Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for magic users

+17
Sorayah
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
erwtenpeller
Saevir
Morinth
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lorainne/Bridlington
Skarain
Mandui
Gesh
Shaelyssa
Tso/Feloreth
Borian
Thelos
Drustai
corleth
Fyrrel
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Looking for magic users Empty Looking for magic users

Post by Fyrrel Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:31 pm

I am quite new at this, so do give your opinions about it if its wrong, or goes against anything in the community. Some feedback would be most welcome! Anyway... without more delays, Ill contextualize.

Seeking magical knowledge is more than the simple study of the unreal phenomenon - it is, in itself, grasping straws of that which is greater than any living being; it is delving into the very essence of Azeroth. As such, the ultimate goal of a true magic user is unraveling the very secrets hidden away from the common mortal, the code written deep in that which we call magic - Unmasking and discovering these secrets so that we can wield the true magical potential that has been imprinted within our very beings!

The act of seeking a greater understanding of magic is, by many, considered reckless, sometimes even heretical; and as such, rules, regulations, barriers, obstacles, impediments have been placed so that the common magic user is molded into that which those less extraordinary want and consider safe - Merely because they do not understand!

Dalaran, being the prime example of what a domesticated magic society is, wastes away years, decades of progress in understanding Magic, dissolved in rules and bureaucracy, preventing the true magic user of finding the real Truth about our studies - preventing us from touching that which is the very essence of our being!

The True Magic user, and seeker even, needs no rules to shape his path to the ultimate goal! He himself knows which rules he has to follow to achieve his prime objective. He will know what to do to reach his essence!

As such, I am looking for Magic users, exceptional individuals, who seek to break away from the dictatorship of society's fear for our own power, of our own potential; and create a Secret Society of Magic Seekers, bent on unraveling the secrets of that which we so lightly call Magic.

OOC: Well, In few words I am looking for people who wish to form some sort of secret group to expand the horizons of our own magical studies. Any magic user is welcome of course, as long as they feel the urge for more than what is allowed by the magical and political society. This means, very unorthodox means for using magic and experimenting! Many commonly unacceptable studies and procedures! etc etc... This way we could maybe form some sort of community of exceptional individuals who would offer their (secret) services to those who know where to look.

I dont know if it is a good idea... or even if it is doable at all... But I found the idea fun without forming any kind of Guild (Since its secret! :p). Anyway, please do give your thoughts about this, and of course, if its not possible please say so! Surprised The least I want is advertising things that are against the rp community rules Mad

If this idea is accepted, we will together figure out some way to contact eachother... but first, best know if it is decent Smile

Anyway... I think I said all I wanted.

EDIT: Of course this is supposed to be a secret! I just posted to see who was interested! :p

Last edited by Fyrrel on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)

Fyrrel

Back to top Go down

Looking for magic users Empty Re: Looking for magic users

Post by corleth Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:51 pm

Drustai may be able to lend you a hand.

Last edited by Corleth on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyrrel Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:53 pm

That would be awesome! Very Happy

Fyrrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:00 pm

If there is a first meeting or such, I'd go to it. Considering my character was just convicted of necromancy, and such knowledge is thus very popular news atm, your character would have almost certainly heard of it, and could try to recruit her.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyrrel Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Oh yes I read about the trial. Shame I couldnt be here Sad

Hmm I might actually do that... We can start with 2, and head on from there to find more exceptional magic seekers! Very Happy If more people dont answer that is :p

Fyrrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Corleth wrote:Drustai may be able to lend you a hand.

+1
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Borian Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Diviner Feriand Driviux, will eventually find you, and bring you to court by the council of six! Only the time, until you do something stupid in public, will tell when. Very Happy
Borian
Borian

Character sheet
Name: Borian / Gohman
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tso/Feloreth Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:12 pm

I am also interested! Whisper Ofto.
Tso/Feloreth
Tso/Feloreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Oh, if you want to get into contact with me, in-game I'll typically be on either Drustaí or Drustaì.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:26 pm

Drustai wrote:Oh, if you want to get into contact with me, in-game I'll typically be on either Drustaí or Drustaì.

Or the lesser known Warrior called "Drustaiaiai"
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:53 pm

... no.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:57 pm

Oooh I'm definitely interested in this ...

roflmao
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Spoiler:

Back on track, this sounds pretty interesting and has my er.. I-interest!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:20 pm

This sounds related to the essay I've been working on. Mandui will be returning to SW, so contact me in game or with a PM here.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:22 am

Im interested. Being young with magical arts doesn't mean you would not have ambition to search for hidden possibilities. Will contact you ingameb
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:06 am

I'd gladly support this idea on Tsurana. You'll have to convince her, though.
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyrrel Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:50 am

Great to see so many interested!

Im sorry if I only answer effectively at times this weekend because my internet is quite limited (have to share a pen with my brother) since the one I use normally is down.

However I will take note of all the names and attempt to contact you ingame to see how we can set up each "meeting" (whether by letter, personal encounter or some other way).

We are all smart individuals, we wont make the mistake of doing silly things in public (I hope!) :p

Also, age has nothing to do with it! Younger people, in fact, have less chances of being shaped by the dictatorship of the magical society, thus having a keener magical seeking instinct! :p

Fyrrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyrrel Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:53 am

Oh also, I know Drustai has been accused of Necromancy, but I have to know for the rest of you how I can approach you, considering who your characters are Smile

Last edited by Fyrrel on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Fyrrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:11 am

Fyrrel wrote:Oh also, I know Drustai has been accused of Necromancy, but I have to know how I can approach you, considering who your characters are Smile

I know the German word for mobile phone is "Handy", and I know there's a good joke in there but somehow I cannot put all the pieces together.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Thelos wrote:
Fyrrel wrote:Oh also, I know Drustai has been accused of Necromancy, but I have to know how I can approach you, considering who your characters are Smile

I know the German word for mobile phone is "Handy", and I know there's a good joke in there but somehow I cannot put all the pieces together.

Easy: Her knowledge of Necromancy would come in handy?
Medium: You can let her hand-le the more obscure aspects.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:
Thelos wrote:

Easy: Her knowledge of Necromancy would come in handy?
Medium: You can let her hand-le the more obscure aspects.

He just couldn't put his finger on it beforehand. Thinking of them's becoming quite a handful, so some people are mishandling the whole joke all together. Neutral
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyrrel Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Oh yes I know her necromancy knowledge could be most useful. I merely stated it as an example Smile

Contextualizing, I would hear and read about the trial and would approach her bearing precisely that thought in mind. I would then gauge if this is an injustice or not, and see if it is magic that rules her (madness!) or if she is actually seeking a higher magical understanding.

So from this information I have about her, many things can be planned for a meeting, which will be discussed. However for the others that are interested, I need a bit of information that I would hear or read about that would make me think "hmm... yet another good candidate to join the ranks".

I hope I cleared it up with Drustai's example Smile

Fyrrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyrrel Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Oh something occurred to me while I was getting back home... would it be at all doable to get horde participants?

I think it would add a nice touch to it... then again I dont know... though since I am very inexperienced in this I do not know whether this would be a good idea or even possible. Also there is the communication aspect which I do not know how to go around...

Just throwing the idea... Any opinions are welcome on it Smile

Fyrrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:21 pm

I wouldn't know if there are any hordies that fit into this. The ones that come to mind would most likely be there to either backstab you when convenient, or just use you for their own means.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Horde you say? My Forsaken, Lady Lyliath Ashford may be interested. She's a bit of a pyromaniac. She'll test anything to see how combustible it is, or how fast it burns out. She wouldn't set you on fire immediately if you approached her on a visit to Dalaran.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next