make sue the pack worked a forefit such as a horrible curse physicly hurts the person trying to kill the other person. Also to make sure that basicly some one cant go around being bullet proof making hell of a loads of pacts with people it would be limited to something like one per two people so baiscly a caster could do one with some one but not a second one with another person at the same time or even have them only last a certian amount of time so as they only act as a temporary safe guard of sorts.

Well there is my ideas I had without trying to give to much away I guess feel free to add any suggestions and advice if anyone has any also.

Thank you for reading.
Marrik
Marrik

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Warlock help  Empty Re: Warlock help

Post by Velynia Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 am

Warlocks are certainly become more accepted in society, though still largely distrusted. Wrynn has recognised their use at least, as I believe in one of the Warlock Quests he commisions a Scythe to be made for the player, and the questgiver mentions something about him finally recognising our use.
Don't expect folks to be too friendly to you though IC, Warlocks are still largely hated and distrusted. I wouldn't wear all that flashy armour when wandering around Stormwind - You'd still likely be arrested.
I heard somewhere that the Stormwind Army can occasionally call upon Warlocks to aid them in battle, albiet rarely.
To sum it up, I'd advise agaist wearing flashy armour and robes in Stormwind, and while Warlocks are becoming more accepted, I'd still wouldn't be too open about it, unless you want a Lynch Mob to be knocking on your door.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet
Name: Velynia Du Monteforde
Title: Grand Occultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 am

Roleplay a Belf Lock. You'd be a legend.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Fel magic in the city is illegal. While warlocks are tolerated and allowed to use their magic in support of the kingdom outside of its borders, using it within the city proper is still bad and will get you in trouble. This applies especially to wandering around with demons. As long as you don't use fel magic in the city, then you'll be fine.

Regarding gear? As long as it's not obviously fel-tainted (as bringing fel/shadow objects into the city is against the law), it's alright even if obviously evil. Though it means you'll be likely to get stopped by people thinking you're up to no good. I've had Dru walk around Stormwind with skull-motif gear before, myself. People can stare, but it's not illegal as long as it's not enchanted with fel/shadow magic.

But yeah. Being the friendly neighborhood warlock is fine, you just have to be very careful with it. You have to understand that just because you tell people you're a warlock, and are allowed to use it in a warzone, doesn't mean you can freely use it in the city, or walk around with a felhunter at your side. It's not illegal to be a warlock, but it is illegal to cast warlock magic within city boundaries.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Regardless of any political situation, I do not think you should expect to be ever accepted by any religious characters. I mean, your character contracts with demons, for Light's sake! You can sweet talk it all you want, but in the end you are dancing with the devil. (in the pale moonlight) No ammount of merits or benefits will ever warrant the contracting with demons in the eyes of the pious.

That's just my take on the matter as one who roleplays a strongly religious Draenei.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Come dance with Delidah.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Walking around in warlock garb isn't enough to get you arrested no (unless they are fel/shadow enchanted, or you use fel/shadow in the city) but it is enough to get you into the Chapter's Bane of Heresy. Twisted Evil
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:15 pm

http://www.defiasrp.com/t3316-city-laws-alliance?highlight=city+laws

Its quite much what Drustai said. The law doesn't forbid of -being- a warlock. Its the practice of such arts within the kingdom . However as the warlock cove in the lamb, or the shady houses in ironforge - Forlorn cavern proves its still practiced, although underground. It may be known by the leading elite but they look at it between their fingers, as long as the common folk doesn't know, since they can not deny the usefulness of the help warlocks bring to the battlefield. Does your dislike and fear of Warlocks overcome the hate you have against the orcs and undead? I doubt.

I will contact you ingame, since this is what Skarain is. She doesn't call herself openly a warlock, doesn't practice such arts openly, and is limited by several boundaries set to herself when using but she is still very much a Warlock.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Also, stay away from the blue guys. Bastards grabbed Deli and locked her in their purple crystal prison thing..
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tollir Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Delidah / Scuzy wrote:Also, stay away from the blue guys. Bastards grabbed Deli and locked her in their purple crystal prison thing..

Was that due to Fel magic, Or Delidah's almost natural ability of being annoying ;D
Tollir
Tollir

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:55 pm

We believe the two to be intrinsically linked.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:02 pm

My character, a warlock, is heavily aligned to Silvermoon City. She is basically married to the city.

However, what she does do is draw more and more power to herself, stepping over her own jurisdiction quite often. Felmagic does make you powerhungry. How you deal with that hunger is fun to RP.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:12 pm

As a suggestion of being an open warlock, the law says...

Use of Forbidden Magic
The use of any magic drawn from demonic sources, pacts with demons or items related to them without the permission of either the Kirin Tor or the Stormwind Mage Tower. Additionally, the use of shadow magic within the city walls.

Summoning Demons
An act of summoning a demon within the Kingdom's limits, or bringing a demon into the Kingdom without permission of either the Kirin Tor or the Stormwind Mage Tower.

As we have a new Minister of magic and a budding magic community you could try to get permition from them, could be fun RP. Otherwise RP as a Kirin Tor Demonologist perhaps. Both routes would need at least a public impression that you use what you do with disipline and in the interest of the public; Not for your own gain.

Good luck I love RP when people take their RP out of the cliche for the class.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:15 pm

Also talk to Skarain/Gende. A very fine magical RPer.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Thelos wrote:We believe the two to be intrinsically linked.
Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrik Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:51 am

Delidah / Scuzy wrote:Come dance with Delidah.

Sure why Not I shall put that on my to do list

after I have some more things moving along smoothley Twisted Evil
Marrik
Marrik

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:53 am

Unfortunately Delidah has been... Delayed
erwtenpeller